Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria (3740 Views)

Poll: Are you satisfied with the voter registration

Satisfied: 2% (1 vote)
Unsatisfied: 83% (30 votes)
Indifferent: 13% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

INEC Set For Early Voter Registration – Jega / Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn / INEC Voter Registration: Eyewitness Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Jaybaba(m): 2:54pm On Nov 17, 2006
Voter Registration has not begun.
What is happening OBJ, Maurice Iwu and INEC?
Wetin dey happen o?

I hear it has begun very slowly in some areas but I have not seen a registration centre in all the areas I drove to or around. I am a very mobile person reaching very far places in Lagos daily yet I am yet to come across a place where voter registration is on.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by otokx(m): 6:15pm On Nov 17, 2006
this is the greatest government magic in recent times, everywhere in Nigeria the e-voting machines are in short supply and only few goverment officials have been registered.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Danoe(m): 7:48pm On Nov 17, 2006
The Voters Re-validation exercise this time around is rather not very impressive. I want to say that like in Akwa Ibom State up till now so many local government area have not yet started the exercise and I wonder how the exercise will be successful at the closing date.

I want to Inform the INEC to focus much attention on the south south region of the country.

I also like to educate us to support the voters education program towards credible elections.

Danoe
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by NSNA: 9:38pm On Nov 17, 2006
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by beelyjay45(m): 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2006
Dont you guys get it obj is going to stay beyond may 29th, look am presently doing my youth service in Bauchi and am working for INEC, they ordered for over a thousand voting machines in Bauchi but they got only 22 voting machines and out of the 22, 10 are not working, so we have 10 left which is not enough for bauchi town itself not to talk of the other 19Lgs under bauchi state so please can someone tell me when this exercise is going to end and xmas and sallah is around the corner everybody is going on break. Give or take 2wks for all the festive celebration, so when are we going to end the voters registration and when is election going to start
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Jaybaba(m): 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2006
Ever since IBB bought PDP form, it became obvious that we may never have democracy again unless something is done about it. The billions INEC received is not really showing face. INEC must begin to show signs of concern to bring democracy to a lasting culture.

When INEC discovered logistic problems, it should have brought back the manual registration and thereafter scan all the thumbprints.

Another issue INEC should ensure is to allow people to register once & vote once anywhere in Nigeria so long as he has an original voters card. Some people had this problem last time when the registered near their offices but could not vote despite having original copies of voter registration. The reason INEC people gave then was that their names was not in their voters register.

This poor voter registration exercise is another proof of the PDP led government's irresponsibility, denial of its basic responsibility, abuse of the electorate and a delibrate effort to deprive the people their God permitted rights (democracy is permitted by God) to elect leaders of their choice from time to time.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by otokx(m): 1:52pm On Nov 18, 2006
I hear zinox has come to the rescue.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Jaybaba(m): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2006
What has Zinox got to do with INEC?
The INEC definitely needs help anyway.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by jydoh(m): 7:26pm On Nov 18, 2006
2007 elections, is just a script been acted by the various actress and actors of the game. shocked shocked

automated voters registration, this could have been brought into the country based on request by whicheva agency that needs them, but INEC only requested for the numbers they would need to act their script. grin grin grin

automated machine was used by late Awoniyi and co, and it served the purpose it was meant for, though there were corrupt practices. wink wink wink

so u c, INEC rquested for machines not according to needs, but according to wants by the PDP script. angry angry angry

think about it, Europeans are never failures when it comes to technology, unless u dont have the money, there are a thousand and one company in the world that can supply much more than we need to execute the registration plans successfully. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by orekelewaa: 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2006
omo dat tin na nonsense. I've not come across anywhere for registration either. D few ppl on tv keep complainin. When will Obasanjo leave?
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by miky(m): 1:36am On Nov 20, 2006
guys take it easy one of the disadvantages of th e vote is the unavailability especially in 3rd world countries, its not obj grin. i doubt if nigeria can afford more than 300. i believe they will extend the time, but its normal.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Freestyl(m): 11:53am On Nov 20, 2006
All those tricks are preparations for Election Malpractice.

My brothers and sisters, i think i have a solution to these our problems. i suggest we call Pope Benedict to come to Nigeria and pray for the entire country. by doing this i believe Nigeria will be better again.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Tonyblu(m): 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2006
Just asking:

Does anyone know where I can find the Voter's Reg at Agege or Ikeja.

I've been searching and no one seems to know.

I want to register - oh!

Tony.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Tonyblu(m): 1:48pm On Nov 20, 2006
(An email sent to contact@inecnigeria.org)

Any concerned person at INEC should have a look at these responses in the weblink below.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-30847.0.html#msg712110

And then truly tell us WHERE WE ARE HEADING TO?

Is INEC for real?

Is the present INEC chairman dedicated to ensuring smooth elections in 2007?

Are the persons currently in govt ready to allow other individiuals to come and make their own inputs at Governance?

Is Nigeria meant to be rules by a select few?

The questions are Limitless . . .?

Tony James.

Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 1:52pm On Nov 20, 2006
As the nationwide voter registration exercise continues across the country, [color=#990000]INEC has put in place a rapid response team for possible logistic problems. Accessing reports received so far from the field, the INEC director for Information Communication Technology, (ICT) Emmanuel Akem, said so far, the field reports were heart warming and that possible logistics problems were being contained within the logistics backup put in place by the Commission.
Akem further disclosed that the Direct Capture Technology is very dependable and that the exercise would be very successful.
He assured that every eligible voter who presents himself for registration would be registered as the exercise was continuous and would only stop as stipulated by law.[/color]
www.inecnigeria.org

grin
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by uchetobi(f): 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2006
Wow. I wonder when we will make significant progress in this country
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Tonyblu(m): 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2006
HMMMM!, hmmmm!

Well . . .?
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Shokoloko(f): 10:59pm On Nov 20, 2006
i dont believe there will be an election in nigeria. i came back to register and im yet to see a registration office in Port-Harcourt. ive been round and round, in every nook and cranny, and now im sure there will be no election.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by lagbaja(m): 10:06am On Nov 21, 2006
Lets be hopeful, lets stop being cynics. Lets just say its one of our regular problems of handling projects. I believe the registration will eventually go round. Lets all be patient, whats the point in rushing to have another voter's register imposed on us. We need to get it right otherwise, going back to the regular registration options will take us 5 decades backwards.

I think Nigerians needs a voice and the only way to guarantee that is a credible registration and voting.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Tonyblu(m): 12:47pm On Nov 21, 2006
@lagbaja:

In a way, I agree with you.

Tony.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by McKren(m): 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2006
am impressed with the quest to register, people should so that we can see if we can actually win back our country. However we need to be patient with the e-registration because if it works it will help a lot. So that people will no longer make bogus claims of votes that dont exist.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by angeltolly(f): 4:32pm On Nov 21, 2006
U WILL NOT BELIEVE SINCE THEY HAVE STARTED THIS BULLSHIT , I HAVE NOT SEEN A SINGLE REGISTRATION CENTER IN AKURE.WHAOOOOOOOO.ANYTHING WORT DOING AT ALL IS WORT DOING WELL.ABA.WETIN NOW INEN CHAIRMAN.E NO GOOD O.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by boon(m): 6:24pm On Nov 21, 2006
i don't really think dat stuff is real because i neva see anytin like dat 4 wafi shooo!!
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by miky(m): 10:46pm On Nov 21, 2006
http://www.nigeriapages.com/display.asp?hid=160988&htable=Headlines

INDEPENDENT National Electoral Commission (INEC) disclosed yesterday that additional 10,000 Direct Data Capture (DDC) equipment would be deployed to the states of the federation and Abuja before the end of the week.

The chairman of the commission, Professor Maurice Iwu, who disclosed this at a meeting with state resisdent electoral commissioners in Abuja, said the commission would not lose focus on its determination to conduct free and credible elections in 2007.

Professor Iwu said the commission was convinced that its decision to commence the registration at the appointed time was better than the option of postponement of the exercise.

“Had we shifted the date for the commencement of the registration because of the non-availability of the equipment, the raging accusation would have been that the commission never planned the conduct elections,” he said.[color=red]

While lamenting that it was painful that the exercise did not sail smoothly as desired, Professor Iwu pointed out that the initial difficulties in the exercise had sharpened the commission’s capacity for attending to logistics problems that occur in programmes of the magnitude of conducting general elections.

[color]He said if only many Nigerians who complained that the registration exercise was slow knew that the commission started the exercise with about 1,000 DDC machines as against the planned 33,000, they would have had some sympathy for the officials.[color=#990000]

He assured that with more equipment now available, the registration exercise would leave no potential voter unregistered.

***********wetin i talk, some people here have more faith in nigeria failing than winning
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by trendy(f): 9:19am On Nov 22, 2006
What is going on in this my country
am sick and tired of it all
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by vadewoyin(f): 3:49am On Nov 23, 2006
I believe God will do a new thing in our country, at least it's ours
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by divinemmy(m): 10:16am On Nov 23, 2006
angry my conern now is that am very much ready to vote; cos i know God has a surprise for nigeria come 2007. please i plead to INEC, to try and make facilities for each local govt; so everybody that is ready to vote we get register!
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Ezenwenyi(m): 3:29pm On Nov 23, 2006
The voters registration is going on,but the centers seems to be invisible,hence the complain by many Nigerians.I forsee massive rigging through the internet.2007 Election(Political Selection) will be very dangerous.Obj's administration is trying in terms of technology but i hope this online voting won't result to some else.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by uchetobi(f): 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2006
Well God dey!
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Tempest: 3:39pm On Dec 04, 2006
hello this hon.hammed ola fijabi,i we like to introduce my self to this registriation,iam an councillor aspirant in lagos state,lagos island ward A1,then u can get contarct with me with my cell phone 08058132714

Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Mariory(m): 5:36pm On Dec 05, 2006
So how's the registration progressing now? Any improvements?
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Sista(f): 7:46pm On Dec 06, 2006
@Masaje

I tracked you down honey. How are you today?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Miss Nigeria? / Dr Akala Faults Ajimobi Relief Efforts To Flood Victims / Femen Protest In Tunisia: Is This Effective Activism Or Just Morally Offensive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.