Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,796 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (3124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9174804 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3121) (3122) (3123) (3124) (3125) (3126) (3127) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:01pm On Jul 08, 2018
emmanuelike:
I am a heavy user, currently using a xiaomi device with 3,32gb, I need an upgrade to 4,64

BTW xiaomi Redmi s2 and mi max, 2 which should I go for??

Wait for the mi max 3.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shapman: 11:01pm On Jul 08, 2018
Stormyweather:
there was a part where he said something about getting a different device from the one you showed him. Can you talk about this please.
He is confused obviously. As a matter of fact, I posted pictures of the phone on this thread sometimes ago.
https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/2810#67533720

He should come here to dispute that wasn't what I sold to him.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:02pm On Jul 08, 2018
smellingmenses:
be careful
Already I am, some parts of this story are broken.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shapman: 11:04pm On Jul 08, 2018
GrandMufti:

Lol
It's normal, people tend to dive into conclusion swiftly.

PS: I rep Akure and I condemn any form of irregularities.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shapman: 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Oga what post are you referring to? Hope you read what dmedalion said? You sent him a different color than the initial agreement, you wouldn't allow him to inspect the said phone until payment was made in full. You are yet to address them.
Lol
Na wah oo
I made some posts earlier, he should come dispute my claims.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2018
Gptech:

Already I am, some parts of this story are broken.

Would be better if both parties were online to get to the bottom of things.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 08, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Wait for the mi max 3.

That 6.9" size na wa, I hate Big phones

Mi max 2 6.44" na manage, them come make this 6.99"

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:09pm On Jul 08, 2018
emmanuelike:

It would be smaller than the mi max 2 or prolly the same size but much more compact. It's 6.99" in 18:9 ratio while the mi max 2 is 6.44" in a 16:9 ratio.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Would be better if both parties were online to get to the bottom of things.
Naxo ooo.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
fibonacci2526:

It would be smaller than the mi max 2 or prolly the same size but much more compact. It's 6.99" in 18:9 ratio while the mi max 2 is 6.44" in a 16:9 ratio.

I don't think so.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 11:21pm On Jul 08, 2018
veekid:
This thread go explode tomorrow
grin
My broda grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akinsoft01(m): 11:24pm On Jul 08, 2018
shapman:

Lol
Na wah oo
I made some posts earlier, he should come dispute my claims.

Been following this for a while and it seems someone is just nagging due to his own mismanagement.

I traded with shapman over and over and not once has a client called me up to complain for a fault. All deals also pay as you go. Let this other guy come clean with is story joor. I feel the weather is affecting him most likely

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shapman: 11:34pm On Jul 08, 2018
Dmedalion:
I'll only refer to him wen next I see business offer from him on this thread

As I speak ...aside from d first buyer..even second buyer also complained ..device is at home with me..bad ba3 and screen..for some reasons I won't share chat/pictures...
But he knows himself wen he sees my message..
Picture of device he sent on WhatsApp B4 we finalized on waybilling the item wasn't same color of device he packaged and sent...now I couldn't view it at G.I.G office till his request for payment of the item was successful..since I've already taken care of the waybilling which d seller who came to me for assist didn't take care of...I had to finish d deal..after I made d transaction right in front of the G.I.G...he called and allowed them to pass me the parcel..I opened and saw a different colored Redmi 4x... Screen wasn't as cool as I mine(Redmi 4x)...infact same client that bought the device also bought my own redmi4x. Same day and time I delivered it to him..till this moment he's enjoying mine..and returned d one the seller here asked me to help him sell..so I don't think I was wrong being that nice all coz I felt it's a one family thingy here
One thing gave you away, it took you over a month to realise all this yeah?? Bad screen, bad battery, wrong color??
Let me remind you, you only got pissed on that said day cos I insisted you pay before the item should be released to you, of which I apologized after for the inconveniences. So all the while you were at gig logistics trying to convince me to instruct them to release the item before you made payment you chose not to inspect/check/verify what you about to pay for
You never mentioned all this then, after a month you came attacking.

I dare you to share screenshots of our convos, maybe you accused me and I ignored before 6th of July so the whole house can judge for themselves.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 11:45pm On Jul 08, 2018
Nsogbu will full the thread tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kings1930(m): 11:52pm On Jul 08, 2018
Stormyweather:
Nsogbu will full the thread tomorrow.
grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shakaz(m): 12:00am On Jul 09, 2018
My xiaomi redmi 5 plus screen is really acting up. Sometimes I would have to press the power button several times before the screen starts responding to touch.

It's sad that my first attempt to try a xiaomi device is ending in such abysmal mode.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shakaz(m): 12:02am On Jul 09, 2018
Moneyboyz:
Guys please help..

I was motivated to join the Xiaomi family after seeing it's specs and all testimonies about their devices and i got the redmi 5 plus through Noobody..

Now I see strange things like fake rom etc talks on the MI forum.. don't even know if the room is official or fake..

Now the main problem is my touch pad is not responding to touches.. it's not broken and didn't fall in water..

I'm so confused, don't know if this is a software or hardware problem research shows this is common among redmi users..

I.have to press the power bottom to switch on and forth the backlight etc..

Please which way forward..
Any solution yet ? Im having same issue and its frustrating.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tolu91(m): 12:16am On Jul 09, 2018
shakaz:
My xiaomi redmi 5 plus screen is really acting up. Sometimes I would have to press the power button several times before the screen starts responding to touch.

It's sad that my first attempt to try a xiaomi device is ending in such abysmal mode.

