Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,077 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe (41021 Views)

Doyin Okupe And Wife Tested Positive For COVID-19. Pictured At Isolation Centre / Osinbajo Must Defend Allegations Against Jonathan, Saraki - Timi Frank / "I Will Kill 200 Nigerians If Buhari Dies" – Police Officer From Borno Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by ganisucks(f): 1:12pm On Jun 03, 2017
The Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs to former President Goodluck Jonathan, Dr Doyin Okupe has given reasons Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo must not attempt to run for the President’s office if anything happens to President Muhammad Buhari.
On why President Buhari will not resign, Okupe said the north are afraid of what played out during late President Umaru Yar’Adua’s time.

He noted that majority of people in the north felt they have been cheated when Jonathan was installed constitutionally after Yar’Adua’s death.

He told Tribune, “We do not tell each other the truth. The north is afraid; they have the deja vu feeling.

“Because of the situation of the health of President Buhari, they are afraid of the scenario of the late President Umaru Yar’Adua playing itself out again.

“They don’t want that. And nobody should, if they want peace for this country, envisage such.

“In this country, it may not be written in the constitution but once a southerner is president and completes his term, the next president will come from the north and vice versa.

It is an unwritten constitution that we politicians follow and we ought to honour and respect that arrangement.

“For instance, when you pick a Christian as president, automatically, his vice president would be a Muslim and vice versa.

“These are unwritten laws that we all have an abiding faith in but we had a situation whereby Yar’Adua had a promising eight-year tenure, which was the turn of the north, but he did two years and died and constitutionally, they installed Jonathan, a southerner.

“After completing Yar’Adua’s term, Jonathan, with the support of some of us, went ahead and contested an election, won and by so doing, deprived the north of their legitimate turn.

“All the problems that Jonathan had, including Boko Haram and the kidnap of the Chibok girls, coupled with all the abuses he got that he was clueless, all the difficulties he had in governance were a result of that action.

“The majority of the people in the north felt that they were being cheated and didn’t say anything. It is the same thing that we are facing now.

“People in the north are afraid that such scenario will play out again but they don’t want to talk about it.

“Many people in the south are gloating and wishing that acting President Osinbajo assumes the office or run for presidency after completing the first term with President Buhari.

“No, it can’t work. We cannot punish the north because of an unexpected development in the polity.

“If we have an agreement that this is how we should run our country, neither sickness nor death should cause a violation of that agreement.

“That is where the elites err; rather than talk about it, they want to be deceptive about it.

“The south is being pretentious that they don’t know that such an agreement exists, while the north wants to be deceitful that they have a special answer.

“This is a national problem that needs to be openly discussed by the leaders so as to move the country forward, instead of playing games. You don’t play games with the destiny of Nigerians.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/03/2019-osinbajo-must-not-contest-buhari-dies-doyin-okupe/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by rollybest(m): 1:14pm On Jun 03, 2017
Yes sir we have heard since you are the creator of Nigeria. it's alright observing with David Mark Senate committee on observation

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by jmoore(m): 1:16pm On Jun 03, 2017
Play your cards, but God will play his own cards as well.

Yar adua did not complete his term.

Buhari is sick, obviously can't complete his term. Maybe he may resign or.....

Elect another northerner with an Igbo vice president, if the above scenario repeats itself an Igbo man will automatically find his way to to the office of the President.

2019, we go see na.

Foolish politicians are the ones obsessed with zoning formula!!!

A country of more than 150 million that can't boast of 7,000 megawatts of electricity, and all these stupid politicians can think of is which tribe the president should come from.

undecided

257 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 03, 2017
This should be the most senseless article I've read since I was born undecided

Nigerians, we are finished grin
We don enter one chance undecided

Please what's the name of the weed this dunce is taking? It should be given an award.

170 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by SuperS1Panther: 1:16pm On Jun 03, 2017
So you knew this and you were still campaigning for the Drunken Master of Otuoke?

