Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9175680 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jidobaba(m): 8:04am On Mar 23, 2017
Holuwaxheun:

About Collection:
The package will be delivered to the nearest post office and you'll be notified by the post office (either by call or text, or they'll bring a slip to your house) that you have an item waiting for collection at the post office.
You might be charged a ₦500 "handling fee" upon collection of the item.
Happy buying!

#Copied
The Ikeja post office have started this bad habit of not calling or texting anymore when my parcels arrive.
Does anyone know if this "handling fee" is official or not? Because I intend to stop paying it immediately. Nonsense.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 8:11am On Mar 23, 2017
fibonacci2526:

That would be the redmi note 4 MTK.
oh... didn't know there was an MTK 4X.

thanks
Gptech I see you. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wheezyoung(m): 8:17am On Mar 23, 2017
saxby:
Their phones are good but I still prefer Tecno
good choice... Enjoy your tecno let others enjoy theirs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 8:18am On Mar 23, 2017
Who uses 4X here?
What's the charging time?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by itunity007(m): 8:22am On Mar 23, 2017
A.m guys any update on nipost
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:28am On Mar 23, 2017
jidobaba:
The Ikeja post office have started this bad habit of not calling or texting anymore when my parcels arrive.
Does anyone know if this "handling fee" is official or not? Because I intend to stop paying it immediately. Nonsense.

You should be grateful they are using their personal mobile phone to contact you. As their landlines are not functional, they have every right not to call you. After all they are just working for the government. The handling fee is official if your item exceeds a certain weight.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jidobaba(m): 8:43am On Mar 23, 2017
GrandMufti:

You should be grateful they are using their personal mobile phone to contact you. As their landlines are not functional, they have every right not to call you. After all they are just working for the government. The handling fee is official if your item exceeds a certain weight.
I always assumed that the call credit was provided by NIPOST.
Anyway that is not even the koko. The handling fee, if it's legit at what weight? I will find out today. We need to be clear and discourage 'riba'. Just like the $100 collection for first time Int'l travelers at MMIA. Na so e start. How can an item be shipped from across the globe free of charge, but when it gets to Nigeria you are made to fork out #500 naira. It's the principle of the thing. Not right.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:50am On Mar 23, 2017
jidobaba:

You'd have to pay an handling fee of #500 if your parcel exceed 0.50kg.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vernalsage(m): 8:53am On Mar 23, 2017
GrandMufti:

No, they aren't using their personal mobile to call you. Yes, I asked.

They only call for particular items, not all.

Also, some of the items are actually meant to be delivered to our doorsteps by the postman (at least that's what happens in other countries) so we're actually doing them a favour by going to collect it at their office.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:01am On Mar 23, 2017
vernalsage:

No, they aren't using their personal mobile to call you. Yes, I asked.

They only call for particular items, not all.

Also, some of the items are actually meant to be delivered to our doorsteps by the postman (at least that's what happens in other countries) so we're actually doing them a favour by going to collect it at their office.

Well I've been receiving sms and calls from a personal number. I even saw the lady calling someone with her phone. Samsung for that matter and she used her family picture for her whatsapp grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:02am On Mar 23, 2017
Elxandre:

oh... didn't know there was an MTK 4X.

thanks
Gptech I see you. cheesy
The Redmi 4x is snapdragon, we meant that the bricking problem was reported only for the mtk version of Redmi note 4.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vernalsage(m): 9:10am On Mar 23, 2017
GrandMufti:

Well I've been receiving sms and calls from a personal number. I even saw the lady calling someone with her phone. Samsung for that matter and she used her family picture for her whatsapp grin

In the post office I use, I either get an SMS or a phone call depending on the type of package I'm expecting/collecting. The SMS postman is different from the woman that calls. I have both their personal numbers.
I suppose NIPOST issues them SIM cards and recharges the lines accordingly.

Regarding charges, I've only paid 100 or 200 but mostly for small packages.
It seems they're charged by weight and it seems official because they always insist I collect receipt.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abubanty: 9:11am On Mar 23, 2017
Came across this Hybrid Double Dual Sim Card Adapter for those that want to use 2 Sims nd SD card.

