Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion (76178 Views)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Go Down)

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by endtimesblog: 3:02pm On May 03, 2016
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

We are thinking of completely banning the promotion of forex trading and sports betting on Nairaland.

Forex day-trading and sports betting are fundamentally fraudulent because they're promoted as a quick way of making money whereas due to mathematical facts, the only people who make money are the middlemen and marketers. The "investors" almost always lose their money.

In our experience, it's not enough to warn Nairaland members about the dangers of forex day-trading and sports betting. The promise of quick profit is just too much for thousands of vulnerable Nairaland members to resist. The only way to protect them is complete censorship.

We believe that the complete ban of such content will make Nairaland a better platform for discussing legitimate entrepreneurship and finance.

What do you think? Please click 'like' if you like the idea; thanks.

mr seun kindly look into this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3083606/experience-after-google-adsense-ban#45273496

please we need to fight scammer on nairaland...
Please kindly move this to frontpage
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by iyobs7(f): 3:02pm On May 03, 2016
Focus more on the topics that makes frontpage, most times I am made to believe that you do not check the frontpage and if the topics are okay with you then something must be wrong somewhere.

6 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by redsconsult(m): 3:02pm On May 03, 2016
You need to note that every biz has their own challenges and banning them from nairaland is not banning them from the streets where they are being played.
Betting is a legitimate biz in Nigeria, it has come to stay, it has created so much employment for the youth and mostly create a platform to engage tge youth and alao provides avenue to earn from bets.

My candid advice is to allow status quo . And can regulate them by giving them a special section on nairaland where they can exist on their own and not polute other sections
I just want to make common sense

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Jacko1(m): 3:03pm On May 03, 2016
Hmmm

Hmmm

Hmmmm

Sha never knew forex was speculative as well.... Thot it was a sure thing....

Ban gnld sef edmark and body slimming products
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by nwaanambra1(m): 3:03pm On May 03, 2016
oga seun u r really guided by the gods of our land! grin

ban the effing scammers and sensor any word remotely close to fo... not to talk of forex! and anything be... not to talk of betting! cheesy

your forum will live as long as the sun - and multiply like the sands by the sea shore! it will not die! undecided

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by haibe(m): 3:03pm On May 03, 2016
If you are banning Forex, you should also ban any talk on buying shares in order for it to be held for trading (capitalising on the fair value gains on the shares), and many other investments as such.

The truth is that if you ban these investment talks, investors out there will never stop investing on them. Certain people are risk lovers who don't mind losing their heavy stakes, the risk neutrals will simply invest what they can lose, while the risk averse will never invest into such. So basically your banning of these investment discussions on nairaland would not change anything, the risk takers will still take the risks, bet their heavy resources with the hope of a handsome return, there are already thousands of groups on whatsapp, so they will continue, it's their nature and it's normal.

If you are to ban any investment talks here, it should be the scam investments, not the once that are obviously 'not scam'... for example, any investment that promises a return for an investment but doesn't deliver is scam, such investments should be reviewed to discover if they are legit, if they are not legit ban them.. for example ban the investments that operate using the Ponzi Schemes..etc.. but leave the legit once to keep on operating, and if you will go ahead to ban the legit once, let it be known to you that you are doing that based on your personal moral principle and not because you really care about the investors (because some of these investments have saved lots of investors from their state of insolvency). However I will still say it, DON'T SHOVE YOUR PERSONAL BELIEF ON PEOPLE'S THROAT.

8 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by ify84(m): 3:03pm On May 03, 2016
PLEASE, BAN SUPPORTED

Also ban penis enlargement group, and ban 'last longer' in bed crew....

2 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by 2sexycom(m): 3:03pm On May 03, 2016
Seun, Nairaland is your property but don't people have rights to what they decide to do with their money or life?

The problem isn't forex but the mindset of people who wish to delve into it, by means of making quick cash out of it.

Forex is like going to school and there are principles guiding such arena which my do not follow.

Any, I think those who have been the backbone of forex should start creating whatsapp groups to carry on with helping interested persons.

Forex like everything in life is a risk... every damn thing in this world is a risk. Therefore that shouldn't be used as a way to discourage others. it's no fault of anyone if participant decide to be greedy by cutting corners or trying to jump the gun.

