Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger (19755 Views)

100 Cows Missing In Enugu - Fulani Herdsman Says / 20 Fulanis And 80 Cows Killed In Nasarawa / Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by Nobody: 11:42am On May 04, 2016
#Bringbackourcows
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by olaifalateef(m): 11:42am On May 04, 2016
undecided undecided undecidedpark nd leave its nt by force 2 stay
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by holyokoto(m): 11:42am On May 04, 2016
mencade5:
Idoma people na so so mouth una get. Form a militia group and fight back.

But no....they are waiting for jesus christ to come down from heaven and fight the fulani for them.

Na una sabi

I am an Idoma, and thats the ultimate problem my people are having, always calling on one imaginary Jesus to come and fight for them. When You try to mobilize men, they discourage you with the same imaginary God that will come down to fight for them . I doubt this stupid marauders will have such belly to attack our people when we have our colourful African belief
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by Nasiruddeen(m): 11:42am On May 04, 2016
fear is the beginning of wisdom.

if you can look for trouble then why are you scared to stand the fight. ewu. mshhhhwwww.

Kidnapping Originated In Igboland, But Are Kidnappers Called Igbo kidnappers?, It’s An Insult To Attribute All Killings To Fulani.

Call the criminals "criminals" not the entire tribe unjustly.

This is an attempt to terrorise Fulanis, I am sure that this a conspiracy engineered to undermine Fulanis. They've been in this situation for quite a long time, the non-fulanis especially the igbos have been Kidnapping them (Fulanis) thereby demanding the ransom of hundreds of cows and because they have no one to stand for them they always remain silent.

We will not tolerate any nonsense from grumpy thugs like FFK and co.

The Federal government must set up a judicial enquiry to trace the origin and direction of this political and social hoity-toity.

Kudos to Northern Governors Forum this is not time to remain silent.
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by stanislaus67(m): 11:44am On May 04, 2016
Blood sucking Fulani herdsmen! Y kill the villagers and farmers wen u can easily destroy their farm lands in retaliation if actually they harmed ur cows!
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:45am On May 04, 2016
mencade5:
Idoma people na so so mouth una get. Form a militia group and fight back.

But no....they are waiting for jesus christ to come down from heaven and fight the fulani for them.

Na una sabi

Do you know about Agatu people? Those guys na die hards oh.
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by Nasiruddeen(m): 11:45am On May 04, 2016
if you can look for trouble then why the fear? get ready to stand the fight.

Kidnapping Originated In Igboland, But Are Kidnappers Called Igbo kidnappers?, It’s An Insult To Attribute All Killings To Fulani.

This is an attempt to terrorise Fulanis, I am sure that this a conspiracy engineered to undermine Fulanis. They've been in this situation for quite a long time, the non-fulanis especially the igbos have been Kidnapping them (Fulanis) thereby demanding the ransom of hundreds of cows and because they have no one to stand for them they always remain silent.

The Federal government must set up a judicial enquiry to trace the origin and direction of this political and social hoity-toity.

Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by Xtanixlax(m): 11:47am On May 04, 2016
Its a pity we live in a country where "people" value COWS than human beings

1 Like

Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by agitator: 11:48am On May 04, 2016
This omenka brothers sef na woman wrapper?

One reason i respect the Kaduna Zango Kataf christians, no dulling no time for rubbish. Sharperly fall back to old testament. angry angry angry

Since then, everybody respect himself, dem no born fulani or any Boko haram to try them. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by rita25(f): 11:50am On May 04, 2016
DOES HE CARE? MAJORITY OF THOSE COWS AR EVEN HIS IF YOU ASK ME.
chesterlee:
Bubu should act now and put a stop to this deadly brothers of his.....How can something as precious as a human life be equated with Cows?

