Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? (26802 Views)

10 Costly Mistakes University Students Make In Their First Year / First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. / How To Identify First Year Students (Hilarious Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 10, 2016
100Lv? Come on U cn still kom out with nothing less than 2.1...............change d course if You're not flowing with it and add more seriousness
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 10, 2016
I never wanted to comment when I check your age because I see that there is plenty time on your side, your case is not hopeless come and ask me how ride my school days , I graduated at the age 30 with just a pass, now I use to remember all the serious guys that take their studies seriously then, how I see them as boring guys, but they made fairly good grades and go for NYSC service, but here I am with ordinary pass not even go for service because of over age, am expecting my exemption certificate now, so boy time is still on your side, make hay while the sunshine, when am still your age they told me to buckle up then but I was so foolish thinking time is still on my side,
But many things contributed to my setback, the major one is *broken marriage* boy! I believe your parent are still together? Make them proud.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by forexbinary: 5:44pm On May 10, 2016
darkenkach:
It's obvious your aren't good with mathematics, You still have time bro, with 5f in your first year, an extra year is sure for you and you aren't sure if you will be passing the remaining courses. Why not start afresh. And stay away from Niaraland it's a killer of destiny.

Say what? shocked

Wait make Seun come back from the market angry

I go tell for you tongue

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by STARGREEN(m): 6:28pm On May 10, 2016
Bro... you can make even 2nd Class Lower if you dream and work it out. Many people passed almost the same road with you...yet now celebrated for not giving up. if you lung for Hummer Jeep, target Helicopter such that your worst becomes the choice. that is to say aspire higher.
please try watch this move... 3 Idiots...It's Well. Never for to reduce your time online. Lastly, remember that YOU CAN BE THAT WHICH YOU BELIEVED YOU CAN BE.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by ExperTrait(m): 6:33pm On May 10, 2016
universityfailu:
[b]Hi all, my name is universityfailure, am a popular nairalander here but decided to create a new acct for this as I cannot face d shame.

Am a student of FUTMINNA 100Lvl mathematics dept, I was formerly in fedPOLYBIDA but left there as soon as I got uni admission.

After my 1st semester exam, i check my result; 5F, 2E and 1D.
I calculated my GP to see 0.7
Am so confused, i was a really intelligent secondary sch, my JAMB was okay, NECO nd WAEC 5A nd 7A's respectively.

My father would be so ashamed of me if i told him.
I messedup in poly nd now messingup in uni.
Am i haunted or what?

Am tired, shud i drop out of school?

Am 18yrs nd my future looks blunt.
sad

If i cant secure a 1.5CGPA, I'd be pursued from d uni.
Though d result of my set was mostly bad (GP's lower than 1.0) but thats no excuse for me.
I understand am not reading very hard but i sometimes lack motivation to read! sad

I just want to graduate and get a comfortable job even if i teach in sec schools, am okay. I need to at least get 2nd class lower.

Help me with advice pls cry

Mods help me with FP, so nairalanders can help with advice. [/b]
mehn just pay 100 level school fees again and re do it..be sure you are naturally good in maths or else find another simple course or course about what you have real passion cos with time it must surly get tougher. It well bro
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Fineone(m): 6:58pm On May 10, 2016
Don't beat yourself hard with regret.

* Try to discover what you've not been doing right, repent where possible and reinvent yourself.

* Spend your time wisely, attend classes, do your assignments.

* Put your mind to the activity in class. that alone can help you recollect information during exams.

* Try to solve, study and understand past questions before exams.

* Cram where necessary.

* Like someone advised, stay away from any form of addiction that can compete with your studies such as spending quality time on the social media.

Good to know that you're sober, let the fear, shame and hatred for failure drive you to success.

I wish you all the best
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by xtee4real: 7:08pm On May 10, 2016
Mathematics is not an easy course to study the higher you go the tougher it gets. I'll advice you to change your course now if you are not interested in the course but if you are interested in the course you have to study very hard with constant practice using past questions and solving of various exercises.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by ugonna1054(m): 7:10pm On May 10, 2016
ShitHead:
Don't worry bro...you are not just worthless. You are simply useless.
Lol....baba calm downn na
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by mastermind2020(m): 7:22pm On May 10, 2016
Bro don't give up...I had similar experience in my first semester with gp of 0.6, 6F and 3D..but things turn around in my second semester I had a gp of 3.05...by his Grace u can also make it...my was STATISTICS not that far from ur mathematics...put ur head down and STUDY...I see u with TESTIMONIES at the end.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by giogold(f): 8:39pm On May 10, 2016
My dear you are not worthless. You can make it once you make up your mind. In my year I had a G.P of 0.81, in second year I refused and my GP was 3.75, in third year I had 4. 52,fourth year I had 4.05 and fifth year I had 4.44 and at the end I graduated with 3.69. If I can make it you too can. Just make up your mind to and hold God firmly, remove any form of distraction. Consciously bring back your interest and zeal and you will see your self sharing a testimony better than mine
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by fyxboss(m): 12:07am On May 11, 2016
Sempumping:
No you are not ...mine was 1.1 after 100level (i failed 6 courses out of 8 in my 1st semester )but I made it to 3.58 (all i wanted was 4.0 ....so change that ur mindset because u might end up not getting the 2nd class lower )at graduation ...you need to sit up ,be determined ,those courses aren't difficult ,u just need to devote more time to your studies,avoid distractions as much as you can , there is plenty time for that when u graduate ..

