Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 (3326 Views)

Why Nigerians Won't Occupy Nigeria As Fuel Subsidy Removed / Fuel Subsidy Removal: A Good Decision Taken Too Late / Subsidy: Muslims Call On Labour To Dialogue Not Occupy Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by UmuEri(m): 5:43pm On May 11, 2016
Now that Buhari has officially removed subsidy and increased fuel to N145 per litre,
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/breaking-fg-removes-fuel-subsidy-sell-145-per-ltr/

By now I expect NLC, TUC, ASUU, and other labour leaders to immediately set on motion, all the modalities to occupy Aso Rock.

All the schools should be closed down including markets. Civil servants should immediately embark on indefinite strike to register their displeasure.

Failure to do this, then GEJ should be given an unreserved STATE apology! And all the APC zombie should hide their faces in shame.

Infact, they should be ostracized from the rest of Nigerians because their zombiesm is legendary and contagious!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by onexile: 5:52pm On May 11, 2016
Gej was a man who saw tomorrow. But the hatred by Muslim West and the Northern oligarchy never allowed him to the exercise the mandate freely given to him by Nigerian people.

Anyway, we are watching and waiting.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by Almajiri1: 5:54pm On May 11, 2016
Ojota faaji on point!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by Businessideas: 5:57pm On May 11, 2016
Very funny.
I think that the silence of Nigerians so far shows that this government enjoys a great amount of goodwill from Nigerians akin to a willingness by a majority of Nigerians to make the necessary sacrifice so that Buhari will succeed and they believe any amount saved will not be looted like the GEJ administration. One interesting fact is that at the onset of GEJ's government, he enjoyed a similar goodwill before Nigerians wised up grin.The GEJ leadership was a casualty of the same corruption perception he gave Nigerians about his government and from the corruption exposed so far, Nigerians were actually smart and right by opposing that government because they never trusted them.
The lesson is that leadership is about trust and perception .
The right question should have been :What did GEJ do with the goodwill Nigerians gave him? undecided

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 11, 2016
I do not think anything will happen. The whole country is as at this time quiet about it.

I doubt if there will be protests, but let us see how the coming days will be like.

It is a very sensitive issue, but then we have only agreed to learn after an event.

During Jonathan's tenure, people came out en mass to protest against the removal. Only to find out years latter that it was probably a better decision.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by seunmsg(m): 6:05pm On May 11, 2016
I will support NLC and TUC if they declare a nationwide strike. Selling petrol at N145 in a country where the minimum wage is 18k is totally unacceptable. Nigerians are going through hard times already, adding extra burden to their existing troubles is very insensitive.

7 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by Lvlink(f): 6:08pm On May 11, 2016
Businessideas:
Very funny.
I think that the silence of Nigerians so far shows that this government enjoys a great amount of goodwill from Nigerians akin to a willingness to make the necessary sacrifice so that Buhari will succeed and they believe any amount saved will not be looted like the GEJ administration. One interesting fact is that at the onset of GEJ's government, he enjoyed a similar goodwill before Nigerians wised up grin.The GEJ leadership was a casualty of the same corruption perception he gave Nigerians about his government and from the corruption exposed so far, Nigerians were actually smart and right by opposing that government because they never trusted them.
The right question should have been :What did GEJ do with the goodwill Nigerians gave him? undecided
I'm sorry to say this,

You're a hypocrite. No mater the epistle you write, it's now clear to everybody that Gej was a victim of shared hatred.

Just admit it. Gej deserves an apology.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by Branzy(m): 6:09pm On May 11, 2016
this the height of wickedness

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by Businessideas: 6:10pm On May 11, 2016
seunmsg:
I will support NLC and TUC if they declare a nationwide strike. Selling petrol at N145 in a country where the minimum wage is 18k is totally unacceptable. Nigerians are going through hard times already, adding extra burden to their existing troubles is very insensitive.
Remember that they are Nigerians too. They already 'see' the mood of Nigerians. They would only do so when a government has legitimacy issues or terribly corrupt and irresponsible. Majority of Nigerians believe that this government is bogged down by the failures and corruption of the last GEJ administration.
Something similar to this happened during Tinubu's era when he restructured the state salary structure against active opposition by Labour led by Comrade Akele. Tinubu fired them and nothing happened.Federal government tried it with ASUU, their fingers got burnt. grin

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by kodded(m): 6:13pm On May 11, 2016

undecided undecided

tonyebarcanista am still waiting for your comments on this matter undecided undecided
Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by papparatzzi2013: 6:15pm On May 11, 2016
It was expected and it is required.

Anybody that wants to protest should start from his region.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by papparatzzi2013: 6:15pm On May 11, 2016
Lvlink:
I'm sorry to say this,

You're a hypocrite. No mater the epistle you write, it's now clear to everybody that Gej was a victim of shared hatred.

Rather, we deserve apology from the monumental looter from Otuoke.

