Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,916 members, 7,835,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com (24578 Views)

EFCC Detains Achike Udenwa Over N350 Million Election Fund / Lai Mohammed Begs NBC For N13Million Loan For China Trip - DumebiIfeanyi.com / Christy Anyanwu Implicates Achike Udenwa In Confession To EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by ministeriallist: 3:40pm On May 04, 2016
...and the drama continues.
...watching in 3D
Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by delightf(f): 3:40pm On May 04, 2016
MadCow1:
Rochas is next!

Imo State is the 419 Capital of the East.. angry
hw u tk kown,

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by cindybella101(f): 3:41pm On May 04, 2016
Why arrest someone that receive money instead of first convicting dasuki and obtain the money through him instead of arresting people and charging them for illegally obtaining money from the office of the NSA.

My thought though...
Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by obailala(m): 3:41pm On May 04, 2016
Lol
Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 04, 2016
tonylaw07:
It's a weekly thing now that EFCC arrest but yet no conviction on the Arms deal.

I should think you are not current on the court proceedings. You will do well to bring yourself up to speed on the matter! Better if you'll make suggestions on how to fast track the proceedings in the face of filibustering lawyers who shamelessly purvey processes calculated at frustrating the trials.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by funkyibodude(m): 3:43pm On May 04, 2016
Stale undecided until EFCC goes after APC members, I will call this witch hunting
Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by freeborn76(m): 3:44pm On May 04, 2016
All hail Jonathan's legacies...

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by madridguy(m): 3:45pm On May 04, 2016
Let Wike tell the whole world how much Ameachi carry from Rivers State, as for Jagaban of Africa, Alausa is open for anyone to make his/her findings.

playtheblues:
The day you will hear how much Amechi and Tinubu stole from Rivers and Lagos States you will faint.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:45pm On May 04, 2016
BlackTechnology:
Jail him
Next are Ohakim and Rochas
Is this not a witch hunt?
Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by sorepco(m): 3:47pm On May 04, 2016
Cant u spell meanwhile?? I started spelling it in nursery school.... by the way are there no listening and comprehension on our schools anymore?

hemartins:
When I hear all this huge amount of money being owned/looted by one person, I ask myself : why can't these people can dedicate just a fraction of this looted fund to the less privilege or those in need?

Mainwhile

Tomorrow is my birthday and I need a job for a birthday present.
Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by hedonistic: 3:47pm On May 04, 2016
Money was paid to Achike Udenwa by Nenadi Usman in her private capacity. Where Nenadi got the funds she paid to Achike Udenwa is irrelevant, because ONLY Nenadi is answerable for that. How the hell is Udenwa culpable? Was he in public office and abused his position? His case is very similar to that of Uche Secondus.

This EFCC's new style is a mirror of the Daura dictator's personal ethos. It's a big joke really. Which reasonable court would convict Udenwa? Based on what charges, really? Is this how to "fight" corruption?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by texazzpete(m): 3:47pm On May 04, 2016
funkyibodude:
Stale undecided until EFCC goes after APC members, I will call this witch hunting

sonnie10:
Another PDP arrest, and when Uk Telegraph newspaper reports that Buhari is only using EFCC for witch hunting of his political opponents Nigerians would not understand.

You people are quite daft sha. How many APC members do you expect to have received money looted from the FG coffers, and given to allies of the last PDP administration?

There's no surprise there that the list of crooks or recipient of such stolen funds is nearly wholly comprised of PDP members.

So if EFCC is probing corruption in Fashola's Govt, you expect some PDP members to be implicated?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by Omonigeriarere: 3:50pm On May 04, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Na him steal the money? It was handed to him!

Instead of accusing the person who lifts palm oil from the rafter of being a thief, the person who aids in transferring it to the ground floor should be held responsible - Yoruba proverb
Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by sorepco(m): 3:50pm On May 04, 2016
So if u buy stolen property the police should leave n go in search of the robber!!! Since u r not the one who physically stole the item.... its called aiding and abetting my friend

cindybella101:
Why arrest someone that receive money instead of first convicting dasuki and obtain the money through him instead of arresting people and charging them for illegally obtaining money from the office of the NSA.

My thought though...

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 04, 2016
cindybella101:

My thought though...

