Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park (19550 Views)

Obiano Moves To Construct Railway In Anambra / Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid / Lagos To Begin Construction Of N49b First Medical Park In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by mapet: 11:00am On May 05, 2016
ba7man:

ideology: :
When they want to steal, they embark on white elephant projects.

The ones fashola built are already decaying … poor maintenance even with private sector.
Which ones are decaying? Mention them.

You guys just talk sentimental trash for no reason.
@ba7man,

you dey mind village bush rat?
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by mapet: 11:04am On May 05, 2016
sainty2k3:

adconline:
Sounds like another scam is cooking like ENRON and Tinubu?? There is no public statement from Cleveland Clinic-one of the best hospitals in world acknowledging this partnership.. This is like Harvard or Apple of medicine joining a partnership with a govt agency -without monetizing their brand and intellectual equity?? And LASG is only putting land??
Cleveland Clinic in Abu Dhabi is joint partnership between their govt and UAE.

seems you were there when Dubai partnership deal was made, tell us what more the government provided apart from land, buildings and enabling environment. were they also funding the treatment or what exactly do u expect. Don't just criticize anyhow,just because you must do so

@sainty2k3,

You know, some people sound silly when they try to sound like they are in the know, but only give themselves away as having too much in a rush, not reading details well. The guy tries to question a business deal and used a single and isolated case as comparison.......you should know that some people are limited in exposure yet arrogant about little they've been exposed to
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by imohchard(m): 11:10am On May 05, 2016
Mumu you did not read the part that says "lagos will provide only the land and market"?

ademusiwa11:
[size=28pt]This is fraud,

Awarding a contract of 40 billion to a faceless company
[/size]
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by mapet: 11:11am On May 05, 2016
Cocoyamu:
Whaaat??
A whole 49 billion for Medical park only..

Hmmn, Tinubu... sorry i mean Ambo una don start abi?
Soon you will start claiming uou too donr sign cheque like one man.... Ok kontunu

With this statement of your, I can deduce that you must have been in the rock-bottom zone in performance while you were in school wink

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by olagamalin(m): 11:18am On May 05, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
good, but my own question be, why ISLAND again. That's why I no like fashola, everything na so so Island, that eko Atlantic should have been in mainland with so many swamps that can be filled up, but na sea their head choose.
one day, dey go relocate alausa to island, because the rich will be scared of coming to mainland.
Classic example of wasted youth. READ before commenting......READ!!!!!
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by adconline(m): 11:23am On May 05, 2016
mapet:

@sainty2k3,

You know, some people sound silly when they try to sound like they are in the know, but only give themselves away as having too much in a rush, not reading details well. The guy tries to question a business deal and used a single and isolated case as comparison.......you should know that some people are limited in exposure yet arrogant about little they've been exposed to
Refer to my last post. It's already been answered! Abu Dhabi paid and built the hospital- Cleveland Clinic is a hospital and doesn't manufacure hospital equipment, who is going to pay for those?
Cornell Univetsity has the same partnership with Quatar and it was paid for the Quataris, but in Naija we hope for a miracle- a.k.a scam!!
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by mapet: 11:24am On May 05, 2016
olalekan1:
To me its a good initiative but why siting the park in Ikoyi, why not Oshodi, Ketu, Abule Egba, Agege. Its high time we know that such developmental project usually add to the development of the host community, you can imagine if National Stadium is in Agege or Abule Egba.

1. This is not a general hospital, but a PPP with government. In other words it's a commercial business venture.
2. The truth is, this medical park may likely not be cheap
3. How many in Ketu or Oshodi will be able to afford to patronise the hospital. Note that stakeholders will need to re coupe their investments and be profitable.....

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by bskyb(m): 11:25am On May 05, 2016
ba7man:

The government said they will provide the needed land and market. It means, this is at zero direct cost to government. As usual, some people did not read the article before making comments.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by mapet: 11:29am On May 05, 2016
adconline:

Refer to my last post. It's already been answered! Abu Dhabi paid and built the hospital- Cleveland Clinic is a hospital and doesn't manufacure hospital equipment, who is going to pay for those?
Cornell Univetsity has the same partnership with Quatar and it was paid for the Quataris, but in Naija we hope for a miracle- a.k.a scam!!

