Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,499 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him (23588 Views)

Geoffery Onyeama: Why Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Over COVID-19 / Rochas Okorocha: I Am Leaving N42.5b In Imo Coffers / Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 17, 2017
South Africa President Jacob Zuma has said he was at a loss for words after a giant statue of him was unveiled in Imo state.

You recall, Nigerians were flabbergasted when everyone woke up last Saturday to a giant statue of Jacob Zuma standing tall in Owerri, Imo state.

Rochas Okorocha‚ billionaire‚ education philanthropist and governor of the Imo State‚ had unveiled the bronze statue, named a street after Zuma, conferred him with a chieftaincy title and then the highest Merit Award in Imo state during his two-day visit to Nigeria which concluded on Sunday.

According to the Imo state government, Zuma's visit to Nigeria and to the state was to “strengthen socio-economic relations and deepen cooperation in education.”

Speaking about his visit, Zuma said he was at a loss for words:

“I walked in here‚ as I say‚ as an ordinary freedom fighter. I’m leaving Nigeria‚ through the state of Imo‚ as a hero. What a decoration.”

The giant statue of Jacob Zuma in Owerri, Imo state had sparked outrage among Nigerians who, according to Okechukwu Nwanguma‚ national coordinator of the civil society Network On Police Reform in Nigeria (NOPRIN)‚ were not informed about the statue.

“We just woke up to the news of the unveiling of the statue.”

Zuma's two-day visit to Imo state happened just as South Africa's Supreme Court ruled that he should face corruption charges.

Local media reported that the cost of the humongous statue Rochas erected for Jacob Zuma was around 520million Naira -- equivalent to $1.4 million.

https://www.lailasblog.com/leaving-nigeria-hero-says-zuma-massive-statue-unveiled/

lalasticlala

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by AHCB: 8:28am On Oct 17, 2017
I wonder what went on betweeen Zuma and Okorocha. Obvious some kind of shady deal must have happened before Okorocha knowingly, yet foolishly immortalise Zuma.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Paperwhite(m): 8:31am On Oct 17, 2017
You feel a hero here because of the grandiosity of Okoroawusa while you return to face multiple corruption charges back home in S.A.I'm so ashamed that the Imo governor never take on this man as regards the senseless killings of Nigerians in his country but went all out in his foolishness to do him honour.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by IamProdigy: 8:40am On Oct 17, 2017
I still don't understand why Rocha's is trying to gain.....

For crying out loud..how many Nigerians has their statues in SA...

his doing statue...upon all the xenophobic attacks

13 Likes

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by magoo10(m): 8:41am On Oct 17, 2017
If raising your statue in imo state makes you feel like a hero ,then you have just been scammed by rochas ,it is just a matter of time the body parts of that statue will start coming down one by one.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Spylord48: 8:41am On Oct 17, 2017
I expect Zuma to erect Rochas Okorocha statue maybe in Capetown or Johannesburg since both of them don't have shame. Someone that hasn't paid workers their salary vs a president that is facing more corruption charges than ever.Our politicians are bunch of clown.I hope the Joko widdodo statue is among the 5 other statues that are yet to be commissioned.

12 Likes

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Mediapace: 8:46am On Oct 17, 2017
Chai this Okorocha sef

And pls Mr Zuma revenge or wetin be your name ??

Please don't forget to pay securities to guard that thing for you because in the next 3 day people for don steal an go sell for south Africa back and don't be shocked if you meet it erected in South Africa when you return

Hunger dey dance shakiti bobo for that area cry

7 Likes

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by mazimee(m): 8:55am On Oct 17, 2017
magoo10:
If raising your statue in imo state makes you feel like a hero ,then you have just be scammed by rochas .

Okorocha is one useless Governor that flaunt stupidity like vogue

3 Likes

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by magoo10(m): 8:59am On Oct 17, 2017
mazimee:

Okorocha is one useless Governor that flaunt stupidity like vogue
that is the kind of people zone bs celebrate just like the dullard in chief of the federal republic.

