Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,650 members, 7,851,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:11 PM

FG Resumes Payment Of Petrol Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Resumes Payment Of Petrol Subsidy (737 Views)

FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants / Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter / FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Resumes Payment Of Petrol Subsidy by naijasolidng(f): 10:04am On May 03, 2016
The Federal Government has said it would pay subsidy on Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) from the recoveries made in the first quarter of 2016. This was contained in the latest Petroleum Product Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) template released in Abuja yesterday. It said between January and March, the federal government was able to save about N10 billion as a result of selling the product above the expected open market price. According to the new template, the expected open market price of the PMS had risen to N99.38 per litre for independent and major oil marketers and N98.62 per litre for NNPC retail outlets. It added that the expected open market price was the actual price of the product without subsidy and it was based on the current exchange rate of N197 to a dollar. It further said, at the current price of N86 per litre at NNPC retail outlets, the federal government was paying N12.62 per litre as subsidy on the product and N12.88 per litre as subsidy for other oil marketers’ price of N86.50. A breakdown of the template revealed that for NNPC retail outlets and independent and major oil marketers, the landing cost of PMS imported into the country was N84.32 and N85.08 per litre, respectively. It stated that the distribution margin, which include retailers, transportation, bridging fund and dealers margin among others, stood at N14.30 for both the NNPC and other marketers. According to the statement, this brings the current expected open market price to N98.62 and N99.38 for NNPC retail outlets and other marketers, respectively. Prior to his election, President Muhammadu Buhari , had announced that he had nothing to do with subsidy. This position was further reinforced by his administration when it announced last December that it was scrapping the Petroleum Support Fund, also known as fuel subsidy. Speaking to journalists at the Port Harcourt refinery where he had spent Christmas inspecting the facility, the Minister of State for Petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu, said the government could no longer pay the subsidy due to the fraud tainting the scheme. Kachikwu, who is also the Group Managing director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), also added that government could no longer afford the payment due to the dip in its revenue, caused by the drop in crude oil prices. He said a new pricing template he signed off effectively removed the payment of subsidy on petrol and that oil marketers would be informed of the development in the coming days. “So for the first time, people will understand that the pricing modulation I was talking about is not a gimmick. It is for real. We have gone to find out how we will be able to fluctuate this market to reflect what the reality of the crude market is. The objective is that one, we cannot afford to continue to subsidise. “We can’t even understand where those subsidies were going to. There are a lot of fraud elements in it so we need to cut that off.
http://solidvevo.com/2016/05/03/fg-resumes-payment-petrol-subsidy/

Re: FG Resumes Payment Of Petrol Subsidy by allawizzow(m): 10:11am On May 03, 2016
Re: FG Resumes Payment Of Petrol Subsidy by Massdamm(m): 10:12am On May 03, 2016
Sai baba more grace to ur elbow
Re: FG Resumes Payment Of Petrol Subsidy by chinelo207: 10:35am On May 03, 2016
See as them dey talk from two sides of the mouth anyhow.

this plot is booked. GBA!
Re: FG Resumes Payment Of Petrol Subsidy by ephemm(m): 10:38am On May 03, 2016
We lack saving culture in the country, in times of plenty, we must save.

When the PPPRA template was favourable, what was done with the excess?

As the price of crude oil is increasing, I know some governors will start asking FG to share the excesses, let's cultivate the habit of saving, we won't be faced by these problems.
Re: FG Resumes Payment Of Petrol Subsidy by Ratello: 10:42am On May 03, 2016
cheesy grin I don laff too much here.......I thought the worthless, shameless APC family said SUBSIDY is a FRAUD now I can see another LIES being busted. Indeed, APC has no remedy to Nigeria's myriad of economic woes....very useless and lying government.

1 Like

Re: FG Resumes Payment Of Petrol Subsidy by TANTUMERGO007(m): 10:43am On May 03, 2016
grin zombies no get sense at all cheesy
Re: FG Resumes Payment Of Petrol Subsidy by nnachukz(m): 10:49am On May 03, 2016
The Dullard once again bites his tongue while talking what he knows nothing about.
Subsidy is a scam to enrich few and impoverish the masses....Before election.
We will resume the payment of subsidy...After election.
Zombies are still dancing to the uncoordinated confusing tune of their master.

1 Like

Re: FG Resumes Payment Of Petrol Subsidy by Cocoyamu: 12:26pm On May 03, 2016
I remember this ruling party (the APC) once claimed Subsidy is a scam.

Does this mean they are paying scam??

The double standard of this Administration is epic, i cant even understand one bit....

I WAIL..... seriously.

(1) (Reply)

No Funeral To Hold In Benin Kingdom Once Burial Rites For Late Oba Is Announced / LIST Of Ex-ministers Currently Under EFCC Interrogation Over 2015 Campaign Fund / PDP CRISIS: A LITMUS TEST FOR BURUJI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.