You are a sycophant that could not tell his Boss the truth and you should be an outcast for being disloyal and unpatriotic.

Has PMB informed you he is not contesting again?or tell us what we don't know.

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by maverickdude(m): 1:17pm On Jun 03, 2017
The man is not dead yet or so we think, permutations and advise have been flying around like this
Chai, Buhari don suffer

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by ganisucks(f): 1:17pm On Jun 03, 2017
2days after barcanista posts something similar on nairaland, this indomie brain gives an interview chorusing and singing the same garbage. So their attempt to deceive tinubu and form a fake alliance with him has failed. How stewpid do you think tinubu is. You corrupt PDP thugs should go and commit suicide. Lamido will never, i repeat, will never become president. You will continue to fail.

33 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by jmoore(m): 1:21pm On Jun 03, 2017
“If we have an agreement that this is
how we should run our country,
neither sickness nor death should cause
a violation of that agreement. “That is where the elites err; rather
than talk about it, they want to be
deceptive about it. “The south is being pretentious that
they don’t know that such an
agreement exists, while the north
wants to be deceitful that they have a
special answer.

Where is the agreement in our constitution?
undecided

15 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by carzola(m): 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2017
Nigeria is not a country
Its just a land people
Gather to wait for judgement
Day...

Who the hell does zoning in this
Century..

The president can come from
Anywhere..

Its better we split this country..
Am tired of this tribalism and
Lack of unity.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by osinbanjoisaliar: 1:24pm On Jun 03, 2017
The political suicide of the southwest will be complete in 2019. The abiola affair will be childsplay compared to what will happen to tinubu and his sheepish followers. After 2019, when you people hear the words "election" you will turn ben johnson

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by LadyG100: 1:25pm On Jun 03, 2017
Nonsense article, doesn't deserve any sensible reply at all.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by omenkaLives(m): 1:29pm On Jun 03, 2017
I'm with okuigbe on this. It was the same fatal mistake Jonathan made. If baba is unable to continue, please our dearest VeePee, kindly organise a free and fair election, walk away from all the allure of the office and then throw your hat in the ring in 2023.

I have no doubt if you do this, you'd be totally unstoppable! Of possible, we'd have the North sign a pact thieves is contesting is gonna serve a single term and give room for the south to have their own eight years. And who better in the South to be there right now than Osinbajo?

My opinion.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by Ngokafor(f): 1:30pm On Jun 03, 2017
...Osibanjo should respect himself and resist the temptation and prompting from his self-centred kinsmen and squash any thought of contesting in 2019..

..or else,he will be thoroughly disgraced at the polls..thats if he even gets a ticket in APC.

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by Jostico: 1:31pm On Jun 03, 2017
Please who's that man

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by Kemperor: 1:48pm On Jun 03, 2017
Well we follow the constitution... Even Bubu always talk about the rule of law...

Osinbanjo must take over and also contest in the next election... It is his constitutional right...

As an Igbo man i stand with the Yorubas on this one....

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by malton: 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
I don't get all the talk about Osinbajo contesting in 2019.

I mean, the man never spoke about nursing such ambitions.

Make chicken climb tree before you accuse am of plucking mango na, abi?

If he decides to contest, Lord knows he has my vote and those of my family members.

I don't give rat's ass what the north thinks or wants.

Rotational presidency my foot!

When then shall we make room for competence?

May the best man win, shikenan.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by samkay3g(m): 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
Osibanjo 2019...u v gat my vote, Okupe just trying hard to remain relevant

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by malton: 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2017
omenkaLives:
I'm with okuigbe on this. It was the same fatal mistake Jonathan made. If baba is unable to continue, please our dearest VeePee, kindly organise a free and fair election, walk away from all the allure of the office and then throw your hat in the ring in 2023.

I have no doubt if you do this, you'd be totally unstoppable! Of possible, we'd have the North sign a pact thieves is contesting is gonna serve a single term and give room for the south to have their own eight years. And who better in the South to be there right now than Osinbajo?

