Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - (2193 Views)

Vote APC Out In 2019 If .... - Bukola Saraki's Throwback Tweet / Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe / Top 10 Contenders For The Presidency In 2019 If President Buhari Fails To Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by Jesuschristt: 10:30pm On May 11, 2016
President Goodluck Jonathan said irrespective of the challenges Nigerians might have faced, the country remained a truly blessed one, whose diversity remained its source of strength.

Jonathan said this in his hometown to the nation made available by his Special Advise on politics John tonye

He added that he will fight corruption more if re-elected.

He said, “during our administration believes that the cost of governance in the country is still too high and must be further reduced. We will also take additional steps to stem the tide of corruption and leakages.

“We have worked hard to curb fraud in the administration of the pension system and the implementation of the petroleum subsidy scheme. We have introduced a Pensions Transition Arrangement Department under a new Director-General. Before leaving office.
“Prosecution of all those involved in robbing our country,

“Foreign travel by government personnel will be curtailed. This shall apply to all Ministries, Departments and Agencies of the Federal Government. Our strategy to curb leakages will increasingly rely on introducing the right technologies such as biometrics and digitising government payments.”

He added, “Whatever challenges we may have faced in the past we are better than buhari administration, whatever storms we may have confronted and survived, Nigeria remains a truly blessed country, a country of gifted men and women who continue to distinguish themselves in all spheres of life, a country whose diversity remains a source of strength,” he said.

The President observed that 2019 would be a momentous one for the country for several reasons, including the fact that the nation would celebrate a new leader if elected.

He recalled that the British colonial authorities amalgamated the separate Protectorates of Southern Nigeria and Northern Nigeria on January 1, 1914 to give birth to Nigeria, and now calling us corrupt country.

“Year 2019, to Nigerians, will be the beginning of a new Nigeria, but the end of a corrupt existence and the beginning of another,” he said.

This, he said, will be a moment for sober reflection and for pride in all that was great about Nigeria.

While reiterating his position that the nation’s amalgamation was not a mistake, Nigerians must resolve to continue to work together as one united people.

He assured Nigerians that if re elected his administration will remained committed to the development of the country and the consolidation of peace, unity and democratic governance.

He added that despite several domestic and global challenges, Nigerians will witness many positive developments if elected, he would strive to build upon in 2019,

The President admitted that the cost of governance in the country was still too high and must be further reduced, but buhari administration is reluctant to that,

He also promised to take additional steps to stem the tide of corruption and leakages, if reelected

Jonathan also reeled out statistics on the strides he said his past administration achieved in the agriculture, health, education, water and housing sectors among others and promised to do more if elected.
http://www.punchng.com/news/ill-fight-corruption-more-in-2019
Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by omenka(m): 10:33pm On May 11, 2016
This man na confam oponuchukwu. cheesy

I'm pretty sure he's started taking that poorly refined counterfeit again.

I'd rather vote a log of wood wearing skirts into Aso Rock than this deadbeat layabout.

9 Likes

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by blackbreed25(m): 10:34pm On May 11, 2016
NOW THIS IS THE PRAYER OF A DEAD MAN

1 Like

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by SUPERPACK: 10:39pm On May 11, 2016
Stealing is not corruption (GEJ 2014).
I will fight corruption more in 2019 (GEJ 2016)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by Dcomrade(m): 10:42pm On May 11, 2016
You have our support...... grin

1 Like

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by Pheals(f): 10:44pm On May 11, 2016
The way u fight it when you are there b4 cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by xana101: 10:46pm On May 11, 2016
Jona, plz let d sleeping dog lie.
Naija no be for d weak

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by Sall(m): 10:47pm On May 11, 2016
Me vote you again it will never happen.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by tomakint: 10:48pm On May 11, 2016
omenka:

I'd rather vote a log of wood wearing skirts into Aso Rock than this deadbeat layabout.
Most times you need to listen to yourself lately ....something is amiss this is definitely not the omenka I used to know 2 years back undecided

7 Likes

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by Henchnwa: 10:52pm On May 11, 2016
How can u be elected again to fight corruption, when u did not make a step to fight corruption in ur administration. I will advise u to wait after PMB second tenure.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by tomakint: 10:53pm On May 11, 2016
xana101:
Naija no be for d weak
Simply put, he is not talking like a weakling we used to know. You brought in a brutish, no-nonsense one called Buhari and Nigeria is like this ......yet you guys still can't see that Nigeria is even more divided than it used to be, corruption is rising more among us, fuel price had just been jerked up after perennial queues at the gas station, prices of goods are skyrocketing daily, capital flight is plaguing us week in week out, and many more unbecoming happenings yet you still can't see shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by chriskosherbal(m): 10:53pm On May 11, 2016
Alright ooo
Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by BakireBulmaker: 10:59pm On May 11, 2016
omenka:

Isnt PMB falling back on his ideas/policies?

