Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9231246 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2016
vosquare:

Yea..i will port..I've been planning to

What challenges are you having with the Global Stable ROM?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aristogabby(m): 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2016
Gptech:

Oya download developer rom and save your phone from possible explosion. lipsrsealed
How do I port to developer ROM I need steps please.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aristogabby(m): 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2016
KuliMart:

Seems you have a lot of apps running in background. Enable the battery saver app.
done that. Still same problem
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2016
aristogabby:
done that. Still same problem

Even if you decide to port to developer rom, it involves downloading a new rom and wiping your phone. I'd suggest you first update your rom, do a factory reset then if the problem still persists, you can port to developer rom. Porting to developer rom is a bit complicated and there are chances of bricking your phone. You can check the miui forum for steps on how to change rom.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
40manlappy:

What challenges are you having with the Global Stable ROM?
Battery o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ametu166(m): 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2016
is it possible for xiaomi mi4 to have mtk processor?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:13pm On Oct 22, 2016
ametu166:
is it possible for xiaomi mi4 to have mtk processor?
Run ooo! Not possible.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:19pm On Oct 22, 2016
GrandMufti:

Even if you decide to port to developer rom, it involves downloading a new rom and wiping your phone. I'd suggest you first update your rom, do a factory reset then if the problem still persists, you can port to developer rom. Porting to developer rom is a bit complicated and there are chances of bricking your phone. You can check the miui forum for steps on how to change rom.
Are you sure? Porting is not complicated,I ported same way I updated to miui 8. Just download the rom and place it in a folder named 'downloaded_rom' in the internal memory of your phone. Then update using the updater app. Thats all.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:28pm On Oct 22, 2016
Gptech:

Are you sure? Porting is not complicated,I ported same way I updated to miui 8. Just download the rom and place it in a folder named 'downloaded_rom' in the internal memory of your phone. Then update using the updater app. Thats all.

No sir. Porting from stable to developer rom requires you to download a fastboot rom and then use mi flash to flash your phone. If your are already on developer rom, and you want to update, then the method you mentioned is what is used.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 7:31pm On Oct 22, 2016
Gptech:

I finally succeeded in creating MI account on my RN3!

Seems an inching closer to porting to Global Stable ROM cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2016
40manlappy:

http://en.miui.com/thread-307744-1-1.html
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2016
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2016
GrandMufti:

No sir. Porting from stable to developer rom requires you to download a fastboot rom and then use mi flash to flash your phone. If your are already on developer rom, and you want to update, then the method you mentioned is what is used.
Am telling you what i did, have never used fastboot. Though you might be correct because I had twrp recovery but lost it after flashing.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2016
40manlappy:

Congrats in advance.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:17pm On Oct 22, 2016
Gptech:

Am telling you what i did, have never used fastboot. Though you might be correct because I had twrp recovery but lost it after flashing.

Exactly what I said. You were not on global stable. You were on developer rom. Twrp is used to flash roms if you don't want to use fastboot method. Hence it was easy for to just download the rom and use updater app. But crossing over from global stable to developer requires you to flash you phone. You might even need to unlock bootloader
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2016
GrandMufti:

Exactly what I said. You were not on global stable. You were on developer rom. Twrp is used to flash roms if you don't want to use fastboot method. Hence it was easy for to just download the rom and use updater app. But crossing over from global stable to developer requires you to flash you phone. You might even need to unlock bootloader
Nope, was in global stable rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 8:28pm On Oct 22, 2016
Gptech:

Congrats in advance.

Thanks. But you and GrandMufti are confusing me o! cheesy

I simply want to port from Stable ROM to Global Stable ROM. You are becoming too technical.

I am a learner grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:37pm On Oct 22, 2016
Gptech:

Nope, was in global stable rom

What phone are you using?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:51pm On Oct 22, 2016
GrandMufti:

What phone are you using?
Redmi note 2,no bootloader ish cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2016
40manlappy:

Thanks. But you and GrandMufti are confusing me o! cheesy

I simply want to port from Stable ROM to Global Stable ROM. You are becoming too technical.

I am a learner grin
Hehehehe, relax, don't be in a hurry. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tomiwa20(m): 8:54pm On Oct 22, 2016
Gptech:

it is possible to update from stable to developer tru updater app
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:11pm On Oct 22, 2016
Gptech:

Redmi note 2,no bootloader ish cool

http://en.miui.com/thread-237290-1-1.html

The bootloader is not locked that is why you could use twrp. But for newer devices, all bootloaders are locked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:12pm On Oct 22, 2016
tomiwa20:
it is possible to update from stable to developer tru updater app
Yea, thats exactly how I switched to developer rom.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:14pm On Oct 22, 2016
GrandMufti:

http://en.miui.com/thread-237290-1-1.html

The bootloader is not locked that is why you could use twrp. But for newer devices, all bootloaders are locked
Bootloader should not affect switching from global stable to global developer. Where the issue of bootloader exists is switching from Chinese to global roms.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:06pm On Oct 22, 2016
Gptech:

Bootloader should not affect switching from global stable to global developer. Where the issue of bootloader exists is switching from Chinese to global roms.

And how do you revert back from developer to stable?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ametu166(m): 10:08pm On Oct 22, 2016
Gptech:

Run ooo! Not possible.

Pls help me confirm....its MI 4W

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 10:29pm On Oct 22, 2016
ametu166:

Bro the techies in the ouz have told u to run .... All mi4 are on snapdragin processors... And theres nothing like MI4W that u mentioned there are 3 models which is the normal mi4 ,mi4c and mi4s thats all anything apart from that is fake
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by augster(m): 10:32pm On Oct 22, 2016
ametu166:

all versions of mi4 are using SD chips
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ametu166(m): 10:44pm On Oct 22, 2016
See what I'm talking about

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:58pm On Oct 22, 2016
GrandMufti:

And how do you revert back from developer to stable?
Should be same process.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:03pm On Oct 22, 2016
ametu166:
See what I'm talking about
Everything (the font and the miui version) about the screenshot shows its obviously a clone. And you said it runs on MTK chips, right now no MTK chip runs on a clock speed of 2.5ghz as indicated in the screenshot.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:04pm On Oct 22, 2016
Gptech:

Should be same process.

No sir. Check the miui forum

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.