Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,512 members, 7,850,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:38 AM

Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ (2658 Views)

Photos: Presidential State Car Being Prepared For The Inauguration Ceremony / Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) / Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by BigB11(m): 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2006
An article from the new. It is very interesting, check it out

Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For IBB’

18th November

E.J Agbonayinma is a USA-based businessman and politician. A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), he was at last national convention of the PDP. He is a well known political associate of General Ibrahim Badamoise Babangida (IBB). In this interview granted our Assistant Editor, Iyobosa Uwugiaren, Agbonayinma spoke on the presidential ambition of IBB, the event that led to his picking the PDP nomination form, how the decision has changed the political equation of the country. He said the nation needs a strong character like IBB to quickly arrest the socio-political and economic crisis currently threatening to tear the country apart. And said that the Aso Rock is being prepared for IBB to take over on May 27, 2007.

What is your take about the decision by General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida (IBB) to pick the presidential ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)?

It is the moment we all have been waiting for years. Now that he has picked the form, I can tell you that it is the beginning of the victory for his presidential ambition and a victory for Nigerians who have long been waiting for high national quality leadership in the country. Honestly, we are very happy. I am now in Nigeria; I came with my friends from United States of America, you know I stay in US.

I have been living there in the past 21 years but we are now in the country to ensure that come May 29, 2007, our principal- IBB becomes the next President of this country. That is our major assignment and responsibility for now, and by the grace of God, we shall succeed. You witnessed what happened at the PDP National Secretariat, the day IBB picked his form; it was very amazing, people came from across the country to witness the event, in support of IBB’s ambition. I am short of words to describe what happened on that day; but we are very happy that at last, he has responded to our request to enter the presidential race.

While you are expressing joy over the decision by IBB to enter the race, there are people out there who are asking: What does IBB really wants?

It is expected. There would always be some people, who for their selfish political reason or other reasons would express different views. But we are happy that those who are expressing happiness over our principal’s recent political moves are in majority.

Politics is a game of number. The minority will have their say but the majority will always have their way.

Look, we need IBB to rescue the country form the imminent political crisis that is about to tear the country apart. And that is why over 300 associations are out there explaining to both international community and Nigerians why IBB must be President of Nigeria in 2007; if we want to save this country from the danger that is staring in our face over the Niger Delta crisis, we need strong character and experienced person like IBB to save the situation. And I can tell you that the Aso Rock is being prepared for IBB.

Picking the form is one thing but winning the party’s presidential ticket is a serious matter. What makes you think IBB will win the primary election? There are many aspirants who are also working assiduously to get the ticket.

Our principal, IBB is a very tactical and

intelligent human being; before he picked his form he may have done his home work very well; for picking that form alone means a lot to many Nigerians; before now people were doubting whether he will pick the form or not. But now that he has picked the form, some mischievous persons are saying he might not fill the form; some are saying he might return the form to the PDP; some people are even saying the PDP might disqualify him from contesting the primary election.

But all I know is that since IBB picked his form, the political calculations by politicians towards 2007 general elections have changed for the better.

Some people are saying he might be disqualified from contesting the election. Do you entertain such fear also?

I think we have gone past that stage now.

Disqualify him for what? On what basis would anybody disqualify him? IBB? Forget it. Our principal has not committed any sin; the constitution is very clear on who can contest election in our nation; we must play the game by the rules and constitution. We know what we want; we know what the nation wants and we are working very positively towards it. We know the pretenders and contenders in the presidential race; we know those who are lobbying for Vice President in the name of contesting for presidency, buying chieftaincy titles all over the country, squandering public funds for his political ambition that will never come to pass; we know them. Of course, we respect their right to aspire to any political position in this country and we wish them good luck.

You appear to be very passionate about IBB and I know you have been in the business of wanting him to contest the Presidency of this country for a long time. What do you see in him?

