Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,375 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I (1004 Views)

Mohammed Uwais Visits Atiku Abubakar (Photos) / See Photos Of Ibrahim Uwais Who Joined ISIS & Was Killed In Syria / Ibrahim Uwais, Who Joined ISIS, Killed - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I by dotcomnamename: 3:17am On May 10, 2016
SaharaReporters has learned that Ibrahim Uwais, a son of former Chief Justice Mohammed Uwais, died today near Aleppo, Syria as the United States targeted members of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in fierce airstrikes. A source told our correspondent that the late Ibrahim Uwais, who secretly traveled to Syria in February 2015 to join ISIS, was one of numerous Islamist terrorists who perished as US military aircraft bombarded known ISIS camps near the besieged Syrian city of Aleppo.

SaharaReporters has learned that Ibrahim Uwais, a son of former Chief Justice Mohammed Uwais, died today near Aleppo, Syria as the United States targeted members of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in fierce airstrikes.

A source told our correspondent that the late Ibrahim Uwais, who secretly traveled to Syria in February 2015 to join ISIS, was one of numerous Islamist terrorists who perished as US military aircraft bombarded known ISIS camps near the besieged Syrian city of Aleppo.

“Ibrahim died today on the battlefield in Aleppo,” our source stated. He added that one of the two wives of the deceased currently trapped in Syria might notify the family of his death.

SaharaReporters learned that Ibrahim Uwais left Nigeria in 2015, telling close family members he was headed to Turkey to explore business opportunities. He took along his two wives and five kids. However, he slipped from Turkey into Syria with his entire family and joined the burgeoning army of volunteer fighters who travel from different parts of the world to enlist with ISIS, a group whose agenda is to carve out an Islamist caliphate.

From 1995 to 2006, Justice Uwais was Nigeria’s Chief Justice, presiding over the country’s Supreme Court.

Ibrahim died today on the battlefield in Aleppo,” our source stated. He added that one of the two wives of the deceased currently trapped in Syria might notify the family of his death.

Source http://saharareporters.com/2016/05/09/son-former-nigerian-chief-justice-uwais-who-joined-isis-killed-syrian-airstrike
Re: Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I by OLAplusONE(m): 3:24am On May 10, 2016
...... And that is the end of Solomon Grandy undecided

4 Likes

Re: Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I by Paulpaulpaul(m): 3:38am On May 10, 2016
Karma is sexy
Re: Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I by oduastates: 3:46am On May 10, 2016
He should rot in hell

4 Likes

Re: Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I by a2personal2013: 3:57am On May 10, 2016
What a waste........
Re: Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I by FanYogo1(f): 3:58am On May 10, 2016
Wetin concern us? This concerns boko harams not Nigerians. Abi dem want us to cry ni?
Re: Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I by Nobody: 4:46am On May 10, 2016
What shall it profit a man to gain the world and lose the hereafter?
I only pity the family he left behind . I am nobody to judge him but he sure has a case to answer before God.

4 Likes

Re: Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I by Firefire(m): 4:55am On May 10, 2016
O ni sun re ooo. eleribu omo 'ale.

No peace for terrorists, here and in the life after.
Re: Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I by searchng4love: 5:17am On May 10, 2016
good riddance to bad rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I by searchng4love: 5:18am On May 10, 2016
hi how about a dinner treat from me?
mimzy:
What shall it profit a man to gain the world and lose the hereafter?
I only pity the family he left behind . I am nobody to judge him but he sure has a case to answer before God.
Re: Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I by yhemsy62(m): 5:33am On May 10, 2016
Yeah! Serve him better
Re: Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I by cckris: 5:35am On May 10, 2016
a2personal2013:
What a waste........
Who knows how many Christians he would have killed in Nigeria, before gaining the confidence to join the Worldwide Islamic Jihad.
Re: Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I by Nobody: 5:42am On May 10, 2016
His actions defeats the argument that terrorism is being fuelled by poverty. A man from a privileged background such as his would most likely have all that he craved for. Yet he was motivated to live in harsh conditions and give up his life for a ludicrous cause. What propels many rich kids to become blood sucking hounds is sheer sadism. The urge to hurt others and leave a name written in blood.
Re: Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I by cold(m): 5:57am On May 10, 2016
bejeiodus:
His actions defeats the argument that terrorism is being fuelled by poverty. A man from a privileged background such as his would most likely have all that he craved for. Yet he was motivated to live in harsh conditions and gave up his life for a ludicrous cause. What propels many rich kids to become blood sucking hounds is[b[b]] sheer sadism. The urge to hurt others and leave a name written in blood[/b][/b].
That is an egregious misconception. Islamic terrorism is in the main, an ideological warfare. It is the feeling that one is fighting a worthy cause for a greater reward in the here after that propels so many to fight for the cause and even die in the process. This of course, others would argue is a distortion of the real meaning of Islam. Whether that is true or not is a matter for another day. The jury is still out.
This applies to all other faiths

1 Like

Re: Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I by kossyablaze(m): 5:59am On May 10, 2016
Good news
Re: Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I by DaBullIT(m): 6:10am On May 10, 2016
Good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed I by Mynd44: 6:12am On May 10, 2016

(1)

One year of Change 'We Are More Divided'- Ike Ekweremadu / 3 Nigerian Lawmakers In Sex Scandal / Buhari Appoints New CSO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.