5 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 03, 2016
macphilip:
If you ban forex and sports bet on nairaland,
can you also ban it out of Nigeria.

If your Family member is working for a Forex broker or Sports bet Company,
Would you ask him/her to resign because you hate Forex or sport betting?
This is a sponsored post... quote me anywhere....
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by GogetterMD(m): 3:03pm On May 03, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Good idea Mr. Nairaland founder, People could be scammed through that Forex trading. But if you ban sport betting, Guys go vex o grin, Some guys can't just do without that.
And how many of those who can't do without it have actually won something from it?
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 03, 2016
Rexphobia:
Dear Seun,

I think you have a long list of things to ban

1. Snake threads
2. Tiwa and Tbillz threads
3. Olosho threads
4. Tonto Dike threads
5. Ponzi Schemes

The list is endless. I believe we are adults here and can make rational decisions, so take note.

Regards,

Concerned NLer

Your topics make more sense, you should read my reply to him.
This is a misleading post by Seun.
Has he curbed the tribal hate and religious hate posts or topic that nairaland encourages??
He is here telling us of betting and forex??
WTF?!!
Who is he fooling ? *smh***

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by cr7lomo: 3:04pm On May 03, 2016
I agree. With seun... The first time I decided to try sport bet due to predictions on nairaland, I lost my stake of 50k... A lot of vulnerable people loose alot, especially those that don't know much bout games... Mayb its the betting companies that pay them to make people loose money

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by palsenator(m): 3:04pm On May 03, 2016
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

We are thinking of completely banning the promotion of forex trading and sports betting on Nairaland.

Forex day-trading and sports betting are fundamentally fraudulent because they're promoted as a quick way of making money whereas due to mathematical facts, the only people who make money are the middlemen and marketers. The "investors" almost always lose their money.

In our experience, it's not enough to warn Nairaland members about the dangers of forex day-trading and sports betting. The promise of quick profit is just too much for thousands of vulnerable Nairaland members to resist. The only way to protect them is complete censorship.

We believe that the complete ban of such content will make Nairaland a better platform for discussing legitimate entrepreneurship and finance.

What do you think? Please click like if you support the idea.
Good day admin, am a forex trader , full time trader and I have never advertised what I do in your platform. The truth is that one can genuinely make money from Forex trading but ONLY few are that lucky. I won't say you should totally ban forex trading ,I don't know about sport but rather , if anyone needs to post anything about forex,you can go to the extent of verifying them with proof. That several people have been scammed does not mean no one has been positively touched or affected. I am the admin of itradeforex group on Facebook and I am a full time trader with consistent profit but truth be told, many traders are scammers. To cut my story short, I would suggest you verify members who may want to post anything related to forex on your platform not the total ban. Do you want to say there are no other avenue through which people have been scammed here aside forex? Obviously No. Please censor it but do not ban it outrightly. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by godchildjayboy(m): 3:04pm On May 03, 2016
I have spend almost up to 40k to 60k in between of my savings on sport bet for the period of this year and I only won 19k once since then nothing. Thank God for opening my eyes because it was addiction to me. but I have stop playing it since last month. Its not encouraging at all. Thank you Seun for opening this on air.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Parishpriest: 3:05pm On May 03, 2016
Seun, always bear in mind that, you are dealing with adults. You don't have to ban it, rather, you inform people of the dangers inherent in them. In essence, advisory role would be perfect. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 03, 2016

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by ybalogs(m): 3:05pm On May 03, 2016
These are risky but completely legit biz so I see no reasons why it should be banned. Loosing your money is completely up to you so it shouldn't really concern those watching the risk takers.
If threads are to be banned, then all these celebrity gists should come first because they add no value whatsoever to the readers. All it does is Making Nairalanders amebos.
All in all you've got to see how people take these things and make your decision. Cheers.

5 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by MisterGrace: 3:06pm On May 03, 2016
Sweetcollins:
But y...many people dey use am hammer na

How many people?