When I was growing up, my father used to tell me not to judge people by their physical appearance but by what they can do and what they have done. I have done my home work about IBB; I have thoroughly assessed him and came to a final conclusion that he is a man of integrity, a man of honour, a man who strongly believes in the unity of our nation, a man who treat people equally, no matter where come from. He is a very kind and lovely person. He does not relay with you on the basis of your religious or tribe. You need to move very close to him to know the kind of person he is. Some people might have some thing against him; it is normal; he is a human being. He is not perfect.

It is only Almighty God that is perfect. But he stands tall among few good people. He is the best choice for the presidency in 2007; we don’t have option within the context of the socio-political and economic problems we have on ground. IBB is the right person we need to solve the problems. We work for President Olusegun Obasanjo in 1999 because we believed he was the only person then that could hold the country together. No matter what some people are saying about him, he has been able to carry out that assignment.

Now, at this critical moment of our democracy, we honestly need IBB; if we sincerely need to sustain our democracy, we need IBB to do that Job.

You are part of his campaign team. What has been the response of people in those places you visited?

The responses have been very tremendous. Let me tell my experience in Osun State, when we went there for the wedding ceremony of Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola’s daughter. When I saw the huge crowd that came to receive Babangida at the airport, I was shocked; I could not believe it because before then, I had the wrong impression that the people of South West don’t like him for allegedly annulling the June 12 election. But it is not true. I tell you, across the country, Nigerians love Babangida. IBB is a good man.

You talked about the fact that very many organisations are clamoring for IBB’s for Presidency. Are you not sure they are doing so because they believe he has so much money to throw around during election?

I don’t believe that because I am in that situation too. What most of us are doing is for the interest of our country, using IBB as a rally point.

Sincerely, I tell you the man means for this country.

[b]If you see the people that come to his home state, Minna every day to consult him on different issues, you will be amazed. It is not about how much he has but his sincerity of purpose. Imagine somebody who left office many years ago and still be receiving such crowd in his house on a daily basis then, something must be special about him; something must be unique about him. For example, my friend and I are not supporting him because of money; we have been fighting his course over the years and we don’t expecting him to give use money. Let me tell you the truth, in America, where I have stayed for 21 years, it is the people who raise money for their candidates. So the issue of supporting IBB because they want to get money from him doesn’t arise at all. It is about time Nigerians stop asking their country what it can do for them; they should be asking what they could do collectively and individually for their country. We must support the candidate of our choice morally and financially. Because if any candidate spends huge amount of money on voters to get their mandate, he will definitely collect that money back when he or she gets to office and it is our society that suffers. Let our conscience guide whatever we do politically if we want our nation to move forward. Babangida is my friend and I am committed, loyal and supportive to his course[/b].

There was a recent report that IBB has inaugurated his state coordinators but there are some organizations that are also committed to the project of IBB who said they were not put in the picture as far as the inauguration was concern. What happy?

I have read about the same issues. Personally, I am not aware that IBB has inaugurated the state coordinators of his campaign organisation. I know for sure that on the day he picked the nomination form, he met with some groups in the Niger State House in Asokoro, Abuja and thanked them for their consistent support and requested them not to relent in their efforts until the battle is won. I don’t think that event amounted to inauguration. I will like to appeal to those aggrieved groups to continue to work, IBB is an open-minded person; he knows those who are working for his course and at the appropriate time he would recognize them. IBB does not forget his friends and that is why many years after he left office all those who worked with him as Ministers, Special Advisers and others are still with him.

The last ward congress conducted by the PDP is currently tearing the party aside. As a member of the party, don’t you think it will affect your party, especially when the party is moving towards the presidential primary?

I don’t see a serious problem in the PDP; in politics, there is no perfection, there is no perfection in humanity; we continue to admit our mistakes and making deliberate efforts to correct those mistakes. It is part of human nature. Yes, people are complaining about the outcome of the last congresses but the party’s leaders have set up the Babatope-led committee to resolve the problems. It is expected that the committee will look into different issues raised.

