Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9232738 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:51pm On Mar 22, 2017
Nochious123:

Bro i understand its nt cheap o bt very better than here own, search for unlocked iPhone 6 u will see the first shop na i go try wen am ready sha,RAINBOW is the name of d store
Ok, thanks boss.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
Nochious123:

Bro i understand its nt cheap o bt very better than here own, search for unlocked iPhone 6 u will see the first shop na i go try wen am ready sha,RAINBOW is the name of d store

Check the Item conditions, only buy new not refurbished or used beware check descriptions ask seller questions lipsrsealed

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 10:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
Gptech:

Ok, thanks boss.

grin... lipsrsealed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 10:56pm On Mar 22, 2017
Gptech:

The note 3 pro is a beast, could easily be converted to a flagship. It is the loudest Xiaomi I have heard through headphones.

thanks boss. Wil surely give a revew 1ce it lands next week
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 10:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
OmichaelO:
hehe. You will enjoy it bro .
thank u oga mi

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nochious123(m): 10:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
Dam5reey:

Check the Item conditions, only buy new not refurbished or used beware check descriptions ask seller questions lipsrsealed

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
Dam5reey:

grin... lipsrsealed
tongue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:04pm On Mar 22, 2017
ubev01:

thanks boss. Wil surely give a revew 1ce it lands next week
We dey wait o. wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vickfrankjnr: 11:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
Holuwaxheun:

I see u boss. Thank God u are finally here

u can get xiaomi redmi 4a.

Welcome to the Xiaomi thread.
Prerequisites:
-A GTB and Access Bank account enabled for internet banking. Other banks eg Stanbic, FCMB etc work but you'll be charged at a higher rate.
(You'll need 2 accounts because your order is above $100 and due to the forex crisis banks limit forex transactions to $100 monthly. FYI GTB charges ₦320/$ and Access Bank charges ₦325/$)

Note that the monthly limit is every calendar month, meaning that you can use your $100 on the ending of one month and by the next day you can use the monthly limit for the next month.
For example, you can use your March limit on the 31st of March and by 1st April you get to use your allotment for April without waiting for 31st April.

Prerequisites: 
-An AliExpress account
-Aliexpress app on your phone (new members get coupons)
Activating Your Card For Internet Transactions
Have you paid for stuff online before, whether Nigerian or international sites?
If no then you'll have to activate your card for internet banking.
For VISA card you'll need to go to your bank's ATM(I hear you can use any ATM) slot in your ATM and insert your PIN.
Then select "Change PIN"
You'll see a "Change I-PIN" button, click on it.
Now insert your I-PIN (something easy to remember but hard to forget)
For added security use a different pin from your usual ATM pin so if one is compromised the other is safe.
The I-PIN is the PIN you'll use to verify the transaction if you want to buy things online.

For MasterCard eg GTB's MasterCard, you'll have to go to the branch and fill a form to enable internet banking.

Funding AliExpress Pocket
Download the app, create an account.
On the My Account tab on the app you'll see My AliExpress Pocket, click on it and fund your AliExpress Pocket with about $100 (if $100 doesn't work at once then select it in multiples eg $20 * 5 or $50 * 2)
Search for the device you want to buy select buy now, you'll see an option to use your AliExpress Pocket, tick it.
Then use your other ATM to complete the transaction.

About Appeals:
You don't have to appeal before you fund your AliExpress Pocket.

Sometimes people are told to appeal for security reasons, to verify you're the owner/handler of the card, mostly when you use a card that isn't in your name to fund the pocket.
In that case you'll be told to upload a picture of the ATM card(you can block out some numbers for security purposes), identification (eg passport, voters card, birth certificate [don't know if they still collect these], or international passport), and a recent bank statement of the account you were told to appeal.

After 3-5 business days the details will be verified and you can use that card (that doesn't bear your name) to fund your pocket in the future without hassles.

Item is pre-advised
If you ship via NL Post when tracking the first stage is "item is pre-advised" and it can stay that way for up to 2 weeks, you contact NL Post and they say they haven't got your item.
Do not panic, you most likely haven't been scammed or given a fake tracking number.
What pre-advised means is that the seller has contacted Netherlands Post and have advised them that a parcel is coming their way, that they should expect to receive it. The parcel will then be processed by their sorting centre, pass the checks and then finally be dispatched to the destination country. 
Your package will go from China to the Netherlands first before it is ultimately shipped to Nigeria.
Even though the pre-advised stage can be long and frustrating, it doesn't usually last for more than 15 days and when it does get to the Netherlands the shipping is quicker and your item should reach you by the next week!

About Collection:
The package will be delivered to the nearest post office and you'll be notified by the post office (either by call or text, or they'll bring a slip to your house) that you have an item waiting for collection at the post office.
You might be charged a ₦500 "handling fee" upon collection of the item.
Happy buying!

#Copied
As I have mentioned earlier that I already subscribed for Access bank Internet banking services via username and password login and the suggestion of compulsory Atm cards involvement. Please note that both accounts are linked together with one Internet username. 1. Now that I have successfully activated my new cards (two) with a four digits Pins, do I still need a second pin "i pins" the 5 digits pin as suggested above for change of i pin before I would be able to fund my pocket. 2. Since both cards are mine, do I have to appeal on either or both cards.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lambotee(m): 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2017
IKON360:

U r gradually making me lose interest in note 4x but you will not succeed, xrn4x all the way
No difference between 4x n 4 SD
just 2 4g band difference, they both used the same global rom… check Rom download i en.Miui.com
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 11:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
Gptech:

Hehehe,my phone na king of java ooo, I dey multitask sef, just like symbian. Also 3.5G is supported, na only typing dey hard.

