Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG (89628 Views)

Diezani's Alison-Madueke's Banana Island Edifice Seized By FG (Photos) / Students In Akwa Ibom Disrupt Townhall Meeting Organized By FG / Why Nigerians Won't Occupy Nigeria As Fuel Subsidy Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by permanentgrace(m): 8:29pm On May 11, 2016
So is it the same masquerade jobs that we will do and survive with this kind hardship?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by permanentgrace(m): 8:32pm On May 11, 2016
kimond101:

Corruption within subsity will reduce small but Nigerians should prepare for hard times.
Fuel prise increases = Increase in everything

And what happens to our earning power? Does it also face the upward direction? This govt no get sense at all.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by DengXioping(m): 8:33pm On May 11, 2016
gcof:
chai God have mercy. I thought the subsidy never existed
Criosly, so we thought, I remember Prof. Tam West stating equivocally back then DT dere was noting lyk subsidy. It was just a mere scam. Today we are being scammed by d same APC govt. who told us back den DT d subsidy thing was a scam.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by haywhy009(m): 8:37pm On May 11, 2016
[quote author=Mutuwa post=45526640]

ditto[/quot u dey mind the guy
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by blazer234: 8:45pm On May 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

For what?

The 2012 protest was not carried out by APC which did not exist. It was led by the Labour Unions and by Nigerians who could not see the potential benefits of subsidy removal. Instead....all they saw was high prices.(AC joined the protest late. CPC did not even make much noise...and the PDP boys that are now in APC supported the removal then. Politics eh?).

I expect this decision to attract protests too. And I won't be surprised if it does.

And fueled by jagaban and CPC underground

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Aawizdom(m): 8:46pm On May 11, 2016
jic4real:
The Federal Government, Wednesday, removed subsidy on Premium Motor Spirit, also known as fuel as it will now sell for N145 per litre.

Details later…

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/breaking-fg-removes-fuel-subsidy-sell-145-per-ltr/
really touched, so unfortunate.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:51pm On May 11, 2016
dexentity:
If this is true then Nigerians are in for a very rough and tough year.

God will help us
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by fabulous01(m): 8:53pm On May 11, 2016
I don't support its removal even though I know it's the right thing.. GEJ saw the massive looting through subsidy and decided to remove it in 2012, But Baba Tinubu and his APC Zombies protested at Ojota and other states in Nigeria.... GEJ We Miss you Any other Candidate aside GEJ in 2019 remains an exercise in futility PDP take Note.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by amazingspiderma: 8:58pm On May 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

In brief....we were in the position we were in 1982...when the oil price dropped...because Nigeria's economic policy since independence has always been to rely on revenue from resources we sell.

In the 1960's and early 1970's...it was agriculture and mining. Then in the mid 1970's....we lost our guaranteed market in the UK. We were ''lucky''....we had discovered oil....which became our new cash cow. (If Nigeria had had no oil...we would have been like Ghana was in the 1970's and 1980's.....very very broke).

The problem with oil...and with agriculture and mining ....is simple. We do not control the price of these commodities. As such...when prices go up....we are rich. When prices go down...see the oil drop of 1982....we get broke.

Sure we can blame the North....but Southern leaders like OBJ and GEJ did not show much signs of changing. (Yes...GEJ built car plants. Car assembly plants that rely on high oil prcies for enough cash to import the raw materials needed to keep them running. Once the cash falls...the plants stop running well. We were there before.....see PAN and Volks of Nigeria...roaring in the 70's...whimpering in the 1980's).

The way I see it.....I hope Buhari means it when he talks about diversification Because...if it turns out to be just talk...I think he should go in 2019. We should have learned our lesson...resource dependency does us no good.
Diverting to other resources will not change the economy, there but is no example of any mineral resource that does not undergoing price fluctuations. Is it iron,tin,extinct coal none of the above. Most country that relies on raw material resources alone has low human development index and cartel or cabal. The priced assets of great economies is the human resource capital. Education of the population, it is a productive nation that can generate a very high ratio of personal income taxes as a ratio of GDP, for funding government.The more productive,the higher their income and so the income tax hence the more cash for government to spend.
We cannot solve our problem without a nation wide emergency plan to educate Nigerians. Until then we will keep subsidizing everything only for us to wake up one day and remove the subsidies. Any new resource that will be developed now will only raise more cabals in those sectors.This is why no privatized sector has functioned effectively after the telecoms especially MTN as the cabal missed out on it because they could not anticipate its growth potential.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by 3kay945(m): 8:59pm On May 11, 2016
We masses must not feel this o, cool

Or else, BuBu go hear am o.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by saintneo(m): 9:02pm On May 11, 2016
Adexprint:
Gej should have removed it totally then; we would have been used to it. But the fear of losing in 2015 election made him reconsider, thereby postponing d total removal which did not happen.

So GEJ is to be blamed......lol!