Voter registration is very crucial to 2007 general elections. As at today, many people have not been able to register as a result of many problems the Independent National Electoral Commission {INEC} is facing. As a stakeholder and politician, aren’t you not worried?

I don’t have course to be worried for now. In fairness to the INEC, the commission is trying its best, considering the huge population and complexity of our nation. We should be patience with the commission and allow it to carry out its assignments

Many people said they have not witnessed issues-diven campaign as the nation moves towards 2007 general elections. Is that the ideal thing in politics?

[b]What is happening in Nigeria is different from what I am used to in US. Democracy is all about the people; it is a game of numbers but in a situation where one person decides who gets what in our nation’s politics is undemocratic, it is not a normal political process.

And we must deliberately make efforts to discourage it in our politics. We should try and educate ourselves about what democracy is all about; we should watch out for aspirants and candidates who address issues not people who go to political rally to dance to melodious tune of musicians. That is not what we want. They should tell us how they intend to solve our educational, power sector, and roads problems. They should tell us how they intend to create job opportunities, solve health problems and others. We expect those aspiring to the National Assembly, State House of Assembly, Governorship and Presidency to tell us their programmes not going to rally and start dancing. Dancing? Is that what they want to do if they are voted into office? They should tell the market women, farmers, teachers and the poor what they have for them if they are elected. So I will like to advise Nigerians to look out for those who have good manifesto and programmes, not politicians who dance on television.[/b]
What qualities do you advise the electorates to look out for in a candidate?

They should watch out for experienced politicians, politicians who can promote unity and stability in our country, people who are focused with good political strategies. There was a time in this country when we were looking for a person who could hold this country together and the lot fell on Obasanjo. We still need the continuation of that. Today, the country is further polarized and we need somebody who can hold the center together. And among all the presidential aspirants now, it is only IBB that can do that job for us. Let us not make the mistake less we regret our action. We need somebody who understands the problems of the different ethnic groups in our country.

[b]You were one of those who received Mariam Babangida when she came to U S for a ceremony, at least it was reported by some media that you were there. Media reports had it that she was disgraced at the event. What informed that action?

Let me tell you, some people and journalists are very mischievous. Mariam Babangida came to the US; I received her along with my friends; what I later read in newspaper was very shocking and embarrassing. The woman was not only overwhelmingly received but the U S Congress gave her an award for her humanitarian services. Anybody that said Mrs. Babangida was disgraced did not only mean well for himself or herself but the journalism profession as whole. The ceremony is on tape, we have pictures taken at the ceremony and the event was given wide publicity in the United State of American. Babangida and his wife mean well for this country and journalists should exercise their professional ethics in reporting them; it is not fair to deliberately fabricate stories because you want to attack Babangida and his wife. We should fear God.
[/b]
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by BigB11(m): 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2006
Correction: The article is from the news, I did not make it up.
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by buchio7(m): 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2006
Even if you did not make it up it still doesnt change the fact that it is utter gibberish coming from a nobody, it was a very embarrasing attempt by the guy to promote "HIS PRINCIPAL"
Dont be decieved ibb wont be the next president of nigeria
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by Jaybaba(m): 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2006
Do u see how this guy blatantly tells to our faces the kind of party PDP is & the kind of policy it will play out. Can you imagine an evil genius like IBB having campaigners with such passion. I just do not know how it is possible for people to loose their conscience and not be concerned about it.

Can you imagine him asking Nigerians from whom his principal stole their mandate and all other things especially joy "not to ask the country what it can do for them but what they can do for her."

It was John F. Kennedy who made that statement. There is no connection between that statement with a Nigerian state that has been battared BLACK/COAL by IBB/ABACHA, BUHARI/OBJ. So because some sycophants go to Minna daily, you now assume we have no sense of history nor have we any outlook for the future.

