Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,061 members, 7,838,696 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

There Will Be No Nigeria, If You Ask Fulani Herdsmen To Leave The South East – - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Will Be No Nigeria, If You Ask Fulani Herdsmen To Leave The South East – (785 Views)

Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" / Ahmad Salkida Replies Army:'I'll Be In Nigeria If Army Provide My Flight Ticket' / No Confab Report, No Nigeria, Falae Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Will Be No Nigeria, If You Ask Fulani Herdsmen To Leave The South East – by hayzee545(m): 9:57am On May 07, 2016
A Group of nineteen Senators in Northern Nigeria have issued a communique yesterday regarding threats emanating from certain regions of the country demanding immediate relocation of herdsmen.

The Northern Senators in the communique urged governors and village head sin South-East in particular to cease from making proclamations that could overheat an already polarized
country.

Chairman of the Northern Senators’ Forum, Senator Abdullahi Adamu from Nasarawa West read a communiqueon behalf of the group. Senator said, “We appreciate the steps the federal government had taken so far to contain the problems of herdsmen/farmers clashes and call on community leaders to be careful when making statements on these ugly incidences.

“There would be no country called Nigeria, if other parts of the country asked Fulani herdsmen to leave their communities and states. We, therefore, warn everybody,
including governors to desist from making inflammatory remarks. A governor is a community leader. The only difference is that he has a label called governor.

“If you don’t mind, attacks by Fulani Herdsmen in recent times started with the West when elder statesman, Chief Olu
Falae, had some very nasty experience. It was attributed at the time to Fulani herdsmen. At the end, those people were
apprehended and they were not Fulanis.

“This thing has been going on in virtually all parts of the country today. If we now say that everybody should rise and say herdsmen should leave, we will not have a country.”

Senator Adamu, who read from. communique issued at theclose of the Northern Senators’ meeting stated the forum is determined to continue its unalloyed support for President
Muhammadu Buhari. Adamu said the body believes President Buhari will bring about an even development across the length and breadth of the entire nation.

The Senators also promised that in order to stem the rising tide of clashes between Herdsmen and farmers, the Senate would either enact or amend laws that will ensure an amicable resolution of the herders/farmers’ crisis.

Source: http://olumoonline.com/2016/05/07/there-would-be-no-nigeria-if-you-ask-fulani-herdsmen-to-leave-the-south-east-northern-senators/
Re: There Will Be No Nigeria, If You Ask Fulani Herdsmen To Leave The South East – by akp202(m): 10:00am On May 07, 2016
Does d senators think those from the southern part of Nigeria are scared of d dissolution of Nigeria? High percentage of those from d south wants it hence I will call it a welcome development if d north propose it moreover marriage is not by force

7 Likes

Re: There Will Be No Nigeria, If You Ask Fulani Herdsmen To Leave The South East – by ShinnBet: 10:02am On May 07, 2016
If a southern governor said this statement won't it be described as treason by the Yorubas?

6 Likes

Re: There Will Be No Nigeria, If You Ask Fulani Herdsmen To Leave The South East – by EasternLeopard: 10:02am On May 07, 2016
Leave the SE and SS. No grazing reserve build ranches in the North. angry

5 Likes

Re: There Will Be No Nigeria, If You Ask Fulani Herdsmen To Leave The South East – by Godfullsam(m): 10:05am On May 07, 2016
Let there be no nigeria na

BTW who nigeria epp

click like if you want this contraption called naijeria to split.

9 Likes

Re: There Will Be No Nigeria, If You Ask Fulani Herdsmen To Leave The South East – by queenoflafia(f): 10:10am On May 07, 2016
Let them leave.let the zoo seize to exist

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No Nigeria, If You Ask Fulani Herdsmen To Leave The South East – by Rapmoney(m): 10:13am On May 07, 2016
All Northern leaders, including governors, senators, House of rep members and ministers, put together, are bunch of disappointment!!! The South East WILL NEVER, and I repeat, WILL NEVER cede any of their ancestral land for grazing by some bunch of rams in human form!!! If other regions want to do that, it is their business. Let the herdsmen graze their cattle in their land! Quote me negatively and see what happens to you!!! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Will Be No Nigeria, If You Ask Fulani Herdsmen To Leave The South East – by Nobody: 10:16am On May 07, 2016
The words doesn't carry weight so far it's not coming from Lai Mohammad
Re: There Will Be No Nigeria, If You Ask Fulani Herdsmen To Leave The South East – by Ufranklin92(m): 10:20am On May 07, 2016
assholee senators
Re: There Will Be No Nigeria, If You Ask Fulani Herdsmen To Leave The South East – by Nobody: 10:22am On May 07, 2016
Lol @no nigeria, go rest abokina incase u don't know some people will be dancing shoki at the mention of that lol grin grin

2 Likes

Re: There Will Be No Nigeria, If You Ask Fulani Herdsmen To Leave The South East – by kingdompropty: 10:30am On May 07, 2016
Good to know. This will make Nnamdi Kanu's predictions come true quickly. If I were a community leader ,I will use ugbo wankpi to transport the quickly to daura. tongue

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No Nigeria, If You Ask Fulani Herdsmen To Leave The South East – by RandomVic(m): 11:23am On May 07, 2016
A welcome development In my humble opinion. Nigeria should cease to exist, the sooner the better. I smh for northerners and their skewed way of reasoning.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

PDP Demands The Release Of All Members From EFCC Detention / Chibok Girls Fraud: Chibok Parents Denies New Rescued Girl / Real Reason Why Nnamdi Kanu Cannot Be Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.