Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9282480 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6387) (6388) (6389) (6390) (6391) (6392) (6393) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ziyech(m): 9:01am On Nov 29, 2019
KngGezy:

The Redmi 8A is good.

But if your money is up to 37k. I would have advised you to go for the Samsung Galaxy A10 not A10s. You will not regret it bro. Because I really think you need quality . Something that will last for a long time . And it's not Amoled but the screen quality is better and brighter than most LCDs . And on the bright side you wont spend much changing screen.

#TheSamsungrepresentativeontheXiaomithread

Are you mad??

18 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xfuzzy(m): 9:06am On Nov 29, 2019
genius43:

Check your settings, you set your Google settings to work on only WiFi

I don't think the issue is WiFi sir, there was a day I tried to connect using my sister's WiFi, it still didn't work.. But if it turns out to be the Google setting you talked about, how do we effect the change sir?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:07am On Nov 29, 2019
Lemon12:
default call app yes

I meant dailer
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:08am On Nov 29, 2019
Xfuzzy:

I don't think the issue is WiFi sir, there was a day I tried to connect using my sister's WiFi, it still didn't work.. But if it turns out to be the Google setting you talked about, how do we effect the change sir?

Check the settings first and tell me what you see. But if you can backup your files, I would suggest a factory reset
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WHITELIGHTER: 9:08am On Nov 29, 2019
Black Friday

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:09am On Nov 29, 2019
WHITELIGHTER:
Black Friday

Nice deal

Did you apply the Friday10 coupon code
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eby001(m): 9:17am On Nov 29, 2019
genius43:
Una still get time for that clown.... Leave him alone.

When he is tired he will remember the road that leads him home
I'm not gonna reply his numerous rants, I'll just be puncturing his bloated egoes/lies.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eby001(m): 9:18am On Nov 29, 2019
WHITELIGHTER:
Black Friday
link boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xfuzzy(m): 9:20am On Nov 29, 2019
genius43:

Check the settings first and tell me what you see. But if you can backup your files, I would suggest a factory reset

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WHITELIGHTER: 9:25am On Nov 29, 2019
genius43:

Nice deal

I didn't use either the 10 or 15dols promo code
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mark9854(m): 9:38am On Nov 29, 2019
KngGezy:

The Redmi 8A is good.

But if your money is up to 37k. I would have advised you to go for the Samsung Galaxy A10 not A10s. You will not regret it bro. Because I really think you need quality . Something that will last for a long time. And it's not Amoled but the screen quality is better and brighter than most LCDs. And on the bright side you wont spend much changing screen.

#TheSamsungrepresentativeontheXiaomithread

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:40am On Nov 29, 2019
Xfuzzy:

Why did you restrict mobile data for Gmail?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:42am On Nov 29, 2019
Xfuzzy:
Please help guys, I don't have access to Google services anymore on my Redmi 5A for the past few months, though I notice that whenever I'm connected to my school WiFi, everything returns back to normal. I've not been able to login on Google Playstore, YouTube, Gmail.. The funny thing is, I have 4 email accounts on my Gmail, but I'm only able to connect to one of them which is my yahoo account, the rest are Google accounts and they won't connect... And I really need to things running on my phone using these apps, so please help guys.. I'd really appreciate, thanks.

Clear cache/storage of Google play services. And manually download the latest
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xynerise: 9:46am On Nov 29, 2019
genius43:

But you didn't answer the question where are you buying from?

When I return I will buy from Slot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by salvo583: 9:55am On Nov 29, 2019
I'm waiting to hear from the buyers of Pointek's RN7 Black Friday sales... I don send money sef give person is the 29k sales flash is true
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xfuzzy(m): 10:02am On Nov 29, 2019
GrandMufti:

Clear cache/storage of Google play services. And manually download the latest

I just did all of this, I even cleared all data, cleared all updates and manually downloaded the latest. It's not working still
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 29, 2019
eby001:

Another misinformation about display tongue

The processor on the A10 is far better than that on the 8A. And I wouldn't argue about the screen brightness with you. When I had it, I compared it with other midrange devices in its price range And the difference was over clear

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:06am On Nov 29, 2019
Xfuzzy:

I just did all of this, I even cleared all data, cleared all updates and manually downloaded the latest. It's not working still
Rebooted?

Connect to WiFi and update system apps or update your phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shegun010: 10:07am On Nov 29, 2019
Shegun010:
Please guys I have a question. I'm not in town and I'm expecting a package from AliExpress. Can someone go check the post office for me to see if it have arrived? And can someone also pick the package up for me??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xfuzzy(m): 10:10am On Nov 29, 2019
GrandMufti:

Rebooted?

Connect to WiFi and update system apps or update your phone

My phone is up-to-date, I use MIUI 11 on Oreo.. All my system apps are updated too. Let me take screenshots of my about section

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 10:11am On Nov 29, 2019
I have never recommended a Samsung phone on this thread

Moments later: Samsung Galaxy a10's display is better than most LCD's. Buy an A10

Classic.

26 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:11am On Nov 29, 2019
Xfuzzy:

Remove mobile data restrictions from all of them. You did it with your own hands.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tidedroid: 10:12am On Nov 29, 2019
braimeddy:
I have actually played heavy games like PUBG mobile on my RN8, it does not lag and I even minimize games like space marshals 2 and sonic dash to see if playing PUBG it will lag, but nothing of such. I'm just loving my RN8
and the mi a3 will almost double that performance bcoz of its low res screen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xfuzzy(m): 10:14am On Nov 29, 2019
genius43:

Remove mobile data restrictions from all of them. You did it with your own hands.

It's not as if those apps are not working ohh, my YouTube is working but I can't sign in to my account. Gmail is also working because I use my yahoo mail seamlessly without issues. It's the Google accounts that won't connect, none of them is working.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:19am On Nov 29, 2019
Xfuzzy:

It's not as if those apps are not working ohh, my YouTube is working but I can't sign in to my account. Gmail is also working because I use my yahoo mail seamlessly without issues. It's the Google accounts that won't connect, none of them is working.

Clear storage/cache of all Google apps and reboot. You can try another network
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2019
Trex4:
I have never recommended a Samsung phone on this thread

Moments later: Samsung Galaxy a10's display is better than most LCD's. Buy an A10

Classic.
U sef get time grin.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by braimeddy: 10:24am On Nov 29, 2019
Mi a3 is too big. I don't like big phones as such
tidedroid:
and the mi a3 will almost double that performance bcoz of its low res screen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 10:26am On Nov 29, 2019
He could even apply the friday15 code since his order is still in excess of 150USD

genius43:

Nice deal

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 10:31am On Nov 29, 2019
kallmemrB:
wetin happen ooo
you asked for a link
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 29, 2019
genius43:

I meant dailer
the dialer does not go immediately I call
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Folahanmi19(m): 10:40am On Nov 29, 2019
Someone should send me link to the best earbuds on aliexpress abeg, i want to enjoy the black friday too �
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:40am On Nov 29, 2019
braimeddy:
Mi a3 is too big. I don't like big phones as such

You call less than 6.1" big in this era of big screen craze?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6387) (6388) (6389) (6390) (6391) (6392) (6393) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.