Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually (6645 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Shocks Nigeria With The Hidden Truth About Buhari / JUST IN! Obasanjo Drops Bombshell: Writes Off Buhari On Economy, Diplomacy / Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by Zubby56(f): 7:03am On Jul 09, 2016
Former president Obasanjo urges African leaders to find a lasting solution to youth unemployment in their regions
Obasanjo calls for inclusiveness as he hosted ECOWAS president
He says ECOWAS was established 41 years ago, the sub-regional body were yet to be met Olusegun Obasanjo, the former president of Nigeria has urged the African nations to urgently address the lingering youth employment.
According to Obasanjo, should the African countries not address the issue of unemployment, there might be an outburst of violence. Obasanjo made this known when he played host to the newly appointed president of ECOWAS Commission, Marcel Alain de Souza, who led a four-man delegation to his residence in Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital.
He said: “On the issue of unemployment, particularly youth unemployment, I have maintained that all of us in West Africa, in our different countries and indeed in Africa, we are sitting on a keg of gun powder for as long as we do not pay adequate attention to youth unemployment.
“A situation where more than 50% of our youths are unemployed is extremely dangerous. We now have a situation in part of West Africa where people now are dying of starvation.
“Is it that we are not producing enough food or if we are producing what we produced evenly, whatever it is it is shameful, it has led us to be begging international community for supply of food to any part of West Africa, it is not right‎?”
According to Obasanjo, who is currently a special envoy of ECOWAS to Guinea-Bissau, the expectations from the sub-regional body when it was established 41 years ago were yet to be met.
ALSO READ PHOTOS: Buhari vs Obama in Serving Food To People, Who Did it Better?
He said: “So the attention that we should have paid to the original objectives which is economic integration, economic development, socio economic, economic progress, we have been diverted. “Of course peace and security is the foundation of any socio-economic development and growth. Of necessity we have to pay attention to base on security.
“My involvement in Guinea-Bissau was an enduring involvement. “I have been in that development when I was in government as President of Nigeria and Nigeria and ECOWAS appointing me as special envoy that kept my involvement and my interest.
“I want to say this that most of these conflicts, most of these causes of insecurity or breach of insecurity were because adequate attention had not been paid to what I will call inclusiveness, inclusiveness in terms of political, economic and social development of all our countries, inclusiveness gender wise, inclusiveness social wise, inclusiveness religious wise, inclusiveness ethnic wise and we must appeal to our leaders in our sub region to take these issue of inclusion seriously.”
Meanwhile, Obasanjo had on Tuesday, June 21 rued that the 774 local government areas across the country have been rendered “impotent”and almost “bastardized,” following the massive encroachment into their affairs by the state governors.
He said the glaring injustices and overbearing influence of the governors which they hand down routinely to the LGAs are such that they cannot tolerate it should the Federal Government elect to treat them the same way.

Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by twentyk(m): 7:07am On Jul 09, 2016
A
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by Vendoor(f): 7:08am On Jul 09, 2016
True... The rate of unemployment in Nigeria is alarming.
The idle mind is the devil workshop embarassed

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by femolacqua(m): 7:09am On Jul 09, 2016
There are lot of assignments to be done.
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by emiwanlee(m): 7:09am On Jul 09, 2016
d most corrupt man alive@
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 09, 2016
Ok, i hear
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by FagsamPHP(m): 7:21am On Jul 09, 2016
k
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by hucienda: 7:21am On Jul 09, 2016
Source

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by psucc(m): 7:24am On Jul 09, 2016
I have asked this severally but no reply yet:

We were told the govt gotta release funds into the economy immediately after signing the budget into law. Till date, I've not heard how much had so far been released.

Pls fellow NLers, especially my 95% citizens, how much has so far been released? Or are we scammed again?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by nnachukz(m): 7:31am On Jul 09, 2016
They are the same.
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by Caseless: 7:36am On Jul 09, 2016
Where is the "strong warning"?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by Luckylife(m): 7:40am On Jul 09, 2016
In zombie voice!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by Adewole69: 7:46am On Jul 09, 2016
Zubby56:
Former president Obasanjo urges African leaders to find a lasting solution to youth unemployment in their regions
Obasanjo calls for inclusiveness as he hosted ECOWAS president
He says ECOWAS was established 41 years ago, the sub-regional body were yet to be met Olusegun Obasanjo, the former president of Nigeria has urged the African nations to urgently address the lingering youth employment.
According to Obasanjo, should the African countries not address the issue of unemployment, there might be an outburst of violence. Obasanjo made this known when he played host to the newly appointed president of ECOWAS Commission, Marcel Alain de Souza, who led a four-man delegation to his residence in Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital.
He said: “On the issue of unemployment, particularly youth unemployment, I have maintained that all of us in West Africa, in our different countries and indeed in Africa, we are sitting on a keg of gun powder for as long as we do not pay adequate attention to youth unemployment.
“A situation where more than 50% of our youths are unemployed is extremely dangerous. We now have a situation in part of West Africa where people now are dying of starvation.
“Is it that we are not producing enough food or if we are producing what we produced evenly, whatever it is it is shameful, it has led us to be begging international community for supply of food to any part of West Africa, it is not right‎?”
According to Obasanjo, who is currently a special envoy of ECOWAS to Guinea-Bissau, the expectations from the sub-regional body when it was established 41 years ago were yet to be met.
ALSO READ PHOTOS: Buhari vs Obama in Serving Food To People, Who Did it Better?
He said: “So the attention that we should have paid to the original objectives which is economic integration, economic development, socio economic, economic progress, we have been diverted. “Of course peace and security is the foundation of any socio-economic development and growth. Of necessity we have to pay attention to base on security.
“My involvement in Guinea-Bissau was an enduring involvement. “I have been in that development when I was in government as President of Nigeria and Nigeria and ECOWAS appointing me as special envoy that kept my involvement and my interest.
“I want to say this that most of these conflicts, most of these causes of insecurity or breach of insecurity were because adequate attention had not been paid to what I will call inclusiveness, inclusiveness in terms of political, economic and social development of all our countries, inclusiveness gender wise, inclusiveness social wise, inclusiveness religious wise, inclusiveness ethnic wise and we must appeal to our leaders in our sub region to take these issue of inclusion seriously.”
Meanwhile, Obasanjo had on Tuesday, June 21 rued that the 774 local government areas across the country have been rendered “impotent”and almost “bastardized,” following the massive encroachment into their affairs by the state governors.
He said the glaring injustices and overbearing influence of the governors which they hand down routinely to the LGAs are such that they cannot tolerate it should the Federal Government elect to treat them the same way.