SIT UP

ALL THE BEST
best xomment
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by DrinkWater10: 12:31am On May 11, 2016
Mrpoker:
I can tell you are one of this "sai buhari" and GEJ defenders in nairaland!
You spend more time on something that have no social economic value to you.
The time you waste here in nairaland masturbating all around is the cuase of your failure.

I won't be suprise if you turn out to be Omenka.
He is very popular in the Romance section
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by vicky1lovy2(f): 9:44am On May 11, 2016
you are not at all worthless......your effort to even seek help makes u worthy... jux make up your mind and enable the can do spirit in Jesus name..u ll see that everything will fall in place perfectly well

You guys can all check this out;
Does This Sound Like You?

✅I want to Study Aboard in Europe

✅I am looking for a Top Ranked University in Europe

✅I want to study in a Multicultural Environment

✅I am looking for a University with a good Scholarship Program

✅I want English speaking Universities in Europe: medium of instruction - English

✅I want a high Quality but Affordable University in Europe

Today, apply to study in Eastern Mediterranean University with scholarship as the most prestigious and top ranking university in North Cyprus and Eastern Europe. Scholarships are available for undergraduate and postgraduate studies for students from all countries.

Visit http://cyprusuni.com/?goli=32 to apply now.......
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by FuckTheM0ds(m): 2:02pm On May 11, 2016
dancok:
I never wanted to comment when I check your age because I see that there is plenty time on your side, your case is not hopeless come and ask me how ride my school days , I graduated at the age 30 with just a pass, now I use to remember all the serious guys that take their studies seriously then, how I see them as boring guys, but they made fairly good grades and go for NYSC service, but here I am with ordinary pass not even go for service because of over age, am expecting my exemption certificate now, so boy time is still on your side, make hay while the sunshine, when am still your age they told me to buckle up then but I was so foolish thinking time is still on my side,
But many things contributed to my setback, the major one is *broken marriage* boy! I believe your parent are still together? Make them proud.
hello bro you just strengthened me with this your comment cos i have been in your shoes.
I got admitted into the university when i was 16, at the age of 20 i graduated. But i used to think since i was young that i have all the time in the whole world. Though i was brilliant but i didnt put in efforts till i graduated with a pass degree, not even a third class. I still didnt feel remorseful till God finally opened my eyes after four good years.. I feel so sad that i hurt my parents. Since a pass degree is useless and wouldnt even be allowed for a postgraduate. I had no other choice than to start afresh again. Now i'm 25 years and have started all again and wouldnt go for service after my graduation cos four years from now i will clock 30(nysc exemption).
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 11, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
hello bro you just strengthened me with this your comment cos i have been in your shoes.
I got admitted into the university when i was 16, at the age of 20 i graduated. But i used to think since i was young that i have all the time in the whole world. Though i was brilliant but i didnt put in efforts till i graduated with a pass degree, not even a third class. I still didnt feel remorseful till God finally opened my eyes after four good years.. I feel so sad that i hurt my parents. Since a pass degree is useless and wouldnt even be allowed for a postgraduate. I had no other choice than to start afresh again. Now i'm 25 years and have started all again and wouldnt go for service after my graduation cos four years from now i will clock 30(nysc exemption).
hey bro hope ur parent sponsor your second program? Because if not it will be difficult a little, well I think some university accept a pass for their post graduate study, u go school u no go school o! It has little impart on our way to stardom.*little impart* cheer yourself up,have cheer up,I know with long life on earth I will make it.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by FuckTheM0ds(m): 3:22pm On May 11, 2016
dancok:
hey bro hope ur parent sponsor your second program? Because if not it will be difficult a little, well I think some university accept a pass for their post graduate study, u go school u no go school o! It has little impart on our way to stardom.*little impart* cheer yourself up,have cheer up,I know with long life on earth I will make it.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by emmavicky(m): 3:39pm On May 11, 2016
universityfailu:
[b]Hi all, my name is universityfailure, am a popular nairalander here but decided to create a new acct for this as I cannot face d shame.