....and you arrived at this position how?

You have not said anything different, you're just throwing names of medical institutions........you do not have details of the contract in focus

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by OlujobaSamuel: 11:33am On May 05, 2016
olagamalin:
Classic example of wasted youth. READ before commenting......READ!!!!!
what's there to read again the un*wasted youth. you think am in your crew that hustle for fp or ftc.
ori e gbale. next time, don't yell while talking in a faceless forum, keep your health safe.
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by olagamalin(m): 11:37am On May 05, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

what's there to read again the un*wasted youth. you think am in your crew that hustle for fp or ftc.
ori e gbale. next time, don't yell while talking in a faceless forum, keep your health safe.
it's obvious you aren't smart ..... Pitiable excuse of a living being
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by OlujobaSamuel: 11:39am On May 05, 2016
olagamalin:
it's obvious you aren't smart ..... Pitiable excuse of a living being
pele ti e. o ba e lo, ato e ti. aiye e ni ye l'ode.
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by olagamalin(m): 11:42am On May 05, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

pele ti e. o ba e lo, ato e ti. aiye e ni ye l'ode.
inferiority complex is making you converse in your native language. A kid like you should roll over & play dead. #nitwit
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by adconline(m): 11:43am On May 05, 2016
mapet:

....and you arrived at this position how?

You have not said anything different, you're just throwing names of medical institutions........you do not have details of the contract in focus
There is no such precedent of big health institutions doing it Naija way. It's operating in other climes where a govt builds and picks up the cost of running it, but in Naija it's different because we're the most favored and loved people in this world? They have their industry-wide practice which is to bring their expertise and host country will foot the bill.
Harvard has the same partnership with Dubai and it's paid for by Dubai!!
I'm still asking you to show me any statement from Cleveland Clinic corroborating this PPP
Btw, St Barnabas health system is the largest hospital system in New Jersey and it hasn't acknowledged this PPP deal??

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by OlujobaSamuel: 11:46am On May 05, 2016
olagamalin:
inferiority complex is making you converse in your native language. A kid like you should roll over & play dead. #nitwit
lolz, inferiority complex kwa? ogbeni pada si ile iwe alako bere. awon obi e ti sun owo na.
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by olagamalin(m): 11:50am On May 05, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

lolz, inferiority complex kwa? ogbeni pada si ile iwe alako bere. awon obi e ti sun owo na.
I will leave you with a thought...yet I'm not sure you have where to put it. Fancy you talking about going back to basics....You have no idea.
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by OlujobaSamuel: 11:58am On May 05, 2016
olagamalin:
I will leave you with a thought...yet I'm not sure you have where to put it. Fancy you talking about going back to basics....You have no idea.
Those that brought you up also admonished you to engage people for the first time through insult? they need to be questioned on the kind of training they gave you, and am sure they tried their best, it's just a hopeless task trying to correct the ills in your head.
so your tutors told you it's inferiority complex to conversed in your mother tongue? I thought you don't understand me before, so have this as your take home, ori e ti do ta. jeje logo, ko fi la yan, afofun gbe mu.
omo osan ti nko kponkpon ba iya e, ako ti le ta omo, alai le ko, ako gba, ado ju ti ni, omo wole so ri agba kodo.
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:01pm On May 05, 2016
Volksfuhrer:

Should we wait for a national health insurance scheme before commencing on a project like this? We would wait forever! Perhaps, a facility like this could spur a need for national health insurance.

That's another way to view it, nice angle and points u just made, i reason with that too..
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by OBEHIOYE(m): 1:31pm On May 05, 2016
Shouldn't they try to be making that USELESS LASUTH world class first?

