Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Six Nigerian Students Held For Drug Trafficking - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Six Nigerian Students Held For Drug Trafficking (605 Views)

2 Nigerian Students Sentenced To Death In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking / Soldier Held For Robbery Warns CP: ‘don’t Call Me Fake’ (pic) / Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Nigerian Students Held For Drug Trafficking by dridowu: 10:30am On May 06, 2016
SERDANG, May 6 (Bernama) -- Police have arrested six Nigerian private college students for alleged drug trafficking in Serdang, and seized almost 3kg of ganja slabs.

Serdang Police chief ACP Megat Mohd Aminuddin Megat Alias said on Friday the students, in their 20s, were picked up in two raids in Taman Serdang Perdana, Seri Kembangan here under the 'Ops Tapis' operation.

A female and four male students were arrested in the first raid on a house in Section 5, Taman Serdang Perdana, yesterday, he said, adding that they were from private colleges in the Ampang area.

"The police seized a ganja slab weighing 860 grams valued at about RM3,000 and 14 slabs of a substance believed to be drugs wrapped in foils and weighing 102 grams valued at RM3,800," he told a news conference.

Megat Mohd Aminuddin said the drugs were believed to have been supplied from Taman Connaught, Cheras.

He also said that the male students tested positive for ganja.

He said another male student was arrested as he was parking his Perodua MyVi car in Taman Serdang Perdana yesterday.

He was a student of a college in Jalan Tun Razak, he added.

The suspect attempted to flee but was caught by the police who also seized the car keys, he said.

"A check of the car revealed two slabs of ganja wrapped in plastic sheet weighing about 2kg valued at RM7,600," he said.

Megat Mohd Aminuddin said all the suspects were being held under remand for seven days from today pending investigation under Section 39B of the Dangerous Drugs Act 1952.

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v8/ge/newsgeneral.php?id=1242773

lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Six Nigerian Students Held For Drug Trafficking by Adebola02(m): 10:43am On May 06, 2016
Names please
Re: Six Nigerian Students Held For Drug Trafficking by Ramanto(m): 10:44am On May 06, 2016
No names, abi? How are we to believe they really are Nigerians?
Bad Market For Name Checkers Association Of Nairaland
Re: Six Nigerian Students Held For Drug Trafficking by dridowu: 10:48am On May 06, 2016
Ramanto:
No names, abi? How are we to believe they really are Nigerians?

Bad Market For Name Checkers Association Of Nairaland
Names will soon come out by the time they are finish with their investigation and judgement is coming up. Unfortunately , drug trafficking is capital punishment in Malaysia.
Re: Six Nigerian Students Held For Drug Trafficking by Ramanto(m): 10:53am On May 06, 2016
dridowu:
Names will soon come out by the time they are finish with their investigation and judgement is coming up. Unfortunately , drug trafficking is capital punishment in Malaysia.
Nigerian Traffickers are guided by the notion : 'A Risk Is Worth Taking If The Reward Is Justifiable'
I can't figure out why anybody should stake his life for any reasons whatsoever
Re: Six Nigerian Students Held For Drug Trafficking by j1mmy: 9:29pm On May 06, 2016
IGBOs
Re: Six Nigerian Students Held For Drug Trafficking by tyson99(m): 5:04am On May 07, 2016
This news is incomplete without names
Re: Six Nigerian Students Held For Drug Trafficking by j1mmy: 11:05am On May 07, 2016
Ramanto:

Nigerian Traffickers are guided by the notion : 'A Risk Is Worth Taking If The Reward Is Justifiable'
I can't figure out why anybody should stake his life for any reasons whatsoever

what you are trying to say is:

IGBO Traffickers are guided by the notion : 'A Risk Is Worth Taking If The Reward Is Justifiable'
I can't figure out why anybody should stake his life for any reasons whatsoever.

I can, IGBO anthem is GET RICH OR DIE TRYING

(1) (Reply)

Brutality: Young Lady Murdered And Dump Along The Road.(photo) / Alleged Murder: Three Police Officers Arrested After PUNCH Report / Bank Robbery: I Was Appointed Special Assistant Before My Arrest-suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.