Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,209 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms (3163 Views)

Is It Ok For Ladies To Carry Condoms In Their Bags? / 10 Of The Strangest Things You Never Knew About Condoms / Bizarre Facts You Didn’t Know About Condoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 06, 2016
With all the things we know about condoms, theres still so much we don’t know. Below are 7 interesting facts about condoms.

1. Condoms are not 100% guaranteed to prevent pregnancy, but not effective against all std’s- We will agree that in most cases if not all, the condom no matter how it is carefully worn still exposes some part of the penile shaft and this is where the problem lies because in most cases, the vagina secretions come in contact with this exposed region of the shaft. -This means an automatic entry of the virus from the vaginal fluid into the man especially when there is an abrasion on the penile skin. If the man also has the virus and he happens to have any form of abrasion on the penile shaft then the woman can easily contract the virus once the Uncovered part of his shaft touches the walls of the vagina.

2. During the 1600’s, Condoms were made from oiled silk paper, animal bladders, pig intestine soaked in warm milk, tortoise shells, fish skin and animal horns.

3. A condom can hold up to 4 quarts of liquid (4.404 litres). Which means that no matter the quantity of spermatozoa that is released, it can never be too big for a condom to contain it.

4. Some people are allergic to condoms, There's is no documented medical reason anywhere that explains why.

5. Condom plays a vital role in controlling the world's population, according to International Condom Day, 5 billion condoms are used every year. So wrap your head around this, If the number of people that uses condom every year should decide to stop using, what do you think would happen to Earth’s population?

6. Storing condoms in your wallet might be a great way to feel like james bond. But its also a great way to damage them. Which explains why some condoms gets damaged during intercourse.

7. A study carried out by society for health and family (SFH), revealed that most Nigerians prefer ‘the skin meet skin’ as opposed to using condoms. The study also revealed that about 80% of the 2 billion sexual activities in Nigeria yearly take place without a condom.

Culled from http://listwand.com

Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by MUVA(m): 6:54pm On May 06, 2016
I've never really been a fan of keeping condoms in my wallet. Its not classy.
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by sinaj(f): 7:03pm On May 06, 2016
Where is cutehector
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by Smellymouth: 7:04pm On May 06, 2016
Condom all the way joor!! grin

1 Like

Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by Smellymouth: 7:05pm On May 06, 2016
sinaj:
Where is cutehector

Cc: donbenedict cool
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by donbenedict(m): 7:07pm On May 06, 2016
sinaj:
Where is cutehector
shuoo whch kyn kweshion be dis.... see babe wey I dey chat wit dey ask me where I dey..
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by donbenedict(m): 7:08pm On May 06, 2016
sinaj:
Where is cutehector
besides I love skin to skin wink

1 Like

Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by possibilita(m): 7:57pm On May 06, 2016
uzoclinton:
With all the things we know about condoms, there's still so much we don’t know. Below are 7 interesting facts about condoms.

1. Condoms are not 100% guaranteed to prevent pregnancy, but not effective against all std’s- We will agree that in most cases if not all, the condom no matter how it is carefully worn still exposes some part of the penile shaft and this is where the problem lies because in most cases, the vagina secretion come in contact with this exposed region of the shaft. -This means an automatic entry of the virus from the vaginal fluid into the man especially when there is an abrasion on the penile skin. If the man also has the virus and he happens to have any form of abrasion on the penile shaft then the woman can easily contract the virus once the Uncovered part of his shaft touches the walls of the vagina.

2. During the 1600’s, Condoms were made from oiled silk paper, animal bladders, pig intestine soaked in warm milk, tortoise shells, fish skin and animal horns.

3. A condom can hold up to 4 quarts of liquid (4.404 liters). Which means that no matter the quantity of sperms that is released, it can never be too big for a condom to contain it.

4. Some people are allergic to condoms, There's is no documented medical reason anywhere that explains why.

5. Condom plays a vital role in controlling the world's population, according to International Condom Day, 5 billion condoms are used every year. So wrap your head around this, If the number of people that uses condom every year should decide to stop using, what do you think would happen to Earth’s population?

6. Storing condoms in your wallet might be a great way to feel like james bond. But its also a great way to damage them. Which explains why some condoms gets damaged during intercourse.

