Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:39 AM

My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka (13168 Views)

Lere Olayinka Analyzes Photos Of President Buhari With Oyegun & Governors / Lere Olayinka Blasts Stephanie Otobo Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal / Fayose Has N300m In His Zenith Bank Account - Lere Olayinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by maupe: 4:27am On May 11, 2016
Lere Olayinka, Special Assistant to Governor Ayodele Fayose on Public Communication and New Media, is one of the serious contenders for the post of the National Publicity Secretary of the People’s Democratic Party. In an interview, he affirmed that his mission as National Publicity Secretary of the PDP would be to de-market the ruling All Progressive Congress. He speaks on his plans and strategies.

By Rotimi Omoyela

Why do you want to be the Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party?

I’m a committed member of the PDP. I have never belonged to any other party since I joined party politics. Again, I will say that I have paid my dues in terms of projecting the PDP, in Ekiti State, Southwest and Nigeria as a whole. Most importantly, the leader of the party in this state, Dr. Ayodele Fayose is interested in me becoming the National Publicity Secretary of the party.

How would you assess the present Publicity Secretary of your party, Chief Olisa Metuh performance?

Lere Olayinka
I’m a forward looking person, I don’t dwell on the past, I don’t go about condemning and castigating people, the environment in which Mr. A operated last week, may be different from which Mr. B is operating now and the environment in which Mr. C will operate tomorrow might be different. So the strategy that worked yesterday would obviously be different from the one that might be applied tomorrow. I’m not saying those who have handled the media in the past have not done their best, in the political environment they operated, they did their best, I’m willing to pick up from where they stopped.

Do you think you have what it takes to be Publicity Secretary of a Political Party?

I’m a journalist and have been in this job for 19 years. I started active journalism since my days in the Nigeria Institute of Journalism, I have practiced as a publisher, as a reporter, I have been involved in broadcast journalism, print journalism and even social media journalism.

The Peoples Democratic Party as at now appeared to be riddled with crisis and internal strife, what image do you intend to give a party of this nature?

Politics is about conflict and conflict resolution when you have an organisation with varieties of interest there will always be conflicts. Unfortunately, we allowed minor crises to balloon into a major issue. Like every other political party, we have our share of crises in the PDP, and it is normal in politics, because of the divergent interests. The APC that is the ruling party today has its share of crises because of the divergent interests in that party. You must be aware of what is going on within the APC, and it has not been consumed by the crisis, PDP too will not be consumed by its crisis.

Some say that the consensus arrangement used in the last congresses in Ekiti State is akin to imposition?

I can tell you that there was no imposition of anyone. Don’t get it wrong. Consensus is never an imposition; they are not the same thing. Consensus is a mechanism put in place to discourage acrimony and rancour among contenders for a particular position.

Political communication

It’s an arrangement put in place to encourage contestants to step down for each other and allow the best candidate who is properly fit for a position to emerge, but in a situation where nobody wants to step down, we can call for the outright election to settle the matter.

What are your other plans for the projection of the image of your party?

Political communication is simple, you tell the people what your party is capable of doing, you tell the people what your party would have done differently, by making the people see that if our party is the party in government, we would have done things differently. It is about marketing your party and de-marketing your competitors; my job is to market the PDP and de-market APC.

The latest crisis in PDP has to do with zoning and gladiators in Southwest want the chairmanship zoned to the area. But Governor Fayose has a different opinion, what is your take?

The Chief Executive Officer of any political party is the Secretary, are you saying this position is not important? The National Publicity Secretary is the mouthpiece of the party, are you saying that is not important too?

Though this issue has been resolved, and I would not like to go into it. With two governors in the Southwest are they complaining? Those are the major stakeholders in the party as at today.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/plan-de-market-apc-lere-olayinka/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by henrygale(m): 4:34am On May 11, 2016
Ok
Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by osinbanjoisaliar: 5:19am On May 11, 2016
Oga, that's what we need. Tear them, limb from limb.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by modath(f): 5:36am On May 11, 2016
Most importantly, the leader of the party in this state,Dr. Ayodele Fayose is interested in me becoming the National Publicity Secretary of the party.

Though this issue has been resolved, and I would not like to go into it. With two governors in the Southwest are they complaining? Those are the
major stakeholders in the party as at today.

These were pointed to some emotional wet behind the ears neophytes whose only point of reference is their opaque & sentimental political leanings never glaring truth..... instead of accepting facts for what they are, counting their inevitable losses, they resorted to abuses!!! Yeye analyst!!cool

As for de marketing, dreams are free, anyone can wish, to put into practise is the most important.....

A working and effective system will always sells itself, we will be watching!!!

Nigerians are dead or foolish and aren't seeing the way Naija's commonwealth was either stolen or frittered away, issokay!! Demarket dey go...