If we had allowed him to remove subsidy, which integrity does he have to manage what we would have saved. That is how our savings would have been looted by him and his cohorts.

The same President that looted national treasury from 62bn to 33bn, is the president you wanted us to trust with our savings.

The same president that his Min for Finance said he lacks political will to save, is the one you want us to save our subsidy money with.

I still trust this govt. Subsidy removal was expected and it has come to stay.

Bye bye to the subsidy cabal.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by doublewisdom: 6:17pm On May 11, 2016
Nobody should occupy anywhere! Nigerians must suffer and learn the hard way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by seunmsg(m): 6:19pm On May 11, 2016
Businessideas:

Remember that they are Nigerians too. They already 'see' the mood of Nigerians. They would only do so when a government has legitimacy issues or terribly corrupt and irresponsible. Majority of Nigerians believe that this government is bogged down by the failures and corruption of the last GEJ administration.

I am a supporter of this administration but I don't think Nigerians should be killed before they start enjoying the benefits of the current administration. If government wants to remove fuel subsidy completely, they should start by increasing the minimum wage to N56,000. Increasing fuel price from N86 to N145 in a country where the minimum wage is N18k is unjust, unfair, insensitive and criminal. It is unacceptable.

4 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by amaechi1: 6:20pm On May 11, 2016
onexile:
Gej was a man who saw tomorrow. But the hatred by Muslim West and the Northern oligarchy never allowed him to the exercise the mandate freely given to him by Nigerian people.

Anyway, we are watching and waiting.

He saw tomorrow and allowed this massive looting in history of mankind to take place. So that his cronies will secure their tomorrow by looting the country to the bone marrow. Further, entrenched corruption.

Second page jaree!

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by UmuEri(m): 6:22pm On May 11, 2016
Businessideas:

Something similar to this happened during Tinubu's era when he restructured the state salary structure against active opposition by Labour led by Comrade Akele. Tinubu fired them and nothing happened.Federal government tried it with ASUU, their fingers got burnt. grin
Your zombiesm is incurably

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by Businessideas: 6:23pm On May 11, 2016
Lvlink:
I'm sorry to say this,

If you go by the shameless revelation by those being arrested and prosecuted by EFCC so far, then GEJ deserved what he got.Imagine his administration paying billions to Bafarawa for special prayers shocked
Call every Nigerian who voted against GEJ hypocrite if you like but never will they be called unpatriotic.Imagine if subsidy has been removed with Colonel Dasuki alleged to be the one sharing all the loot under GEJ's government still having the keys to the CBN vault.Nigeria don finish be that grin

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by amaechi1: 6:25pm On May 11, 2016
seunmsg:

I am a supporter of this administration but I don't think Nigerians should be killed before they start enjoying the benefits of the current administration. If government wants to remove fuel subsidy completely, they should start by increasing the minimum wage to N56,000. Increasing fuel price from N86 to N145 in a country where the minimum wage is N18k is unjust, unfair, insensitive and criminal. It is unacceptable.

That is more reason why you also demand that NASS cut their jumbo pay to argument the N18K for other workers.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by Businessideas: 6:26pm On May 11, 2016
UmuEri:
Your zombiesm is incurably
Usual uncouth nairaland children. I can live with your rudeness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by franchizy(m): 6:29pm On May 11, 2016
Before the removal of the subsidy, the govt have negotiated with all trade unions. This is a govt with a clear vision and mission.

During the period when GEJ removed subsidy, he never negotiated with anytrade union. It was after the removal and in view of a nationwide protest that GEJ started negotiation.

For corruption to reduce in the petroleum iindustry, subsidy removal is the first option. in as much a i agree that the timing of the subsidy removal is wrong, i enjoin all Nigerians to manage the situation.

The subsidy removal is a good step in the right direction.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by UmuEri(m): 6:29pm On May 11, 2016
amaechi1:

He saw tomorrow and allowed this massive looting in history of mankind to take place. So that his cronies will secure their tomorrow by looting the country to the bone marrow. Further, entrenched corruption.

Second page jaree!
my friend keep shut. All the so called PDP looters are now in APC. Eg Saraki, Amechi, Kwankwaso, Atiku, and even Obasanjo the pilot in-chief.

So what are you talking about? Or has their sins been forgiven?

Meanwhile, let me remind you that Buhari is the greatest corrupt politician, and desperate personality ever lived in Nigeria.

Read NewsWatch report below

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by UmuEri(m): 6:34pm On May 11, 2016
Businessideas:

Usual uncouth nairaland children. I can live with your rudeness.
Old Man
Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by SweetGuy225: 6:51pm On May 11, 2016
Businessideas:
Very funny.
I think that the silence of Nigerians so far shows that this government enjoys a great amount of goodwill from Nigerians akin to a willingness by a majority of Nigerians to make the necessary sacrifice so that Buhari will succeed and they believe any amount saved will not be looted like the GEJ administration. One interesting fact is that at the onset of GEJ's government, he enjoyed a similar goodwill before Nigerians wised up grin.The GEJ leadership was a casualty of the same corruption perception he gave Nigerians about his government and from the corruption exposed so far, Nigerians were actually smart and right by opposing that government because they never trusted them.