Nigeria needs something new and vibrant. We need change as it is the only constant thing in life. IBB has been a coup plotter from the biggining and in case BigB1 and his wicked IBB supporters do not know (it is a crime against our polity). IBB ran down the economy making it difficult for us to even survive which brought about a mass drift of professionals to foreign lands. IBB annulled a free&fair election. There is no other sin worse than that. That a people should line up under a hot scorching sun on June 12 1993 to be fools. Oh boy, u better take time.

IBB was a soldier nearly all his lifetime meaning that he was a salary earner. Where did he raise money to own as much as he does today. The market women may have forgotten or have become indifferent and that is why we are where we are today.

Nigerians beware of IBB. I hear some churches are planning to start prayers against IBB's return. This is good. I am not only in support of that. I am asking alllll Nigerians to pray that this evil omen should die tonight so that we can celebrate like we did at the death of his co-hort Abacha.
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by zexyworm: 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2006
Just give it up, IBB was disqualified by both PDP and EFCC. The statements are coming out soon.

IBB belongs in Kirikiri, he will be the next Alamiyeseigha in shackles grin
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by BigB11(m): 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2006
Folks, no need to get too hot about this topic. This is democracy, we all have rights to support any candidate. Let us remain focused and allow our votes to determine the next president.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by lewa(m): 12:18am On Nov 19, 2006
Biggie i'm waiting!
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by BigB11(m): 12:43am On Nov 19, 2006
Waiting for what by Shabarank '92 album

LEWA: I'm not sure if you've been told that Big B1not scared of anybody or any topic, hence I will never be scared of you or your question. And please do not think that I've been avoiding you or your question because that is definitely not the case, my friend.

Now, I will appreciate it if you could go ahead and express you question clearly,

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by lewa(m): 4:29am On Nov 19, 2006
Mr man meet me on the Marwa thread, incase you've forgotten,you have some explanation to do. Enough of this ignorance!
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by Ndipe(m): 11:03am On Nov 19, 2006
Big1, what makes you think that IBB has a noble implementation/ideas for Nigeria, when his regime was one of the worst of its kind in Nigeria when he was the president? Have you heard of the saying, "Trick me once, shame on you, trick me 2x, shame on me".

No Nigerian with their right faculties, would give this man a chance.
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by kitaun(m): 12:42pm On Nov 19, 2006
Bloody bollocks! dìdn't IBB himself make way for Baba Iyabo fresh from jail, did OBJ win the elections against Falae? Truth be said, none of us wanted him to rule but alas till now he rules, only God can stop Ibb, lets stop being myopic, the script is written just as Obj was imposed on us, moreso Ibb remains the most respected leader we had, what we need cos of the unripeness of our democracy is a leader that knows he is under heavy scrutiny and would want to redeem mistakes of the past, ibb might just be the man
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by BigB11(m): 1:34pm On Nov 19, 2006
Wake up, guys!

FACT:IBB has a-lot to lose this time around. He's under microscope and he can not afford to mess up. He will utilize all his resources and skill to make things right this time.

The system is corrupt, the culture is corrupt; any other leader apart from IBB (new generation leader or old school) will steal, period.

If you're smart, you need no more information to get it.
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by BigB11(m): 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2006
Wake up guys!

At this point I do not see any promising presidential candidate available to us. It is sad, but it is the fact.
Recently Mr Duke was in North to campaign for the 2007 presidential election and he was chased out of the region like a thief. IBB on the other hand could go to Mr Duke's home town at any day at any time to do thesame thing with out any problem.
It is clearly impossible for IBB being chased out of any where in Nigeria under any circumstances. This is called respect and this is the type of leadership that will make an immediate positive impact in Nigeria.

Guys, Nigeria at this point is very fragile and the last thing we all want is an amateur boy scout to lead us.

Also keep in mind that all these folks are politicians, our system is corrupt and our culture is also corrupt. The candidates are playing the same music, and at the end of the day they've done nothing for us, but accomplished wealth for selves, their friends and their families.
Please be smart and don't be brainwashed; everyone of them is corrupt. It doesn't matter if their states are clean as Paris, they are all corrupt.

