Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank (28821 Views)

More Than 60 Million Nigerians Are Unbanked – World Bank / World Bank Says Nigeria Will Soon Recover From Economic Recession / Mobile Cook: Man Fries Eggs By Moving From Place To Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by gemtlesoul123: 2:09pm On May 03, 2016
The most corrupt bank in the world!!! world bank.
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by BioXtraOrganics: 2:14pm On May 03, 2016
This is unfortunately true, but we remain optimistic, hope and work towards turning the tides around.
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by laprince(m): 2:14pm On May 03, 2016
Imortal001:
IMF loan na by force, world bank doing collabo with IMF to reduce our market value in the world, but their own na play. I trust baba for that one.
PMB: we will not do anything that goes against our national interest.

You're right. But again, Nigeria could be.

My former organisation pay at least 1million Naira to Standard Organisation of Nigeria (SON), just to come and visit our organisation.

Mind you, its like a must. Else, you will be blacklisted.

Its difficult doing business in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by simplyakinz(m): 2:14pm On May 03, 2016
[quote author=TPAND post=45273970]

You are so gullible and uniformed. I can't join issues with you. Ignorance kills faster than any disease [/quote
Hahaha
! The guy don run.. Kpele!
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by berrystunn(m): 2:17pm On May 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:
The devil is a liar, Nigeria is a great place to do business.

We offer:

24/7 uninterrupted power
Running water
Corruption free so no bribes
Ease of transferring income back to base
Ease of importing raw materials with no red tapes
Exemplary road network for transporting goods
Impressive rail system for moving materials
Great healthcare system for our workers
No need for supplemental power source
Highly secure, no robberies or kidnappings
No terrorism like pipeline vandals or boko haram
Stable government, no breakaway republics like Biafra

Come to Nigeria and do bizness yah all

Good format
Mailer needed
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by laprince(m): 2:21pm On May 03, 2016
shamecurls:
[size=13pt]God bless President Mohammadu Buhari

God bless The Federal republic of Nigeria

Nigeria is almost there and this report is surely a Western propaganda cos am sure they wouldnt have added us to the list if we had accepted the loan offer
[/size]

almost there?
Very funny.

We will get there. But, we are still far behind.
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by TPAND(f): 2:22pm On May 03, 2016
[quote author=simplyakinz post=45274208][/quote]

Run... You are an hilarious ignoramus. Damn I can't believe you asked such questions. What did Jonathan do in 6 years in Nigeria. Are telling me, you were sleeping, eating, and going back to bed for the 6years Jonathan was president
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by Tedassie(m): 2:23pm On May 03, 2016
MrsPhyno:
Worst is the wrong word. Difficult is more accurate.

All the people doing entrepreneural businesses in Naija are making big bucks, it's actually one of the most fertile grounds for money making schemes. The lack of electricity and other measures that are supposed to be oriented by the government makes businesses difficult, but not impossible.

When/if Buhari and his administration decide to shape up and focus on the important things instead of witch hunting, Nigeria can explode with business.

@bolded...abeg o,be mindful of deez boko boys;you don't wanna be giving them ideas,you know we live in incendiary times.lol

@Topic
This administration should formulate&implement sustainable economic policies that will be geared towards growing these SMEs(Small&Medium Scale Enterprises) and i believe our GNP per year should improve considerably.
#just_a_thought
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by XX01(f): 2:24pm On May 03, 2016
doctore89:
if we had collected the IMF loan am sure we would be the most favorable country to do business. God bless this government for saying no to their mysterious gift

Greek gift you mean.
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by Tedassie(m): 2:27pm On May 03, 2016
ItzChinnex:

My brother you may be right. Cause I went to buy garri around my school area,before now #100 used to be 7 cups but to my greatest bewilderment it was 2 cups #100. I was lugubrious cause I have to buy #400 garri. This is so sad. Many Nigerians are feeling the pains.

@bolded...same here,maybe it's hightime i grew my cassava farm,afterall it's an annual crop
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by gbaby4live: 2:30pm On May 03, 2016
chido20:
am nt surprised thou. since the dullard is in power we can't move forward

Point of correction...
YOU CAN'T MOVE FORWARD..

#SHIKENA
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by Sanchase: 2:33pm On May 03, 2016
Soon Nigeria will occupy 189th position with the way things are going.

This current president "Are you aware of the need for vibrant Economists in a government".

Running a government is not all about political appointments, making trips abroad, falsifying budget, turning deaf ear to problems, neglecting panicky situations and so forth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by chido20(m): 2:40pm On May 03, 2016
gbaby4live:

Point of correction...
YOU CAN'T MOVE FORWARD..