Am a student of FUTMINNA 100Lvl mathematics dept, I was formerly in fedPOLYBIDA but left there as soon as I got uni admission.

Am so confused, i was a really intelligent secondary sch, my JAMB was okay, NECO nd WAEC 5A nd 7A's respectively.

Am i haunted or what?

sad

Though d result of my set was mostly bad (GP's lower than 1.0) but thats no excuse for me.
I understand am not reading very hard but i sometimes lack motivation to read! sad

I just want to graduate and get a comfortable job even if i teach in sec schools, am okay. I need to at least get 2nd class lower.

try and buckle up dis semester......it is not only you
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by deltateam: 7:36pm On May 11, 2016
Jayooluwa:
I really want to hear what ple av to say abt dis. Bt i tink yhur low expectation is part of d reason for failure, try nd aspire higher.

The guy is praying for atleast 2:2 yet his gp never reach pass self. I dey laugh in chinese.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by parker063(m): 1:06pm On May 26, 2016
You're not worthless.
I'm also a student (second year in ND) like you. When I did my first semester exam in ND1, the total cgpa then was 0.9. So I had to tighten up my belt and sit well for the second semester, I did my works very well and to God be the glory, I came out with 3.6 gp which the total for the first year was 4.4 (divided into two =2.2).
And now I'm in nd2, my first semester results for ND2 was 3.6 and I believe I'll be better in the final semester.
Please don't loose hope, just concentrate on your studies and at least you can graduate with lower credit like one I'm having now. cheesy
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by pink67(f): 9:05pm On May 27, 2016
#you're a joke...
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Fxwarrior: 1:07am On May 28, 2016
darkenkach:
It's obvious your aren't good with mathematics, You still have time bro, with 5f in your first year, an extra year is sure for you and you aren't sure if you will be passing the remaining courses. Why not start afresh. And stay away from Niaraland it's a killer of destiny.

Nairaland, killer of destiny ke? I doubt that. We have so much intelligent people and academic intellectuals here from all fields of study.
I do agree he needs to start afresh though. Op what is distracting you from studies? You need to buy textbooks and attend classes regularly on time. Be prayerful too.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Fxwarrior: 1:11am On May 28, 2016
parker063:
You're not worthless.
I'm also a student (second year in ND) like you. When I did my first semester exam in ND1, the total cgpa then was 0.9. So I had to tighten up my belt and sit well for the second semester, I did my works very well and to God be the glory, I came out with 3.6 gp which the total for the first year was 4.4 (divided into two =2.2).
And now I'm in nd2, my first semester results for ND2 was 3.6 and I believe I'll be better in the final semester.
Please don't loose hope, just concentrate on your studies and at least you can graduate with lower credit like one I'm having now. cheesy

Which maths teacher taught you that 3.6+0.9 = 4.4
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by jamesbawa(m): 4:52pm On Oct 10, 2016
Sempumping:
No you are not ...mine was 1.1 after 100level (i failed 6 courses out of 8 in my 1st semester )but I made it to 3.58 (all i wanted was 4.0 ....so change that ur mindset because u might end up not getting the 2nd class lower )at graduation ...you need to sit up ,be determined ,those courses aren't difficult ,u just need to devote more time to your studies,avoid distractions as much as you can , there is plenty time for that when u graduate ..

SIT UP

ALL THE BEST

pls how did you do it?... in a similar situation
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
jamesbawa:

pls how did you do it?... in a similar situation

I concentrated more on courses that had more credit load, aimed @ getting A's and I made sure i never failed any course again . I was lucky @ my time the credit load for Industrial training was reduced so I had more room to register and rewrite those carryover courses. ..

Be Smart ,make smart decisions ,lose some friends ,study more often and dont be discouraged
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by jamesbawa(m): 8:00pm On Oct 10, 2016
Sempumping:

I concentrated more on courses that had more credit load, aimed @ getting A's and I made sure i never failed any course again . I was lucky @ my time the credit load for Industrial training was reduced so I had more room to register and rewrite those carryover courses. ..

Be Smart ,make smart decisions ,lose some friends ,study more often and dont be discouraged
thanks a lot... does t.p and i.t add to one's g.p? if yes, by how much?
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by NOBODYY: 3:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
universityfailu:

Am i haunted or what?

sad

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by paste007(m): 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2018
Sempumping:

SIT UP

ALL THE BEST
I know this is an old post but how did you manage the carry overs did you clear all of them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MI’s Vector Diss Track Is An Assignment Topic In Ibadan Polytechnic / Police Storm Poly Ibadan To Punish Students Dressed Indecently / Princess Mercy Uwakwe Seeks Arrest Of Dowen College Managers Over Oromoni's Deat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.