1 Like

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Ncsamuel(m): 9:02am On Oct 17, 2017
Jacob zuma already an hero in Nigeria? Whereas PMB will never be one
Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Jnutro: 9:18am On Oct 17, 2017
Hero of what exactly
Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Ladyjumong(f): 9:18am On Oct 17, 2017
Aturu grin

5 Likes

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by NaijasonEzeiru: 9:18am On Oct 17, 2017
Statue that brought and will forever bring mockery to you and Okorocha.

The statue will remain a symbol of corruption which you represent

1 Like

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by YesNo(m): 9:18am On Oct 17, 2017
If you like leave Nigeria as a FANTA.

Na you and Rochas sabi. gays

4 Likes

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Jostico: 9:18am On Oct 17, 2017
Jnutro:
Hero of what exactly

okorocha
Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by lelvin(m): 9:18am On Oct 17, 2017
Ehn! Chilled Bottles of Hero

2 Likes

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:18am On Oct 17, 2017
All hail our politician

Smh

One day dis pple go carry dis country sell
Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Nawteemaxie(m): 9:19am On Oct 17, 2017
Obviously those Imo state witches are over hyped.
But if they`re not, can you please have one 8million volt of thunder locate this bald head...? :-/

7 Likes

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 17, 2017
He was stupefy and he smirk at Rocha's hubris and stupidity.
Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Ekejoestar(m): 9:19am On Oct 17, 2017
k
Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by NGBlogger: 9:19am On Oct 17, 2017
Ok
Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by computerboy: 9:19am On Oct 17, 2017
I really weep for this country and Imolites in particular. I've always known that ALL Nigerian politicians are clueless but why this one marvels me is that Rochas claimed he was already a millionaire before 20.

How did he manage to become a millionaire when he couldn't even set his priorities right? Well... I'll have to conclude that he's doing all these wicked acts on purpose.

Now people that lost family members to xenophobic attacks in S.A. will wake up every morning with Zuma statue in their faces. If only they can assemble all Nigerian politicians in one place, I'll volunteer to go in there as a suicide bomber

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Justbeingreal(m): 9:19am On Oct 17, 2017
Even the president of the nation don't have a statue. I wonder which word can really describe this rochas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 17, 2017
Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Pavore9: 9:20am On Oct 17, 2017
Idolizing a President who ratings have gone so low because of how he has mismanaged South Africa and Okorocha who feted him believes he is still mentally healthy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Slayer2: 9:20am On Oct 17, 2017
More like a villian
Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:20am On Oct 17, 2017
Lolz. This is a case of "show me your friend and I will tell you who you are" someone facing criminal charges

Is either Okorocha does not think or he is a criminal.

That reminds me, what kind of advisers does he have Does he relate with them at all Or is he the governor and the adviser combined

Well zuma's visit is between Okorocha foundation and Zuma foundation so the statue better be built with Okorocha's money!

A serving governor having his own personal business is against the law. Imo people what are you waiting for

That deputy governor in Enugu was impeached because he has a poultry undecided

Nigerians leaders has done alot for S.A. yet nothing was built in their honour

Okorocha got this wrong and he deserves to be impeached!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 17, 2017
Ncsamuel:
Jacob zuma already an hero in Nigeria? Whereas PMB will never be one
Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by maclatunji: 9:20am On Oct 17, 2017
There's nothing wrong with the MoU that both their foundations signed. However, the over-the-top jamboree surrounding it is not good enough.
Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by Freak4achild(f): 9:20am On Oct 17, 2017
All of you are mad. Zuma, the statue and the stupid and clueless Okorocha that erected the statue, you are all mad.
Re: 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him by aysuprano(m): 9:20am On Oct 17, 2017
There is something fishy between this two
Zuma dey fhuck okorocha Or
Okorocha dey fhuck zouma

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NJC Concludes Probe Of Onnoghen, Ibrahim Muhammad Silent On Findings / Nollywood Actress Wins APC Primary / Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.