Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? (1339 Views)

Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 / 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him / Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? by bet9ja(m): 9:37pm On May 06, 2016
It's nearly a year without load shedding in South Africa as President Jacob Zuma boasting "will never experience load shedding again has it is now a thing of the past" while addressing staffs at Eskom's Megawatt Park in Johannesburg on Friday.
Zuma was flanked by a vast unforeseen of bodyguards and strategic police amid a visit to the Power utility's head office. He is relied upon to visit South African Aviation routes (SAA) later in the day.

Eskom and SAA have confronted a huge number of operational difficulties, with the previous having deflected real power blackouts and burden shedding for nine sequential months.
Amid his Condition of the Country Address, Zuma reported that administration will give backing to a scope of state-possessed organizations while additionally actualizing the changes that would make them more powerful in conveying on their commands.
Amid his visit, Zuma met with the nation's energy station administrators, visited Eskom's Incorporated Era Control Center, and tended to the parastatal's staff.

"Given the employment that I have been given in the nation to administer government, I have a system to visit organizations, towns - there is no spot I don't visit," Zuma

“I was saying to your management earlier that I am now aware that we are close to finishing a year without load shedding, and I tell people that we are not going to have it any more,” Zuma added.
"Even though I did not go to any school, I understood it. It was very articulate. I wanted to run out in the street and say we have won, and I am told that soon we will have surplus energy to sell".

Source: www.soutynews.co.za

Re: Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? by chikel2000(m): 9:43pm On May 06, 2016
South Africa d giant of Africa, Nigeria d giant of darkness n cluelessness in the world

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? by Sheenor: 10:03pm On May 06, 2016
No doubt South Africa is far ahead of us, hopefully Nigeria will catch up real quick and cement is name once and for all as the true giant of Africa. God bless Nigeria..
Re: Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? by bet9ja(m): 10:10pm On May 06, 2016
With this current "change" administration, I see no hope for Nigerians
Re: Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? by tuzeriouz(m): 10:22pm On May 06, 2016
honestly we are millions of miles away from reality. imagine a whole nation banking on about 5,000 MW when research has shown that Lagos state alone needs about 15,000 MW to drive her economic base.

1 Like

Re: Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? by Topleague(m): 11:52pm On May 06, 2016
tell your brother from the creek to stop bombing the pipeline, there can never be a good development in a place where there is no peace
Re: Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? by PureWays(m): 12:03am On May 07, 2016
We need to stop these silly comparison. Yes, we've gotten wrong right from the beginning of our democracy.
We already know that, it's high time we moved forward and stop lamenting.
Our problems are not gonna be dissolved by our rants, laments or anger. It is work that we need and every individual should take part.

Instead of criticising the government everytime, why not channel that into boasting their morale or something.

We all need a mindset that will do things, let us be positive.

No matter how slow or incompetence you may think this Present Administration is, atleast we know there is WILL to change and transform things which we've not experienced in years.

Nigeria will be great again.
Lets be Positive
Re: Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? by DaBullIT(m): 12:04am On May 07, 2016
Speak for yourself and your generation

bet9ja:
With this current "change" administration, I see no hope for Nigerians
Re: Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? by bet9ja(m): 12:45am On May 07, 2016
DaBullIT:
Speak for yourself and your generation
I am enjoying 24hours Electricity already since 4 years now.

2 Likes

Re: Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? by deluxez12(m): 6:04am On May 07, 2016
Sheenor:
No doubt South Africa is far ahead of us, hopefully Nigeria will catch up real quick and cement is name once and for all as the true giant of Africa. God bless Nigeria..
maybe in the after life
Re: Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? by oduastates: 7:24am On May 07, 2016
In spite of the militants, Nigeria is still not serious about power.
This is the problem when almost all your policy makers lawyers and accountants.
Nigeria is losing trillions of naira by not being ambitious.
Re: Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? by Lovelynature(m): 7:33am On May 07, 2016
Seems South Africa has gone really far ahead of Nigeria
Re: Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? by bet9ja(m): 3:43pm On May 07, 2016
The distance is not measurable
Re: Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 07, 2016
bet9ja:

I am enjoying 24hours Electricity already since 4 years now.

Are you schooling or citizen (PR)
Re: Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 07, 2016
Keneking:

Are you schooling or citizen (PR)

He probably went solar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jacob Zuma Boast Stable Electricity Supply... Can We Experience This In Nigeria? by 14(m): 12:31pm On May 08, 2016
Lovelynature:
Seems South Africa has gone really far ahead of Nigeria

South africa produces 45 000MW, and they are currently building 2 power stations each producing 5000MW, that means by 2018, South africa will be producing 55 000MW of power. it might take Nigeria 50yrs to reach 55 000MW. Lets not forget that South africa is highly industralized, so it needs more power to power its economy.

(1) (Reply)

Office Of The First Daughter / Buhari's 1-yr In Office:PDP Mocks Buhari And APC With Hilarious Cartoons(photos) / PHOTONEWS: SP Bukolasaraki And His Deputy ike Ekweremadu Arriving Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.