Futhermore it doesn't matter, old school or new generation, the fact remains the same. They are all filthy with scatological intention.

Again, IBB on the other hand knows that the world is watching, he understands that there is absolutely zero tolerance for failure this time around.
I can assure you that he will not steal, I can assure you that he will use all his resources and skill to reform this country back to Giant of African. IBB can not afford to mess up this time, trust me.
He is extremely desperate for success this time around.
It is confirmed that he is most well respected individual in Nigeria by majority, this also gives me an assurance that governors and other high government officials under his regime will think twice before stealing.

Folks, think systematically, this is a great opportunity to change things around for ever in Nigeria. Let us take advantage of it. Stop rehashing, forget the past and let's move forward.

Even GOD, the greatest forgives and gives second chance.

Just Remember this slogan
IBB has a-lot to lose this time around. He's under microscope and he can not afford to mess up. He will utilize all his resources and skill to make things right this time.
The system is corrupt, the culture is corrupt; any other leader apart from IBB (new generation leader or old school) will steal, period.

May God bless Nigeria
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by McKren(m): 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2006
@Big B1: you are in a lonely island I am sorry for you. The case of Donald meeting violence in maidugiri is not about his person its about a strugle between PDP and ANPP over the control of the state.

Does it not suggest something to you that of all the 16 presidentail candidates who went to pick the PDP form only that of IBB called for a protest by people in abuja.

I dont know what your motivation over supporting IBB is, but I am so convinced that soon the picture will be clearer to you that the man belongs to the past. He is unfit to be president, he destroyed all that democracy stood for.

Only God knows how guys like you think you will succed,

WASU under the leadership of Daniel Onjeh with a membership base of 60million students are planning a protest match against him.

Pronacco under Anthony Enahoro is mobilizing the civil society against him.

Nothern coalition for democracy (the group who swiftly protested his picking the PDP form, a fact which accounted for his leaving the PDP secrtariat through the back door) is launching a nationwide campaign against him starting from his backyard MINA.

PDP has set a screening panel under the leadership of Publicity secretary John Odey to screen him out.

Gani Fawenhinmi is compiling his sins using the Okigbo report, Dele giwa etc to challenge his candidature at a court of competent jurisdiction. Of course you and I know what that means to INEC screening giving section 308 of the Nigerian constitution.

He also has EFCC/ICPC to contend with during INEC screening, no need to emphasize what the man NUHU RIBADU (The Giovanni Falcone of our time) of our time will make of him.

Most of all millions of Nigerians are out their petitioning his case to GOD.

Big B1 if you think we will fold our arms and wait for election time so that IBB will go and swindle the votes of naive people in our rural areas, especially in the North. Then you are underestimating the precedence of justice over your so-called democracy.

There is nothing democratic about IBB taking part in elections, cos he destroyed all democracy stood for. We will not wait we will be both proactive and pre-emptive.

Why has he chosen to make himself an obstacle to public desire, once upon a time he was an obstacle to democracy today he is making himself an obstacle to generational change.

IBB does not command the much power he had as military head of state, if we could chase him out of office then with all his security outfit, we can easily stop him now that he is just one man hidding in a prison yard somewhere in mina.

He is a disaster and a threat to National security.
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by McKren(m): 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2006
What resources and skills does IBB have that he wants to offer Nigeria.
Stollen wealth and being part of virtually every successful coup in the history of our nation are just the perculiar things he has.

I dont know what you are after BigB1 but for me and many other Nigerians those are not the qualities we desire our president to have in 2007 Nigeria.
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by BigB11(m): 5:08pm On Nov 19, 2006
IBB has a-lot to lose this time around. He's under microscope and he can not afford to mess up. He will utilize all his resources and skill to make things right this time.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by Jaybaba(m): 5:12pm On Nov 19, 2006
God forbid o! God forbid!
It is not something anyone imagined. Nigerians with flexible conscience. Nigerians without a conscience. Someone said John G. Holland in fact
God give us men, a time like this demands men whom the lust of office cannot buy
men whom the love of money cannot corrupt.
Men who possess a will and men who
cannot lie.

