Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9171639 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6386) (6387) (6388) (6389) (6390) (6391) (6392) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bloooody(m): 6:46am On Nov 29, 2019
genius43:

No ads here bro.
Oh sorry.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 6:48am On Nov 29, 2019
muyibabs:

This is different from the normal ambient display on AMOLED screens. This one only displays while charging and it's a feature of google assistant.
You can actually use that features call AOD on ur phone now tho, even wen u're not using OLED Screen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2sign: 6:53am On Nov 29, 2019
Kennyflyair:

congrats to you! Any custom fees attached?
No, just 5h post office charge. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jaywalker04(m): 7:08am On Nov 29, 2019
paradigmshift:

font name
Moby Youth
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:10am On Nov 29, 2019
Lemon12:
Guys on my Rn8.

If I try to make call it takes time for the dialer to load and the call to go.
Like if I click on a contact and then call, it freezes for some seconds before going through.
Sometimes 20secs, 30secs, or even 1min.

This could embarrass me one day if there is an emergency or someone want to use to phone and make call.

Backup your call logs/ contacts and clear cache/storage of dialer app

Or revert to stock theme and reboot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:10am On Nov 29, 2019
Bloooody:
Will redmi 8 be getting the android 10 update?

Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jaywalker04(m): 7:15am On Nov 29, 2019
Samsimple:
I'll buy the xiaomi redmi 8A this weekend.. I dont want to regret it because i know what i went through to save up. I was convinced by this thread to abandon those infinix and techno phones.. Please someone using redmi 8A should tell me some of its good and bad features(if there is any).. Is it good for gaming(thinking of installing pes)
Well, it's good for gaming, perfect even, for the price. The phone is a lot, if you ask me. Performance is great, again, for the price. Miui is dope and I just love it. The only real con you might notice, as I have, this past couple of days, is the lack of fingerprint, and that is, if you're coming from a phone with fingerprint. You might find your finger reaching to the back of the phone unknowingly, for fingerprint unlock grin. But, it's a worthy device overall. You can't go wrong.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 29, 2019
mindtricks:

Reminds me something like this.

Lol

All these wrong assertions
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 29, 2019
Samsimple:
I'll buy the xiaomi redmi 8A this weekend.. I dont want to regret it because i know what i went through to save up. I was convinced by this thread to abandon those infinix and techno phones.. Please someone using redmi 8A should tell me some of its good and bad features(if there is any).. Is it good for gaming(thinking of installing pes)

The Redmi 8A is good.

But if your money is up to 37k. I would have advised you to go for the Samsung Galaxy A10 not A10s. You will not regret it bro. Because I really think you need quality . Something that will last for a long time. And it's not Amoled but the screen quality is better and brighter than most LCDs. And on the bright side you wont spend much changing screen.

#TheSamsungrepresentativeontheXiaomithread
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bloooody(m): 7:40am On Nov 29, 2019
GrandMufti:

Yes
When exactly pls?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Babaheekmat: 7:42am On Nov 29, 2019
paradigmshift:

na so dem go talk...
a friend of mine uses a techno camon, that phone is dope.
battery management is top-notch...

Everything is just scam except for Huawei and IPhone.

Am using xiaomi Mi Max 3. 4gig 64gig. I see nothing special. Was using Infinix note 3 before.

The only reason i go for this phone is big screen and ba3 life.

It's good as xiaomi revolutionize our smart phone market. Phones don cheap

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Babaheekmat: 7:43am On Nov 29, 2019
ikhalyfah:

I've used infinix note 4 and believe u me that fone is a beast!
I'm typing from it right now, 25months and still going. I'm just getting another phone cos lately I've got some money and i dont wanna useless the money!
My family are going to continue using my infinix and let me see how many more months it has in it!

Na so my man..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eby001(m): 7:52am On Nov 29, 2019
KngGezy:

The Redmi 8A is good.

But if your money is up to 37k. I would have advised you to go for the Samsung Galaxy A10 not A10s. You will not regret it bro. Because I really think you need quality . Something that will last for a long time. And it's not Amoled but the screen quality is better and brighter than most LCDs. And on the bright side you wont spend much changing screen.

Another misinformation about display tongue

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nanorest: 8:11am On Nov 29, 2019
How do I download gcam for redmi 8a
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shegun010: 8:11am On Nov 29, 2019
Please guys I have a question. I'm not in town and I'm expecting a package from AliExpress. Can someone go check the post office for me to see if it have arrived? And can someone also pick the package up for me??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:22am On Nov 29, 2019
Bloooody:

When exactly pls?

Next year
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 8:26am On Nov 29, 2019
John131:

Someone offered android TV.
Personal, I feel this hdmi device has more varieties of uses than the android TV, and will be quite cheaper
I have not handle both though, but I think I am more inclined towards the hmdi stuff. With both, one does not necessarily need a smart TV

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheggsliveth: 8:30am On Nov 29, 2019
Please someone should drop the link to install gcam on redmi 7...just formatted my phone need to setup my gcam again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 8:30am On Nov 29, 2019
eby001:

He didn't say it's AMOLED though but then I don't understand the "brighter than most LCD" cos if it's the same A10 I saw with someone, then that's a big fat lie! We know Samsung make quality phones but there's no point feeding people lies abeg.

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:35am On Nov 29, 2019
Una still get time for that clown.... Leave him alone.

When he is tired he will remember the road that leads him home

14 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:36am On Nov 29, 2019
Meanwhile RN8/R8 GCam update

From the stables of Parrot043 or Bulkin043

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog866/

Cc: Jboixxx

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xynerise: 8:38am On Nov 29, 2019
I want to get a Xiaomi phone. How do I know a Global version?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:41am On Nov 29, 2019
xynerise:
I want to get a Xiaomi phone. How do I know a Global version?

Where are you getting the Xiaomi phone from?

Global Version is always inscribed on the carton and it(carton) comes sealed in a nylon

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xynerise: 8:42am On Nov 29, 2019
genius43:

Where are you getting the Xiaomi phone from?

Global Version is always inscribed on the carton and it(carton) comes sealed in a nylon

Ok, thanks sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 8:43am On Nov 29, 2019
"When the grass is cut, the snakes will show" - Jay z (2002)

grin

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:45am On Nov 29, 2019
xynerise:

Ok, thanks sir

But you didn't answer the question where are you buying from?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:52am On Nov 29, 2019
genius43:
Meanwhile RN8/R8 GCam update

From the stables of Parrot043 or Bulkin043

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog866/

Cc: Jbo.ixxx
Updated
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:53am On Nov 29, 2019
2kurupt:

grin
grin grin. Don't turn yourself to 2Pac o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 8:53am On Nov 29, 2019
eby001:

Outright lies you mean. Since showing up on this thread that dude has been lying through his teeth.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maverickdude(m): 8:55am On Nov 29, 2019
KngGezy:

The Redmi 8A is good.

Do you use redmi 8A? If your answer is no, you had no business answering him angry

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 29, 2019
genius43:

What failed is the default on RN8?
default call app yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 9:00am On Nov 29, 2019
2kurupt:

grin

Lmao grin grin

Very subtle talk bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6386) (6387) (6388) (6389) (6390) (6391) (6392) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.