Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,970 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi (44159 Views)

Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) / Buhari Earns $58bn In 27 Months To Jonathan’s $454bn In 6 Years / Fayose Reacts To Trump's Victory: "Obama Got What He Did To Jonathan'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by stephanie11: 7:44pm On May 04, 2016
In an explosive interview with Forbes, former CBN governor and current Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has revealed that former governor of Rivers state and current Minister for transport, Rotimi Amaechi was responsible for leaking Former president, Olusegun Obasanjo's letter to Jonathan over a missing sum of $20 billion to the media.

Sanusi had written to Jonathan to raise the alarm over billions of dollars from oil sale not remitted to the federation account.Obasanjo then followed suit with his own letter titled “before it is too late”, and the letter was published in full by online newspaper, Premium Times.

Sanusi said that in 2012 and 2013, government revenue collapsed by $10 billion, without a collapse in oil prices or production capacity, adding that the CBN found a $49 billion revenue gap.

Sanusi said he then wrote Jonathan, saying:

“If this continues, we are going to have a big problem if the price of oil came down. We can’t protect interest rates, we can’t protect exchange rates, we can’t protect reserves.We may have to tighten money to prevent inflation, there will be unemployment, government will suffer – all of the things we are seeing today.”

Sanusi further stated that Jonathan did not do anything until Obasanjo's letter went public. he says

“This was in August 2013, the president received the letter and did nothing. A few weeks after that, the finance minister called to say, governor, can we do some reconciliation on oil revenue numbers? I said minister, I report to the president.I have written to the president, if the president wants me to sit with you and do reconciliation, the president will tell me.

After Obasanjo’s letter, all hell now broke loose. The letter was then leaked to online media, and it became public. That was when the president got angry and we then had to sit and do reconciliation."

Sanusi says he was then summoned by the president;

“In the middle of all these, the president called me and said I should see him at 3pm. I turned up at 3pm and the entire place had been swept. There was no one apart from security services. I got to his office, it was just me and him. It was as if everybody had been asked to go.And so he says to me, he’s calling me because he is surprised that letter I wrote to him got to Obasanjo, I said I’m surprised too.

He said he’s convinced that the letter went from the central bank to Obasanjo, and I had 24 hours to find who leaked the letter or sack somebody; the director who prepared the letter or my secretary and if I did not sack them, that was proof that I leaked the letter and therefore, I should resign.

“I said to him that I’m surprised that I’m being asked to resign for raising an alarm over missing funds and the minister in charge of the portfolio is not being asked to resign.From then I knew I had signed my equivalent for death warrant. But I said I was not resigning. He got very angry and said whether you like it or not, you’re going to leave that office, I cannot continue to work with you, either you or I will leave government."

Afraid for his life, Sanusi said he did the following;

“I was amused that leaking the letter is far more crime than leaking money. I went straight to the office of the principal secretary to the president, and I met him with a gentleman from Kano, who was foreign minister Ambassador Aminu Ali.I said to them, gentlemen, I’m coming to you because I just had a meeting with the president, and there were no witnesses, and the president had threatened me.

I repeated what happened and told them I am going to tell people close to me, if anything happens to me, it is the president.I don’t think I was really in fear of my life. Even if you don’t like someone – Jonathan was not the kind of person that would have someone killed. He wasn’t that kind of leader.”

http://dumebiifeanyi.com/amaechi-leaked-obasanjos-missing-20-billion-letter-jonathan/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by Ebubeslym(m): 7:46pm On May 04, 2016
A round of applause for Amaechi the Snitch.

Your own turn dey come.

147 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by Phame: 7:48pm On May 04, 2016
Amaechi my hero!

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by doublewisdom: 7:48pm On May 04, 2016
Amaechi again?

15 Likes

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by 1Tkester: 7:55pm On May 04, 2016
Sanusi, should please spare us this bull and roaster story, He was sacked for being incompetent and corrupt. His elder brother has been there for one year, why hasn't he located the missing $20 billion?

Zonbies over to you.

175 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by Phame: 8:01pm On May 04, 2016
Sanusi said that in 2012 and 2013, government revenue collapsed by $10 billion, without a collapse in oil prices or production capacity, adding that the CBN found a $49 billion revenue gap.

Sanusi said he then wrote Jonathan, saying:

“If this continues, we are going to have a big problem if the price of oil came down. We can’t protect interest rates, we can’t protect exchange rates, we can’t protect reserves.We may have to tighten money to prevent inflation, there will be unemployment, government will suffer – all of the things we are seeing today.”

