Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9164929 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 9:32am On Oct 24, 2016
Gptech:

Says who? There is official global stable rom for all versions of redmi note 3 , even the special edition. You just select your version before download. http://en.miui.com/download-301.html

Two questions;

-How do I know if my "bootloader" (whatever that is) is either locked or unlocked? I have read a few times on this thread that it has to be done before porting from one ROM to another.

-How do you know if a RN3 is SD (Snapdragon) or MTK version? On my phone, I have "Hexa-core Max1.8 GHz" under CPU. Is that a confirmation of SD/Qualcomm?

cc: GrandMufti, NgcoboP, Kulimart
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KuliMart: 9:47am On Oct 24, 2016
ametu166:
is it possible for xiaomi mi4 to have mtk processor?

That must be clone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KuliMart: 9:52am On Oct 24, 2016
fury123:

chk well dia is, 4 roms are on dat page

Until you brick your phone you will understand the koko.

There's no official global stable rom for Xiaomi redmi note 3 mtk version. That special edition runs on Snapdragon 650.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:35am On Oct 24, 2016
fury123:

chk well dia is, 4 roms are on dat page

Sir if you are referring to the special edition, it's for the Taiwanese market.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:36am On Oct 24, 2016
KuliMart:

There's no official global stable rom for Xiaomi redmi note 3 mtk version. That special edition runs on Snapdragon 650.

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:42am On Oct 24, 2016
vosquare:

Miui7 was d default rom,I ported to 8 even though it bricked my device and on the long run the battery has been draining and I don't like it, so I first decided to port to developer rom using update app and after doing it I had issues with contacts thinking it was d rom,I ported back to stable rom( still miui8) using the same updater app and after, d issues with contact hadn't changed so after searching and doing all what I could do, I was able to recover them from MI cloud.

I complained about battery ish and someone told me to go to developer rom which I've been trying since and also,I created a thread on miui forum about unlocking bootloader and d first reply I got was to go to developer rom. D same developer rom I used is still d same one giving me couldn't verify update package and yes I'm using xiaomi redmi note 3 mtk. All roms used are official roms from their site

If you still have a copy of the developer rom that worked, you need to do a clean install. There is a thread on the forum that shows how to wipe a phone and do a clean install.

Just relax it will worked. Read the flashing guide well before downloading the required drivers.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:02am On Oct 24, 2016
KuliMart:

Very funny, please change your browser to desktop view. There is official global stable rom for redmi note 3 mtk.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:03am On Oct 24, 2016
40manlappy:

Two questions;

-How do I know if my "bootloader" (whatever that is) is either locked or unlocked? I have read a few times on this thread that it has to be done before porting from one ROM to another.

-How do you know if a RN3 is SD (Snapdragon) or MTK version? On my phone, I have "Hexa-core Max1.8 GHz" under CPU. Is that a confirmation of SD/Qualcomm?

By default all phones starting from rn3 ,ie newer devices have their bootloader locked.

Mediatek has octacore processor, sd has hexacore.

I think mediatek has a lower mega pixle cam.. Can't really recall

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dgunnerz(m): 11:03am On Oct 24, 2016
Who can recommend a Certified Technician that can fix my MI5 (Water Damage ,Screen not responding)...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:09am On Oct 24, 2016
GrandMufti:

Oga there is no official global stable Rom for mtk. It was made for the Chinese market only. As you can see there is a rom for China Qualcomm but not China mediatek. Don't get confused.

Please change your browser to desktop view or use a pc you will see it there. Look at the screen shots and observe the different rom sizes grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:11am On Oct 24, 2016
Dgunnerz:
Who can recommend a Certified Technician that can fix my MI5 (Water Damage ,Screen not responding)...

Cc Gptech kulimart
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:11am On Oct 24, 2016
40manlappy:

Two questions;

Of course yours is the snapdragon edition, with hexa processor.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aristogabby(m): 11:15am On Oct 24, 2016
Gptech:

Yes its possible. Developer rom is the one under, click flashing guide for the steps.
http://en.miui.com/download-274.html
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 11:27am On Oct 24, 2016
GrandMufti:

If you still have a copy of the developer rom that worked, you need to do a clean install. There is a thread on the forum that shows how to wipe a phone and do a clean install.

Just relax it will worked. Read the flashing guide well before downloading the required drivers.
I've downloaded d drivers and everything that needs to be done.. U can help with the link to clean install
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adewasco2k(m): 11:50am On Oct 24, 2016
vosquare:

I don't know of any method again... Tried using flash tool,I was getting error cry

You can use this method:

http://wasconet.com/flash-rom-xiaomi-phones-locked-bootloader/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ewerex(m): 12:13pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hello house,
Does any one have this phone for sale?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bookiemart01(f): 12:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
If you need to make purchase from China for Xiaomi phones, contact me..... I can assist you make payment. My rate is a little less than black market rate

If you have an account on the Chinese site of your choice, you'll pick the phone of your choice, change your password, send me your log in details, I'll pay for you.

That way you, your item gets shipped directly to your address.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2016
Gptech:

Please change your browser to desktop view or use a pc you will see it there. Look at the screen shots and observe the different rom sizes grin

Did you notice that the rn3 pro and special edition both have 'global' at the end of their names?
Did u notice that Chinese roms don't have any word 'global' attached to their names?
Goodluck with that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2016
adewasco2k:

You can use this method:

http://wasconet.com/flash-rom-xiaomi-phones-locked-bootloader/

Sir have you by chance tried it on rn3 mtk?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adewasco2k(m): 12:50pm On Oct 24, 2016
GrandMufti:

Sir have you by chance tried it on rn3 mtk?

No! Snapdragon.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
vosquare:

I've downloaded d drivers and everything that needs to be done.. U can help with the link to clean install

Please show the screen shot of your processer
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
vosquare:

Downloaded it from d official site

http://en.miui.com/extra.php?mod=rom/download&r=301&mobile=no#440

Ok I have seen it. Can you access your phone? Because I have not flashed mtk before now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 2:05pm On Oct 24, 2016
GrandMufti:

Please show the screen shot of your processer

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 2:07pm On Oct 24, 2016
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jboynokiaphone(m): 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2016
I need fairly use note 2 if u have one pls let chat on WhatsApp 080.94.11.69.09
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2016
[quote author=vosquare post=50469722][/quote]

Your phone is OK na. What else do you want? Since you can access it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
GrandMufti:

Did you notice that the rn3 pro and special edition both have 'global' at the end of their names?
Did u notice that Chinese roms don't have any word 'global' attached to their names?
Goodluck with that
You are right, after considering the names attached to the rom, its evident there is no global stable rom for rn3 mtk for now but only Chinese rom available.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:01pm On Oct 24, 2016
[quote author=vosquare post=50469722][/quote]
Do you realize you rom is Chinese rom? The only way out is to unlock the bootloader. Changing to any global rom is actually considered a downgrade.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 3:18pm On Oct 24, 2016
GrandMufti:

Your phone is OK na. What else do you want? Since you can access it
Battery is bleeped up bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
Gptech:

Do you realize you rom is Chinese rom? The only way out is to unlock the bootloader. Changing to any global rom is actually considered a downgrade.
I've been finding it hard to unlock bootloader bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
vosquare:

Battery is bleeped up bro

Did you do a factory reset after the last update? Miui 8.0.2.0 was actually bad in terms of battery until I updated to 8.0.5.0. So for now I suggest doing a factory reset and using it for a few days.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
Dgunnerz:

Wait o.. You mean your phone didn't work again? That's sad Bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kindredspirit(m), Gptech(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.