7. A study carried out by society for health and family (SFH), revealed that most Nigerians prefer ‘the skin meet skin’ as opposed to using condoms. The study also revealed that about 80% of the 2 billion sexual activities in Nigeria yearly take place without a condom.

Culled from http://listwand.com
OP u forgot to tell them that Condoms are made from latex,a liquid usually tapped from a tree known as Havea Brasiliansis and the mould for male condoms is the shape of a P€NIS and the condoms are produce by a technique called DIPPING technique.

1 Like

Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 06, 2016
possibilita:
OP u forgot to tell them that Condoms are made from latex,a liquid usually tapped from a tree known as Havea Brasiliansis and the mould for male condoms is the shape of a P€NIS and the condoms are produce by a technique called DIPPING technique.
I can't forget what I don't know. Thanks for telling me though.
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by pbs4real(m): 8:00pm On May 06, 2016
sinaj:
Where is cutehector
undecided
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by possibilita(m): 8:08pm On May 06, 2016
uzoclinton:
I can't forget what I don't know. Thanks for telling me though.
well uwc and havea brasiliansis is also known as Natural Rubber same material used in the production of Motor tyres.
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by HurricaneMIMZY: 8:09pm On May 06, 2016
MUVA:
I've never really been a fan of keeping condoms in my wallet. Its not classy.

Of course. One carton of condoms can't be contained in a wallet - it should be in a bag. We understand, sir. cheesy

VOTE MÎMZY AS MISS NAIRALAND 2016.

2 Likes

Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by firstking01(m): 8:16pm On May 06, 2016
Who kondom epp op?
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by sinaj(f): 8:21pm On May 06, 2016
pbs4real:
undecided
boo lipsrsealed
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by MUVA(m): 8:23pm On May 06, 2016
HurricaneMIMZY:

Of course. One carton of condoms can't be contained in a wallet - it should be in a bag. We understand, sir. cheesy

VOTE MÎMZY AS MISS NAIRALAND 2016.

LMAO! cheesy
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by ebyoma(f): 8:46pm On May 06, 2016
uzoclinton:

1. Condoms are not 100% guaranteed to prevent pregnancy

This is so true... was shocked when I found out recently that there's a possibility of a lady getting pregnant even if the guy wore condom.
it's not 100% guaranteed to prevent preg..

I think Abstinence/contraceptive remains the best in preventing unwanted pregnancy.
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by pbs4real(m): 8:59pm On May 06, 2016
sinaj:
boo lipsrsealed
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by pbs4real(m): 9:02pm On May 06, 2016
sinaj:
boo lipsrsealed
hmmmlipsrsealed Wat nums am i? Cos i knw u gat lots of husby here, cutehector numb 1tongue
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by Presbulg(m): 9:30pm On May 06, 2016
How much is condom now ?
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by emityga(m): 9:36pm On May 06, 2016
Kiss my ass angry
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 06, 2016
possibilita:
well uwc and havea brasiliansis is also known as Natural Rubber same material used in the production of Motor tyres.
yeah, since I was working with only 7, I intentionally left this one out.
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by olarhtunji(m): 10:33pm On May 06, 2016
OK what of the eyes closing facts
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by LasoulMacuby(m): 11:21pm On May 06, 2016
firstking01:
Who kondom epp op?
E Epp me if not Monica for give me syp...
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by Howinspiratic(m): 4:11am On May 07, 2016
Hope people will read this and abstain from sex before marriage?
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by Blessinzy(f): 5:53am On May 07, 2016
very correct info
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by Nobody: 6:16am On May 07, 2016
that's why we are too many in this country, some will even selectively use condom, while some guys will use for the first and second round,on the third round they throw caution to the wind and go in raw
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by Princejebs(m): 6:18am On May 07, 2016
nice info
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by sinaj(f): 7:23am On May 07, 2016
pbs4real:
hmmmlipsrsealed Wat nums am i? Cos i knw u gat lots of husby here, cutehector numb 1tongue
no o!

U my no 1 hubby kiss
Re: Some Eye Opening Facts About Condoms by pbs4real(m): 5:38pm On May 10, 2016
sinaj:
no o!

U my no 1 hubby kiss
Lol, ow body?

(1) (Reply)

I'll Cheat On My Girlfriend Because Of This Lady I Just Met / If You Are A Lady And You Can't Relate With These S*xual Problems; You Are Lucky / British Woman Marries Dog.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.