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by cr7lomo: 3:07pm On May 03, 2016
Again...,u hardly get sports news or debates on nairaland because 85% of the posts on sports section is only about betting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by gbens2000(m): 3:07pm On May 03, 2016
tosyne2much:
Oga Seun, abeg play these games.. Na today and 2moro matches cheesy

Just stake am N200 cheesy

B945CS
which tyme the first game go start?
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by johndwayy(m): 3:07pm On May 03, 2016
This would be an unwise decision to make. I believe anyone involved in such business should be fully aware of the dangers, it's not proper to force your opinion on people.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 03, 2016
Rexphobia:
Dear Seun,

I think you have a long list of things to ban

1. Snake threads
2. Tiwa and Tbillz threads
3. Olosho threads
4. Tonto Dike threads
5. Ponzi Schemes

The list is endless. I believe we are adults here and can make rational decisions, so take note.

Regards,

Concerned NLer

7. anything linda, anytime I see the name my screen starts to smell of fish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by stagger: 3:07pm On May 03, 2016
Truth234:

You think foreign exchange is not a legitimate business?

This has nothing to do with legitimacy. But open the Business thread and look at the whole thread from A-Z. We know what the business section was like before. Now it is a complete mess. I hardly even look at two posts there before I switch off and do something else. The average time I spend on Nairaland has dropped dramatically because of the eyesore that the place has become. Frankly some level of sanity has to be put in place and this ban is long overdue.

With time, it will be possible to revisit the ban and know what can be allowed or disallowed within the forex or sports betting niches. The level of abuse is unbelievable.

4 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by blank(f): 3:07pm On May 03, 2016
Don't ban sport betting, ban those people that sell "fixed matches" because it is illegal.

Last i heard, sports betting is a legitimate business. I think a Nairalander is also a very popular owner of a sports betting company.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by blaquemyc: 3:08pm On May 03, 2016
dont8:
It's a right decision at the right time, betting to me is an addicted evil that has damaged the psyche of average Nigerian youths and which drastic step has to be taken, it starts now!
and you think banning sports betting on nl will stop pple from betting? There are hundreds of online fora for sport betting, it's not exclusive to nairaland. So let it be. I believe that whoever engages in sport betting is old enough to handle whatever comes with it, be it profit or loss
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by 0955eb027(m): 3:09pm On May 03, 2016
And how is that anyone's problem? Sports betting and forex trading aint fraudulent activities, they are legal means of making money. Every business has its risk, though the aforementioned might be on the high, the individuals taking part in it should be left to take that decision. Nigerians and their way of tagging someone as an unbeliever cos you dont believe in what they believe in.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Sanchez01: 3:10pm On May 03, 2016
In as much as I care less about Sport betting, it would be a wrong move to ban it. Those who engage in it know what they're up against. You giving reasons why it should be banned is just like saying Nairaland is planning on banning people who does not believe in God because they will run others down with their ideology. If anyone lose on sports bet, they will not cry to Nairaland. Just like someone asserted, those who engage in are accountable enough. Why ban something that is legal in the first place?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by emorse(m): 3:10pm On May 03, 2016
Businessideas:
I think ban won't work. Your competitors will just provide them a platform and continue to use the nairaland platform to recruit them.
I think, effort should be made to insist that they carry warning.
Lottery is a legal business and you are protected by the law if you permit it especially with the warning and other criteria you don't need to declare in order to keep away charlatans.

GBAM!
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by InvertedHammer: 3:10pm On May 03, 2016
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

What do you think? Please click 'like' if you like the idea; thanks.
/
If you must, ban advertising them but not discussions on forex/sports betting, both of which are equally risky.

Nairaland is neither a broker not a trading platform as such is not liable for any financial mishap that befalls any player. With no liabilities on nairaland, there is no good reason(s) to ban discussions on them.

Just like in Islamic thread, you can do what other platforms do -- they put out risk warnings and disclaimers.
\

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by babadee1(m): 3:11pm On May 03, 2016
No need to ban those activities as long as it's not illegal, the warnings should be enough. There's no way to protect a person determined to lose money from his own foolishness. I just hope the people doing these businesses on nairaland are paying for the privilege to do so cos there's no free lunch anywhere.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29)

Subomi Balogun Arrives At Ojude Oba In Rolls-Royce Phantom / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.