Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,822 members, 7,844,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? (14312 Views)

Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / 7 Ways You Waste Your Salary Without Knowing / Describe Your Salary With A Movie Title!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Digriz(m): 11:43am On May 05, 2016
kaka22:
Well, it depends on the family and friends. I shared my salary information with a friend and that was because she shared her own first. Moreover, her salary almost doubles my own. I don't think I can do that with a friend who earn lesser than me.

I shared my salary information with my elder brother because he contributed to my academics.

Note: it is easy to share salary information with friends if all of you earn roughly equal salary so it won't lead to jealousy or inferiority complex. When I start earning my millions monthly, nobody will know cool
Absolutely concur wt you,. I hv a very close friend that I normally share ideas wt, bt he suddenly changed when I got my new job.He asked abt my salary so that he wl know whether to apply next time there is a vacancy. I told him my monthly take home package and since then he stopped calling me, stop visiting and even tell people what am earning.
I was surprised when. my brother who's a student told me about it and how the news hv spread..the worst is that am not even earning that as a take home bcus that was the gross payment and not net payment.
My wife is the only one that know my actual salary and she's assisting me in managing it.

5 Likes

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by ephi123(f): 11:45am On May 05, 2016
It is pure foolishness to disclose salary to friends.
I always operate on a need-to-know basis. If you do not need to know a particular info, I am not going to disclose it, simple.

1 Like

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by amokeme(f): 11:46am On May 05, 2016
MisterGrace:
With wify, maybe not so bad. But with friends, so so bad to share with friends. As a matter of fact, a so called friend of mine who happens to be my colleague in the office is trying everything to paint me bad or maybe have me sacked simply because of 30K difference in our monthly take home pay.

I have over 5 years experience before I joined the Organization and he's got only 7 months experience. Once he found out how much I was going get as monthly take home pay, he became so jealous that he stopped talking to me, he won't even wait on me for us to catch the bus together anymore.

He's all out to tarnish my image.

I don't know the satisfaction he will get if I loss the job.

But he will surely fail.
he is not your FRIEND he is just your colleague learn to know the difference

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by 9jatatafo(m): 11:50am On May 05, 2016
Your life do what's right for you
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by MisterGrace: 11:56am On May 05, 2016
amokeme:
he is not your FRIEND he is just your colleague learn to know the difference

We were actually friends before we became colleagues.

Thanks anyway.
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by tynohale: 12:00pm On May 05, 2016
No one apart from my husband knows what I earn as my salary is naturally not a topic for discussion amongst friends and family. I have never raised it neither has anyone else. I guess that's respecting boundaries.
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by profmathsland(m): 12:14pm On May 05, 2016
It has more disadvantages than advantages.It creates enmity,jealousy and quarrel.It could come to a point where they could need your help and you look at your needs first.

3 Likes

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by a2space(m): 12:15pm On May 05, 2016
vickydevoka:
All my friends n family members knw how much am being paid. dere is no big deal. cuz in as much they knw am not receiving more than 100k de won't bother asking me i will be de wan asking dem.# buh truely it's good to show some love to your love ones

If your salary is not too much, then it wouldn't be a problem to share but if it is much then it becomes difficult to share.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Omoluwabiifeoluwa(m): 12:19pm On May 05, 2016
@kaka22, i need to speak with u as regards access bank test invite for ibadan. omoluwabiisrael@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by factsdigger: 12:51pm On May 05, 2016
In abroad its a normal thing,many salaries are known as many people earn hourly
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by carpenter(m): 12:53pm On May 05, 2016
I will tell most people how much I make if they have the courage to ask me. I see it as a way of encouraging people especially considering my first salary was a mere 5k when I got out of school. I however, make it explicit that what I make is mine and not a function of how much I will give anyone (including Wifey). I see myself as a lazy banana and cannot continue this everyday work forever so retiring early in usually on my mind. The only way I can do that is by living as frugal as I can and not exceeding my charity budget.

I will encourage anyone to be free with how much they make especially around family if you can manage it.

1 Like

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by jazinogold(m): 1:03pm On May 05, 2016
kaka22:
Well, it depends on the family and friends. I shared my salary information with a friend and that was because she shared her own first. Moreover, her salary almost doubles my own. I don't think I can do that with a friend who earn lesser than me.

I shared my salary information with my elder brother because he contributed to my academics.

Note: it is easy to share salary information with friends if all of you earn roughly equal salary so it won't lead to jealousy or inferiority complex. When I start earning my millions monthly, nobody will know cool

No go reveal NSE own o
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by ndcide(m): 1:08pm On May 05, 2016
Yet the hr guys here keep telling people to research salary before coming for interview.

You can see from the responses.
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by kaka22(m): 1:21pm On May 05, 2016
jazinogold:

No go reveal NSE own o
cheesy
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by donGotze(m): 1:43pm On May 05, 2016
It's easier when you are earning on the average but it's hard to tell when you have a fat salary. Telling people can be detrimental at times, such as having a coolwasteful wife, nagging mom, parasites of friends and families alike.

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by ideology(m): 1:48pm On May 05, 2016
grin grin grin grin nothing do you joor
stubbornman:

I won't even tell my mum
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by ideology(m): 1:49pm On May 05, 2016
if she ask nko? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
dammytosh:

Wetin concern your mum with the amount ?
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by ideology(m): 1:51pm On May 05, 2016
no na, just compensate bribe wink wink him, he may never remember to ask
ozo13:
popsy nko

1 Like

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by dammytosh: 2:26pm On May 05, 2016
ideology:

na to manage her ooo.

You are now a man.
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by dammytosh: 2:29pm On May 05, 2016
ideology:

na to manage her ooo.

You are now a man.
donGotze:
It's easier when you are earning on the average but it's hard to tell when you have a fat salary. Telling people can be detrimental at times, such as having a coolwasteful wife, nagging mom, parasites of friends and families alike.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by chrisBenSunny: 2:41pm On May 05, 2016
Very bad because it has delt wit me
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by ozo13(m): 3:40pm On May 05, 2016
ideology:
no na, just compensate bribe wink wink him, he may never remember to ask
smart guy

1 Like

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Udofire(m): 4:21pm On May 05, 2016
DjValency:
Igbo man no go try am...

Before u crucify me, I be confirm Igbo guy, Abu m nwa afo. if I dey lie ask ivyy, my pretty babe

if u try it with your babe eh, na sorry go be ur case because, girls and money be like.....
goat and yam.

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Udofire(m): 4:28pm On May 05, 2016
Pavore9:

Why nah? cheesy
my bro know wetin hin dey do. You tell women your pay. if you tell your wife or mother,na media house you tell.
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 05, 2016
Never ever share your income and if possible, your source of income with anyone, most especially your wife, mother, siblings and friends; these people are stakeholders who feel entitled to their share. When it comes to finances, let your nay be nay and your yes be yes.
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Johnnoo(m): 12:32pm On May 06, 2016
Don't even think about it...
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by youngweb(m): 7:11pm On May 06, 2016
if you dey collect fat salary, go carry broadcast give only your household, you go no sey na rat wey dey inside, dey tell the rat wey dey outside sey, fish dey for house . my hands no dey ooo if you talk..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Strikes Off Ugwuonye Emeka’s Name From Legal Practitioners' Roll / Hnd Or Bsc, Not A Factor For A Better Career. / Imo Government Increases Workers' Salary By ₦10,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.