The only key thing GEJ lacked/lacks was/is balls!

I guess his quest for a second term rendered him completely toothless and useless. Too bad!

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by phlemzy: 11:01pm On May 11, 2016
Joke of the year!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by xtgozie(m): 11:04pm On May 11, 2016
tomakint:

Simply put, he is not talking like a weakling we used to know. You brought in a brutish, no-nonsense one called Buhari and Nigeria is like this ......yet you guys still can't see that Nigeria is even more divided than it used to be, corruption is rising more among us, fuel price had just been jerked up after perennial queues at the gas station, prices of goods are skyrocketing daily, capital flight is plaguing us week in week out, and many more unbecoming happenings yet you still can't see shocked shocked

Nice
Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by papparatzzi2013: 11:08pm On May 11, 2016
Maybe he is vying for the post of the 4th \president of Bia.fra?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by goldenceo1: 11:08pm On May 11, 2016
With d way tins are going. GEJ don't even need an election to rule Nigeria again. APC is d biggest scam of d century.
Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by omenka(m): 11:10pm On May 11, 2016
tomakint:

Most times you need to listen to yourself lately ....something is amiss this is definitely not the omenka I used to know 2 years back undecided
Look in the mirror and say that again buddy.

Then quote all those idiots who mention my moniker and say same to them.

When you are done, ask yourself if what you lot are doing as opposition politics has made nairaland any better than it was two years ago. If you guys are ready to engage constructively, we are more than willing to do same.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by drshrewd: 11:12pm On May 11, 2016

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by omenka(m): 11:12pm On May 11, 2016
SUPERPACK:
Stealing is not corruption (GEJ 2014).
I will fight corruption more in 2019 (GEJ 2016)
Imagine the crap coming from a so called president. Then someone would sit somewhere to tell me to "listen to myself".

Mtscheew.

6 Likes

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by Day169: 11:13pm On May 11, 2016
Hush! ..you've had your chance.
PS. ..just imagine "Mama Peace" for another 4 years of our future? No way!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by tomakint: 11:15pm On May 11, 2016
omenka:
Look in the mirror and say that again buddy.

Then quote all those idiots who mention my moniker and say same to them.
Are you for real at the bolded? I am talking about your line of reasoning lately and you are talking about your "fans" .....do I have any connection with them? Nigeria is bleeding to death and I keep hearing you saying....Sai Buhari...carry go Baba. Omenka, is everything alright?
Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by IRserveMyComent(f): 11:16pm On May 11, 2016
xana101:
Naija no be for d weak
But the economy was better under that weak man. Guess i prefer this weak man over the present strong man.
Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by omenka(m): 11:17pm On May 11, 2016
tomakint:

Are you for real at the bolded? I am talking about your line of reasoning lately and you are talking about your "fans" .....do I have any connection with them? Nigeria is bleeding to death and I keep hearing you saying....Sai Buhari...carry go Baba. Omenka, is everything alright?
Everything is alright. Tomakint, is everything alright?

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by malton: 11:23pm On May 11, 2016
Is this a joke or something ?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by nobilis: 11:25pm On May 11, 2016
Jonathan, you once told us what corruption was not.
Now that u wanna fight corruption, please tell us:
What is corruption?

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by tomakint: 11:27pm On May 11, 2016
omenka:
Everything is alright. Tomakint, is everything alright?
Everything is OK with me.....thanks for asking!
Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by seunlayi(m): 11:37pm On May 11, 2016
Who will believe this crap

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by omenka(m): 11:45pm On May 11, 2016
tomakint:
Everything is OK with me.....thanks for asking!
You're welcome.
Good night.
Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by comrChris(m): 11:53pm On May 11, 2016
op sorry try again later,l can never fall for this, you quoted what he said before 2015 election just that you added some certain things to make it look recent and many gullible nairalanders are already buying this your lie smh

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by RZArecta(m): 11:54pm On May 11, 2016
Somebody fabricated a cóck and bull story while other so called intelligent human beings swallowed it hook, line and sinker. It's a fact that many Nigerians especially in the ruling party dislike Gej with a burning passion but that doesn't mean we should fabricate libelous stories against him (which have only one aim)

I urge OAM4J and MYND44 to take down this thread for posting false information which is a violation of nairaland rules.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2019 If Elected – Jonathan - by Babacele: 4:37am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
Imagine the crap coming from a so called president. Then someone would sit somewhere to tell me to "listen to myself".

Mtscheew.
his cluelessness no get part 2. I doubt this story though.....

1 Like

(1) (2)

Breaking News: Chevron Suffers Another Attack From Niger Delta Avengers / ‘the Untold Story Of How Female Gospel Singer Died In My Hotel Room’ – Pst. Okpe / Obasanjo Twin Brother Driving Okada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.