#SHIKENA
na ur generation no go move forward u will suffer till u die #shikena
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by Saintp(m): 3:01pm On May 03, 2016
Flexskillz:
A lot of people don't read a post before commenting. What position where we last year before PMB took over? What was it 2-3years ago? IMF loan has nothing to do with it. All the indices used in measuring are very valid and are thing that you and I know.
How will businesses thrive where there is no power, no good road network and harsh govt policies. Hw many people can secure a loan easily?
Things are worse now! But the situation can still be salvaged. God bless the Federal republic of Nigeria.

Bros you even get time to educate these guys. Sometimes it's better to keep quiet and allow them to wallow in thier stupidity. Before you say jack, it will turn to wailer vs zombie fight.
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by tpiah01: 3:03pm On May 03, 2016
Hm
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by Chimdiebere(m): 3:15pm On May 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:
The devil is a liar, Nigeria is a great place to do business.

We offer:

24/7 uninterrupted power
Running water
Corruption free so no bribes
Ease of transferring income back to base
Ease of importing raw materials with no red tapes
Exemplary road network for transporting goods
Impressive rail system for moving materials
Great healthcare system for our workers
No need for supplemental power source
Highly secure, no robberies or kidnappings
No terrorism like pipeline vandals or boko haram
Stable government, no breakaway republics like Biafra

Come to Nigeria and do bizness yah all
Biggest lie in the history of mankind ! And after saying all these, in reality even Uganda that doesn't have Petroleum can boost their economy with Banana! Ordinary Banana! Get your facts straight before you talk nonsense!
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by Greenback: 3:16pm On May 03, 2016
Category1:

[size=13pt]ogbeni let's here word with ur stupid bubu that bubu this. undecided
What will bubu do? Since he hasn't agreed to sign with the imf what has it changed in Nigeria? .whether u like it or not, Nigeria is the worst country in the world and the worst place to do business...
A country where u don't have power and good road network can never be a good destination for business.

Bubu won't do anything in this country. He's an illiterate!
[/size]

hehe..what do u expect wen theres a nepa bill degree holding greatgrandpapa cattle rearer @ da driver's seat? His zombies will soon attribute this to da handiwork of gej or ipob or igbos...
Split nigeria/land of darkness now..
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 03, 2016
Chimdiebere:
Biggest lie in the history of mankind ! And after saying all these, in reality even Uganda that doesn't have Petroleum can boost their economy with Banana! Ordinary Banana! Get your facts straight before you talk nonsense!

All are lies? Come on now my Chief
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by Greenback: 3:20pm On May 03, 2016
Chimdiebere:

guy sorry buh u dull sha,didnt u see
egunmogaji was only being sarcastic?! Haba,hav'nt u ever heard of reading between lines?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by tottinova: 3:26pm On May 03, 2016
ItzChinnex:
Nigeria One Of World’s Worst Places To Do Business — World Bank

The World Bank Doing Business Report 2016 says Nigeria remains one of the poorest business destinations in the world, improving marginally by just one step from its ranking last year.
Out of 189 countries surveyed, Nigeria moved from 170th position with 43.56 per cent points in 2015 to 169 with 44.69 per cent points.
The World Bank said it was more difficult to do business in Nigeria in 2016 than it was last year. The country equally improved by just one step in 2014 to the previous position last year.

While Nigeria’s ranking for starting business dropped eight places from 131st position in 2015 to 139th; dealing with construction permits remained unchanged at 175th spot as last year.

Getting electricity became more difficult in 2016, as the country fell in ranking from 181st position to 182nd, while registering property improved by four places from 185th to 181st, and getting credit gets is becoming tougher with a seven place drop in ranking from 52nd ranking to 59th.
Other rankings included protecting minority investors, which recorded the highest improvement of 13 steps up the ladder from the 33rd position last year to 20th in the current ranking, with paying taxes, trading across and borders enforcing contracts remaining unchanged at 181st, 182nd and 143rd positions respectively.

In Africa, the best business destinations are Mauritius, ranked at 32nd, Rwanda at 62nd position, Botswana and South Africa at 72nd and 73rd ranking respectively.
Ghana emerged tops from the West African sun-region on 114th position.

Among the 189 countries surveyed, Singapore topped the ranking as the easiest destination for doing business, followed by New Zealand, Denmark, Korea Republic and Hong Kong SA China, with United Kingdom and United States coming closely in that order.
The world’s top 10 economies that implemented at least three reforms during the past year and moved up the rankings scale included Costa Rica, Uganda, Kenya, Cyprus, Mauritania, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Jamaica, Senegal, and Benin.
In the report, the World Bank said developing economies quickened the pace of their business reforms in the last one year to facilitate easier start up and business operation for local investors.
The bulk of the new reforms, the bank said, were aimed at improving the efficiency of regulations, by reducing their cost and complexity, with the largest number of improvements made in the area of starting a business, measured by how long it takes to obtain a permit and its associated processing costs.