I don't have Ur 2nd number, 2moro is Thursday
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 12:08am On Mar 23, 2017
Gptech:

U better nr lose interest, so long u are in 9ja, both phones na dsame.
Chief I heard the phone dey get issue with Whatsapp bricking the phone.
I might buy the phone, but that is worrying. sad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:41am On Mar 23, 2017
Elxandre:

That would be the redmi note 4 MTK.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 1:13am On Mar 23, 2017
vickfrankjnr:

As I have mentioned earlier that I already subscribed for Access bank Internet banking services via username and password login and the suggestion of compulsory Atm cards involvement. Please note that both accounts are linked together with one Internet username. 1. Now that I have successfully activated my new cards (two) with a four digits Pins, do I still need a second pin "i pins" the 5 digits pin as suggested above for change of i pin before I would be able to fund my pocket. 2. Since both cards are mine, do I have to appeal on either or both cards.
1. Yes, since it's a Visa card you'll need to set the I-PIN.
That's what you'll use to complete online transactions.

2. You may have to appeal on the cards even if they are yours.
Your mileage may vary though; I have never had to appeal any of my cards, same as some people here.

Just make sure you have the required items for appeal in case you need it.

PS You mentioned you have two cards, what is the second?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saxby(f): 1:28am On Mar 23, 2017
Their phones are good but I still prefer Tecno
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sapienman(m): 1:38am On Mar 23, 2017
The gtbank MasterCard authentication page is back online.

Thanks guys.

Cc noobody
Cc princetom1
Cc udemzy101

Thank you guys.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sapienman(m): 1:53am On Mar 23, 2017
saxby:
Their phones are good but I still prefer Tecno

Hi Saxby, you've gotta be one hardcore tecno fan. smiley

Well, take it from me: Tecno is absolute trash compared to a top phone company in the world like Xiaomi.

Why do you like Tecno so much though? Easy access to parts?

Well that's easy for Xiaomi too. In this world of globalisation, with the knowledge and ability to shop online, you can get anything to anywhere in the world. grin

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 1:58am On Mar 23, 2017
rookidmart:

1. Yes, since it's a Visa card you'll need to set the I-PIN.
That's what you'll use to complete online transactions.

2. You may have to appeal on the cards even if they are yours.
Your mileage may vary though; I have never had to appeal any of my cards, same as some people here.

Just make sure you have the required items for appeal in case you need it.

PS You mentioned you have two cards, what is the second?

What is this ipin you guys keep mentioning,when I ordered I didn't see anything like ipin o,or is it that 3digits number at the back of ur debit card?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jorhney(m): 2:02am On Mar 23, 2017
mehn Gtb dey piss me off sha , opened an account since last week tuesday was told that ill get my details under 76hrs undecided haven't gotten shii till now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 2:16am On Mar 23, 2017
vower:

What is this ipin you guys keep mentioning,when I ordered I didn't see anything like ipin o,or is it that 3digits number at the back of ur debit card?

Nah, that's the CCV.
IPIN is for Visa cards, maybe you're using a Mastercard.
It's like an ATM PIN but for online transactions.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 2:19am On Mar 23, 2017
Guys is there any difference apart from the screen size between xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon version and xiaomi Redmi 4 pro? Am tired of 5.5inches I need something smaller.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 2:21am On Mar 23, 2017
rookidmart:

Nah, that's the CCV.
IPIN is for Visa cards, maybe you're using a Mastercard.
It's like an ATM PIN but for online transactions.

I used diamond bank card,don't really know if it's visa or masters,but am pretty sure it's visa,the only numbers I used were the numbers at the back of the card,I also did it with uba masters card,so this ipin is confusing me o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:19am On Mar 23, 2017
jorhney:
mehn Gtb dey piss me off sha , opened an account since last week tuesday was told that ill get my details under 76hrs undecided haven't gotten shii till now
Sorry for d inconvenience. Kindly tweet at them via @gtbank and @gtbank_help to complain if you cant go to d bank, and be rest assured, it'll be resolved in no time.

@vomer: diamond bank card? At what rate per dollar? Your card is likely to be mastercard. Confirm as it's written on d card and there's logo for each.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dasanchez1(m): 5:24am On Mar 23, 2017
vower:

I used diamond bank card,don't really know if it's visa or masters,but am pretty sure it's visa,the only numbers I used were the numbers at the back of the card,I also did it with uba masters card,so this ipin is confusing me o
you mean diamond bank card was used to fund AliExpress pocket?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:35am On Mar 23, 2017
princetom1:

I don't have Ur 2nd number, 2moro is Thursday
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:39am On Mar 23, 2017
Elxandre:

Yea,only the mtk version has such report, and I think it has to do with the vendom rom installed, not the phone itself.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:44am On Mar 23, 2017
vower:
Guys is there any difference apart from the screen size between xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon version and xiaomi Redmi 4 pro? Am tired of 5.5inches I need something smaller.
Yea screensize, plus redmi 4 prime's capacitive keys have no illumination.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 7:09am On Mar 23, 2017
sapienman:
The gtbank MasterCard authentication page is back online.

Thanks guys.

Cc noobody
Cc princetom1
Cc udemzy101

Thank you guys.

U no dey sleep? Wetin 100 usd limit go cause ehn grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 7:14am On Mar 23, 2017
vower:

How did u do these 2 banks and at what rate?
We need other banks to join o, and hopefully we can get more than 100 usd limit soon
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:03am On Mar 23, 2017
vower:

a lot has happened in the banking sector since you ordered your last item.

As of today, only gtb and access works.

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.