Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy (2304 Views)

Number Of Dead Men Appointed By Buhari Increases To 5 / Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter / FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by Youpele52: 5:48pm On May 05, 2016
The federal government has resumed paying fuel subsidies. The amount is well over N12 naira for every liter of petrol. Recall that in January, Kachikwu and Buhari, both petroleum ministers had said Nigeria did not pay fuel subsidies for January.

The Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) released a new pricing formula which shows that fuel subsidies paid by Buhari’s led ministry of petroleum will gradually increase over time. Their reason is that for oil marketers to keep importing the fuel, the Federal Government has to keep paying subsidies since crude oil price is still low.

We don’t understand the logic.

The restructured PPPRA pricing template for petrol shows that expected market price for rose to N99.38 per liter for oil marketers and N98.62 per liter at NNPC retail filling stations. According to PPPRA, the landing cost of petrol imported into the country is between N84.32 and N85.08 per liter respectively.

The Petroleum Pricing Regulatory Agency is the agency charged with the determination of the pricing of petroleum products. They regulate fuel prices and subsidy payments.

The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) is the agency responsible for petroleum regulation in Nigeria. DPR has the statutory responsibility of ensuring compliance to petroleum laws, regulations and guidelines in the Oil and Gas Industry.

The difference between the PPPRA determined prices and the government-regulated price yields the amount of subsidy per liter that the government incurs.

Recall that Kachikwu had accused fuel importers of diverting 30% of petrol to neighboring countries. For example, in Benin Republic, Fuel sells for more than 200 naira a liter. Thus marketers divert the already subsidized oil from Nigeria to neighboring countries leaving us in want of the product and making huge profit in the illegal deal.

We just hope the Buhari led administration, the NNPC, PPPRA, DPR, fuel importers and the rest of them know what they are doing. Nigerians are already suffering and they should rather tell us the exact situation in our oil sector than oscillate between opinions every week.

Source
http://vanguardnigeria.org/berating-gej-buhari-increases-fuel-subsidy/

Cc

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by SamJed(m): 5:53pm On May 05, 2016
Buhari is a big time hypocrite

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by IRserveMyComent(f): 6:08pm On May 05, 2016
This administration are a set of confused entities. They dont know or understand the rudiments of governance. But we choose not to be confused like them. We will excel above their confusion.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by stexsy(m): 6:16pm On May 05, 2016
Buhari is a dullard and a confused fool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by menstrualpad: 6:20pm On May 05, 2016
I told you so

where's aminat508 I have won the bet.... bedlaid

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by cindybella101(f): 6:24pm On May 05, 2016
This administration and hypocrisy are

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by Jirate(m): 7:29pm On May 05, 2016
Another Contradiction to add to the Already Long List. cool cool cool

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by mekaboy(m): 7:58pm On May 05, 2016
If u ask me, those that invested in APC will get their money back through subsidy. They put in budget people lamented, now it is in subsidy.

I thought they did calculation under Gej and said fuel should sell for 60 Naira due to falling oil price.

11 Likes

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by DaBullIT(m): 11:05pm On May 05, 2016
Useless liars

2 Likes

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by freeze001(f): 11:13pm On May 05, 2016
DaBullIT:
Useless liars

Who? The APC/Buhari led government or the news report?

5 Likes

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by BeardedMeat(m): 11:14pm On May 05, 2016
SamJed:
Buhari is a big time hypocrite
That's my problem with the dullard and his team! And Zombies both in and out of government have been telling us that no provision was made for subsidy in the budget of yams, so where will the money come from?

Clueless, archaic ideas, intellectually old, hypocritical, a fight against boko is a fight against the north, abacha did not steal, he only took money illegally, why are your people killing my people, dogs and baboons, bigotted, fanatical, own and control, baba go slow, dullapor, etc etc...all in one person! embarassed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by BeardedMeat(m): 11:18pm On May 05, 2016
DaBullIT:
Useless liars
wailing form is finished! You are on your own!

4 Likes

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by Feraz(m): 11:51pm On May 05, 2016
Damn! People are gonna finish this administration. . . . grin

1 Like

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by Frankiss44(m): 11:59pm On May 05, 2016
The title "clueless" has finally found a deserving head....

8 Likes

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by ayzTIGER: 1:21am On May 06, 2016
Buhari is the worst hypocrite Nigeria ever have as president... I gave up on his silly antics when he said he borrowed to buy the presidential form with handful of sachet milo and peak milk ..smh.. Bubu can lie for North Korea

5 Likes

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by Pidggin(f): 5:11am On May 06, 2016
Confused govt grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by allthingsgood: 5:32am On May 06, 2016
See all the useless wailers making noise everywhere. Many just read headlines and will rush to comment.

OP clearly explained why subsidy will be paid. Either u allow IM to import and pay subsidy, or NNPC continues to be the sole importer and the long queues will return. Its not about gej or buhari, its common sense. Nigeria belongs to all of us. So drag your brain out of the mud and stop using urself as a political footmat.