No be after the reprisal attack....u will read

"Buhari ordered the Police to investigate the Benue attacks"
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by chiefoboh1(m): 11:52am On May 04, 2016
Pple re u now begging 4 their life in their land
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by mencade5(m): 11:53am On May 04, 2016
holyokoto:

I am an Idoma, and thats the ultimate problem my people are having, always calling on one imaginary Jesus to come and fight for them. When You try to mobilize men, they discourage you with the same imaginary God that will come down to fight for them . I doubt this stupid marauders will have such belly to attack our people when we have our colourful African belief
anya my brother. Am not idoma. But i have countless number of friends that are idoma.

You are so on point. I was discussing this issue with some idomas and tivs in my area can u imagine some idomas that were not from agatu were not touched by what happen to agatu people as if agatu was in ghana. Is agatu not a faction of the idoma tribe?

So many. One even told one of my agatu friend that 'na una dey do wahala with fulani people abi'? An idoma for that matter.

Sincerely benue will be doomed if you people dont address this issue of i dont care attitude and e no consign me no be our side the thing happen attitude displayed by fellow idomas and tivs.

Idoma people have problem. They dont want to die but want to enjoy. They wanr others to die for them while they will be forming ajebutter to enjoy what others have suffered to die for.

Where are those worshipping aleku? Is aleku no longer working or powerful?

Yet these same benue people who claimed to love jesus dont are the biggest sinners. Gossippers bad biters bed belleism...enemies of progress using charms and killing people with juju yet they are calling jesus.

Am a yoruba boy by the way.

1 Like

Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by donodion(m): 11:54am On May 04, 2016
emamos:

http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/04/another-attack-looms-in-benue-as-fulani-herdsmen-declare-80-cows-missing-finger-agatu-people/

emamos:

http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/04/another-attack-looms-in-benue-as-fulani-herdsmen-declare-80-cows-missing-finger-agatu-people/

Abegi take the battle to their doorstep..wetin sef..some people go gather from one bush come your compound dey slap you around.... on your soil....what nonsense... If they dare cross their boundry..repel them and set their businesses and settlements abalaze.

Hit them haaaard!!! angry >: (>: (
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by frisky2good(m): 11:56am On May 04, 2016
Anyone that has tried taking a goat from the market to his house will know how impossible it is for someone without the required skill to control 80 cows. ONLY A HERDSMAN CAN STEAL COWS. How will an ordinary farmer explain to people how he suddenly acquired 80 cows? A herdsman can easily mix the stolen cows with his existing herd.

3 Likes

Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by Nasiruddeen(m): 11:59am On May 04, 2016

Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by omobaekiti: 11:59am On May 04, 2016
Lilimax:
Our journalists should exercise caution in their reportage.
So many of them are reporting lies thereby hiking tensions in different parts of the country undecided
It does us no good as a country embarassed
that's what you get when people play politics with issues,there was a thread on this forum with pictures stating how 80 cattle was killed and 20 Fulani men killed. it was an obvious and blatant lie yet some Dumbo here where praising the people that carried out the act calling it an act of bravery forgetting that it could breed another violence....I pray we learn quick,if not we would be faced with a terrible situation anyways I leave close to the boarder,na to just cross with my wife and children.

1 Like

Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by isnovic(m): 12:00pm On May 04, 2016
How does this equation look:

Life of a Fulani Cow=Life of a Human Being.

Am having a hard time doing the Math. Can someone with a MSc Distinction help Nigerians understand.
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by franklingud(m): 12:01pm On May 04, 2016
Lol!!!... hypocrites have decided to let go of me.
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by eddyslim(m): 12:04pm On May 04, 2016
What are they feeling like sef....
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by Figs(m): 12:08pm On May 04, 2016
MondeLuv:
Which way Nigeria? embarassed

#Vote for humility, beauty & class

#Vote MIMZY

#Miss Nairaland-2016 toh bad! cool
artifitial beauty.i doubt ur humility claims
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by conyema12(m): 12:09pm On May 04, 2016
frisky2good:
Anyone that has tried taking a goat from the market to his house will know how impossible it is for someone without the required skill to control 80 cows. ONLY A HERDSMAN CAN STEAL COWS. How will an ordinary farmer explain to people how he suddenly acquired 80 cows? A herdsman can easily mix the stolen cows with his existing herd.