No offense my friend but your comment reeks of hypocrisy and ignorance.
The silence of Nigerians may also mean they have lost hope in the government. This government has subjected the masses to brutal economic hardship ever since it was installed. It has nothing to do with goodwill. Buhari has no goodwill left, especially in the southern part of the country.

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by Businessideas: 7:04pm On May 11, 2016
SweetGuy225:

No offense my friend but your comment reeks of hypocrisy and ignorance.
The silence of Nigerians may also mean they have lost hope in the government. This government has subjected the masses to brutal economic hardship ever since it was installed. It has nothing to do with goodwill. Buhari has no goodwill left, especially in the southern part of the country.
Ignorance of what happened under GEJ? shocked
Very funny.
This government is just enjoying the same goodwill enjoyed by the GEJ administration in its early days.If there's no goodwill so what would you call this? A government removed subsidy and the majority of Nigerians are not throwing tantrums except majority of those who never voted for him and largely those from the usual quarters.
The southern part won't even suffer from deregulation as much as the northern part so could the sin of the Buhari also include being anti-north?
For me o, I want my country to succeed and wish the president well. He's older than I so I technically have more years to benefit from his patriotic actions and decisions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by Gogetta(m): 7:07pm On May 11, 2016
seunmsg:
my brother, the deregulation that has na come was inevitable. Where are fuel importers going to get cheap forex to import? And after obtaining at the black market rate still sell at N86.50? The govt only postponed the evil day. But things will get better.
Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by SweetGuy225: 7:22pm On May 11, 2016
Businessideas:

Very funny.
This government is just enjoying the same goodwill enjoyed by the GEJ administration in its early days.If there's no goodwill so what would you call this? A government removed subsidy and the majority of Nigerians are not throwing tantrums except majority of those who never voted for him and largely those from the usual quarters.
The southern part won't even suffer from deregulation as much as the northern part so could the sin of the Buhari also include being anti-north?
For me o, I want my country to succeed and wish the president well. He's older than I so I technically have more years to benefit from his patriotic actions and decisions.

People aren't protesting because majority of the masses are already buying fuel at over 150 naira per liter for the past few months. People are just fed up! It has nothing to do with goodwill.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:22pm On May 11, 2016
I don't support its removal even though I know it's the right thing.. GEJ saw the massive looting through subsidy and decided to remove it in 2012, But Baba Tinubu and his APC Zombies protested at Ojota and other states in Nigeria....

GEJ We Miss you

cool cool cool cool
Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by Businessideas: 7:31pm On May 11, 2016
SweetGuy225:

People aren't protesting because majority of the masses are already buying fuel at over 150 naira per liter for the past few months. People are just fed up! It has nothing to do with goodwill.
They bought it at over N150 under GEJ yet they brought his government to his knees.
What just played out is one of the disadvantages of democracy:even if those in the majority are wrong, they will still have their way. This is democracy at work. Those opposing the government are in the minority. They could be right if they oppose the current government, but they won't have their way because the majority of Nigerians trust this government and wants it to succeed.
One funny thing you've not realized is that this same majority will benefit if the minority successfully force the government to reverse it's decision.
This is why I love sociology. These are complex sociological dynamics already explained in sociology under conflict theory.There is an intellectual angle to what's happening.You need to be open minded to learn.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by magmack: 7:40pm On May 11, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
I don't support its removal even though I know it's the right thing.. GEJ saw the massive looting through subsidy and decided to remove it in 2012, But Baba Tinubu and his APC Zombies protested at Ojota and other states in Nigeria....

GEJ We Miss you

cool cool cool cool

Every one knows that Tinubu is a tout and APC is morally depraved n lacks integrity.
Well we r watching in 35D

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by Businessideas: 7:42pm On May 11, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

GEJ We Miss you

cool cool cool cool

Unfortunately,the Nigerian majority and history has made its verdict on the man has having failed. Those who miss Jonathan are majorly those who never voted for President Buhari and they are mostly die-hard corrupt PDP supporters, indigenes of the south east and South south who clearly are presently in the minority for now.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by BushidoBlue(m): 7:45pm On May 11, 2016
Businessideas:

Very funny.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by UmuEri(m): 7:46pm On May 11, 2016
This is just the beginning. After Buhari finishes with Nigerians, they will know the difference between Oil and Water

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hon.owen Chidozie Ewenike-an Igbo Councillor In Ekiti State.... / A Brother's Post From May, 2015, Do We Still Have Hope? / See Andrew Yakubu Did To The Whistle Who Exposed Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.