I laugh loudly!
Fashola sponsored protests against subsidy removal as the opposition, mobilized the masses to zombically protest against GEJ plans; now, he is part of the ruling party, he is inflicting pains on Nigerians.

Animal Farm!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Kollyk11(m): 9:13pm On May 11, 2016
just wondering how some ppl think.cant dey understand simple explanation.they just hustle for cheats and come to nairaland and vomit rubbish and they are the ones shouting unemployment ,bad roads the most.smh
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by kastroud(m): 9:14pm On May 11, 2016
I know why I supported Buhari coz I believe he is the right man to take nigeria forward . If it means hardship now so be it only problem is when time for us to reap the benefit of this implementation we won't receive any new zombies oooo ;DI know why I supported Buhari coz I believe he is the right man to take nigeria forward . If it means hardship now so be it only problem is when time for us to reap the benefit of this implementation we won't receive any new zombies oooo
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by HIPROFILE(m): 9:19pm On May 11, 2016
Honestly I have come to a conclusion that this administration is made up and capped with mediocres... No fresh idea... No direction...

They've been hovering with same ideas of the past government well this may be regarded good for the sake of benefits earned from continuity in government policies... But then I wonder why because I still remember that this same incumbent President and his party members highly criticized every idea and moves made by the past administration.
Call it game of politics... Ur naive and gullible. To me its mediocrity at its highest.

Apart from the civil war we have never experienced the kinda killings so far in this administration that's barely a year old.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by CriticalThought: 9:19pm On May 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
It was the right thing to do.

I opposed GEJ.....but his plan to remove the subsidy I did not oppose...because it made sense even then.

We can be thankful that our Government has the boldness to admit they were wrong...and make the necessary changes.

Anyone opposing this better recall that we are not masters of our destiny here. We need oil to be 123 USD per barrel....and right now, it sin't even at 50USD. Time we faced reality.

GEJ should have saved....but that means we would have had to take this decision next year.

God preserve Nigeria.

GEJ should have saved... so where did PMB administration get money to bail out the states?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Paperwhite(m): 9:30pm On May 11, 2016
willyede:
when GEJ did this they were occupying everywhere lets see how Nigerians react now.....i just they laugh this country grin grin grin
Yeah brother.Ojota things.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by cindyJenny1994(f): 9:53pm On May 11, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 11, 2016
Wicked you..lol
cold:
Hmm..the fantastical rètard has struck again

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by tunergy(m): 10:01pm On May 11, 2016
Relax the show is just starting
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Harrisonwo(m): 10:06pm On May 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

1.The tarrif increase was part of the enabling law that brought the DISCOS into existence...which was formulated and signed by GEJ in 2014. There was nothing the current govt could do....short of renationalising the whole power sector...which would have led to them facing lawsuits in court.

2.Taxation necessary because we do not have the cash we used to have thanks to the fall in oil price. I t may be a harsh decision...but the alternative is taking more loans from the IMF.

3.He is the new guy. He has to build connections. I used to critique GEJ's trips too...until someone explained how one of the trips worked. I shut up after that.

4.WHich was present during GEJ's time too. It has always been there. Hazards of being a Nigerian. (It was worse in the 1960s' and the 1980's by the by).

5.Which was brought to you by the low oil price...meaning that we do not have the revenue to subsidize...and by the fact that we import more than 60% of our PMS used in this country. (GEJ promised to build refineries which he never built).

6.Again...an effect of being resource reliant. When you rely on revenue from resources you sell(whose price we do not control)....inflation goes up when the price goes down because you have less dollars to import....meaning you need more naira to buy dollars...which is passed onto us in the form of higher prices. (The Govt's current foreign exchange restriction is preventing the situation from being worse). That is why we have to develop industry based on local raw materials.

7.Effects of Dutch disease...and fall in foreign exchange (Which Buhari has no control over.).

8.Living costs were high for the majority during GEJ and even those who preceded him. Even at high oil price...we still have most people living in poverty. That is why we must industrialise.

1) the tariff increase rate wasn't yet desired and 50% increment is day light robbery. Paying for darkness.
2) taxing frm my savings again after paying PAYE rate n other hidden rate. Note u pay tax for ur water, electricity, phone n others. After paying those tins, why should I still pay again frm the one am to save.
3) it's nt every where he has to go himself. Wats d use of the vice if nt to delegate sme duties to him.
4)it was never this high except during the election warm up when he said baboons will be soaked in blood if he didn't win and then this constant attack frm his kinsmen
5) GEJ never built a refinery but he worked to put the existing ones in order which the president claimed as his achievement. A standard refinery needs at least $5bn n 2yars to build. Ask dangote.
6) GEJ tried to diversify this country's source of income by innovations and encourging SMES thereby reducing the relay on oil + create jobs + encouraging entrepreneurship. But this current govt is still relaying heavily on oil. And the so-called budget, make we dey wait n see. I won't comment on it yet
7) wat happened to d 5 million yearly job creation promise during the campaign. Or even the #5000 social welfare package for unemployed youths. Maybe still waiting for the almighty budget to get to work
cool even if the cost of living was high, one could still afford 3-square meals. But now it's another tin. If u really want to take the statistics of the real cost of living, visit the student environment and see the real side for urself
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by bankylan: 10:06pm On May 11, 2016
dammytosh:

You and anybody who wish Buhari dead will die before him instead.