Misplaced priorities and corruption...
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by freshkik(m): 1:32pm On May 05, 2016
ademusiwa11:

[/size]
…after reading this, i quickly scrolled up to see if it was that 'stupidity' moniker guy that posted it, i'm surprised someone else did

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by ideology(m): 1:42pm On May 05, 2016
go to renal centre at gbagada, it was commissioned 2014, if you are allowed snap the pictures, talk to staff and bring what you find out, dont be ranting like a kid, not everyone on this platform are dullards, miscreants and bigots angry angry

cc: Rolings, mapet
ba7man:

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by mapet: 1:48pm On May 05, 2016
ideology:
go to renal centre at gbagada, it was commissioned 2014, if you are allowed snap the pictures, talk to staff and bring what you find out, dont be ranting like a kid, not everyone on this platform are dullards, miscreants and bigots angry angry

cc: Rolings, mapet

Since it's your argument, why you not supply the pictures
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by ideology(m): 1:54pm On May 05, 2016
no! stay in you house/wake up and sleep on nairaland; arguing foolishly, I stated a fact, i was not arguing with you. #DullardsWaitingToBeSpoonFeed tongue tongue
mapet:

Since it's your argument, why you not supply the pictures
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by bobochem: 2:26pm On May 05, 2016
ademusiwa11:

[/size]
the state govt will only provide the land and market.so where is the fraud

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by mapet: 2:38pm On May 05, 2016
ideology:
no! stay in you house/wake up and sleep on nairaland; arguing foolishly, I stated a fact, i was not arguing with you. #DullardsWaitingToBeSpoonFeed tongue tongue

You stated facts with what? See who is idiotic?
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by arresa: 2:46pm On May 05, 2016
[s]
adconline:

because you want to believe in ur hype but it's so untrue
Cleveland Clinic would charge more than N49bn to license its name out to be used by another entity like LASG. Here govt is not bringing in cash but only land and in Abu Dhabi, govt brought land and built the hospital, so why the preferential treatment? because Naija is a better negotiator or that Cleveland Clinic loves Naija more than Abu Dhabi?
What's LASG bringing to the table?
It's more expensive in Naija to build a world class hospital than in Abu Dhabi? Ask global Hospitsliry brands- IHG-Intercontinal, Hilton, Sheraton, Radisson etc why their hotels cost 4 4x times more in Naija? Cleveland Clinic is the best hospital in the world and cannot allow its standard to be lowered to meet Naija standard.
Like I keep saying there is no acknowledgement of this joint venture between LASG while Abu Dhabi venture was all over the place?
It's like GE/Microsoft having a joint venture with LASG and there is no high ranking representative from the company??
Sorry to question things critically is not part of our Naija way.
Whenever you question things they say you are hating while their story is riddled with holes.
[/s]

Please confine your ignorant and meaningless garbage to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by adconline(m): 2:59pm On May 05, 2016
arresa:
[s][/s]

Please confine your ignorant and meaningless garbage to yourself.

What a thick-skulled _fucktard.. You have been clobbered with facts!
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by arresa: 3:01pm On May 05, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

it's a private project, government owns the land. it's a ppp just as this.

I don't get your point here...

It's still a private project and investors decides where to invest based on the nature of their investment while the state's job is to create the necessary environment for them and if not, they go elsewhere with their investment.

you mean we have more projects in mainland than island? I stay in badagry division, we have 5administrative division in Lagos, kindly list top 5projects for each division during fashola's tenure.

All the new schools are on the mainland

All the new hospitals including the burn hospital, renal and cardiac hospitals are on the mainland

Nearly all the roads built in the last 8 years are all on the mainland

Nearly all the health centers are on the mainland

All the 15 new water works are on the mainland

3 out of the 5 power plants are on the mainland

Nearly all the skills centers are on the mainland

https://www.nairaland.com/1894158/lagos-state-pride-south-west.

^^^^^ That's my signature, go through it and come back with a different argument.

It's not by force to claim Lagos state when in fact you know nothing about Lagos state..

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by arresa: 3:11pm On May 05, 2016
[s]
adconline:

What a thick-skulled _fucktard.. You have been clobbered with facts!
[/s]

Throwing meaningless jargon all over the place is not facts, it's ignorance and trying to hear yourself shout like BINGO.

