Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,015 members, 7,838,554 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

The Article That Was Never Published Nor Read - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Article That Was Never Published Nor Read (723 Views)

Daniel Elombah Arrested Due To The Article He Wrote Against Buhari - FFK / Infinite Jest: The Politics Of Looting The Book Dino Melaye Never Published / Phone Numbers Of Governors As Published By Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Article That Was Never Published Nor Read by OlaSpeaker(m): 4:08pm On May 05, 2016
This atcticle was written and sent to one of the dailies on 9th August 2014 but it was never published.

EBOLA SCARE, TRUE TEST OF LOVE
By isaiah ola-speaker

In the early hours, on the 8th august, 2014 a day when 80% of Nigerians took there bath before 5am in the morning. At exactly 4:45am i got a call from a friend in Kafanchan followed by a call from a family friend in Ibadan, my sister who live in Oshogbo and my secondary school mate Yusuf in Kaduna also called me, all telling me to drink and bath with warm salt water to avoid contracting the Ebola virus at first i was confused i then immediately text a friend in Zamfara. Getting to my senses i quickly rushed to my phone
to get info from the internet to my surprise what i got was disappointing salt does not cure or prevent contracting the Ebola virus! What then happened that neighbors have to wake their self that early?, what could have prompt a well known enemies to wake each other up this early even when they are both having a good rest probably sweet dreams?, what exactly is going on that no one thinks of the tribe, ethnicity, region, religion or even political affiliation of his or her neighbor before waking them up?. Nobody think whether if his or her neighbor is a southerner or a northerner before rolling the drum everyone became a town crier even before the day was dawn.

Hmmm........so we've been pretending all along. Ha! Ha!! So it is true that Musa called Chinedu, Kayode text Onome, Amaechi actually knocks the door of Akor, so it is true that Joseph woke Abdullahi up. Chai!!! Was i dreaming when i saw the call from Yusuf my old friend in secondary school? So it is true Amaka gave Amina salt, so it is true bimbo actually boiled water for Chinyere. Could this be love or pretence? If we love ourselves this much that we don't want our next neighbor to die of a deadly virus like Ebola why then do we fight each other? What is the point? Ebola is a deadly virus that has no designated cure for now, a Virus that kills within few days of contracting it. Knowing all this yet we don't want our next neighbor to die even when we claimed not to love each other and perceive ourselves as enemies.

Though the news was fake and salt couldn't have cured or prevented someone from contracting Ebola but who could have thought of this that within a few hours the news would have gotten to millions of Nigerians and circulate through the entire country.

So we cared this much for someone we despised so much, or are we just pretending that we cared? No 80% of Nigerians couldn't have denied themselves their much needed sleep only to disguised under the pretence of love and care. This is a true sign of love and affection from a nation, a true test of a nation who thinks it hate itself but actually don't, a nation that thought it is polarize and divided through tribes, ethnicity, regionalism, religion and political affiliations, a nation where a southerner perceived a northerner as his enemy and a northerner sees a southerner as his foes, a true test of a nation where it citizens couldn't help to see their neighbor died an horrible death of Ebola virus, a nation that shows a real affection, care and love for one another. Why are we then pretending we despise each other? Why is it so difficult to integrate this love in our national life? I just couldn't get it, Why the pretence of hate? Why the hypocrisy? Why did we denied ourselves our much needed sleep just to see to the well being of our neighbors, friends and family? Why can't we imbibe this love and affection in our day-to-day activities? Why can't we for once look to the face of that person we cared for and said i care for you?.

The news is fake salt does not cure or prevent Ebola the virus has no cure but whoever that conceived this idea and broke this news whether he or she may God bless him or her for he or she has put our great nation to a test of true love and affection.

1 Like

Re: The Article That Was Never Published Nor Read by NaijaCuzin: 12:57pm On May 15, 2016
nice article..... and they won't post to FP but rather tiwasavage marriage saga....

I was actually forced to bath with SAlt by my aunt that day and also drink water adding salt which was very dangerous to our health....

Can't 4get dat day....
Re: The Article That Was Never Published Nor Read by iykofias(m): 2:14pm On May 15, 2016
Op u be mumu o.

don't u kno my enemies wil make sure i get d deadly virus if they contact/contract it. I even give one hopelss yoruba man salt, plus 'abeg' so that my own life go dey kampe.
Na simple logic, no too think the thing jare.
Re: The Article That Was Never Published Nor Read by OlaSpeaker(m): 8:46pm On Mar 04, 2017
iykofias:
Op u be mumu o.

don't u kno my enemies wil make sure i get d deadly virus if they contact/contract it. I even give one hopelss yoruba man salt, plus 'abeg' so that my own life go dey kampe.
Na simple logic, no too think the thing jare.
Look beyond your NOSE!

(1) (Reply)

Why Dont We Learn From History / What Makes A Nation 'fantastically Corrupt' - Picture / #istandwithbuhari Youths On A Pro Subsidy Removal Campaign In Bauchi(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.