Sanusi further stated that Jonathan did not do anything until Obasanjo's letter went public. he says

“This was in August 2013, the president received the letter and did nothing. A few weeks after that, the finance minister called to say, governor, can we do some reconciliation on oil revenue numbers? I said minister, I report to the president.
jonathan was a mistake that was aptly corrected.

174 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by allawizzow(m): 8:01pm On May 04, 2016
Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by Phame: 8:09pm On May 04, 2016
He said he’s convinced that the letter went from the central bank to Obasanjo, and I had 24 hours to find who leaked the letter or sack somebody; the director who prepared the letter or my secretary and if I did not sack them, that was proof that I leaked the letter and therefore, I should resign.

“I said to him that I’m surprised that I’m being asked to resign for raising an alarm over missing funds and the minister in charge of the portfolio is not being asked to resign. From then I knew I had signed my equivalent for death warrant. But I said I was not resigning. He got very angry and said whether you like it or not, you’re going to leave that office, I cannot continue to work with you, either you or I will leave government."

grin grin grin hero don vex.
I never thought he could say such.
#chamelion

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by Phame: 8:17pm On May 04, 2016
Jonathan was not the kind of person that would have someone killed. He wasn’t that kind of leader.”
yeah, I believe this. I'm not fan of hero, but I believe he doesn't kill.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by SeverusSnape(m): 8:20pm On May 04, 2016
Amaechi the garrulous.

20 billion missing money was a mere propaganda, Where is the money now??... Why is no one talking about it??

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by englishmart(m): 8:24pm On May 04, 2016
who cares?
Buhari can recover it na.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by Taeewo(m): 8:25pm On May 04, 2016
Kkkk
Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by ednut1(m): 8:25pm On May 04, 2016
who e epp

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by chikel2000(m): 8:25pm On May 04, 2016
Jonathan was too soft

14 Likes

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by dotcomnamename: 8:26pm On May 04, 2016
ok
Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by Generalkorex(m): 8:26pm On May 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by Pidggin(f): 8:27pm On May 04, 2016
Where is the invisible money now? Lies

15 Likes

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 04, 2016
They have sent him grin. After everything they want to blame Jonathan for their economic failure. With all the rampage by EFCC why has the money or even a shadow of it not been recovered?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by playtheblues(f): 8:28pm On May 04, 2016
Anything to distract us from Buhari's bad governance.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 04, 2016
I cannot continue to work with you, either you or I will leave government."

man proposes God disposes

jonaddrunk has left office now. and we are daily seeing where the missing billions went

we are all suffering the repercussions of his profligacy and corruption

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by sibb2011: 8:28pm On May 04, 2016
@ last. We are approaching the hidden story about the lost $20b.

Let's go there. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by coded01: 8:29pm On May 04, 2016
Yet people will kill one another for Goodluck... undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by sammyj: 8:29pm On May 04, 2016
I said it then that the former President is a green snake under the green gras and a camelion all together. Corruption does not know gentle or humble man. HERO of democracy indeed what a world Ameachi single handled outsmart the entire corrupt GEJ administration which makes him for s ure the Hero that exposed our yam eaters !! angry angryv sad shocked grin

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by Lilimax(f): 8:31pm On May 04, 2016
Stale! However, one of the agenda of this present government is to recover all looted funds. I'm sure the money will be found at the appointed time embarassed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by youngprof8787: 8:32pm On May 04, 2016
all hail the lion of ubima

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by adezjamz(m): 8:32pm On May 04, 2016
Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by mightyhazel: 8:33pm On May 04, 2016
So why hasn't the 49 or20 billion dollars been located and recovered? Useless propaganda

Mtchewww!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by seunajia: 8:33pm On May 04, 2016
In an explosive interview with Forbes, former CBN governor and current Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has revealed that former governor of Rivers state and current Minister for transport, Rotimi Amaechi was responsible for leaking Former president, Olusegun Obasanjo's letter to Jonathan over a missing sum of $20 billion to the media.

Where in the article was it written that Amaechi leaked the letter aside this opener by the yeye blog??

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by Safemode(m): 8:33pm On May 04, 2016
ok
Re: Amaechi Leaked Obasanjo's Letter To Jonathan - Sanusi by teebillz: 8:34pm On May 04, 2016
How does this help my situation?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Liah Sharibu, The Only Christian Amongst The Dapchigirls Remains With Boko Haram / South East Governors Meet In Governor's House Enugu (pictures) / Did FG Lose ₦700 Billion COVID-19 Relief Funds To Fire Outbreak? (Fact-Check)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.