Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,965 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:56 PM

Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? (1324 Views)

Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? / Is It Proper For A Naija Babe To Propose Marriage To A Guy? / Is It Proper For A Guy To Buy Undies For His Girlfriend? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by demzylahot(m): 8:53pm On May 09, 2016
It's becoming a common trend mothers matchmaking their children,this is largely due to the same old story "husbands are scarce".
Bringing two people who may not be attracted to each other with the hope of marriage could be dangerous.
The husband materials are mostly discovered in workplaces, church etc,the mother finding him fit to tie the nuptial knot with her beloved daughter.
Employment, accommodation etc are mostly used to entice such men.In fact some mothers go as far as housing the guy for a long period of time to create the much needed attraction between the pair
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by goldbim(f): 9:13pm On May 09, 2016
No, it's not proper because it could backfire.if eventually the man is not even half of what he pretends to be..besides,you'l be the one to live with the man not your mother...one's happiness should always come first !.follow your heart.
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by demzylahot(m): 9:31pm On May 09, 2016
goldbim:
No, it's not proper because it could backfire.if eventually the man is not even half of what he pretends to be..besides,you'l be the one to live with the man not your mother...one's happiness should always come first !.follow your heart.
Nice one cool
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by itstpia8: 1:21am On May 21, 2016
If the man has never been married, nothing wrong with it.

Op mind your own business if it doesnt concern you.
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by halfricanadian(f): 1:28am On May 21, 2016
goldbim:

Very amazing nd smart post

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by halfricanadian(f): 1:30am On May 21, 2016
My happiness i will not marry anyone because someone says so NEVER EVER WILL I

except if God says yes

I follow suit
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by itstpia8: 1:33am On May 21, 2016
Sometimes it is necessary if the man is shy or for whatever reason, reluctant to marry and not because of religious conviction.
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by Bishops10(m): 1:36am On May 21, 2016
My mum matched me with KingCheezyPuff grin
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by Nobody: 1:39am On May 21, 2016
Bishops10:
My mum matched me with King.CheezyPuff grin
*Then she doesn't like you very much
...I'm gon give you wahala many!! cheesy
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by Bishops10(m): 1:42am On May 21, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
*Then see doesn't like you very much
...I'm gon give you wahala many!! cheesy
She did it because of your wahala cheesy

she said her son is too quiet
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by Nobody: 2:15am On May 21, 2016
Bishops10:

She did it because of your wahala cheesy

she said her son is too quiet
grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by Nobody: 2:33am On May 21, 2016
if you ask me it could be cool sometimes esp if the girl won't just marry and she's getting too old... They don't have to force it tho , that will be too awkward and could spoil everything. Simple gestures like Have u met James Nancy? James meet Nancy, fullstop is just enough for any sharp parent...

However, I'll like to add that this kind of thing is not new ; in traditional Africa ; I know of the Yoruba's for sure for sure. Its peculiar to Muslims too I think, most of the time , it ends up well.
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by rose54321: 3:14am On May 21, 2016
Well I don't see anything wrong with it so long as its not been imposed. If one is cool with their folks doing the match making then pls ride on.
Whether you find the person yourself or ya mum does the finding, its all a means to the ultimate end "marriage".
Most times people don't care about the means.
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by makydebbie(f): 4:08am On May 21, 2016
here to read comments
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by demzylahot(m): 5:46am On May 21, 2016
Bishops10:
My mum matched me with KingCheezyPuff grin
Lwkm....is she aware?
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by demzylahot(m): 5:49am On May 21, 2016
itstpia8:

Op mind your own business if it doesnt concern you.
grin
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by demzylahot(m): 5:51am On May 21, 2016
halfricanadian:
My happiness i will not marry anyone because someone says so NEVER EVER WILL I

except if God says yes

I follow suit
What if the husband doesn't show up early enough?won't you give matchmaking a chance?
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by demzylahot(m): 5:55am On May 21, 2016
[quote author=itstpia8 post=45819334]Sometimes it is necessary if the man is shy or for whatever reason
That'll be the height of shyness,as in guy no fit approach babe
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by demzylahot(m): 6:02am On May 21, 2016
pinceprinz:
if you ask me it could be cool sometimes esp if the girl won't just marry and she's getting too old... They don't have to force it tho , that will be too awkward and could spoil everything. Simple gestures like Have u met James Nancy? James meet Nancy, fullstop is just enough for any sharp parent...

However, I'll like to add that this kind of thing is not new ; in traditional Africa ; I know of the Yoruba's for sure for sure. Its peculiar to Muslims too I think, most of the time , it ends up well.
if James is not a sharp guy,he may not act on his mother's moves
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by demzylahot(m): 6:04am On May 21, 2016
rose54321:
Well I don't see anything wrong with it so long as its not been imposed. If one is cool with their folks doing the match making then pls ride on.
Whether you find the person yourself or ya mum does the finding, its all a means to the ultimate end "marriage".
Most times people don't care about the means.
Especially as husbands don come scarce wink
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by demzylahot(m): 6:05am On May 21, 2016
makydebbie:
here to read comments
Talk your own make Nigeria better
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by makydebbie(f): 8:12am On May 21, 2016
demzylahot:

Talk your own make Nigeria better
my brother make i learn from the elders..but i dont support matchmaking tho...its not healthy
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by jmoore(m): 8:58am On May 21, 2016
You are single and not in a relationship, then your mom introduces a lady to you. As time flies, you find out that this lady got what you need in a wife.

