Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling (43614 Views)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Alexas58: 12:22am On May 04, 2016
8 Reasons why you need to stop sport betting and gambling:

1) Emotional depression and anger
people who are core gamblers are often found to be emotionally depressed when they lose a huge sum of money,and they are always angry when they remember the amount of money they have lost and the meaningful things they could have done with their money,they become depressed again..like my guy tosyne2much anytime his slip cuts he will start fuming and quareling pple up and down.

2) They are never sucessful
i have never seen a man who gambles and is sucessful in life,Gamblers are never sucessful instead the money that they are meant to use to invest into their business.they will use it and go and play bet9ja and loose and come and start wailing.

3) They are always indebted
when they have exhausted the money within their position as a result of loosing massively,they go into borrowing and most times they use their personal belongings as collateral,i have seen where a man staked his wifes pot of soup to gamble and he lost it at the spot.

4) They resort to stealing
when noone agrees to borrow them money again to fufil their gambling desires,cos of the debt they have incured upon themselves,they resort into stealing stuffs so they can sell and get money to gamble.

5) Lying
all gamblers are liers,they can coook up lies to their parents,bosses and even bosses as to avoid questioning on how they spent the money that was given to them.

6) Deteriorates your physical health
If you have been gambling on a regular basis your physical health is at stake. People who gamble impulsively start neglecting their health. Additionally, the stress of the gambling obsession can even cause stress on your heart, particularly after shocking monetary losses. The emotional fall can in fact have an effect on your physical body in negative ways.

7) Losing friends
You might be wondering how this habit of yours will make you lose friends. Well, if you are in a habit of gambling then it is more likely that if not today maybe later you’ll borrow money from them. Chances are you’ll not be able to pay them in time due to frequent losses. This will really cause strain in your relations. In addition, your addiction will make you ignore your friends as you will be preoccupied with gambling. You may then even miss social outings and some very important events.

8} It makes you lose your aim and vision in life
When your life is all about gambling and just gambling, it then becomes your primary activity. All of your vigor, motivation, energy and inspiration are only gambling related and you tend to lose focus on the main aspects of your life. If you have any special talents or hobbies, it is most likely that these hobbies will not be given priority and you’ll choose to ignore them

at these point leme draw the curtain... Seun food don done

121 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Lasveg(m): 1:36am On May 04, 2016
Op ur very correct. I once lost my school fees thru betting and had to withdraw my admission for one session. Since then, i've never gone back to betting.

----Modified: Dont fall 4 d peeps below claiming dey hav been successful thru sport betting, dats a big lie. U can never be successful thru betting. Punters will never tell u wen dey lost huge amount, but will be very quick to announce to everybody wen dey win. Once i won 27k and went to skul to tell all my friends and dey were hailing me. But when i lost my school fees: 62k, i told no one.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by servicegiver: 5:26am On May 04, 2016
Besides, once you become addicted, you become useless to self, family and society! Please don't comtemplate going into betting and if you are, ask God to take it off your mind and be determined to stop it.

Look for an alternative, but genuine, reliable and Godline means of generating Passive income...this is your only guranteed means of becoming wealthy and happy in life!

Cheers!

24 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by tosyne2much(m): 7:00am On May 04, 2016
Spot on OP... I'm coming

9. You Become a Wailer

When you lose a huge sum of money you ought to have used for other productive and profitable things, remorse sets in... You will start wailing like PDP tyrants on nairaland, hence, venting your anger at any slight provocation on those who weren't even there when you were perming your matches

No matter how much we embellish football betting it will never change the fact that it's not a good thing for a man with prospects.

Even if there's need to bet, moderation is the key

May God deliver WE youths from this addiction.. #nobody holy pass#

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Nobody: 7:06am On May 04, 2016
undecided undecided Because Seun and lalasticlala wan ban bet now abi

kwontinuo.

Bet9ja must pay me N3M

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Nobody: 7:10am On May 04, 2016
tosyne2much:
Spot on OP... I'm coming cool
make I follow u grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Mediapace: 7:11am On May 04, 2016
Let me take my breakfast i dey come
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by kinglekan: 7:59am On May 04, 2016

Una wan wreck business for some pipu cheesy cheesy

Anyways thank God we now have masquerade dressing jobs to fall back on. grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Omotayor123(f): 9:35am On May 04, 2016
On point OP.
And at the End they Feel useless and used.
Letz say NO to Gambling, there are better things you can spend your time and money on.

Be an Enterpreneur!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by fflamingo(m): 10:47am On May 04, 2016
mumu talk, why don't you just stake for fun, rather staking to make millions overnight.
just what you can afford to lose, nothing more nothing less...
I play bet with fun, it is what I can afford to lose without constipation, if I win, I don't double my stake.
The only dangerous thing to me is checking live score every minutes, I only check my history BET WON, fine; Bet is placed and match has finish then garri don pass water...

and the worrisome thing is playing fast money virtual, that is not fun and should be banned outright and I have never seen some body post virtual tips here

in the meantime Madrid machester BTTS NO

grin grin

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Alexas58: 11:45am On May 04, 2016
Lasveg:
Op ur very correct. I once lost my school fees thru betting and had to withdraw my admission for one session. Since then, i've never gone back to betting.
sorry bro,tho u learnt thru the hard way
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Alexas58: 11:51am On May 04, 2016
kinglekan:

Una wan wreck business for some pipu cheesy cheesy

Anyways thank God we now have masquerade dressing jobs to fall back on. grin

members of lair mohammed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Akposkool(m): 12:18pm On May 04, 2016
fflamingo:
mumu talk, why don't you just stake for fun, rather staking to make millions overnight.
I play bet with fun, it is what I can afford to lose without constipation, if I win, I don't double my stake.
The only dangerous thing to me is checking live score every minutes, I only check my history BET WON, fine; Bet is placed and match has finish then garri don pass water...