Facts is when you make silly claims about licensing name which is rubbish to start with means you showing us facts from the clinic per the exact figure they charge.

Not that your lincensing nonsense is of any relevance to start with anyways, this is just you spewing meaningless and ignorant garbage.

You are free to hate and spew your usual bitter nonsense, but stop claiming facts.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by OlujobaSamuel: 4:01pm On May 05, 2016
arresa:

I don't get your point here...

It's still a private project and investors decides where to invest based on the nature of their investment while the state's job is to create the necessary environment for them and if not, they go elsewhere with their investment.

All the new schools are on the mainland

All the new hospitals including the burn hospital, renal and cardiac hospitals are on the mainland

Nearly all the roads built in the last 8 years are all on the mainland

Nearly all the health centers are on the mainland

All the 15 new water works are on the mainland

3 out of the 5 power plants are on the mainland

Nearly all the skills centers are on the mainland

https://www.nairaland.com/1894158/lagos-state-pride-south-west.

^^^^^ That's my signature, go through it and come back with a different argument.

It's not by force to claim Lagos state when in fact you know nothing about Lagos state..

hey bro, nothing new is what you posted. you are on apc/acn payroll while am not, so I have no duty to shove down a deceit when given. I said give me list of top 5projects in each division, you are giving me pictures, even though I've seen them before, I still try to see if your pix could help my curiosity, alas, it didn't.
1. vocational centres are distributed based on lcda's.
2. concentrated doesn't mean nothing on the mainland.
3. most projects on the mainland(even backed by your pictures) were within ikeja and it's environs.
some of your pictures showed projects on ikorodu-ketu-ojota-anthony axis, that's the same route bro, am not so sure fashola awarded the contract separately, it might be to different contractors, but it will be on same conditions to create uniformity.
Now in my area(Badagry division), for every road by fashola, tinubu has about 3roads to his name. The projects embarked on in LASU, how many was completed by him? most are still under construction. The convocation hall was not even completely finished.
Once again nice job, your boss too tried, but he could have done better. Visit akwa ibom(he could have done better also) to learn what project spread means in a state.
on water works, I only see the buildings, I don't see the product. kindly help with a place to get the product in my division.
NB
I don't claim lagos and I have no reason to, am from osun and proud to be, I live in Lagos.
Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by fostermd(m): 4:18pm On May 05, 2016
In comparision with medical facilities abroad 49 billion naira is just the annual running cost of some of them.The annual budget for the hospital I work is about 300€ euros annually.The healthcare budget for Manchester health system has been increased to 7 billion pound sterling annually.if this Partnership is real,the the foreign partners are smart.It is known fact that Nigerians spend about 2 billion dollar on foreign treatment annually especially in India,UK,South Africa,USA and even Ghana due to thousands of illnesses and medical procedure that cannot be performed in naija.If this proposed facility can provide many of these treatment ,they will corner significant portion of the 2billion dollar we spend abroad annually.
Lagos state is providing not "just land" as some on this forum are saying.That land on Awolowo road used to be school of nursing,it has high rise building about ten storey,hostels,several buildings,classrooms and accommodation and the location is high profile.More importantly,Lagos is providing the market for these foreign partners.They will recoup their investment in less than three years.The market is actually the whole of Nigeria and with success will include other West African countries.
Healthcare is big business,stocks in healthcare companies are amongst the highest in USA.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park by Cocoyamu: 4:50pm On May 05, 2016
mapet:

With this statement of your, I can deduce that you must have been in the rock-bottom zone in performance while you were in school wink

And it might interest you to know that, school performance do not neccessarily translate into life performance after school.
Get knowledge my dear, you will need it someday...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Releases Video Of Abducted Oil Exploration Workers From The Universit / Boko Haram Attacks Wanori/Amarwa Village, Burns 4, Destroy Houses (Photos) / Setback For Atiku As Yar Adua’s Group Declares Support For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.