Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement (35216 Views)

#PrayForNigeria Trends On Twitter After "Mysterious Snake Swallowed N36m In JAMB / Reno Tweet On Lai Mohammed Trending Online / Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by pimpo: 9:42am On May 04, 2016
Ferdinandu:
The kind of mentality Nigerians have will never move this country foward. Instead of seeing people thinking about how possible what he said is , they are all spewing trash just to be relevant.
Masquerades is inherent part of our culture.
It is so popular that During festive season in the East, No other events attracts crowds more than Masquerade festival. Every home that is usually filled with people during festive period is empty because everyone has gone to watch masquerades.
There is no way the potential of our tourism will be exhaustively tapped without masquerades.
It is all about how do we package it to the world.
Egypt has 12% of their workforce in Tourism
Tunisia has about 8%
Lai Muhammad is the Minister of Culture and Tourism and people are laughing because he was making suggestion on how to generate employment through Tourism.
Nigeria is just full of Ignorants

Yes, ignorant people like yourself. We are speaking about gainful employment here not a seasonal attraction that currently is mostly free already. How does that generate revenue to pay "dressers"?
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by Ferdinandu(m): 9:42am On May 04, 2016
HirstMOG:

you are the best definition of zombie!!!
I think being a Zombie is far more better for me than being a Vessel of knowledge and wisdom the way you are
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:42am On May 04, 2016
Ferdinandu:
The kind of mentality Nigerians have will never move this country foward. Instead of seeing people thinking about how possible what he said is , they are all spewing trash just to be relevant.
Masquerades is inherent part of our culture.
It is so popular that During festive season in the East, No other events attracts crowds more than Masquerade festival. Every home that is usually filled with people during festive period is empty because everyone has gone to watch masquerades.
There is no way the potential of our tourism will be exhaustively tapped without masquerades.
It is all about how do we package it to the world.
Egypt has 12% of their workforce in Tourism
Tunisia has about 8%
Lai Muhammad is the Minister of Culture and Tourism and people are laughing because he was making suggestion on how to generate employment through Tourism.
Nigeria is just full of Ignorants
It's unfortunate most youths are educated illiterates. What Lai Muhammed is talking about is the potentials in tourism and some of our cultural practices. Around 2007 or 2008, OAU, Ile-Ife organized a festival with the theme, "Masks, Masquerades and Marionettes". The festival attracted tourists from different parts of the world who came to see masquerades. It's during this event that I got to know that, even with the widespread of Islam, North African countries have masquerades.

1 Like

Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by TBankxx(m): 9:45am On May 04, 2016
Lying tongue tongue Mohammed!!
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by frainc(m): 9:45am On May 04, 2016
Now I see reason why Babangida overthrown Buhari then
How can you(Buhari) pick a senseless talkative as a minister of information
That really show that Buhari also has nothing to offer

So the best job Buhari can create is dressing up a masquerade
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by tatucci: 9:45am On May 04, 2016
Goddex:
[size=13pt]Why is Buhari keeping this liar in his cabinet?[/size]

me sef coman taya
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:46am On May 04, 2016
tommykiwi:
What truth? How much will such job fetch a married man with kids to take care of.
How much would sitting at home, waiting for a job that doesn't exist fetch the same person? Festivals involving the dragon masquerades attract tourists to China.
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by deolu2000(m): 9:46am On May 04, 2016
Somebody should please give Lai mohammed two medals,one for being a cronic and unrepentant lier and the second in case he loses the first one.
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by Ferdinandu(m): 9:51am On May 04, 2016
pimpo:

Yes, ignorant people like yourself. We are speaking about gainful employment here not a seasonal attraction that currently is mostly free already. How does that generate revenue to pay "dressers"?
It is this kind of your mentality that will make you not to be gainfully employed for life.
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by amazingspiderma: 9:54am On May 04, 2016
So this is the product of PMB's 8 months brain storming session for ministers.

This is a disaster........This means thinking without involving ones brain.

Now my eyes have seen the confirmed clueless ones.
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by dikeigbo2(m): 9:54am On May 04, 2016
darkenkach:
But he is saying the truth. Let's use the Chinese as a case study.

What is this one saying, have you been to China before?and you think masquerades adorns every corner of the streets there grin just bring it down to your local village and make that your so called case study there OK,
Assemble all your kinsmen, relations, relatives and friends and case study masquerades with them.
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by csamii: 9:55am On May 04, 2016
deking:
Most Nigerians do not have a full of deep understanding of things they try to criticize in governance. All that one needs to do most times to understand what is being suggested is to ask few questions;

1. Who made the statement? Minister for Information, CULTURE AND TOURISM.
2. What was he trying to project? CULTURE and TOURISM has the potential to create employment.

Employment is not necessarily a white collar job. He has not said the job will be for everyone. Most Nigerians celebrate the Calabar festival as a feat but are failing to understand the subtle idea in what was being projected by the minister.

Let us learn to debate issues without resulting to abusing each other. This is the way to change our society.

OK. Now do this, read what you wrote, have a deep conversation with yourself and answer this questions.
1. How can dressing and undressing of masquerades boost Nigeria economy?
2. How many people will be employed and stay employed?
3. Will it pay well enough to take care of a family?
4. If it such a lucrative option, where and why are his children not pace setters?

