Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death (13506 Views)

Throwback: Dora Akunyili Battled The Cabal Under Yaradua (Video) / Buhari's Health: His Time Is Almost Up Like Yaradua, World Will Be Shocked - FFK / Umaru Musa Yar'adua With His Wife And Daughter (2) (3) (4)

Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by delightf(f): 10:05am On May 05, 2016
[quote author=OgbonnaUbani post=45324569]That means today could have made it 6 years that Jonathan took over as acting President. But some people, mostly Yorubas have been shouting "6 years of Jonathan's rule" since as far back as 2014.
SMH[/quot
God bless you so you heard dsame thing
RIp sir
@list he was a good leader despite his illness
Remember his 7point agenda
If he is nt Good noone will live to say good things about him
OBJ...ruled 4 3yrs nd still want to rule more
@list be good 4 once it creats a good name to that fellow
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by hornyman(m): 10:16am On May 05, 2016
RIP. He tried as a leader but his health failed him. God knows best. He would have been the best President by the PDP but cold hand of death cut his life short.
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by enemali50(m): 10:23am On May 05, 2016
Rest in peace sir
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by Thryphosa(m): 10:31am On May 05, 2016
Good man with good heart. Continue to Rest in Peace.
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by Jolumania432(m): 10:36am On May 05, 2016
firstolalekan:
Is Turai dead
me too dey wonder ooo

Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by juman(m): 10:50am On May 05, 2016
johnmartus:
that is consequences of born to rule mentality that common among african leaders

But in the last fourteen out of seventeen years the southern part of the country ruled the country, but also performed badly and ruined the country.

One nigeria is a failure.
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by kindnyce(m): 10:51am On May 05, 2016
amzee:
The immediate family members of former President Umaru Musa Yar’adua, who died on May 5, 2010, are in London and plan to
hold special prayers to mark his sixth anniversary.

A source in the family said they were led by Yar’adua’s widow, Hajiya Turai and would offer special prayers for the repose of the former Nigerian leader’s soul.

may ALLAH continue
to bless ur soul
Personal details
Born
16 August 1951 in
Katsina, Katsina State, Nigeria

Died
5 May 2010 (aged 58)
Aso Villa, Abuja, FCT

Nationality
Nigeria

Political party
People's Democratic Party (1998–2010)

Other political affiliations
People's Redemption Party (Before 1989)
Social Democratic Party (1989–1998)

Spouse(s)
Turai Yar'Adua (1975–2010)
Hauwa Umar Radda (1992–97)

Children
Nine

Alma mater
Barewa College
Ahmadu Bello University

Religion
Islam

Umaru Musa Yar'Adua (16 August 1951 – 5 May 2010) was the 13th President of Nigeria. He served as governor of Katsina State in northern Nigeria from 29 May 1999 to 28 May 2007. He was declared the winner of the controversial Nigerian presidential
election held on 21 April 2007, and was sworn in on 29 May 2007. He was a member of the People's Democratic Party (PDP).

In 2009, Yar'Adua left for Saudi Arabia to receive treatment for pericarditis. He returned to Nigeria on 2 May 2010, where he died on the 5th.

Please lets offer prayers for him..
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by mmmustapha(m): 10:55am On May 05, 2016
although I was in opposition party then I knew that he's the best of the best, Continue to Rest in #peace
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by Nobody: 10:56am On May 05, 2016
Ojor o pé rara. 6years already. We will forever remember you.
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by amzee(m): 1:06pm On May 05, 2016
lagosrd:

About the best that came out from the northern part of this country especially kastina. A hero and a complete nationalist. An erudite scholar and a rational spender. Adieu umaru I will immortalize you when I become president.
Achievements.
1. Amnesty to militants
2. Prudency in sport ministry (under 17 tournament)
3. Prompt payments of salaries
4. First time reduction in fuel pump ⛽ price
Etc etc. Great man of honour.
He's a role model.

Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by john1035: 2:00pm On May 05, 2016
OgbonnaUbani:
That means today could have made it 6 years that Jonathan took over as acting President. But some people, mostly Yorubas have been shouting "6 years of Jonathan's rule" since as far back as 2014.
SMH

olodo, when Yar Adua left for Saudi Arabia in 2009, who took over presiding the affairs of Nigeria?
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by john1035: 2:06pm On May 05, 2016
donkross1:
M.k.o Abiola - Best we never had

Umaru Yar'adua - Best we ever had

P.m. Buhari - ______________

read your history books, M.K.O was very corrupt... International Thief Thief (ITT)
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by john1035: 2:12pm On May 05, 2016
lagosrd:

About the best that came out from the northern part of this country especially kastina. A hero and a complete nationalist. An erudite scholar and a rational spender. Adieu umaru I will immortalize you when I become president.
Achievements.
1. Amnesty to militants
2. Prudency in sport ministry (under 17 tournament)
3. Prompt payments of salaries
4. First time reduction in fuel pump ⛽ price
Etc etc. Great man of honour.

surely, he is our best president since the third republic

tell me how rewarding criminal is an achievement?
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by Chylo(m): 3:34pm On May 05, 2016
VocalWalls:

You have a point.

