Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Can You Dress A Masquerade? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can You Dress A Masquerade? (467 Views)

Governor Fayose Hangs Out With A Masquerade (Photos) / Barney The Dinosaur Used As A Masquerade At Ondo AD Governorship Campaign Rally / Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Dress A Masquerade? by Netland(f): 3:58pm On May 04, 2016
Minister of Information and Culture in Nigeria, Lai Mohammed, said that 1000 jobs can be created for graduates in a week if they dress masquerades. He said that most states in Nigeria have one festival or the other which if packaged very well can provide employment for Nigerians.

According to him "Most states today have more than one festival a year, but the packaging and lack of capacity has not enabled them to make the most out of these festivals. There’s a particular masquerade in the south east, it takes 100 people to dress him, another 100 people to UnCloth him. If this masquerade is well-packaged, it can provide employment in one week for more than 1000 young men. These are some of the untapped potentials."

My first reaction whenever Politicians speak or make certain suggestions is if they will gladly allow their children or any other relevant member of their family indulge in it.

Do you agree with him?
Will you accept the offer if you were given?
Re: Can You Dress A Masquerade? by nigeriancritic1(m): 4:04pm On May 04, 2016
Netland:
Minister of Information and Culture in Nigeria, Lai Mohammed, said that 1000 jobs can be created for graduates in a week if they dress masquerades. He said that most states in Nigeria have one festival or the other which if packaged very well can provide employment for Nigerians.

According to him "Most states today have more than one festival a year, but the packaging and lack of capacity has not enabled them to make the most out of these festivals. There’s a particular masquerade in the south east, it takes 100 people to dress him, another 100 people to UnCloth him. If this masquerade is well-packaged, it can provide employment in one week for more than 1000 young men. These are some of the untapped potentials."

My first reaction whenever Politicians speak or make certain suggestions is if they will gladly allow their children or any other relevant member of their family indulge in it.

Do you agree with him?
Will you accept the offer if you were given?
THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, WILL THE MASQUERADE BE COMING OUT DAILY. HOW DO THEY GET PAID. ANY APPOINTMENT LETTER OR PENSION, IS IT A ONE-OFF THING OR FULL ENGAGEMENT, WHO PAYS THEM OR IS IT FROM THE PROCEEDS FROM THE BEGGING MASQUERADES.
I'M NOT EVEN SURE IF ANYONE CAN GIVE GOOD ANSWERS TO MY QUEST!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Dress A Masquerade? by chiefolododo(m): 4:17pm On May 04, 2016
The people who will take the job self must first be trained ,a job is created already(I mean for the trainer) .I am still thinking that Mr lia Mohammodu smoked a NEPA pole before he came out with that

3 Likes

Re: Can You Dress A Masquerade? by Netland(f): 4:40pm On May 04, 2016
Exactly @chiefolododo @nigeriancritic1 grin

The crazy things we get from the Nigerian Government.
Re: Can You Dress A Masquerade? by nigeriancritic1(m): 5:04pm On May 04, 2016
Netland:
Exactly @chiefolododo @nigeriancritic1 grin

The crazy things we get from the Nigerian Government.
"WE ARE IN PERILOUS TIMES" YOU KNOW!!!

1 Like

Re: Can You Dress A Masquerade? by Netland(f): 5:37pm On May 04, 2016
nigeriancritic1:

"WE ARE IN PERILOUS TIMES" YOU KNOW!!!

Ah tell you cry
Re: Can You Dress A Masquerade? by ckmayoca: 6:21pm On May 04, 2016
Lai na mumu na. Dem no even think of interstates transportation to introduce competition but they won't go thier cos it belong to agberos.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Avengers And Its Conditions For Peace / CCT Rules In Favour Of Saraki… For The First Time / UK Prime Minister Attacks Nigeria Verbally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.