Fine. However, consider the following-
1. The scandal discloses a web of corruption when Dasuki was taken in and he spilled the rotten beans.
2. The picture of the web is not meaningful until all strands are in place as you follow the trace of the money.
3. Failure to bring in other players in the web gives them more room and latitude to destroy evidence and or escape justice by leaving the country or committing suicide.
4. Besides the need to account for the sums in question, we want the stolen sums back in good time.
5. Need I same more.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by hemartins(m): 3:51pm On May 04, 2016
sorepco:
Cant u spell meanwhile?? I started spelling it in nursery school.... by the way are there no listening and comprehension on our schools anymore?

Thanks
Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by yaki84: 3:51pm On May 04, 2016
madridguy:
PDP almost finish us as country. Never again.

ur mate dey ariaria de UnCloth n dress masquerades, u r here ranting.
Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by mathskill: 3:52pm On May 04, 2016
sonnie10:
Another PDP arrest, and when Uk Telegraph newspaper reports that Buhari is only using EFCC for witch hunting of his political opponents Nigerians would not understand.

Yet the UK newspaper kept mute when PDP were busy sharing the loot amongst themselves.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by sorepco(m): 3:53pm On May 04, 2016
U r welcome

hemartins:

Thanks
Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 04, 2016
hedonistic:
Money was paid to Achike Udenwa by Nenadi Usman in her private capacity. Where Nenadi got the funds she paid to Achike Udenwa is irrelevant, because ONLY Nenadi is answerable for that. How the hell is Udenwa culpable? Was he in public office and abused his position? His case is very similar to that of Uche Secondus.

This EFCC's new style is a mirror of the Daura dictator's personal ethos. It's a big joke really. Which reasonable court would convict Udenwa? Based on what charges, really? Is this how to "fight" corruption?

Someone trespasses on some property that belongs to you and transfers same to a third party. The third party in question will not be joined as a party in the ensuing law suit to recover your property? Isn't it? Let Odera have his day in court. The prosecution has a job to do!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by funkyibodude(m): 4:00pm On May 04, 2016
texazzpete:

You people are quite daft sha. How many APC members do you expect to have received money looted from the FG coffers, and given to allies of the last PDP administration?

There's no surprise there that the list of crooks or recipient of such stolen funds is nearly wholly comprised of PDP members.

So if EFCC is probing corruption in Fashola's Govt, you expect some PDP members to be implicated?
you are the daft person for not clearly seeing this witch hunt of a government, read the article again, is it a crime to receive money? Why not invite him for questioning about the money he received rather than arrest him, meanwhile has the court proved dasuki guilty of all the charges levelled against him. Why this useless emphasis on so call fighting corruption, whereby the sledge hammer is tilted towards only PDP members, I keep saying it PMB is sowing a seed of division, when corruption fights back real hard, then you can come and defend your Fashola. Nonsense
Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by madridguy(m): 4:03pm On May 04, 2016
You don kill me here with laughter. I am sorry for my family we no dey do masquerades things.

yaki84:

ur mate dey ariaria de UnCloth n dress masquerades, u r here ranting.
Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by hedonistic: 4:08pm On May 04, 2016
odeotito:

Someone trespasses on some property that belongs to you and transfers same to a third party. The third party in question will not be joined as a party in the ensuing law suit to recover your property? Isn't it? Let Odera have his day in court. The prosecution has a job to do!

Don't be ridiculous my friend. Property? Your example is funny and misplaced. An appropriate example would be that an ASSUMED fraudster defrauded his employer and thereafter gifted some of the money to Mrs B, who subsequently used part of the money to pay Mr. C. for some services rendered to her. If the assumed fraudster or Mrs B is arrested and prosecuted tomorrow, can Mr C. be joined as a party to the ensuing law suit? Even though he was not PARTY to the supposed fraud and doesn't know how the historical trajectory or origin of the funds with which he was paid for his legitimate services?

Even the dumbest rookie lawyer with a bad stutter can handle this. Look up Uche Secondus case (or the lack thereof) and see the similarities.
Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by nkemdi89(f): 4:08pm On May 04, 2016
Onwaaaaaaaaaa
Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by wink2015(m): 4:10pm On May 04, 2016
[size=18pt]This will open the page of those governors who committed atrocity under the regime of former president olusegun obasanjo[/size]
Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by agbangam: 4:12pm On May 04, 2016
playtheblues:
The day you will hear how much Amechi and Tinubu stole from Rivers and Lagos States you will faint.