World Bank Chief Economist and Senior Vice President, Kaushik Basu, said although modern economies cannot function without regulation, businesses cannot be brought to a standstill through poor and cumbersome regulation.
“The challenge of development is to tread this narrow path by identifying regulations that are good and necessary, and shunning ones that thwart creativity and hamper the functioning of small and medium enterprises,” the report said.

Source : http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/202805-nigeria-one-worlds-worst-places-business-world-bank.html

But our oil is the easiest to steal shebi
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by ItzChinnex(m): 3:31pm On May 03, 2016
Tedassie:

@bolded...same here,maybe it's hightime i grew my cassava farm,afterall it's an annual crop

lmao.. that's indeed is the best option.Operation plant all your food stuffs at your back yardgrin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by favourmic(m): 3:31pm On May 03, 2016
Category1:

What will bubu do? Since he hasn't agreed to sign with the imf what has it changed in Nigeria? .whether u like it or not, Nigeria is the worst country in the world and the worst place to do business...
A country where u don't have power and good road network can never be a good destination for business.

[/size]

If bubu is illiterate then you papa and mama is what? Bad belly weting jona archive?
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by Meritocracy: 3:44pm On May 03, 2016
Category1:

[/size]
Who is illiterate between Doctor who carry approved billion naira verbally and Bubu who apply wisdom with little education.
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by bezimo(m): 3:57pm On May 03, 2016
There is no explanation needed for this unsavoury news.

The reason is obvious except to the folks described as zombie which is the change in leadership of the country to a daft leader described by many as dullar..... who lacks the capacity to unite the country but rather he takes ill conceived decisions thus setting Nigeria economy on the path of retrogression.This is valid because the indices are there for all to see.

I was indifferent when Buhari took over but wished him well and did hope that he would take decisions to unite Nigerians and accelerate the economy to the path of progress but he is clearly doing the opposite.

Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by ItzChinnex(m): 3:59pm On May 03, 2016
This is really bad. Buhari do something oh.
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by mutvy: 4:05pm On May 03, 2016
They offer Nigeria a loan and we turned down their request, the next thing is to expect blackmailing from them. I am not surprised because I have been expecting this.
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by ItzChinnex(m): 4:34pm On May 03, 2016
mutvy:
They offer Nigeria a loan and we turned down their request, the next thing is to expect blackmailing from them. I am not surprised because I have been expecting this.

I Dont think that this is a black mail..
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by Remii(m): 4:58pm On May 03, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Courtesy of PMD, all hail to the Dullard. His wonders is appalling
read the report, PMB actually moved it up one position, lol
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by ItzChinnex(m): 5:30pm On May 03, 2016
Remii:
read the report, PMB actually moved it up one position, lol
lol. if I hear
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by jamesbond22(m): 5:31pm On May 03, 2016
I believe in prayer and patience
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by tammie24: 5:33pm On May 03, 2016
DankemzI:
Kudos to GEJ and His Team NOI

For making Nigerians know their Worth!

Thanks to Tinubu and the West for taking Nigerians back to 20AD

He was clueless, He was corrupt, He was this, He was that.

But

HE WAS THE BEST

Nigerians wanted change and Tinubu TBillz Them
now that's EPIC!
Re: Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank by ijija: 5:35pm On May 03, 2016
A COUNTRY WHERE YOU PAY TAX TO THE GOVERNMENT AND STILL FACEUNENDING EXTORTION FROM THE TAX OFFICERS. TGEY KEEP THREATENING AND THREATENING WITH COURT. IF YOU DONT SETTLE THEM, THEY WASTE YOUR TIME WITH ENDLESS INVITES AND CHECKS. IT IS VERY SAD. I WISH I COUKD MOVE MY BUSINESS TO ANOTHER COUNTRY. TGE TORTURE HERE IS SO TERRIBLE. IT IS BAD ENOUGH WE PAY TAX YET PROVIDE FOR AA INFRASTRUCTURE AND EVEN SETTLE COMMUNITY TO AVOUD KIDNAP AND DIUSRUPTION OF ACTIVITIES. SO IMAGINE THE FRUSTRATION WHEN YOU FINISH DASHING POLITICIANS TAX THEN SOME CIUVIL SERVANT WANTS TO TAKE HIS OWN. SAD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Can You Do To Make Money? / Woman Saves One Million Naira In Piggy Bank / 10 Small Business Ideas For Big Cities And Towns In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.