Before you start telling me about how his portfolio includes tourism and culture also know information is among.
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by eddyslim(m): 9:59am On May 04, 2016
Lie Lie Mohammed. We are watching you and the dull*ard
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by iamdstar(m): 10:02am On May 04, 2016
most ppl voted against GEJ saying he was clueless but honestly GEJ na learner compared to the clueless level of PMB or how can someone who has the wellbeing of this nation in mind appoint Ogbeni LIAR MOHAMMED into his cabinet.

PMB --- Clueless n Dullard
LIE MOHAMMED --- A professional clown
APC SUPPORTERS --- Numbskulls
NIGERIANS --- ONE CHANCE victims

May we survive the accident of a party
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by nkemjacob2(m): 10:13am On May 04, 2016
He is making sense just that he did not phrase his speech contructively, every countries make use of what they have make their culture and tourism attractive, we try as much modernising it, it will bring more jobs
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by agitator: 10:26am On May 04, 2016
Yomieluv:
making masquerade to be relevant,APC is a demonic party.

shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by ENDTIMELIFE: 10:39am On May 04, 2016
According to Liar Mohamed Nigerian youths should start making Money on Dressing Masquerades grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by frisky2good(m): 10:41am On May 04, 2016
If it takes 100 people to dress the masquerade then "another" 100 to UnCloth him, what happened to the original 100 people that dressed the masquerade? The masquerade go chop them?
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by Kaira333: 10:44am On May 04, 2016
I wish you what u wish Nigerian youths. Anuofia
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by SIRJENTLE: 10:47am On May 04, 2016
WE ARE NOT TALKING OF GAINFULLY ENGAGING OUR YOUTHS WHO COULD BE PRODUCTIVE MENTALLY ,PHYSICALLY AND OTHERWISE.
this is what you get when u give and old man food meant for youths.

CHANGE HAS COME and some people could still be waiting for change.

all we need is to throw out these old men who swore that this country can not progress
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by navyhector(m): 10:48am On May 04, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:

WHY CAN YOU NOT VOTE??

Armed forces act cap a20

1 Like

Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by Misterdhee1(m): 10:59am On May 04, 2016
Mrpoker:

Sometimes I do ask my self, what is apc giving to it supporters and members??

Bros abeg, igo fit do the work?
Let me not talk about yusuf buhari, Atiku and Tinubu sons.
They are educated.. The jobs he described are majorly for jobless youths without certificates..Isn't it better than, for them to be smoking nd constituting nuisance? You guys need to chill sometimes nd think!
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by pimpo: 11:08am On May 04, 2016
Ferdinandu:
It is this kind of your mentality that will make you not to be gainfully employed for life.

I'm quite sure you are speaking about yourself. Looking at your photo, I now understand your position; you look just like a masquerade!
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by Nobody: 11:11am On May 04, 2016
jmichlins:
This man is the biggest disgrace in this administration. I just want to know how many of his kids have being initiated into his village masquerade cult and what is their salary structure like. 2019 loading will take a decision then

You aired my opinion brov wink
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by 1miccza: 11:25am On May 04, 2016
permsec:
Them don get us walahi! WhO takes pride in dressing ojuju calabar? Bunch of mediocres. I'll not be suprised if this present administration considers bet9ja as youth empowerment programme.

Person go begin see things like m3cq7z for NTA news..... Bet9ja code

Kikikikikikikikikiki Una go kee pesin for Nl ooo
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by yaki84: 11:25am On May 04, 2016
darkenkach:

hv never seen my igbo brothers import made in china masquerades down to nigeria.

abi na masquerade we dey import from china?
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by 1miccza: 11:28am On May 04, 2016
Misterdhee1:

They are educated.. The jobs he described are majorly for jobless youths without certificates..Isn't it better than, for them to be smoking nd constituting nuisance? You guys need to chill sometimes nd think!

And he couldn't even think of something meaningful for the uneducated than dressing masquerades.. Has it ever occured to you that some uneducated ones are doing so well than the educated ones today?? Did they dress masquerades for a living?? If this is how you think.. You need factory resetting..
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by Ferdinandu(m): 11:33am On May 04, 2016
pimpo:

I'm quite sure you are speaking about yourself. Looking at your photo, I now understand your position; you look just like a masquerade!
Ugly Bingo why are you hiding your face? If you are proud of your looks post your DP.
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by Dmano: 11:46am On May 04, 2016
Yesterday they said we should have not known star if not for their darkness but 2day we should dressed masqurade,nigeria why?

1 Like

Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by Emassive(m): 12:50pm On May 04, 2016
darkenkach:

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? How much do you think it cost to dress a masquerade and how much will 1000men get. I hope you are not a dullard from daura.
Zombie/Cow Alert!!!
Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by bilazego(m): 1:17pm On May 04, 2016
onatisi:

I never shared this thought but I must agree that you are absolutely right and correct. Lai Mohammed is a big disgrace to the office he occupies and his skills and talent lies in lying and propaganda not in disseminating valuable,sensible and intelligent information

Is he not a lawyer? Ability to lie, their biggest asset!

1 Like

Re: Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement by Leke001: 1:17pm On May 04, 2016
chinnyness122:
kikikikiki....i laugh in Swahili

kakakakakaka....i laugh in German

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Presidential Primaries: Umar Ganduje Spotted On Queue To Cast His Vote / PDP Reacts To Buhari’s Performance During Live Interview On The Candidates / The Second Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.