Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Memo To Ladies In Violent Marriages - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Memo To Ladies In Violent Marriages (534 Views)

Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss / Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies / Memo To All Wives!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memo To Ladies In Violent Marriages by gistmeloveblog: 7:11am On May 11, 2016
I want to write a memo to ladies in abusive marriages. This may be a bit long but it's worth the read.
This is a true story. A story about my mum.
I grew up in a family where domestic violence(physical and psychological abuse) was the order of the day.

My parents are both professionals (doctors) and practiced in the western part of the country.
I remember seeing my mom with black eyes most of her married period. I remember the bite(human) she endured from the so called husband. I remember the shoutings that occurred and neighbour's and passers- by will gather outside in the street looking towards my home on most days. I remember the shame of walking out in the street cos my parents just had a fight and the whole street knew about it.

I thank God for one thing, my mum walked out of the "marriage " with the 5 of us. She trained us singlehandedly. She produced 3 doctors and 2 Engineers. I never for one day saw her with any other man.

She gave deaf ears to the usual "rubbish" we all hear about women who leave their marriages. I was seriously Psychologically affected by that, but she told me never ever to let her experiences weigh me down or make me hate men. She let me know that am a symbol of strength. She is my Idol. Even though my dad died a few years back, I still miss him. I forgave him a long time ago. I wish he was here to see what we've become.

To all women in abusive relationships, please and please, you don't need any soothsayer tell you when to leave. Please leave or it may be your corpse leaving the house and it will be termed suicide.

Be wise.
BV Anonymous.
- See more at: http://www.gistmelove..com/2016/05/memo-to-ladies-in-violent-marriages.html

cc: lalasticlala, ijebabe

Re: Memo To Ladies In Violent Marriages by gistmeloveblog: 7:11am On May 11, 2016
cry cry cry

All is well
Re: Memo To Ladies In Violent Marriages by Nobody: 7:19am On May 11, 2016
Talk from now till tomorrow some ladies will still hold on to an abusive relationship, so to what end undecided
Re: Memo To Ladies In Violent Marriages by NiRfreak(m): 7:54am On May 11, 2016
That's if they understand life is brighter at the other end.....if they are not brainwashed by religion.

(1) (Reply)

Childrens Day Question- At What Age Did You Stop Bedwetting? / Unique Floor Plans For Your Wedding Reception / MIDDLE OCEAN...BLANK!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.