The time is now, Golden link youth empowerment program!!! Get rich faster, join our youth empowement forum on facebook and see a positive difference in 3 days. http:///AcZHp0
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by peterd53(m): 8:04am On Jul 09, 2016
Pls Go to www.FaceOfCampus.com

Start voting for fadesewa for most campus fotogenic.... Ur vote is needed and pleaded for

One person can vote once every hour (i.e 24 times in 24hours)... Thanks
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by GoldenJAT(m): 8:10am On Jul 09, 2016
mtchew!
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by Chessco(m): 8:15am On Jul 09, 2016
Just passing
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 09, 2016
You can always use my signature as your source
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by Angelo45(m): 9:20am On Jul 09, 2016
Obj b forming Aristotle. They are all hypocrites.. All of them

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by predear(m): 9:30am On Jul 09, 2016
Baba Iyabo....master of all games. Romance wit u is romance wit devil
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by MrEverest(m): 9:30am On Jul 09, 2016
The Baboon should go and rest, he is part of the problem rather than solution between how come he suddenly lost his letter writing skills.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by 7inches: 9:45am On Jul 09, 2016
mr baboon shut up joor.. both of are accomplice karma is so close and both of u will suffer it
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by DaBullIT(m): 9:49am On Jul 09, 2016
Oluwa provide the jobs
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by MrSly(m): 9:55am On Jul 09, 2016
No Nigerian political leader is not corrupt, obviously including the incumbent(opinion), but that does not undermine the glaring truth in OBJ's speech.
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by mayyorr01(m): 10:32am On Jul 09, 2016
Tell them.....the situation is worrisome
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by whitestar01(m): 10:47am On Jul 09, 2016
What is he (oby) claiming?
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by dannytoe(m): 11:33am On Jul 09, 2016
This is what you get when you give 5% to bubu, so expect 5% in return............ trade by bater......... proudly 5%
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by junitechict: 11:52am On Jul 09, 2016
WIZKID PICK UP A FIGHT WITH DAVIDO (OBO)... SEE MORE --> http:///zB4QwM

Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by Onyiiet(m): 12:41pm On Jul 09, 2016
Wow!! Is youth unemployment high in the country? ..Ok OBJ.. Since you know this big prolem has been hanging around these parts for a while, kindly provide us with a solution... Oh.. I even have a solution to suggest. OTA farms, can we start from there? for instance you could map out 50 Million Naira each for Enugu, Niger, Benin & Jos. Thats N200Million. Then use 20 million in getting a hectare each in still-developing areas across these locations(i know you have friends that may even give it for free), then employ 30 farm hands each (i.e 120 people) earning 50,000 across the locations( ie 1.5million naira monthly salary per location coming to a total of 6 million monthly in salaries).If all they do there is plant cabbages, pepper, tomatoes and lettuce, i'm sure you would have added immense value and in 5-6 months the businesses should at least be on semi self sustaining and employing another 30.

If you pay 6Million salary for 6 months thats N36 Million. Plus the N80 Million for the land. Thats only N116 Million naira. (Assumption: hoe+garden fork+pesticides+sprayer+miscallenous = N60Million(@N15million per location)) All still na N116 + N60 =176million (change still remain o). U no fit do this one?

I'm tired jo... so if i dey talk say i wan help create employment, baba go dey talk too.. Baba put hand for pocket do something jo. Talk is "dirt" cheap.
Any question push me mail to t.etukokwu@hotmail.com. Instagram|@swampmerchant

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by chrisabiola247(m): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2016
We have to create what we lack ourselves for our survival
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by SurefireFashion: 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2016
Source
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually by qualityalone: 1:17pm On Jul 09, 2016
where is the warning. op if u need traffic just say it.Or are u a corrupt APC member too?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Sad News From Uk Hospital!!! Buhari Is Terribly Sick, He Is Unaware Of / Meet Top 10 Tiv Artists You Must Know / 10,000MW Not Realisable By December - Nebo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.