and the worrisome thing is playing fast money virtual, that is not fun and should be banned outright and I have never seen some body post virtual tips here

grin grin
stake for fun? Are you serious. Except you don't get your money through hardwork. There is no such thing as staking for fun. Every one that bets does so to earn more money.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by fflamingo(m): 1:07pm On May 04, 2016
Akposkool:
stake for fun? Are you serious. Except you don't get your money through hardwork. There is no such thing as staking for fun. Every one that bets does so to earn more money.
it is fun to me sha, I accumulate one week game on a slip, staking 200 and most time payout is about 150k, I've been betting since mid 2015 have only won thrice and all three payout were about 150k., when I won my first bet I attempted playing above what I can afford to lose, 1k,5k etc, when I lost those heavy stake I experienced what the op listed above. which isn't fun.

15 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Akposkool(m): 1:10pm On May 04, 2016
fflamingo:
it is fun to me sha, I accumulate one week game on a slip, staking 200 and most time payout is about 150k, I've been betting since mid 2015 have only won thrice and all three payout were about 150k., when I won my first bet I attempted playing above what I can afford to lose, 1k,5k etc, when I lost those heavy stake I experienced what the op listed above. which isn't fun.
well I respect your opinion but I know at the corner of your mind you wish to win big..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by hopewealth: 1:16pm On May 04, 2016
I did not support your view on this because when you do sport trading you tend to make it than sport betting which lead to all what you said and which I would discourage someone from doing
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by cr80vity(m): 2:01pm On May 04, 2016
somehow...I see ds bettin tin as indecency

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 04, 2016
OP you are a big hypocrite!

Same nigga that I have seen on the sexuality section on countless occassions, is the one spewing this thrash undecided

Condemning sport betting in it's entirety will amount to pouring the bathe water away with the baby. There are fundamental rules which one must adhere strictly to in sports betting, lest he becomes bankrupted and addicted. For the avoidance of any doubt, betting isn't bad in it self, it is the addiction that makes it a bad venture.

People who view betting as a means of getting rich, like the dude up there who brillantly donated his school fees to Pa Alabi Foundation, are the ones who very often than not, end up experiencing all the OP highlighted in his post.

Similar argument can be put forward in defence of the sexuality section. It isn't bad visiting that section, but the moment you get addicted to visiting there, the vaseline ministry will welcome you with much ease.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by IamChuks(m): 4:32pm On May 04, 2016
fflamingo:

grin grin
The OP should wait first... Is like this dude gat tips... Did u say Madrid vs mancity bts No?? Or more tips piko

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Alexas58: 11:21pm On May 04, 2016
hammer2010:
OP you are a big hypocrite!

Same nigga that I have seen on the sexuality section on countless occassions, is the one spewing this thrash undecided

Condemning sport betting in it's entirety will amount to pouring the bathe water away with the baby. There are fundamental rules which one must adhere strictly to in sports betting, lest he becomes bankrupted and addicted. For the avoidance of any doubt, betting isn't bad in it self, it is the addiction that makes it a bad venture.

People who view betting as a means of getting rich, like the dude up there who brillantly donated his school fees to Pa Alabi Foundation, are the ones who very often than not, end up experiencing all the OP highlighted in his post.

Similar argument can be put forward in defence of the sexuality section. It isn't bad visiting that section, but the moment you get addicted to visiting there, the vaseline ministry will welcome you with much ease.
abeg if am saying the truth hit like,and if am a hypocrite share...wah has sexuality got to do with dese??...only warning pple against the dangers encountered when sm1ne bcomes an addict... Seun
lalasticlala help me move to fp,to save some souls

9 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by tosyne2much(m): 7:13am On May 05, 2016
Lasveg:
Seriously? shocked
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by tosyne2much(m): 7:14am On May 05, 2016
servicegiver:
Besides, once you become addicted, you become useless to self, family and society! Please don't comtemplate going into betting and if you are, ask God to take it off your mind and be determined to stop it.

Look for an alternative, but genuine, reliable and Godline means of generating Passive income...this is your only guranteed means of becoming wealthy and happy in life!

Cheers!
Nice one bros
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by I8id(m): 8:27am On May 05, 2016
fflamingo:

grin grin
BET WON

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Wadasco(m): 10:50am On May 05, 2016
right path...

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Mimienudles(f): 10:51am On May 05, 2016
Very true. I know of a guy who treks to bet every morning, even if it means using his last kobo but he has never won and isn't planning to stop, very bad

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Michellla(f): 10:51am On May 05, 2016
try telling that to those touts grin

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Yeenkeaz: 10:52am On May 05, 2016
on point analysis
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by gbadexy(m): 10:53am On May 05, 2016
An acquaintance lost a job to sport bet.
Dude was unfortunate to win once and thought to himself he could make more money from it than his job.
He ended up using the money his boss sent him to collect on a seemingly sure game.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by MrCounselor: 10:53am On May 05, 2016
All your points are shitty except depression claim,
and that is for the faint at heart.

If you are gonna do eg Sports betting,
Do it sensibly and accept that your stake is gone
already, if you now win it shocked shocked shocked shocked, you can feel cool cool cool cool and celebrate wink wink cheesy cheesy grin grin .....
[size=16pt]Now, That is What is called Gambling[/size]. lol

Abeg, check my signature to see how to do it sensibly and safely.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by omanifrank(m): 10:54am On May 05, 2016
my sure 2 odds always win every day

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by toluine56(m): 10:55am On May 05, 2016
Oga Seun sponsored post.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! / Female Facebook Queen Narrates How She Rejected An Offer But Ended Up Buying It / Angry Mob Invades Shoprite In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.