You are spot on...these Fulani herdsmen are looking for reasons to attack..
80 cows are not easily pocketable.
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by Abagworo(m): 12:12pm On May 04, 2016
Why declare war when you are not ready? Why kill their 80 cows and run away. The truth is that they will retaliate again if not now but in 5 years time when you least expect.

The herdsmen seem not to have spokespersons to give account of their own side of the story making it a field day for their opponents. I think everyone will react the same way as the Agatu herdsmen when a community deliberately destroys his source of livelihood. It simply means a declaration of war.

Finally the media should stop as soon as possible this herdsmen manipulation as it could lead to ethnic cleansing of not only Fulanis.
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by chesterlee(m): 12:29pm On May 04, 2016
rita25:
DOES HE CARE? MAJORITY OF THOSE COWS AR EVEN HIS IF YOU ASK ME.

Its so unfortunate...They are waxing strong because he's their grand patron
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by modath(f): 12:35pm On May 04, 2016
sapiosexual1:
The loud silence of our uncharismatic president coupled with complicity of our partisan security forces when the problem was just festering has brought us to where we are.
Throw in the tomfoolery of online maudits like modath and Omenka who act as official cheerleaders on NL, cheering an emperor who is dancing naked and it would explain why we keep sinking deeper into this quagmire.

Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, dominique, OAM4J... Good day....

In every sane society, there exists free will and freedom of association...

PMB contested and lost elections 3x.. Each & every time people who believe in the PMB dream regroup and look towards the next opportunity to put their best "feet" forward.... why is GEJ's loss being treated as personal tragedies and failure by his supporters?

It's ok not to like a particular candidate but what is not ok is to malign or disparage some people who have chosen to pitch their tents with that particular candidate... not everyone is guided by religion and tribal bigotry, some just love the progress and stability of the nation and are not ashamed or willing to be bullied into not showing it.

It's also not ok to be specific and refer to particular people as cursed insane etc because they are pointing out that some issues in the public domain don't match up, seeing a disconnect between narratives and perception... some can see that the spike in nomads & agrarian communities is a clear departure from the usual & have no problem pointing it out..

I have a thick skin and won't cower but I refuse to allow this particular infraction go by unquestioned...

Thank you..

1 Like

Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by jeje123(m): 12:36pm On May 04, 2016
tommykiwi:
The people too should be at alert .
Dont mind them let them continue sit down they look like muror, I trust my people immediate judgement is ready for any stupid fulani in my dormain.
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by gunpoint(m): 1:08pm On May 04, 2016
nnadychuks:
Q
For Quote me and die
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by omenka(m): 1:37pm On May 04, 2016
The demonic plans of the enemies of this country will not prevail.

We have seen through their plot to instigate a full blown catastrophe just to stave off their incarceration for stealing the country blind over the last few years.

No one knows who the killers of the cattle are, it might well not be the people of Agatu, but that is the message they've fed the public and the cattle herders, so they can retaliate and we can have one reprisal after another, while they sit back in their coven to plot their next move.

In all of these, ignorant volunteer foot soldiers of the last admin who gained absolutely nothing from it have made themselves willing hands to those demons who'd stop at nothing to frustrate this government. They dispense, propagate and amplify distasteful news of this nature to stir up fear, anger, and hatred- all of which do them no fvcking good.

They hold logic and reason in contempt and criminalise truth while they extol the "virtue" of being a terrible liar! Yesterday, it was a picture of the so called killed cattle which turned out to be a picture of a ceremony taken from some distant African country. Today, it is a picture of a truckload of arms "confiscated" in Kano, destined for fulani herdsmen and it turned out to be a picture taken from California!!

Rationalising stupidity and sabotage is their stock in trade. Their excuse- "GEJ suffered the same". My prayer is that I hope all that carnage and death they wish upon innocent people of Nigeria simply because they dislike the president visits and abide with them in their respective households alone, amen.