God should kill Buhari so you can buy 65 naira per litre fuel for ur miserable "I pass my neighbour" gen.

Wretched eediot.

deluded religious bigot.

Go and work hard and change your mentality. You go pray taya and poverty go dey pursue you.

Buhari's slave u dey here? Your parents went thru same enslavement before in the hand of Buhari in 1984, here u are repeating the mistake. What an enslaved mind. I will not wish the president to die. But I have a phobia for his slaves.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Bobandgreat: 10:07pm On May 11, 2016
kimond101:

Corruption within subsity will reduce small but Nigerians should prepare for hard times.
Fuel prise increases = Increase in everything

I hope u r prepared because ur own hard time no go get remedy.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by bankylan: 10:19pm On May 11, 2016
G
hakim92:

The way it works is private companies bring in
their unlimited quota and sell if they like at
N1000 per litre but the NNPC will operate
alongside at N86 per litre, it's for all to choose
where they buy. If independent don't get
patronage they keep reducing their N1000 per
litre to even below N86. The forces of demand
and supply. Simple. Will take a while for it to
normalise maybe 6mths depending on the
capability of NNPC to have enough of N86 to
challenge the independent marketers N145 per
litre.

People really need to be educated and enlightened about this deregulation and subsidy removal of a thing so that the naysayers, alarmists and pseudo economists will not be creating unnecessary fear in the minds of the gullible majority. The sole reason why preponderance of Nigerians vehemently kicked against the removal of subsidy has little to do with huge price increment but more to do with the imminent diversion of the money into private account.

Do we have secondary school kids here? What a rubbish! Which school did u attend or where do u work/what do u do?
Do we still have people who reason like goats in this age? You are either one of the Buhari 's slaves or someone who is just coming out of coma.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by chukuli(m): 10:21pm On May 11, 2016
willyede:
when GEJ did this they were occupying everywhere lets see how Nigerians react now.....i just they laugh this country grin grin grin
why can't they just list this animal farm(Nija) on the stock exchange
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by otokx(m): 10:24pm On May 11, 2016
By tomorrow all petrol queues will disappear in Port Harcourt. Bought petrol 140 per litre this evening in Alakahia, Port Harcourt.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by FLYFIRE(m): 10:28pm On May 11, 2016
We saw ALL these from day ONE
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by FLYFIRE(m): 10:28pm On May 11, 2016
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by ehissi(m): 10:37pm On May 11, 2016
DeCleff:
N145/litre?

Think faster

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!

I've got a perfect alternative

Solar powered suv

From China via Alibaba.com

Halelujah

God is not charging me any money to use the sun

My Friend better keep quiet Ooh!! Before Baba Buhari/Ambode hear you come start to dey charge Solar tax!! angry
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by booblacain(m): 10:44pm On May 11, 2016
vicuto:
When dey are saying deris a casting down, i am saying deris a lefting up. Am moving on. Glory to God.

Selfish christian.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 11, 2016
Boscojugunu:
I love dis. Continue your good works buhari

Yeah...but I hope there will be abundant fuel.

I mean hop we won't end up buying at black market for #180....
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 11, 2016
if you went to the election ground, stood on the queue and voted apc,I can imagine how you must be feeling by now,such disappointment,yeah I know that feeling, the same way my dad is feeling, I did try to convince him apc couldn't give succor to the masses as they portrayed, we got into serious arguments about the elections,I purposely stayed at home on the election because I had long lost faith in the government along time ago,all politicians we're users (I saw them as play boys who would tell you what you want to hear to get into your pants,theirs was more like unrealistic campaign promises to get into office),I am no fan of politicians but I can't ignore the fact that their actions in governing affected me one way or the other,I can't say I regret being a Nigerian, who I am to question The Creator ,but seeing that things can only get worse from here on(not a prophetess of doom BTW )I only fear for the future of this country, how much longer can this staggering democracy take us?do people like me stand a chance to survive genuinely?how much frustration can the unemployed youths take coupled with the increasing harsh economic conditions?

see me self, I am here ranting,my subscription will soon expire, I dey manage my 15 mb wey etisalat give me,abeg,who cook stew wey dem use tomatoes cook,make I come chop,na only fresh pepper ,onion and tatashe stew we dey cook since March

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Dino Melaye And Hushpuppi: APC Nigeria Support Mocks Senator / Profile Of 'VIP' Inmates In Kuje Prison Before Attack / Presidential Election: Army Plays Wike's Phone Call At A Press Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.