Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,533 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors (39164 Views)

BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually / JUST IN! Obasanjo Drops Bombshell: Writes Off Buhari On Economy, Diplomacy / 'Our Successors Have Forgotten Us' - Former PDP Governors/Deputies,To Form Forum (2) (3) (4)

Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by dre11(m): 7:26am On May 10, 2016
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Monday said Nigeria would have made remarkable progress if his successors had continued with the policies and programmes of his administration.

He declared that while the late former President Umaru Yar’Adua reversed some of his policies, the succeeding administration of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan also slipped into massive corruption, which his (Obasanjo) regime fought to a standstill.

He also said though President Muhammadu Buhari may not be actively knowledgeable about economy and foreign affairs matters, he believed in the current leader’s fight against graft and insecurity.

Obasanjo spoke as the special guest of honour at an international conference organised by the Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.

The event was attended by the university’s Chancellor, Bishop David Oyedepo, Nigeria’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Prof Joy Ogwu, and Executive Vice Chairman, Ibadan School of Government and Public Policy, Dr Tunji Olaopa, among other dignitaries

http://newtelegraphonline.com/obasanjo-drops-bombshell-successors/

4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by cornoil(m): 7:27am On May 10, 2016
Ook cool
Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by ourkobo: 7:28am On May 10, 2016
Madam watermelon! Abeg come cut watermelon and pineapple give me.. Add small cucumber, belike say na here I go sidan today

24 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by nrexzy: 7:30am On May 10, 2016
OBJ OBJ OBJ baba u still wan dey appear for front page @ ur Age

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by queenoflafia(f): 7:30am On May 10, 2016
OBJ y do you keep dropping bomb
Are you a Bokoharam

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by Tolexander: 7:33am On May 10, 2016
Summary:

Umar Yar Adua had plans
Jonathan is not good
I, Obasanjo is a very good leader free of any blemish.

Nobody holy pass jare!

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by Tolexander: 7:36am On May 10, 2016
queenoflafia:
OBJ y do you keep dropping bomb
Are you a Bokoharam
No, Avenger. Continuously blowing Niger delta's pipe (Jonathan)

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by luvinhubby(m): 7:40am On May 10, 2016
Tolexander:
Summary:

Umar Yar Adua had plans
Jonathan is not good
I, Obasanjo is a very good leader free of any blemish.

Nobody holy pass jare!

You dey mind that old man.

Ask him what happened to GEJ's 1,000 snipers.

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by Baawaa(m): 7:50am On May 10, 2016
Obasanjo if you don't know,you are the father of political thieves since 1999,i mean it!

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by greatgod2012(f): 7:51am On May 10, 2016
Obasanjo trying to say he's the best president that Nigeria has produced so far..........hhmmm.....I laugh! He could be right to an extent, but truth be told, Baba too dey corrupt.

23 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by dechriscool(m): 8:16am On May 10, 2016
Some time I wonder why the supposed elder statesmen in this country.Who are suppose to be the bridge builders,are coming out to disrupt the building of the bridge.If ST.Olusegun obasanjo can only keep quiet for once since he has nothing to bring to the table than being a media nuisance.This country will be relieve of his unnecessary media attention and shameful throwing of jabs to a personality that hardly notice nor respond to his numerous tantrums.
You claimed you meant well for this country.You had eight years of service to this country and nothing came out.

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by ganisucks(f): 8:23am On May 10, 2016
See Monkey O. OBJ, best president ever, your government W̶̲̥̅̊åS̤̈̊ a nonchalant Ǧ☺☺ϑ for nothing administration that W̶̲̥̅̊åS̤̈̊ bedevilled by corruption, Godfatherism, impunity, massive inflation, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ political vindictiveness. Wait a minute, all this is synonymous with this present administration. Congrats OBJ, Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ Buhari are twins.

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by ijustdey: 8:37am On May 10, 2016
OBJ should have removed the log in his eyes before removing the speck in another person's eyes

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by dynamo77(m): 8:40am On May 10, 2016
Who is deceiving who? You all are thieves and incompetent
Baba park well jare

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by youngeagle(m): 8:47am On May 10, 2016
I don't think this guy has any iota of conscience in him again..the same man that turned our politicians into moneybags.