27 Likes

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by naijaboy756: 5:38am On May 11, 2016
U dnt need to de-market any APC. They have de-marketed themselves by proving to be the most clueless, useless and confused party in Africa.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by Pheals(f): 5:46am On May 11, 2016
. Politicians are the same !! PDP failed us APC is also failing us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by Nobody: 6:01am On May 11, 2016
Lere is the best candidate among the lot. He is well versed in the art of image laundering. His experience as SSA to Fayose makes him the most viable candidate. The PDP doesn't need a mouthpiece that will learn on the job. The PDP needs a spokesman who won't cower before the ruling party. His victory at the Convention is sure to make Lai Mohammed, Segun Adeshina, and Garba Sheu spend more time at their desks writing rebuttals. If the PDP wants to be heard, this is the candidate with the loudest voice.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by ganisucks(f): 6:03am On May 11, 2016
Dr. Ayodele Fayose is interested in me
becoming
the National Publicity Secretary of the party.
Can Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ imagine ΨђåƮ it will look like †̥♥ have Fayose1 A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ 2 both attacking Buhari A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ APC at the same time. That would be so Awesome. They would make Buhari crap in his pants.
Consensus is a mechanism put in place to
discourage acrimony and rancour among
contenders for a particular position.
Political communication
It’s an arrangement put in place to encourage
contestants to step down for each other and
allow
the best candidate who is properly fit for a
position to emerge, but in a situation where
nobody wants to step down, we can call for
the
outright election to settle the matter.
Barcanista, Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ don hear. Nobody is thinking ☀̤̣̈̇f imposing anyone on the party, if the party believes that a certain candidate has the skills needed †̥♥ take the party in a certain direction, is it a crime then, †̥♥ put your support, behind him/her? NO. All this crying before spilling tears should stop. We need †̥♥ unite the party, not divide A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ kill it. Sola Kuti should wait his turn, this is not his time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by ganisucks(f): 6:06am On May 11, 2016
bejeiodus:
Lere is the best candidate among the lot. He is well versed in the art of image laundering. His experience as SSA to Fayose makes him the most viable candidate. The PDP doesn't need a mouthpiece that will learn on the job. The PDP needs a spokesman who won't cower before the ruling party. His victory at the Convention is sure to make Lai Mohammed, Segun Adeshina, and Garba Sheu spend more time at their desks writing rebuttals. If the PDP wants to be heard, this is the candidate with the loudest voice.
Exactly. We don't want someone that will be blowing grammar A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ testing American brand ☀̤̣̈̇f opposition politics. ΨђåƮ we need is an attack dog, someone who will rattle APC aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d make Nigerians wakeup. I'm sure that most ☀̤̣̈̇f fayose's great punchlines are from Lere's study. We need Lere, we don't want Sola Fineboy Kuti.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by menstrualpad: 6:09am On May 11, 2016
modath:

These were pointed to some emotional wet behind the ears neophytes whose only point of reference is their opaque & sentimental political leanings never glaring truth..... instead of accepting facts for what they are, counting their inevitable losses, they resorted to abuses!!! Yeye analyst!!cool

As for de marketing, dreams are free, anyone can wish, to put into practise is the most important.....

Nigerians are dead or foolish and aren't seeing the way Naija's commonwealth was either stolen or frittered away, issokay!! Demarket dey go...
This woman no commonwealth was stolen!
Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by menstrualpad: 6:11am On May 11, 2016
There's still another fierce attack dog in the stable of fayose apart from Lere.

bejeiodus:
Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:15am On May 11, 2016
Your plan is to Market PDP Mr Man cool cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by omenka(m): 6:18am On May 11, 2016
Even before getting started, you've already failed. Your job is not to de-market APC but to sell PDP. That was what Metuh, Abati, Okupe, Omokri, and FFK failed to understand during the last elections but rather focused squarely on throwing mud at APC (the Youth presidential debate involving AyeDee was a clear example) making the party appear much more formidable. They did nothing to mend the battered image of PDP and they paid dearly for it.

Well, as he plans to de-market APC, Fayose would market it even beyond the boundaries of Nigeria, and Baba would just put the icing on the cake.

Wale, stop wasting your time, and get a damn haircut already- shiitt looks like an overused iron sponge. cheesy

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by Nobody: 6:26am On May 11, 2016
naijaboy756:
U dnt need to de-market any APC. They have de-marketed themselves by proving to be the most clueless, useless and confused party in Africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by Nobody: 7:00am On May 11, 2016
ganisucks:

Exactly. We don't want someone that will be blowing grammar A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ testing American brand ☀̤̣̈̇f opposition politics. ΨђåƮ we need is an attack dog, someone who will rattle APC aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d make Nigerians wakeup. I'm sure that most ☀̤̣̈̇f fayose's great punchlines are from Lere's study. We need Lere, we don't want Sola Fineboy Kuti.
I have told Tonye several times that Sola is too urbane to throw the needed dirty tackles. But he has chosen to pay no heed to my words. Lere is vastly experienced in the art of opposition politics and is the brains behind Fayose's press releases that got the nation talking. He is poised to do more when he gets elected as the National Publicity Secretary of the party. Sola can replace Adeyanju as the Director of Social Media and learn the ropes from there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by wowmenow: 7:06am On May 11, 2016
APC is dead on arrival

1 Like

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by modath(f): 7:17am On May 11, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Your plan is to Market PDP Mr Man cool cool

No Rocket science needed....