Its on Alieexpress.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 9:11am On Mar 23, 2017
Am tired of 5.5inches I need something smaller.[/quote]

wen man pikin dey find sometin biger dan 5.5, u dey find somethng smaller. U must havd a realy smal hands b dat. Anyway, choice is 1 of d beauties of life. Enjoy bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 9:14am On Mar 23, 2017
Gptech:

The Redmi 4x is snapdragon, we meant that the bricking problem was reported only for the mtk version of Redmi note 4.
Yeah I understand sir.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 9:16am On Mar 23, 2017
Abubanty:
Came across this Hybrid Double Dual Sim Card Adapter for those that want to use 2 Sims nd SD card.

Its on Alieexpress.

How will this work for Xiaomi with its slot besides it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:16am On Mar 23, 2017
ubev01:
Am tired of 5.5inches I need something smaller.

wen man pikin dey find sometin biger dan 5.5, u dey find somethng smaller. U must havd a realy smal hands b dat. Anyway, choice is 1 of d beauties of life. Enjoy bro

Na you born am? grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by davit: 9:19am On Mar 23, 2017
jidobaba:

The official part there is when your parcel weighs above 500gramme.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 9:23am On Mar 23, 2017
This is how it works.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abubanty: 9:28am On Mar 23, 2017
Elxandre:
This is how it works.

Thank you for explaining further
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 9:32am On Mar 23, 2017
GrandMufti:

a lot has happened in the banking sector since you ordered your last item.

As of today, only gtb and access works.

Not entirely true. FCMB is 420.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 9:33am On Mar 23, 2017
Abubanty:

Its on Alieexpress.

Not cool. It sticks out of Ur phone as if u carrying shits around

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abubanty: 9:44am On Mar 23, 2017
princetom1:

Not cool. It sticks out of Ur phone as if u carrying shits around

LOL...U go use phone casing to cover am, if the person really needs it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 9:51am On Mar 23, 2017
Elxandre:
Who uses 4X here?
What's the charging time?

On average, approximately 3hours from flat to full.
By estimate tho.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 10:00am On Mar 23, 2017
Abubanty:

LOL...U go use phone casing to cover am, if the person really needs it.

Naa, will pass. I love simplicity.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vickfrankjnr: 10:02am On Mar 23, 2017
rookidmart:

1. Yes, since it's a Visa card you'll need to set the I-PIN.
That's what you'll use to complete online transactions.

2. You may have to appeal on the cards even if they are yours.
Your mileage may vary though; I have never had to appeal any of my cards, same as some people here.

Just make sure you have the required items for appeal in case you need it.

PS You mentioned you have two cards, what is the second?
Same Access bank and visa also, only one is current the other savings
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 23, 2017
Abubanty:

Its on Alieexpress.

Cool.. I'll get this device immediately my appeal is sorted out.. Just clip it to the back of your smartphone and cover it with the pouch..

Dreami store just reduce the xiaomi 4A price from $89.99-89.79
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:04am On Mar 23, 2017
princetom1:

Not entirely true. FCMB is 420.

Ok. But dollar is now 400. I hope all these banks revise their rates and if possible remove the $100 limit
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:06am On Mar 23, 2017
Elxandre:
This is how it works.

I guess you made this video? wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ebubemg(m): 10:22am On Mar 23, 2017
GrandMufti:

I guess you made this video? wink
he got the pictures from AliExpress
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mayorall(m): 10:46am On Mar 23, 2017
hay2zed50:

Bro, any hope of you getting any 10,000mAh soon ? solo5, or sense 6 or any

Not now sir. better to buy romoss polymos 20 20,000mah or romoss sense 6 plus lcd 20,000mah at #10,000 than buying 10,000mah a #8000 sold by some sellers.

send us whatsapp message 07066435369 or mail our sales department sales@mayorall.com
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nadalion: 10:48am On Mar 23, 2017
princetom1:

send to bensontomson@yahoo.com
I sent you an email, have you seen it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.