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by Nobody: 8:50am On May 10, 2016
Obj will rot in abyss

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by ibkgab001: 8:56am On May 10, 2016
Third term agenda still make baba sleep in COMA

Anyway this is 2016 baba should wake up from COMA

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by huntila(m): 8:58am On May 10, 2016
Obasanjo is the root of all our problems in modern day Democracy. He forced Yaradua and Jonathan on us and has recently been in support of buhari. Later he will change tone when buhari Relegates him. Attention seeker

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by ki02020(m): 9:01am On May 10, 2016
ourkobo:
Madam watermelon! Abeg come cut watermelon and pineapple give me.. Add small cucumber, belike say na here I go sidan today

JOB and VACANCY section is where you should be by now due to your.... lipsrsealed cheesy

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by busybrain123(m): 9:13am On May 10, 2016
Obj....you are the corruption itself.

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:27am On May 10, 2016
OBJ IS BACK AGAIN!!!

For he mind naim b d best tin to happen to naija.

Abeg park Well U don old, respect d old age.
#NtHappy

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by omenka(m): 9:44am On May 10, 2016
Baba says his admin "fought corruption to a standstill". gringrin

Kai Baba, you sef can lie oo. cheesy

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:28am On May 10, 2016
Obj is not a saint at all!!

But facts and figures (of infrastructure, standard of living and the national reserves) spoke for him.

I believe if Nigeria had continued at that level, we will still be far better off than where we are now. #Truthbetold

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by Okijajuju1(m): 10:30am On May 10, 2016
So what did he say now?
Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by tolexy007(m): 10:31am On May 10, 2016
baba is a comedian

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by ATERI(m): 10:32am On May 10, 2016
Chris Mullin was one of the reliable ones in London who worked for Her Majesty`s Government around the world. In one of his political Diaries, Decline and Fall, he was in Nigeria to witness Obasanjo`s show of shame in 2007:

Monday, 23 April

The Residence, Abuja

Awoke this morning with nothing in the diary save a vague promise of breakfast with the national secretary of the ruling party, Ojo Madueke, who had clearly forgotten we were coming
One phone call from Ojo and the meeting with Yar`Adua was arranged.... we then call on Nasir El-Rufai, one of a handful of people with a direct line to the President, Olusegun Obasanjo. No sooner had we indicated that we would like to see the President than he pulled out his state of the art mobile and tapped in a number. `Abdul. Is the President there? He is in a meeting. Would you ask him to call me back?

Within minutes Obasanjo himself was on the line. `Mr President, I have Mr Mullin and British High Commissioner with me. They would like to see you. Good, I would bring them around
With that we piled into the flag car and were whisked through the multiple rings of security, into the presidential compound in the shadow of Aso Rock...Our main purpose was to warn him that he was in for a battering from the international community for the manner in which the 2007 presidential election had been conducted. He had already worked this out for himself. He knew that the election had been over-rigged- at one point, he said, he had been shown a poll suggesting that the ruling party would win an utterly incredible 35 out of 36 states and had sent word to his henchmen to cool it ( in the event they only took 29 ). ...

Only once before in Nigeria`s history has power passed to a civilian government and that, too, was Obasanjo`s doing. He may be an uncouth old rogue, but you can`t take that away from him.

Well, Obasanjo can call himself anything he likes, but what all and sundry know is that he is an irredeemable electoral fraudster. The whole world knows that!

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by mayorkyzo: 10:32am On May 10, 2016
This man always wants to be in the news...he should go and rest..
Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by Nobody: 10:33am On May 10, 2016
we are pawns to these guys. Until every thinking Nigerian pick up any available weapon and hurt the nearest non working politician then we would continued being played. Imagine this ugly cretin still talks.

Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by pheesayor(m): 10:33am On May 10, 2016
I agree with him, he laid so many foundations but UMYA was ill-advised to reverse them. GEJ eventually continued and completed a few though
Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by milky3(f): 10:33am On May 10, 2016
enough of criticism
Re: Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors by googlepikins: 10:34am On May 10, 2016
continue to fooll yourself, judgement day awaits you soon.

Peter Obi Blasts Senator Elisha Abbo For Slapping Nursing Mother Mercilessly / 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria / Update On The Second Niger Bridge (Muhammadu Buhari Bridge) (Video)