Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo (21880 Views)

Ongoing Road Construction Project In Kogi West Influenced By Senator Dino Melaye / Peter Obi Spotted On A Train In The UK By A Shocked Nigerian (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by stinggy(m): 10:08am On May 07, 2016
martyns303:
Someone should educate me, What crime did the MD commit? He's a banker, its his job to take money to keep and disburse when needed. You can't arrest a man for doing his legal duty.
For transactions above 1M for an individual or 5M for corporate organization, EFCC has to be informed (not so sure about those figures again though). It is pasted in every banking hall.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by gazmann(m): 10:09am On May 07, 2016
Keneking:

Is Diezani a corporate worker?

I dont get you. Because the source of the money is not illegal. Oil companies brought funds to support the goverment they are in allegiance with. Are you saying buharis campaign did not receive such support.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by modath(f): 10:13am On May 07, 2016
martyns303:
Someone should educate me, What crime did the MD commit? He's a banker, its his job to take money to keep and disburse when needed. You can't arrest a man for doing his legal duty.

Banks are supposed to report big transactions to EFCC/CBN/NFIU so they can ascertain that the funds are legitimate and not proceeds of crime or laundered cash.

None of the banks did, it was the INEC RECs that confessed and before you say it's PDP's campaign funds, no it wasn't... it was Tax the coys were supposed to remit to FIRS that Diezani gave them waivers on NNPC account details but asked them to give to bank MDs... Tax evasion dey wait those coys.
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by dvee2: 10:13am On May 07, 2016
martyns303:

There is a limit/regulations to transactions for which you must report to CBN otherwise it is recorded as money laundering by law.
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by olujastro: 10:17am On May 07, 2016
martyns303:
Lemme educate you. When huge amount of money is transacted in a bank: excess of N1m for an individual, and N5m for a corporate body; the bank is supposed to report such to the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit. The bank probably didn't.
Secondly, Diezani had no account with the bank but brought in $23m cash alongside funds from four oil companies for the MD to keep for further disbursements to INEC officials.
Thirdly, the MD got his share of I think...N20m for a Job well done
All these are brazen acts of corruption!
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by dvee2: 10:19am On May 07, 2016
excellentmomma:

Oh so if he left 9yrs ago the records are not there? As if currently he is not running things, Peter Obi left 2yrs ago too

No the records are there, what it means is that in between that 9 years, there is a more qualified person to prosecute that crime, and that is the immediate past president, your mentor. but he was deeply involved in corruption too. so lets catch all these current thieves first, there may be opportunity for you to catch the rest later. cant catch all the thieves at once. the good thing is that none of the people that are being prosecuted have so far denied eating yam.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by ransomed: 10:22am On May 07, 2016
Unbelievable! The former MD confessed this? I thought it was "a witch hunt" we have been decieved and scammed by Dieziani Opolo eyes. All looters shall hence forth know no peace. May God run their lives the way they ran my country. Amen!
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by otokx(m): 10:28am On May 07, 2016
The Ex Bank MD should just put his house in order, Fidelity Bank should build a new prison in Abuja so that the Ex Bank MD will be a bit comfortable in Prison ditto Sterling and Access banks.

Those 3 new prisons can be combined to one state of the art facility with a capacity for 1000 prisoners.
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by asha80(m): 10:28am On May 07, 2016
olujastro:

Lemme educate you. When huge amount of money is transacted in a bank: excess of N1m for an individual, and N5m for a corporate body; the bank is supposed to report such to the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit. The bank probably didn't.
Secondly, Diezani had no account with the bank but brought in $23m cash alongside funds from four oil companies for the MD to keep for further disbursements to INEC officials.
Thirdly, the MD got his share of I think...N20m for a Job well done
All these are brazen acts of corruption!
I am not sure if you can categorically say diezani has no account with the bank though unless you have records of all the bank acc owners
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by NaijaCuzin: 10:36am On May 07, 2016
Keneking:
Peter Obi sef embarassed

I knew that this man knows a lot about Nigeria and major mercenary for corruption in Nigeria. The full weight of the law should be metted on this character.

He met the pope, knows all the bishops in Anglican and Catholic churches in Nigeria and one some would die for in Anambra State. I am sorry, no space for nonsense this time around. You would not be spared. Wicked one. The pope won't even save you and your type.

The church should do well by refunding all the monies received in cash or kind from this "cheerful giver" immediately, otherwise, I would quit. Everything received from Fidelity Bank and Peter Obi whether through harvest, bazaar, donation, cash, lunch, breakfast, etc must be returned.

Since he is the owner of the bank and at his instruction, Okonkwo has been replaced with another puppet to cover his tracks. EFCC and CBN should just freeze the license of this bank to pave way for the full investigation of this entity.

I only knew that with time all this would manifest. This is just the beginning. Nonsense!