Which point? Yaradua left for Saudi Arabia since 2009, 2009 till 2016 is how many years?
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by cutestcee: 3:42pm On May 05, 2016
aare07:

Your evidence.
Keep waiting for it
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by johnmartus(m): 6:05pm On May 05, 2016
juman:

But in the last fourteen out of seventeen years the southern part of the country ruled the country, but also performed badly and ruined the country.

One nigeria is a failure.
please next time make sure you read the content before start comment i did not say only north rule Nigeria and besides with short periods the so called northern ruled do more harms to our country than southern.
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by lagosrd: 11:18pm On May 05, 2016
john1035:

surely, he is our best president since the third republic

tell me how rewarding criminal is an achievement?

Hr understood clearly well and all he did was to diplomatically solve the issue without sentiment. At least we can boast of a sizable peace in Niger delta area. Amnesty has really helped their youth in terms of exposure, trainings and education
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by john1035: 7:15am On May 06, 2016
lagosrd:

Hr understood clearly well and all he did was to diplomatically solve the issue without sentiment. At least we can boast of a sizable peace in Niger delta area. Amnesty has really helped their youth in terms of exposure, trainings and education

no matter how you try to justify it, it was a wrong move.

it shows that just few ragtag citizens can bring the FG to it's knees.

what message do you send to the law abiding citizens, that crime pays?

what happen to just sticking to develop the Niger Delta and not paying criminals not to blow off pipelines?
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by lagosrd: 11:48am On May 06, 2016
john1035:

no matter how you try to justify it, it was a wrong move.

it shows that just few ragtag citizens can bring the FG to it's knees.

what message do you send to the law abiding citizens, that crime pays?

what happen to just sticking to develop the Niger Delta and not paying criminals not to blow off pipelines?

Have you been to ND before ? . Have experienced gas flaring before? Do you know this people cannot farm, fish and do anything for leaving. Do you know what oil spillage is ? You need to gather information about the neglect they have suffered my brov.
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by john1035: 12:36pm On May 06, 2016
lagosrd:

Have you been to ND before ? . Have experienced gas flaring before? Do you know this people cannot farm, fish and do anything for leaving. Do you know what oil spillage is ? You need to gather information about the neglect they have suffered my brov.

I'm not talking about those.
cleaning up oil spill, prevention of gas flaring... are the right thing to do.

what I'm saying is the amnesty which included paying the militias billions of naira was wrong. crime shouldn't be rewarded
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by lagosrd: 3:38pm On May 06, 2016
john1035:

I'm not talking about those.
cleaning up oil spill, prevention of gas flaring... are the right thing to do.

what I'm saying is the amnesty which included paying the militias billions of naira was wrong. crime shouldn't be rewarded

My dearest,
Wrt to the above subject matter, I think you need to draw a line between militancy and terrorism.
Lets critically look at the definition if both you will agree with me that they are set of people who have been subjected to deliberate neglect, untold hardship ,degradation, unhum and even when they cried out to the .......
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by john1035: 4:15pm On May 06, 2016
lagosrd:

My dearest,
Wrt to the above subject matter, I think you need to draw a line between militancy and terrorism.
Lets critically look at the definition if both you will agree with me that they are set of people who have been subjected to deliberate neglect, untold hardship ,degradation, unhum and even when they cried out to the .......
there is a very thin line between militancy and terrorism.

you and I will agree that they are both crimes.

I'm not saying they should have been killed but rewarding them was a very bad move, now you can see the results, they have resurfaced with enough resources at the disposal... the money from the amnesty can be used to purchase deadlier weapons, thereby making the problem worse than before.

crimes shouldn't be rewarded. what message are passing down to law abiding citizens?

we should take to crime?

Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by lagosrd: 5:00pm On May 06, 2016
john1035:

there is a very thin line between militancy and terrorism.

you and I will agree that they are both crimes.

I'm not saying they should have been killed but rewarding them was a very bad move, now you can see the results, they have resurfaced with enough resources at the disposal... the money from the amnesty can be used to purchase deadlier weapons, thereby making the problem worse than before.

crimes shouldn't be rewarded. what message are passing down to law abiding citizens?

we should take to crime?
Will talk to you later. Kind of busy now

PHOTOS: Ambode Celebrate Eid-el-kabir With Muslims In Epe. / What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? / Mass Burial Given To Bodies In Ezu River