Mr A tell me what you can do for me, not how Mr B is bad for me... some people will never learn... cool

omenka:
Even before getting started, you've already failed. Your job is not to de-market APC but to sell PDP. That was what Metuh, Abati, Okupe, Omokri, and FFK failed to understand during the last elections but rather focused squarely on throwing mud at APC (the Youth presidential debate involving AyeDee was a clear example) making the party appear much more formidable. They did nothing to mend the battered image of PDP and they paid dearly for it.
Well, as he plans to de-market APC, Fayose would market it even beyond the boundaries of Nigeria, and Baba would just put the icing on the cake.
Wale, stop wasting your time. cheesy

The China Train station or is it shopping PR gaffe is still there, same way they are hyping water filtration as their own china takeaway... They believe effective opposition is by vile criticism & directionless antagonism.. Lere O & Fayose are a laugh a minute.. smiley

Me , I'm and advocate of siddon look, na goat go show where rope suppose dey for hin neck... Gd AM.... Howdy.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by Agimor(m): 7:20am On May 11, 2016
How would you assess the present Publicity
Secretary of your party, Chief Olisa Metuh
performance?
Lere Olayinka
I’m a forward looking person, I don’t dwell on the
past, I don’t go about condemning and
castigating people. Oga your application would be throw to the dustbin . The above listed iis one of the prerequisite of becoming publicity secretary, how do you think Lia Mohammed was able to outshadow pdp? Oga abeg put on your thinking cap.
Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by richidinho(m): 7:28am On May 11, 2016
modath:

madam you spend all your time on nairaland, when are you getting married?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by dechriscool(m): 7:35am On May 11, 2016
Lere Olayinka is the best dude for the shot-PDP publicity Secretary.When he sneezes,eveyone in Apc will catch cold. We need someone who will align Nigerians on the true state of events in this directionless, visionless,propagandists and confuse adminstraction.We need a gallant,vibrant and dogged man to look at the faces of these FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT adminstraction and beat them to their games and antics.That is the de- marketing strategy.
We also need a man that will sell PDP base on their achievement in various states.Lere Olayinka is the man for the Job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by Splinz(m): 7:52am On May 11, 2016
Exactly, demarketing APC will even be an easy task for you, for their unprecedented lies, deceit, crass, and total failed leadership speaks volume to Nigerians. All you need to do when on board is to polish these facts with more truths that even the most chronic zombies wouldn't be able to resist it. And then come 2019, you'll replace that lying great-grant father as a minister for information.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by otukpo(f): 7:55am On May 11, 2016
But pls don't talk like pa lai.

1 Like

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by Inspectahdeck(m): 8:10am On May 11, 2016
You are marketing yourself for a job, and your promise is to demarket the opposition.

From the little I read from your criticism of the opposition, I am sorry you can't fit into metuh's shoe.

You can't demarket a former propaganda party with propaganda. They will win you hands down.

Thus, pdp needs to change their strategy (matured approach) and Mr lere isn't the man for the job.

1 Like

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by SweetBoyFriend(m): 8:31am On May 11, 2016
Please. Don't de-market APC.
I want them to rule Nigeria for 300 years, by that time a cup of garri would be 9 thousand naira, if Nigerians hear change, they would think twice

2 Likes

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by DONSMITH123(m): 8:33am On May 11, 2016
De-market APC abi? i laugh in swahili. Am sure you gat some balls else....You better no follow Fayose mouth o. Ask Nurse Metuh, FFK or Okupe, they will tell you why its good not to run mouth anyhow.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by arruh(m): 8:34am On May 11, 2016
finally THE OGEEZZ are ready for a record deal

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by Hillzy(m): 8:37am On May 11, 2016
Olisa metuh came he saw n he fail, ur oga fayose was not give d job but he take it upon him self n make small noise now we hardly hear anytin from him, Oga go sit down for some where jor watin u don ever market be4 u won com de market party all this ur mouth is just excuse for pdp to give u d job after dat we won't hear anytin from u again clown

1 Like

Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by gen2briz(m): 8:38am On May 11, 2016
Instead of you to market yourself first, Na De-market you won start with.
Re: My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka by ricsman(m): 8:40am On May 11, 2016
wake me up when he resumes demarketing APC

am yet to see men that matters from the north in PDP...

you don't near Asorock without the north

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Fortunate Fiberesima, Jonathan’s Doctor For N258m Fraud / "Buhari Is Tafawa Balewa Of Our Time" / Reports Of Osinbajo’s Valentine’s Day Trip False, Mischievous – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.