Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,448 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9225249 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:19pm On Oct 22, 2016
GrandMufti:

No sir. Check the miui forum
Ok, will do when chanced, but no need doubting how I ported to developer, because I already did using same process. Might have to port to global just for this experiment though not now. cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 6:06am On Oct 23, 2016
Will join this thread soon thank God rate don drop to 320 smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:55am On Oct 23, 2016
Dam5reey:
Is it Gtb you plan to use? I heard someone saying the monthly limit to purchase online is $250, but popular news says its $100.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 7:41am On Oct 23, 2016
Gptech:

Is it Gtb you plan to use? I heard someone saying the monthly limit to purchase online is $250, but popular news says its $100.

Here is the trick.... On 30th i will purchase ali pocket $100 then on 1st November buy another $100... So i can buy RN3i pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 7:46am On Oct 23, 2016
Dam5reey:

Please where? Via GTB MasterCard?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 7:46am On Oct 23, 2016
Gptech:

GTB monthly limit is now $100
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aristogabby(m): 10:14am On Oct 23, 2016
Please I need a Straight reply. Can I port to Miui 8 Global dev ROM on rN2 using Updater. If yes. I need steps and links to download d ROM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scarr: 3:29pm On Oct 23, 2016
Any idea where I can get used xiaomi phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:49pm On Oct 23, 2016
aristogabby:
Please I need a Straight reply. Can I port to Miui 8 Global dev ROM on rN2 using Updater. If yes. I need steps and links to download d ROM
Yes its possible. Developer rom is the one under, click flashing guide for the steps.
http://en.miui.com/download-274.html

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 6:10pm On Oct 23, 2016
scarr:

China, India.. Russia and soo on...... Just kidding grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 9:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
Gptech:

My battery is actually stable, port to developer rom
Couldn't verify update package cry cry cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 23, 2016
scarr:
check around Nairaland n olx it's scarce though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:17pm On Oct 23, 2016
vosquare:

Couldn't verify update package cry cry cry
You used the updater app?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2016
40manlappy:

GTB monthly limit is now $100
mockery
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 10:20pm On Oct 23, 2016
NgcoboP:

mockery

Meaning? cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 10:24pm On Oct 23, 2016
Gptech:

Yh
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2016
Gptech:

I don't know of any method again... Tried using flash tool,I was getting error cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2016
vosquare:

I don't know of any method again... Tried using flash tool,I was getting error cry

What version of rn3 do you have? You can't use the same rom for fastboot method and updater method. Kenzo for fastboot method and recovery rom for updater.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2016
GrandMufti:

What version of rn3 do you have? You can't use the same rom for fastboot method and updater method. Kenzo for fastboot method and recovery rom for updater.
I think its the mtk version, he has gone through something like this before.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
vosquare:

Fast boot rom is different and always bigger in size.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aristogabby(m): 1:18am On Oct 24, 2016
Gptech:

Yes its possible. Developer rom is the one under, click flashing guide for the steps.
http://en.miui.com/download-274.html
Thanks will try as soon as possible
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 2:38am On Oct 24, 2016
GrandMufti:

Rn3 mtk.. Please link to the kenzo rom cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 2:39am On Oct 24, 2016
Gptech:

I think its the mtk version, he has gone through something like this before.
Yh cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:04am On Oct 24, 2016
vosquare:

Rn3 mtk.. Please link to the kenzo rom cry

There is no official global stable Rom for rn3 mediatek since it's Chinese. You will have to stick with the Chinese rom or use the eu rom. I'm not sure if the sd Kenzo rom will work
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:49am On Oct 24, 2016
GrandMufti:

There is no official global stable Rom for rn3 mediatek since it's Chinese. You will have to stick with the Chinese rom or use the eu rom. I'm not sure if the sd Kenzo rom will work
Says who? There is official global stable rom for all versions of redmi note 3 , even the special edition. You just select your version before download. http://en.miui.com/download-301.html
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 7:43am On Oct 24, 2016
GrandMufti:

Let me try the kenzo., please link cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:08am On Oct 24, 2016
vosquare:

Let me try the kenzo., please link cry

Oga I have never installed a rom different for my device.

I suggest you stick to the rom that worked initially for you

But if you insist, , http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=355258&extra=page%3D4&mobile=2
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:10am On Oct 24, 2016
Gptech:

Says who? There is official global stable rom for all versions of redmi note 3 , even the special edition. You just select your version before download. http://en.miui.com/download-301.html

Oga there is no official global stable Rom for mtk. It was made for the Chinese market only. As you can see there is a rom for China Qualcomm but not China mediatek. Don't get confused.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:01am On Oct 24, 2016
vosquare:
i have ported back to stable rom...still d same contacts ish

How were you able to do this and which specific rom did you use? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Please tell us the history of your phone, the initial rom, the developer rom you ported to, and the stable Rom you reverted back to. Are you sure you device is mediatek?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fury123: 9:01am On Oct 24, 2016
GrandMufti:

Oga there is no official global stable Rom for mtk. It was made for the Chinese market only. As you can see there is a rom for China Qualcomm but not China mediatek. Don't get confused.

chk well dia is, 4 roms are on dat page

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 9:09am On Oct 24, 2016
GrandMufti:

How were you able to do this and which specific rom did you use? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Please tell us the history of your phone, the initial rom, the developer rom you ported to, and the stable Rom you reverted back to. Are you sure you device is mediatek?
Miui7 was d default rom,I ported to 8 even though it bricked my device and on the long run the battery has been draining and I don't like it, so I first decided to port to developer rom using update app and after doing it I had issues with contacts thinking it was d rom,I ported back to stable rom( still miui8) using the same updater app and after, d issues with contact hadn't changed so after searching and doing all what I could do, I was able to recover them from MI cloud.

I complained about battery ish and someone told me to go to developer rom which I've been trying since and also,I created a thread on miui forum about unlocking bootloader and d first reply I got was to go to developer rom. D same developer rom I used is still d same one giving me couldn't verify update package and yes I'm using xiaomi redmi note 3 mtk. All roms used are official roms from their site
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by semid4lyfe(m): 9:25am On Oct 24, 2016
Updated my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Special Edition from MIUI 7 to MIUI 8 two days ago. . . .and I'm loving it.

Once you go MIUI, you can never use stock android or any other custom rom.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Banky94 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.