Are you going to let her go because it was your mom that found her, huh?

There is nothing wrong with matchmaking, just make sure the person is your type before you can go ahead for marriage.
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by PunkyV(f): 9:03am On May 21, 2016
No, that's weird. Ha! Her taste in men might be off for starters. She might choose some fatherly type grin But on the same breath, might not be such a bad idea since some of us tend to go for the same douchebags over & over again. Someone else's pick might actually be the right choice.
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by demzylahot(m): 9:57am On May 21, 2016
jmoore:
You are single and not in a relationship, then your mom introduces a lady to you. As time flies, you find out that this lady got what you need in a wife.

Are you going to let her go because it was your mom that found her, huh?

There is nothing wrong with matchmaking, just make sure the person is your type before you can go ahead for marriage.
Mothers will hardly match you with your kinda girl...they'll always go for the long gown wearing,no earrings, no make up kinda babe..
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by demzylahot(m): 9:59am On May 21, 2016
[quote author=PunkyV post=45825020]No, that's weird. Ha! Her taste in men might be off for starters. She might choose some fatherly type grin
Typical of most Nigerian mothers
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by demzylahot(m): 10:01am On May 21, 2016
PunkyV:
No, that's weird. Ha! Her taste in men might be off for starters. She might choose some fatherly type grin
This is typical of most Nigerian mothers
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by Bishops10(m): 10:28am On May 21, 2016
demzylahot:
Lwkm....is she aware?
She's very much aware
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by halfricanadian(f): 10:42am On May 21, 2016
demzylahot:

What if the husband doesn't show up early enough?won't you give matchmaking a chance?

Why will i do dat

Wen God created Adam he told him he wud send him an helper bt before dat he presented adam all d animals Adam named then saw d way d animals treated their partners it was a message to Adam dat d partner im bringing for u is nt to b stepped on nor ignored bt to b loved nd cherished as u love nd cherish ursef

The next verse he created eve took by her right hand to meet adam

Meaning if God never created u for a man

Nd u go behind God to get d man cos he is rich cute nice accent tall with a perfect body

He wud treat u like an animal treated d animals adam saw first

Dats why some women get treated like animals because God never took dem to d man dey did by themselves

So even if husband is delayed wen he comes i will wait been treated like an animal ENOF IS ENOF
i want to b loved nd love nt me dating an imaginary person I WILL WAIT WISH ALL THOSE WHO PUT ME ON A IMAGINARY DATING MAKING ME APPEAR LIKE A FOOL BEFORE FRIENDS COURSE MATES CHURCH MEMBERD HOSTELS FACULTY

GOD AND KARMA WILL VISIT U NO ONE HURTS ME ND GO SCOT FREE grin grin U FORGOT TO ASK PEOPLE U ENQUIRED INFO ABOUT ME DAT *PEACE* grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by Quintee(f): 2:39pm On May 21, 2016
Well, I won't say it is right or wrong. Although, I can't consider going into such a relationship because there is already room for third party interference which I detest. If the guy's mother is the matchmaker, then directly or indirectly, the lady will likely be married to both mother and son.
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by demzylahot(m): 9:26pm On May 21, 2016
Quintee:
Well, I won't say it is right or wrong. Although, I can't consider going into such a relationship because there is already room for third party interference which I detest. If the guy's mother is the matchmaker, then directly or indirectly, the lady will likely be married to both mother and son.
That's polygamy na cheesy
Re: Is It Proper For Mothers To Be Matchmakers? by demzylahot(m): 9:29pm On May 21, 2016
halfricanadian:

Why will i do dat

Wen God created Adam he told him he wud send him an helper bt before dat he presented adam all d animals Adam named then saw d way d animals treated their partners it was a message to Adam dat d partner im bringing for u is nt to b stepped on nor ignored bt to b loved nd cherished as u love nd cherish ursef

The next verse he created eve took by her right hand to meet adam

Meaning if God never created u for a man

Nd u go behind God to get d man cos he is rich cute nice accent tall with a perfect body

He wud treat u like an animal treated d animals adam saw first

Dats why some women get treated like animals because God never took dem to d man dey did by themselves

So even if husband is delayed wen he comes i will wait been treated like an animal ENOF IS ENOF
i want to b loved nd love nt me dating an imaginary person I WILL WAIT WISH ALL THOSE WHO PUT ME ON A IMAGINARY DATING MAKING ME APPEAR LIKE A FOOL BEFORE FRIENDS COURSE MATES CHURCH MEMBERD HOSTELS FACULTY

GOD AND KARMA WILL VISIT U NO ONE HURTS ME ND GO SCOT FREE grin grin U FORGOT TO ASK PEOPLE U ENQUIRED INFO ABOUT ME DAT *PEACE* grin grin
You don't seem fascinated about marriage,it is safe to say career rather than marriage tops ur priority list?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How They Bang Her Sadly / Is LOVE Really This Blind? / A Lil Piece Of Wisdom...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.