Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,564 members, 7,820,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9229369 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:25am On Oct 28, 2016
Something like this? I've not tried it. Another alternative is to connect your rn3 to a WiFi / Hotspot and turn off the mobile signal of your phone. But I think the 'block everything ' feature should work

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:37am On Oct 28, 2016
Click on the 'Add rules' option to block sms
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fury123: 9:56am On Oct 28, 2016
Gptech:

How long did it take for it to be delivered to you?
7 days. i paid $20 usd for shipping.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:04am On Oct 28, 2016
fury123:

7 days. i paid $20 usd for shipping.
Thats quite fast
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 11:06am On Oct 28, 2016
Gptech:

Okay! Just tried it now, yes you can. You can block either some calls or all calls frm coming in. Go through the dialer and right click, you'll see block list there.

Thanks a lot bro, I doff my hat for you cheesy

There are still a lot of features to explore on this phone wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 11:09am On Oct 28, 2016
GrandMufti:
Something like this? I've not tried it. Another alternative is to connect your rn3 to a WiFi / Hotspot and turn off the mobile signal of your phone. But I think the 'block everything ' feature should work

Thanks, the blocklist feature worked!

I simply activated it and put a few essential numbers on "exceptions" so that their calls and SMS can come in.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 1:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
fury123:
just acquired d xiaomi redmi pro... dope phone
If itz not much trouble for you can you give us an Hands on review, various reviews online are not encouraging atall.
I will love to know how the battery fares (SOT on heavy usage), the charging time(is it fast charge compatible?), also the camera (Anything unique), lastly how is the build compared to the Redmi Note 3.
I just have my reservation about the MTK SOCs.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:27pm On Oct 28, 2016
scotweezy:

If itz not much trouble for you can you give us an Hands on review, various reviews online are not encouraging atall.
I will love to know how the battery fares (SOT on heavy usage), the charging time(is it fast charge compatible?), also the camera (Anything unique), lastly how is the build compared to the Redmi Note 3.
Me too, am really suspicious of the mtk socs majorly in the battery department and heat generated, reviews have shown the redmi note 3 performs better, really better than the redmi pro. Also the rn3 seems to be better than the rn4 which uses similar socs (slightly different in clock speed) as the redmi pro. But again would love to see user experience.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
40manlappy:

Thanks a lot bro, I doff my hat for you cheesy

There are still a lot of features to explore on this phone wink
Yea, miui can be very addictive, there are features I haven't really tried cheesy

But this one you are blocking people's call, hope you never take people money run so? grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by FBS: 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
It seems to me that the "block sms/call" feature is a hit and miss. Sometimes it just does not work.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 3:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
Gptech:

Yea, miui can be very addictive, there are features I haven't really tried cheesy

But this one you are blocking people's call, hope you never take people money run so? grin

grin grin

I just wanted less distractions today and I didn't want to switch off the phone so that I can see my mails and chats.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:42pm On Oct 28, 2016
40manlappy:

grin grin

I just wanted less distractions today and I didn't want to switch off the phone so that I can see my mails and chats.
Its sometimes needed, its quite understandable. wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fury123: 6:47pm On Oct 28, 2016
scotweezy:

The camera is very good especially d front camera.
The phone fully charges from 0- 100 % in almost 2hrs.
The phone feels solid.
I don't have d RN3 so i can't compare dem.
The fone heats a little up to 42 C while browsing or charging.
I have played MC5 nd WWE immortals and d games where super fast. I have experienced no lagging at all.
The only problem is the lack of official global rom
The battery is very gud. i used it for up to 18hrs b4 it went off.

Overall d fone is very fast. And @ the price its a very gud
will send pics later
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dank1u(m): 9:01pm On Oct 28, 2016
fury123:

The phone feels solid.
I have played MC5 nd WWE immortals and d games where super fast. I have experienced no lagging at all.

will send pics later

Please what's your method of payment and at what exchange rate,
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fury123: 9:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
Dank1u:

Please what's your method of payment and at what exchange rate,
Thanks

paypal @ 390
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dank1u(m): 11:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
fury123:

paypal @ 390
Thanks, you are very helpful.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Feyitumi: 7:20am On Oct 29, 2016
D redmi note 3 pro is dope.....bought it less than 2 weeks ago.... Was suprised it sells for 114k on jumia.... Played immortals, ff8 and walking dead on it.... No lag @ all... Bloat ware is highly moderate as well..... And ram management is unique..... I miss my Gionee m5 plus in d camera and battery department tho..... Xo am willing 2 let it go...... Sadly!.... Accessories include charger, 2 screen protectors.... Pack and rubber pouch..... Hit me up on whatzapp or call 08123288351,price is 100k..... negotiable.... No jokers pls... Location:Sheraton, ikeja
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:22am On Oct 29, 2016
Feyitumi:
D redmi note 3 pro is dope.....bought it less than 2 weeks ago.... Was suprised it sells for 114k on jumia.... Played immortals, ff8 and walking dead on it.... No lag @ all..... Buh I ain't all 2 comfy with d miui..... Bloat ware is highly moderate..... And ram management is unique..... I miss my Gionee m5 plus in d camera and battery department tho..... Xo am willing 2 let it go...... Sadly!.... Accessories include charger, 2 screen protectors.... Pack and rubber pouch..... Hit me up on whatzapp or call 08123288351,price is 83k.....non negotiable.... No jokers pls... Location:Sheraton, ikeja

No disrespect Bro, but incurring a loss of about 60k in these hard times does not speak well. Before you buy a phone, try to read the pros n cons. Weigh your options properly. 60k loss no be beans. Even if it's chicken change to you.