Obiano should be on standby, just in case.

Warning:
Quote me and I would take it personal with you and your type on this forum.
Ma don iru e wo.

Did you think of pple lives savings that are in that bank before posting rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by Super1Star: 10:42am On May 07, 2016
asha90:
General, that means in this case Obi is innocent and clean of this matter because he merely sent the bank MD to a potential customer as he did not know how much was involved before sending the MD to market Diezani. Again it was the bank MD that was supposed to turn the transaction down if he found out that the CBN regulations forbids absorbing such amount that should have been reported to CBN in line with the regulations. I think the MD should be the fall guy here!

Absolutely correct.

Okonkwo's tales by moonlight is a DOA. He is on his own.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by Meritocracy: 10:53am On May 07, 2016
martyns303:
He committed Money Laundering crime, though the money laundering is a crime for everybody but only poor punish for it.
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by Meritocracy: 10:55am On May 07, 2016
Meritocracy:
He committed Money Laundering crime, though the money laundering is a crime for everybody but only poor punish for it.
If you go to any bank you will see it on a plastic platform hanged in banking hall
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by Cuche: 11:01am On May 07, 2016
asha90:
General, that means in this case Obi is innocent and clean of this matter because he merely sent the bank MD to a potential customer as he did not know how much was involved before sending the MD to market Diezani. Again it was the bank MD that was supposed to turn the transaction down if he found out that the CBN regulations forbids absorbing such amount that should have been reported to CBN in line with the regulations. I think the MD should be the fall guy here!

Obi is not innoSaint. If you remember I appealed to all that are close associates of Obi to advise him to return just N100 Billion to Anambra State Government coffers that a time will come when most of the assets he stole will be confiscated by the Federal Government. I implored him to demonstrate his love for Anambra State if indeed any existed by not allowing Buhari to lay hold of that money, perhaps it will form part of the redevelopment of North East .
Obi wouldn't listen because he considered himself a very clever being, he went about doling a paltry 1 million naira to primary schools in Anambra and Enugu States

Imagine the name Obi would have made for himself if he had returned part of what he stole (including the money he received during Jonathan's campaign) to the State. Also, imagine where Anambra will be today in terms of development
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by nonjebose(m): 11:04am On May 07, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
Peter peter, so this is part of the reason u left APGA?
The Only Reason Dear
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by Cuche: 11:06am On May 07, 2016
nonjebose:
The Only Reason Dear
Loooool
There couldn't have been any other reason. It is all about personal gains and aggrandizement
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by asha90: 11:14am On May 07, 2016
You don't always make sense because of your prejudiced mind rubbish. Please stop quoting me with your usual arrant nonsense that does not denote any meaning!

[s]
Cuche:

Obi is not innoSaint. If you remember I appealed to all that are close associates of Obi to advise him to return just N100 Billion to Anambra State Government coffers that a time will come when most of the assets he stole will be confiscated by the Federal Government. I implored him to demonstrate his love for Anambra State if indeed any existed by not allowing Buhari to lay hold of that money, perhaps it will form part of the redevelopment of North East .
Obi wouldn't listen because he considered himself a very clever being, he went about doling a paltry 1 million naira to primary schools in Anambra and Enugu States

Imagine the name Obi would have made for himself if he had returned part of what he stole (including the money he received during Jonathan's campaign) to the State. Also, imagine where Anambra will be today in terms of development
[/s]
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by Okpueze1(m): 11:17am On May 07, 2016
Keneking:
Peter Obi sef embarassed

I knew that this man knows a lot about Nigeria and major mercenary for corruption in Nigeria. The full weight of the law should be metted on this character.

He met the pope, knows all the bishops in Anglican and Catholic churches in Nigeria and one some would die for in Anambra State. I am sorry, no space for nonsense this time around. You would not be spared. Wicked one. The pope won't even save you and your type.

The church should do well by refunding all the monies received in cash or kind from this "cheerful giver" immediately, otherwise, I would quit. Everything received from Fidelity Bank and Peter Obi whether through harvest, bazaar, donation, cash, lunch, breakfast, etc must be returned.

Since he is the owner of the bank and at his instruction, Okonkwo has been replaced with another puppet to cover his tracks. EFCC and CBN should just freeze the license of this bank to pave way for the full investigation of this entity.

I only knew that with time all this would manifest. This is just the beginning. Nonsense!