Take a stand and make a mark cause one who stands for nothing will fall for anything.

IBB stood for falsehood (he kept making handover promises he never fulfiled). He kept running the economy down & was proud about it. IBB is very unrepentant & proud about his annulment of the June 12 election. He does not even believe he should apologise to us. There is a current scheme they are cooking up now. Know what it is? They want to tell us what hideos character Abiola had which is why they did Nigeria a FAVOUR by preventing his presidency. No matter what wicked level faculty of reasoning pro IBB supporters/campaigners have it will never work nor do this country any good.

I advise people to be on the look out for such manipulation. Election rigging has begun already. (Voter registration not goin on) I'm afraid. The script that played OBJ in made sense and besides the PDP truly won 1999. It was 2003 that nobody won the presidential. A runoff was supposed to have been used.

It makes sense for OBJ to have won cause he handed over as promised to a democratic government of the people. It makes foolish thinking for IBB to return cause he never fulfilled his promises & was pain in our necks/arses.

IBB stepped aside not for Nigeria's progress but to rest & come back whenever he saw fit. But ye evil IBB suporters must hear this. We have retired you from your rest and sentence you to eternity without mercy.
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by McKren(m): 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2006
who ever comes on here should visit

www.againstbabangida.com

then u will get a clearer picture.
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by Ndipe(m): 10:40pm On Nov 19, 2006
IBB plundered our economy, thereby destroying kinship, who remain seperated in two continents, surving to make ends meet, made a mockery of the judicial system of Nigeria, bankrupted our future with incessant closure of colleges, while some of his children schooled abroad, abandoned Nigeria, while spending money like water on installing ECOMOG in Liberia. And yet, we want to give this man a chance? As the saying goes

"Those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it". Lets not give this man a chance to rule Nigeria.
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by mowapa(m): 3:10am On Nov 20, 2006
HERE IS YOUR ANSWER:

IBB’s presidential ambition is disastrous’

Chief Gani Fawehinmi (SAN) says former military president Ibrahim Babangida’s presidential ambition is not only an exercise in futility but also an affront to Nigeria, in this interview with Emmanuel Ukudolo, in Lagos. Excerpts:

IBB has picked his presidential nomination form. People are rooting for him and he appears set for the Villa. What do you think?

IBB does not have the credentials to be the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria for several reasons. By virtue of Section 137(1i), anybody who has been indicted for embezzlement, for fraud by any commission of inquiry, by any administrative panel of inquiry set up by the federal government is disqualified.

What panel are you referring to?

In 1994, a panel was set up under the leadership of Dr. Pius Okigbo. One of the members of the panel is the present Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Chief Ufot Ekaete. This panel reported on the 29th of August 1994 in a 352-page document. In chapter seven of that document, IBB was accused of mismanaging by corrupt means US$12.4 billion of our windfall as a result of the Gulf War. He set up spurious accounts and awarded spurious contracts on behalf of the federal government of Nigeria without contract documents.

Instead of putting the money accruing from the windfall in reserve of Nigeria abroad, he did not do that. He did not put it in our Federation Account. He created spurious accounts and he was the only one authorizing. He even went to the most abysmally horrible extent of buying television sets for $11.4 million and all sorts of things categorized in chapter seven.

By decree in 1987, he set up MAMSER (Mass Mobilization Social Justice, Self Reliance and Economic Recovery), headed by Professor Jerry Gana. He pumped into it N8 billion, the result of which we know. He set up Directorate of Food Roads and Rural Infrastructure (DIFRRI); Nigeria lost N32 billion, and then the strength of our currency. When Babangida came to power, N1 was fetching one dollar and 40 cents. By the time Babangida left office in August, 1993, he had destroyed our currency. Nigeria was then using N36 to buy just one dollar, a reversal of fortune.