My 2 cents
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 1:23pm On Oct 29, 2016
KuliMart:
How to prolong your battery life in #MIUI 8 like a pro? Here're 13 tips and tricks for you!
1. Turn off notification push from rarely used apps
2. Turn off GPS
3. Enable battery saver in Security app
4. Adjust your screen's brightness
5. Turn off vibration on press
6. WiFi settings
7. Turn off Sync
8. Turn off excessive vibration
9. Turn off auto update
10. Shorten screen timeout time
11. Use static wallpaper instead of live wallpaper
12. Keep your phone updated
13. Turn on Airplane Mode in low signal areas

If one disables all that's listed up there at once then what's the joy in using a smartphone? undecided

Anybody that's got heating/battery drain issues obviously has a faulty rom flashed. I advice you stick to only official rom releases that's not burdened with too much tinkering.
Go to the appropriate section of your device in the miui forum, read other user reviews before flashing.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2016
Gptech:

Me too, am really suspicious of the mtk socs majorly in the battery department and heat generated, reviews have shown the redmi note 3 performs better, really better than the redmi pro. Also the rn3 seems to be better than the rn4 which uses similar socs (slightly different in clock speed) as the redmi pro. But again would love to see user experience.

scotweezy:

I smile whenever I see comments such as these. I bet most of you guys having supposed "reservations" are yet to handle the said MTK phones made by Xiaomi. What I do know is Xiaomi devices are well optimized irrespective of SOC.

Well my note 3 MTK that's running Chinese Dev rom has hardly got heating, fingerprint, lagging or battery drain issues for the past couple of months, and yes it can handle anything thrown at it grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by harmbhrosz(m): 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2016
Dgunnerz:

I was beaten by the rain...I was on a bike..Had the phone in my pocket...
so why blame Xiaomi and say you won't buy their fan again?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by heroshark(m): 2:34pm On Oct 29, 2016
I just made an order for xiaomi redmi 3s pro.. On Aliexpress expecting it to arrive in a month time.... Pls anyone currently using this fone shld update me on its performance... The specs seems cool... Snapdragon....

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dgunnerz(m): 2:58pm On Oct 29, 2016
harmbhrosz:
so why blame Xiaomi and say you won't buy their fan again?
Because I contact their Support team and they didn't respond.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by harmbhrosz(m): 3:31pm On Oct 29, 2016
Dgunnerz:

it's a hardware related problem and I'm not sure it's a job for their support team, have you tried contacting Kulimart if he can help send it for repair.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by harmbhrosz(m): 3:35pm On Oct 29, 2016
Feyitumi:
D redmi note 3 pro is dope.....bought it less than 2 weeks ago.... Was suprised it sells for 114k on jumia.... Played immortals, ff8 and walking dead on it.... No lag @ all..... Buh I ain't all 2 comfy with d miui..... Bloat ware is highly moderate..... And ram management is unique..... I miss my Gionee m5 plus in d camera and battery department tho..... Xo am willing 2 let it go...... Sadly!.... Accessories include charger, 2 screen protectors.... Pack and rubber pouch..... Hit me up on whatzapp or call 08123288351,price is 83k.....non negotiable.... No jokers pls... Location:Sheraton, ikeja
which phone did you buy for 114k and wants to sell for 83k? undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2016
Dgunnerz:

They'll advice you to take it to their service center, that's if they even try to respond.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dank1u(m): 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2016
heroshark:
I just made an order for xiaomi redmi 3s pro.. On Aliexpress expecting it to arrive in a month time.... Pls anyone currently using this fone shld update me on its performance... The specs seems cool... Snapdragon....

Please how did you pay for your order and at what exchange rate.

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:02pm On Oct 29, 2016
2kurupt:

I smile whenever I see comments such as these. I bet most of you guys having supposed "reservations" are yet to handle the said MTK phones made by Xiaomi. What I do know is Xiaomi devices are well optimized irrespective of SOC.

Well my note 3 MTK that's running Chinese Dev rom has hardly got heating, fingerprint, lagging or battery drain issues for the past couple of months, and yes it can handle anything thrown at it grin
Hahaha, am typing now with the redmi note 2,same socs as yours, though I suspect you use the 32gig version. I never complained of lag, yes my phone is really fast( that's the major reason I bought it though), and I know xiaomi is good in optimization compared to many brands. Am actually surprised that you don't experience battery drain because others using the Helio x10 complain of experience such, and the heating part especially. Right now my phone is at 37 degrees, the lowest, I have seen is 32 degrees and it can easily get over 40. The only rom I haven't tried is Chinese roms but 1 thing is certain, the battery and heating issues have never been good at any time no matter the rom I used, even tried the 'Bule' custom rom that was supposed to be good with battery.

Before I forget the temperature is acting normal now because I just updated some hours back, I know what to expect from tomorrow cry

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:06pm On Oct 29, 2016
Feyitumi:
Bros this your price sha. shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
fury123:

The phone feels solid.

will send pics later
Nice, and thanks for the review, the heating part just confirmed my fears with the mtk x20 socs, not surprised.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by heroshark(m): 5:25pm On Oct 29, 2016
Dank1u:

Please how did you pay for your order and at what exchange rate.
Thanks
I paid using FGB MasterCard United Arab Emirateds......... The currence is dirhams which exchange for 87 naira per AED
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yubiman(m): 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2016
heroshark:

I use a redmi 3s prime. I got it from kulimart about 3weeks ago. Its a good phone. I've had no issues so far.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.