Nigeria will live in peace now and forever.

1 Like

Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 04, 2016
NOBODY HAS MONOPOLY OF VIOLENCE. AFTER THE AGATU SLAYING DID YOU THINK THE PEOPLE WOULD JUST SIT BACK AND NOT FIGHT BACK.

1 Like

Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by meccuno: 2:49pm On May 04, 2016
Nasiruddeen:
fear is the beginning of wisdom.

if you can look for trouble then why are you scared to stand the fight. ewu. mshhhhwwww.

kidnapping started in the Niger Delta. Stop being ignorant and myopic.......should we start singing it like a song? Or I guess you are slow??

1 Like

Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by siokpe: 3:01pm On May 04, 2016
mencade5:
anya my brother. Am not idoma. But i have countless number of friends that are idoma.

You are so on point. I was discussing this issue with some idomas and tivs in my area can u imagine some idomas that were not from agatu were not touched by what happen to agatu people as if agatu was in ghana. Is agatu not a faction of the idoma tribe?

So many. One even told one of my agatu friend that 'na una dey do wahala with fulani people abi'? An idoma for that matter.

Sincerely benue will be doomed if you people dont address this issue of i dont care attitude and e no consign me no be our side the thing happen attitude displayed by fellow idomas and tivs.

Idoma people have problem. They dont want to die but want to enjoy. They wanr others to die for them while they will be forming ajebutter to enjoy what others have suffered to die for.

Where are those worshipping aleku? Is aleku no longer working or powerful?

Yet these same benue people who claimed to love jesus dont are the biggest sinners. Gossippers bad biters bed belleism...enemies of progress using charms and killing people with juju yet they are calling jesus.

You have a personal quarel with Idoma people? Fulanis will take you that they dread Agatu more than vipers. More Fulanis have been sunk at the Benue trough that Idomas. The latest one was the use of mercenaries and many of the dead bodies were believe to be carcases of the hired killers. It was reinforcement i a war like that made elderly, women and children to vacate their houses which made it easier for Agatu homes to be torched. Agatu is one out of about 25 districts in Idoma landand the spirit is one. All Idomas are one whether in Cross River, Nasarawa, Benue Or Enugu states. The Fulanis are hiding in Nasarawa state which can be over run by Benue in an all out hostility

Am a yoruba boy by the way.
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger by Abagworo(m): 3:22pm On May 04, 2016
modath:

Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, dominique, OAM4J... Good day....

In every sane society, there exists free will and freedom of association...

PMB contested and lost elections 3x.. Each & every time people who believe in the PMB dream regroup and look towards the next opportunity to put their best "feet" forward.... why is GEJ's loss being treated as personal tragedies and failure by his supporters?

It's ok not to like a particular candidate but what is not ok is to malign or disparage some people who have chosen to pitch their tents with that particular candidate... not everyone is guided by religion and tribal bigotry, some just love the progress and stability of the nation and are not ashamed or willing to be bullied into not showing it.

It's also not ok to be specific and refer to particular people as cursed insane etc because they are pointing out that some issues in the public domain don't match up, seeing a disconnect between narratives and perception... some can see that the spike in nomads & agrarian communities is a clear departure from the usual & have no problem pointing it out..

I have a thick skin and won't cower but I refuse to allow this particular infraction go by unquestioned...

Thank you..

They don't know how a full blown ethnic war is going to be. It is not Nairaland or blogdotcom but a situation where you will have to kill your best friend because he is not your ethnic group or he kills you. The casualty will be in tens of millions while some small ethnic grouos will be completely wiped off. There will no longer be respect for boundaries as whoever wins will subject the loser to slave status. This war they crave for will never affect the ruling class nor the billion clubbers like me who can easily continue comfort life outside the country. My only concern is for my distant brothers that will die for nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$3M Subsidy Bribe: Lawan Weeps / Nigeria Enters COVID-19 Fourth Wave / Machina: APC’s Submission Of Lawan’s Name Fraudulent, Illegal, Says Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.