But some say Babangida had no option under the circumstances he met at the time than to introduce currency devaluation and the other economic policies he initiated…

Babangida inherited from Buhari on the 26th of August 1985 20 kobo per litre of petrol. In the eight years Babangida was there, he increased the pump price five times and ended up at 70 Kobo. Do you want to talk about how Babangida made Nigerians mere spectators of the economic activities of the country instead of being participants? Interest rates rose abysmally to 25 and 30 per cent to take loans from the banks.

In March 1992, Babangida further destroyed our currency and economy by devaluing our currency by 100 per cent. At that time, they should have known that there would be devaluation so they scooped billions at the expense of the ordinary Nigerian people.

There are also insinuations that Babangida’s association with the deaths that occurred during his regime is mere allegation that is yet to be proved

Babangida killed more people than any other regime in the history of this country. Murder was his stock in trade. Do I have to start with Vatsa and co.? Do I have to mention Dele Giwa? Dele Giwa was assassinated for investigating Gloria Okon’s connection in respect of drugs with his wife, Miriam. He had to resort to the murder of Dele Giwa. I have fought that battle for years. I am still fighting that battle. Very soon, I will be in court.

Do you think Babangida had a hand in the Ejigbo Hercules plane crash?

In 1992, do you remember what he did with the Hercules C-1 Air Force plane when 145 innocent, young, dynamic, prospective military leaders were massacred, when they took off from the airport? Babangida called them here for training in Lagos and they were set up. They took off here and ended up at Ejigbo. They suffocated to death. Young officers.

What is your view on the Babangida political transition agenda?

The man transited for eight years, he transited to no destination. He set up a transition programme and amended it 32 times in a period of eight years and ended up scuttling it with annulment of the June 12 presidential election, the fairest and freest election in the history of this country.

But his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), does not seem to have any problems with his qualification for the 2007 polls.

The declaration he made that day that he wanted to contest as president was a declaration of disaster.

If by hook or crook he becomes the flag bearer of the PDP in the presidential election, never, I repeat, never will that man be the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, because Nigeria will be thrown backward. God will not want him. He destroyed us once; he will never be given the opportunity, by the grace of God, to destroy us.
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by zexyworm: 8:50am On Nov 20, 2006
IBB PSYCOPHANTS / PUPPETS

GET A LIFE !
[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by maxxdjinx(m): 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2006
History has proved that to a large extent, leadership in the African continent[with just a few exceptions] has suffered from mis-application of principles. Every MAN who steps up to vie for any political post in Nigeria will definitely have a skeleton in his/her cupboard [my opinion]. So, who is the "right" candidate for Nigeria since it is imperative that character and morals are virtues we desire in our leaders?
My candid option would be to re-constitute respect for law and order in our society. But that is an ernomous task even as I speak.
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by BigB11(m): 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2006
Excellent Point.

People refuse to see things this way. I've said it before I will say it again; these folks are all politicians, Nigerian politicians for that matter. It is inevitable, every one of them have stolen before and will definitely steal again if the opportunity shows up.

The only candidate that is heavily under pressure, under microscope, under the eyes of the world is IBB. This cat can not afford to mess up. He's focused, he's respected my majority, he's desperate for success and he definitely has the experience.

I will give him the chance to redeem himself or shoot himself in the foot.
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by Bolarge(m): 10:16am On Nov 21, 2006
@Topic
Yeah,I believe u.
There's a brand new tomb in Aso Rock;freshly dug to specification for IBB.
Matter of fact,Nairalanders are hereby enjoined to come up with a befitting epitaph. grin
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by Mariory(m): 12:34pm On Nov 21, 2006
Bolarge:

@Topic
Yeah,I believe u.
There's a brand new tomb in Aso Rock;freshly dug to specification for IBB.