Warning:
Onuku, olodo! Eiyaaa epain uuu! Adighi asi ndo!
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by olujastro: 11:17am On May 07, 2016
asha80:
I am not sure if you can categorically say diezani has no account with the bank though unless you have records of all the bank acc owners
Many newspapers reported that she had no account with Fidelity bank.
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by nonjebose(m): 11:22am On May 07, 2016
Cuche:

Loooool
There couldn't have been any other reason. It is all about personal gains and aggrandizement
Of Course, they will always throw up other mundane reasons, but the bottomline is " yam eating things",
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by excellentmomma(f): 11:26am On May 07, 2016
dvee2:

No the records are there, what it means is that in between that 9 years, there is a more qualified person to prosecute that crime, and that is the immediate past president, your mentor. but he was deeply involved in corruption too. so lets catch all these current thieves first, there may be opportunity for you to catch the rest later. cant catch all the thieves at once. the good thing is that none of the people that are being prosecuted have so far denied eating yam.

Thank God you have agreed that your mentor is a thief. So when you select thieve to catch, you are not sincere.
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by excellentmomma(f): 11:31am On May 07, 2016
Misterdhee1:

buh he has been indicted as being part of "dasukigate" ... Even if he left 100 years ago, he will still have to answer the case..

Catch all the thieves, why only dasukigate, why not Tinubugate Amaechigate Atikugate, probe Jonathan's campaign funds, probe Buhari's campaign funds, all of them have taken money from d state, none is free, everybody knows that.
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by GOFRONT(m): 11:39am On May 07, 2016
I still the talk am
If This GEJ administration Had not been Truncated, These evil and barbaric act of looting our Money wuld not be Xposed and this ImPUNITy will Continue. Boys in my Area be Crying "No money, No money", APC govt Hard"There is enuf Money wen GEJ waz president". What money are they talkin about?? Siphoned money, Looted money Diverted money by leaders of GEJ administration. Gullible Boys n Girls.......gofront!!!
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by Mortiano(m): 11:40am On May 07, 2016
Keneking:
Peter Obi sef embarassed

My dear; why are u so pained; ur ranting is quite unfortunate; u will quit church if the fund is not returrn? And why have concluded that he is guity; people like are the real problem of this country; my dear have a forgiving heart and stop playing with bitterness because i know why u r pained::: gracias

Warning:
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by hmuhammad(m): 11:42am On May 07, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Lolz......in ipod yoots voice....''Obi is a saint''......do not trust any politheficians
cheesy cheesy saint obi the nollywood veteran
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by Cuche: 11:54am On May 07, 2016
asha90:
asha90:

You don't always make sense because of your prejudiced mind rubbish. Please stop quoting me with your usual arrant nonsense that does not denote any meaning!

[s][/s]
Look again at your post and see how much share of prejudice you had in there.
First, you claimed Saint Peter is ignorant of the amount involved and that the bank MD (errand boy of Peter) will take the unilateral decision to turn down the awoof
Then you went further to say that the errand boy should be crucified where as the Kingpin should be discharged and acquitted. But in the case of other Criminals, you will want all members of the gang apprehended.

I thought by now you should be ashamed of yourself and started recanting already all your previous posts eulogizing Mr Peter Obi as a Saint whose dwellings should not have been among Mortals
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by emorse(m): 12:04pm On May 07, 2016
excellentmomma:

Catch all the thieves, why only dasukigate, why not Tinubugate Amaechigate Atikugate, probe Jonathan's campaign funds, probe Buhari's campaign funds, all of them have taken money from d state, none is free, everybody knows that.

What would you rather have ma'am? That all the "theives" are left alone?

I think tribal and political sentiments aside, its very glaring that many people "stole" from our common wealth. If Mr. A catches all the thieves in Mr. B's camp, Mr. B will spare no one in Mr. A's camp when he gets his own chance. Bottom line, there will be mutual fear in both camps and ordinary Nigerians like you and I (I'm assuming you're not a politician) will benefit. Don't you think so too?
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by smirn(m): 1:13pm On May 07, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Account for the recovered funds so far and stop your media trials! EFCC, Hope u heard me!
See as ur sense small reach, so which money u want them to account for? When in your stupidity it has been media trial.
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by Ebukaokeke5: 3:36pm On May 07, 2016
Mr Peter Obi should be arrested,prosecuted,jailed for this corrupt practice and Fidelity Bank sealed off from operation in this country Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by kinkye: 3:44pm On May 07, 2016
Pls make I hear something .........was he the first person? Or the last mishhhhh
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by eDoc: 6:07pm On May 07, 2016
nickxtra:
I hope very soon my grand mother will not be mentioned in this mess

Who is she again?
Re: Peter Obi Influenced Fidelity Bank's Transactions With Diezani - Bank MD,Okonkwo by DaCharis2016: 11:21pm On May 07, 2016
Keneking:
Peter Obi sef embarassed

Warning:
won't the investigation hold without the license being ceased?
Bros take ya time to talk wisely

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Gbajabiamila In Saudi Arabia For Hajj / Abia Government Imposes Curfew In Aba And Umuahia Metropolis Between 10pm & 6am / Boko Haram Attacks Geidam, Yobe State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.