1 Like

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by Goddex: 5:48am On May 06, 2016
[s]
allthingsgood:
See all the useless wailers making noise everywhere. Many just read headlines and will rush to comment.

OP clearly explained why subsidy will be paid. Either u allow IM to import and pay subsidy, or NNPC continues to be the sole importer and the long queues will return. Its not about gej or buhari, its common sense. Nigeria belongs to all of us. So drag your brain out of the mud and stop using urself as a political footmat.
[/s]

Sharraappppp there!
Your dauradullard told us subsidy does not exist.

Today, even at a lower international oil prices he is still paying a far higher subsidy than previous govt.

8 Likes

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by Meriekriss: 5:53am On May 06, 2016
allthingsgood:

Shut up.. Pls just shut it.. When the subsidy was present in last administration, wasn't it for same purpose you just wrote? Oh, you threw away common sense then.. Subsidy was even more necessary then considering the higher price of crude oil... APC is afraid to totally remove subsidy due to the reaction of Nigerians which they fear..

8 Likes

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by allthingsgood: 6:19am On May 06, 2016
Meriekriss:

Shut up.. Pls just shut it.. When the subsidy was present in last administration, wasn't it for same purpose you just wrote? Oh, you threw away common sense then.. Subsidy was even more necessary then considering the higher price of crude oil... APC is afraid to totally remove subsidy due to the reaction of Nigerians which they fear..

Like I said, it is a shame that ur brain is unable to reason beyond political parties and tribal shit. In your warped mind u assume I must be supporting apc. Its such a pity. Poverty or plenty does not know who is in power! Both buhari and gej dont know u. So keep enslaving yourself under the misplaced thinking that u are supporting a party

2 Likes

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by allthingsgood: 6:21am On May 06, 2016
Goddex:
[s][/s]

Sharraappppp there!
Your dauradullard told us subsidy does not exist.

Today, even at a lower international oil prices he is still paying a far higher subsidy than previous govt.

Read the post before commenting blindly! OP has already explained the reason for the subsidy

1 Like

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by NaMe4: 6:39am On May 06, 2016
allthingsgood:

Like I said, it is a shame that ur brain is unable to reason beyond political parties and tribal shit. In your warped mind u assume I must be supporting apc. Its such a pity. Poverty or plenty does not know who is in power! Both buhari and gej dont know u. So keep enslaving yourself under the misplaced thinking that u are supporting a party

Mr., you have not addressed any of the points he/she raised.

10 Likes

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by Bitterleafsoup: 6:39am On May 06, 2016
Lets show them we are tired of the Northern agenda!

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by Meriekriss: 6:59am On May 06, 2016
allthingsgood:

Shut up... No one said you are supporting APC... You must not comment to be noticed..

You purposely ignored addressing the points I raised, instead you chose to look for who to lecture with a repeated boring line..

During the last administration, what was your opinion?? I just dnt understand how Nigerians think.. You are telling us to apply common sense for a President that rode to power on so called integrity and he questioned why subsidy should be paid without thinking about your so called OP explanation then all for him to turn around nd pay higher subsidy when crude oil price is lower now...

6 Likes

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by Houseofglam7(f): 7:08am On May 06, 2016
And then GEJ was almost crucified for petty reasons.

Bunch of hypocrites angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by ReabridCharles(m): 7:31am On May 06, 2016
Zombies will run far from this post.

Buhari, a man at war with himself.....

Am tired of this APC government.

E go soon be one year this month oh.

Wonder what he would push forward as his achievements.
Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by eagleeye2: 7:42am On May 06, 2016
Am amazed at how the 'Critics' of yesterday has become almost deaf and dumb to the happenings in this present administration.
We have no other country but Nigeria. If the activists like they should all play the Ostrich because Buhari and Osibanjo are in power. But one thing is certain, we will all ride or sink with this Nation. Poverty and sufferings knows no tribe or religion.

1 Like

Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by Nbote(m): 7:51am On May 06, 2016
Watch zombies avoid dis thread like a plague.. D fear who'll dare to comment will complain about how "wailers" only read the heading without fully understanding. Dem neva see anything by d d time d govt is thru with us, we'll b begging for military rule
Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by NaijaEfcc: 8:28am On May 06, 2016
Mynd44 this is front page material!! angry
Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by malton: 8:29am On May 06, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by Osyxcel(m): 10:00am On May 06, 2016
Afterall, subsidy is real. lipsrsealed
Re: After Berating GEJ, Buhari Increases Petrol Subsidy by Nobody: 10:53am On May 06, 2016
I can now confirm that I don't have a president in this country.
I refuse this fooolish hypocrite as my president, NEVER!

Change indeed!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Redistribute Oil Blocs Or Get Ready For More Attacks In N’delta – IYC / See How Fayose Motivated Ekiti State Tailors Today With N10million(photos) / Just In: Catholic Priest Poses With AK47 In His Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.