LOL grin
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by darlingbas(m): 12:51am On Nov 22, 2006
i don't think anyone in his right mind, will ever want IBB to be the president, after all the evils he commited during his regime, he can not and will never rule this country anymore. chikenah
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by segoye2(m): 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2006
@ Topic,

I still think IBB has done no wrong. Even our present government has done worst than that of IBB. In the time of IBB, do you have any greedy fellow in power? I mean like the likes of Fayose, Alams, Dariye, Andy Nba, so so so, Lets wise up. During Gen. IBB's regime, we all enjoyed abundant, And come to think of it, who do you think can be our President right now? Only IBB can save our nation. I mean with him there, Corruption will be done with totally. Even EFCC that has the manner of probing the opposition party will have to face their music in full.

Did EFCC in any case ask IBB to come over for questioning and he refused? I mean where do we have it in the papers? Them say them say has eaten deep into us. The only Agency that called him and he refused to show up for is "OPUTA PANEL". The Oputa Panel is in my own view a childs play. I mean, what did the guy cross-examining Prof. Wole Soyinka ask the Prof to do? (Prof. pleas come down to my Level) becuase Prof. W. Soyinka said as we are "gbajojorising" Nigeria, God will save us. The question we should ask ourselves is, is Oputa Panel set-up for free or we given some kind of financial backup? How much were they given and how much ? how much? Abi na free? All this IBB is aware and to backup the financial gain of this agency, I believe important personnel are to come in play. Take it or leave it, IBB is clean. If IBB is not clean, or if is too big for NIgerian law to break, I believe EFCC or any agency that is involved should have reported him to the UN. Wetin happen to SADAM still dey corner.

Is pretty funny that every corruption is pointing at ASO ROCK, pointing at PDP. We still judge people with what they do years back. Babangida cancelled june 12, 1993. is that his crime that will make him not qualified? Ok, He killed some innocent souls huummm? How many ? Even in this present regime, how many souls have we lossed?

I just hope nigeria will believe in what they have, IBB is the right source, the right man for "07" if we really want to develop as fast as we expected.

Aside IBB, the rest aspirants are greedy in one way or the other. Forget the issue of party, Lets face it, And giving IBB a civilian chance will make a lots of difference interms of We as a nation not only trusting him but giving him the full mandate to correct all the wrongs we felt that he has caused us.

IBB, remember you have a lots of work to DO. You have a lot of conviction to make, I mean IBB need to prove it sooner or later that his not what you, them, view him to be politically.
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by Bolarge(m): 2:59pm On Nov 23, 2006
segoye2:

@ Topic,

I still think IBB has done no wrong.

. Babangida cancelled june 12, 1993. is that his crime that will make him not qualified? Ok, He killed some innocent souls huummm? How many ? I

@segoye2
These contradictions in ur statement make me doubt the competence of ur mental faculties at the time u posted this.It's exactly 55 mins since then.Sure u don't want to modify ur post b4 well-meaning Nigerians on Nairaland descend on u? angry angry
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by lewa(m): 4:47pm On Nov 23, 2006
Another rabble rouser!My grand pa, may God bless his soul always admonished the benefits of enlightenment many of us take for granted. This segoye guy leaves me not bewelidered.Not surprised either!What do you expect!
Bolarge leave the cretin alone and his comrade in arms Bighead, this is a sectarian campaign which would end up showing the hypocritical,myopic and shallow individuals they are. IBB ko
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by BigB11(m): 7:13am On Nov 24, 2006
I always like ASO Rock; the structure, the plants, the constant repainting, the fresh breeze and so on.

We will all jubilate come 2007.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by lewa(m): 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2006
In your dreams!
Re: Aso Rock Is Being Prepared For Ibb’ by BigB11(m): 5:06pm On Nov 24, 2006
My friend, I assure you that things will get better, even you and your family will be back home for good.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan To Reshuffle Cabinet Next Week / Amalgamation Of 1914: Was It A Mistake? / Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.