**Smiling.... cos to slap u just dey hungry me**
But why didn't ur Hero, d ineffectual buffon arrest Amaechi n Tinubu
U see ur type of pple will prefer EFCC remains idle just like during ur IB tenure while d crooks loot our treasuery. My guy grow up cos me too sure say non of those looters gave u CRUMBLE not to talk half a meal.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by jessy12: 4:14pm On May 04, 2016
including OBJ, AMECHI.
Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by deking(m): 4:17pm On May 04, 2016
hedonistic:

Don't be ridiculous my friend. Property? Your example is funny and misplaced. An appropriate example would be that an ASSUMED fraudster defrauded Mr. A and used part of the money to pay Mr. C. who rendered him some service. If the assumed fraudster is arrested and prosecuted tomorrow, can Mr C. be joined as a party to the ensuing law suit? Even though he was not PARTY to the supposed fraud nor did he know how the individual came about the funds with which he paid for his legitimate services?

Even the dumbest rookie lawyer with a bad stutter can handle this. Look up Uche Secondus case (or the lack thereof) and see the similarities.

Following your logic. It will be right to say the former Governor couldn't explain the services rendered by him that demanded a payment of such huge sum from the former minister. Or maybe the EFCC has details stating that he knew what was going on? In all let's stop giving excuses for corruption.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by franchizy(m): 4:21pm On May 04, 2016
Because he is igbo. how many yoruba has the EFCC arrested.
From Nnamdi kanu to Nnamdi okonkwo now Udenwa.

Justice may be delayed but cant be denied.

I will take this government serious when the yorubas who milked this country and put us in a bad economy are arrested.

My words are the words of the IPOB youths who never see anything good in this current administration.
To them this is a witch hunt.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by Mbediogu(m): 4:29pm On May 04, 2016
verifielive:
The Economic and Financial crimes commission,(EFCC) has nabbed a former governor of Imo state, Achike Udenwa for collecting a N350 million stolen arms fund through embattled ex-minister, Esther nenadi.

Nenadi was detained by the EFCC for allegedly receiving N2.5 billion of the N4 billion taken out of the Central Bank of Nigeria, on the orders of the ex-National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, ahead of the 2015 election.

Nenadi was the Director of Finance of the Peoples Democratic Party Presidential Campaign.

http://dumebiifeanyi.com/exclusive-efcc-arrest-former-imo-governor-achike-udenwa-collecting-n350-million-arms-fund/

Na Na Na so them eye go dey shine like armed robbers them torchlight! mtchew. Direct to kirikiri abegi.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by hedonistic: 4:31pm On May 04, 2016
deking:

Following your logic. It will be right to say the former Governor couldn't explain the services rendered to him that demanded a payment of such huge some from the former minister. Or maybe the EFCC has details stating that he knew what was going on? In all let's stop giving excuses for corruption.

There is no law that criminalises "inability to explain" anything in Nigeria. That's why it is trite in law that the onus of proof is on the accuser. In civilised countries suspects are reminded that they have a right to silence when arrested. If you see me driving a Bugatti tomorrow with loads of cash in the booth and you instigate the EFCC to arrest me merely on suspicion of ill - gotten wealth, I do not owe you (or the EFCC) any gaddem explanation. Take me to court if you have a case against me.

It is your duty (or the duty of law enforcement agencies) as the accuser to prove that I acquired my 'suspicious' wealth though illegal activities. If you cannot prove that, then you have no case. I am not obliged to explain anything. I can only explain to the COURTS to exonerate myself if and when a prima facie case has been established against me. The mere possession of a Bugatti and oodles of cash is not in itself and by itself self evidence of criminality. You must prove beyond reasonable doubt that I acquired the Bugatti and cash by commiting a crime. The question you the accuser and my prosecutors must answer is, what crime?

That said, there is certainly no way that the EFCC can prove that Udenwa "knew what was going on".

We have to start doing things right in this country. In the United States and other advanced countries where we copied our democracy from, you don't just arrest anybody because you suspect him or her of wrongdoing, even if your suspicion is justifiable. If you have no concrete evidence of wrongdoing, then go back and do your homework until you can get concrete proof to secure a conviction.
Re: EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com by alobright17(m): 4:35pm On May 04, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Na him steal the money? It was handed to him!
make someone go steal something come give you then hold it till the police come catch or trace the stolen items to,you will then understand your offense.

Did you even think before asking such question?as if you never heard something like that before as been an offense?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyegun Takes Tinubu’s Case To Buhari / From Preacher To Political Leader, Agbonayinma Sets Sights On Governorship / Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.