Had similar issues, you have to update your rom to get it resolved.
What version are you on?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 12:23am On Jul 09, 2018
shapman:

One thing gave you away, it took you over a month to realise all this yeah?? Bad screen, bad battery, wrong color??
Let me remind you, you only got pissed on that said day cos I insisted you pay before the item should be released to you, of which I apologized after for the inconveniences. So all the while you were at gig logistics trying to convince me to instruct them to release the item before you made payment you chose not to inspect/check/verify what you about to pay for

I dare you to share screenshots of our convos, maybe you accused me and I ignored before 6th of July so the whole house can judge for themselves.
I'm loving ds.
The more reason I quoted his msg with ur name once he dropped it for you to reply straight. I love ur daring reply, no b small

I'm here to hear both sides out and make an unbiased submission.
Let the undiluted facts n evidences keep rolling in

Abeg who get well fried 'beske', I've got some really chilled zobo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Crespodinho(m): 12:33am On Jul 09, 2018
Where can I get redmi note 5 pro in Nigeria
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ibawon(m): 12:36am On Jul 09, 2018
veekid:
This thread go explode tomorrow
And are you the one to light it up with FIRE!

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 12:40am On Jul 09, 2018
This matter don turn season film na lipsrsealed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lagosboy3(m): 12:57am On Jul 09, 2018
So I've been enjoying my Mi Note 3 4+64gb jejely.

Coming from Mi5 3+32gb, this MN3 is just the ultimate.

Only for me to notice about a week ago that the home button and recent keys suddenly stopped working. Funny thing was, that the fingerprint sensor was still flawlessly functional and long-pressing the recent key on lockscreen still activated the torch.

I was in dilemma so I submitted a bug report which is yet to be acknowledged and also combed the net for solutions to no avail.

I guessed it was a ROM malfunction therefore flashing another one could correct the anomaly. I no come get data to waste o. But the issue is resolved now sha.

Una wan know how I do am?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by youngderek1(m): 1:10am On Jul 09, 2018
emmanuelike:

Mi max 2 6.44" na manage, them come make this 6.99"
tbh max 2 is not as big as u think it is coz that's what I'm using, it's so light and damn smooth, d battery is one of a kind..I use my phone for a whole day without charging and still get about 40 something percent left
d camera is not too good tho but if u are d selfie type then S2 is ur best bet

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Moneyboyz: 2:15am On Jul 09, 2018
shakaz:
Any solution yet ? Im having same issue and its frustrating.

Yes boss, I updated my phone with a guide someone shared and it was good.. try follow similar procedure.. is it a redmi 5 plus? 4/64?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 2:29am On Jul 09, 2018
Crespodinho:
Where can I get redmi note 5 pro in Nigeria

I have 2 pieces available. Gold and black. Contact me on 08062907289.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by justinguru(m): 5:21am On Jul 09, 2018
busuyi44:

Available but I no dey Ph

Were you at...let me know if it's something we can work out
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 5:28am On Jul 09, 2018
justinguru:

Were you at...let me know if it's something we can work out
Osun. Hybrid sim adapter 1k, N300 Nipost Registered mail shipping, total =1.3k. See signature for my WhatsApp number
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dmedalion: 5:36am On Jul 09, 2018
shapman:

when u asked d guy not to give it to me
Which he neva did until called him to release after I sent d money..
(How right was that wen u asked me to help u sell something and couldn't release it to me)
At d end u sent a different rubbish from wat we discussed without my consent still made sure I paid(my mistake was I would av just simply rejected which is wat I've been doing since it happened, I'm sorry if anyone who messaged me abt device is seeing dis now..but that's d best )
As for chat
I don't av dat record anymore coz of my rom Nand all dat.
Mr Man... you think u r being wise...like I said earlier...this u will definitely face in another way ... that's all I can tell u..
It's a good thing I'm not d only who's talking abt u... someone also suspected..
Mentioning dates here won't help u..
U came to me for help
U made sure I paid with my own money
After I took care of the logistics to help both u and the buyer
Better think well coz all dat I did in trust of what has been going in this thread.....
Say wat ever u want.. I'm off this matter..

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 5:36am On Jul 09, 2018
No such issue for this end
lagosboy3:
So I've been enjoying my Mi Note 3 4+64gb jejely.

Coming from Mi5 3+32gb, this MN3 is just the ultimate.

Only for me to notice about a week ago that the home button and recent keys suddenly stopped working. Funny thing was, that the fingerprint sensor was still flawlessly functional and long-pressing the recent key on lockscreen still activated the torch.

I was in dilemma so I submitted a bug report which is yet to be acknowledged and also combed the net for solutions to no avail.

I guessed it was a ROM malfunction therefore flashing another one could correct the anomaly. I no come get data to waste o. But the issue is resolved now sha.

Una wan know how I do am?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 5:45am On Jul 09, 2018
shapman:
Whew!
Couple of mentions to deal with.

Yes, I sold a redmi 4x to dmedalion in the month of May, 31st I think. It was as described, neatly used, included extra screen guard and new pouch, device was faultless when I sent it.
To avoid stories that touch I sent it via gig logistics and instructed them not to release the device without my approval (after buyer inspects device gets satisfied and payment is made), deal was completed.

I remain in constant touch with him, even a member in two WhatsApp groups he created, then fast forward to Thursday 5th of July (a month and a week after purchase), he accused me of selling a faulty device to him, asked him what the exact issue was he didn't state, only threatening and beating around the bush.
I got so pissed cos of the way he handled the whole thing, even removed me from his WhatsApp groups, while we could have resolved it between ourselves he chose to bring it here.
I still insist I sold a faultless device to him.

Maybe he will explain better what 'hidden faults' actually means on here...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yahmaid04(m): 5:56am On Jul 09, 2018
kindredspirit:

I bought two and a fine phone case from noobody last week. I'm sure he still has in stock. Ask him.
can u post the type of case n glass pls??

(1) (2) (3) ... (3121) (3122) (3123) (3124) (3125) (3126) (3127) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.