My opinion.

In the end, will that Northern candidate agree to serve a single term only?

I mean, the person, whoever they turn out to be, will agree to a single tenure at first. But you know how the lure of power causes people to lose control of their faculties. He'll still go for more, and then we are stuck right here.

I'm of the opinion that they should jettison the arrangement altogether.

15 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by Firgemachar: 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
What is Doyin Okupe?

So if God helps Osinbajo to restore the country to May 2015 economically, he should step down and handover to someone who will take us back all over again abi

Osinbajo's performance will determine whether he will contest in 2019 or not.

Okupe and his cowardly ilk should go and die.

24 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by zombieTRACKER: 3:05pm On Jun 03, 2017
All this politicians
What happened to finding a credible person
All we hear about is region.. Religion etc

Nigeria is doomed
It's just come and eat for the politicians

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by slimfit1(m): 3:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
When are we going to look in areas of development first before ethnic consideration. If we fight for development first we will actually go far I'm this country. Hausa people must provide someone that is proven with ideas moving this country forward interns of rapid development before they think of talking about power. We Yoruba people will stop jumping into a sinking ship in other to keep this country one but you don't want to be ruled over but you want to rule over others while you always captain the ship into the sea bed.

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by Kondomatic(m): 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2017
omenkaLives:

My opinion.
Lols....

I don't understand you guys.

So what you are saying in essence is that Osibanjo (because of unwritten constitution) should hand over to a Northern candidate even if he turns Nigeria to everyone's dream before 2019.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
Well Said!!!

Osinbajo has no business contesting in 2019. Ditto Buhari...

It is both morally and politically unjust to do that. But if he decides to run, I guarantee that he will suffer the heaviest defeat in our political history.

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by ivolt: 5:56pm On Jun 03, 2017
okay
Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by ivolt: 5:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
osinbanjoisaliar:
The political suicide of the southwest will be complete in 2019. The abiola affair will be childsplay compared to what will happen to tinubu and his sheepish followers. After 2019, when you people hear the words "election" you will turn ben johnson

You are obviously a kid for comparing Osinbajo with Abiola.

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by leofab(f): 6:28pm On Jun 03, 2017
Never ?
Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by deedeedee1: 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2017
osinbanjoisaliar:
Lols! Baba you are just making noise. If osinbajo runs for presidency you will do nothing but only wail . Just watch and see.

12 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by HiddenShadow: 7:06pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hope Afonjas are listening

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by deedeedee1: 7:06pm On Jun 03, 2017
Ngokafor:

...Osibanjo should respect himself and resist the temptation and prompting from his self-centred kinsmen and squash any thought of contesting in 2019..

..or else,he will be thoroughly disgraced at the polls..thats if he even gets a ticket in APC.
You are just making noise. He will be disgraced in igboland which is expected.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2017
Run run eh...

Osibanjo please eh run..

no mind your masters..just run.

we yorubas dey your bac kampe run..

we don dey campaign already..
OSIBANJO 4 president.

If you no Runm.we go scatter everything oh..

Run ehm. OUR saviour.. please.

Na bEg we Dey.. No fall our hand.. just run..

infact na Goodluck OSIBANJO be your name na

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by lonelydora: 9:34pm On Jun 03, 2017
The only problem I have with Osibanjo in case of any eventualities is that he wants to be seen as a good man and may not take certain decisions to move the country forward.

12 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe by DanseMacabre(m): 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
Men, fvck all these fvcktards and all their fvckery!

Abeg, even though I'm a passive Barca fan, let me be the first person to congratulate Madrid on breaking the hitherto unsurmountable jinx of winning the elusive UEFA Champions League back to back. Hala Madrid.

I tap into your success for the Golden State Warriors to win the NBA Championship. Amen.

Soponna fire you if you no like this post. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Feeds His Wife, Precious Chikwendu At A Restaurant (photos) / The Moment Rivers State Taskforce Vehicle Was Destroyed By Angry Youths (Video) / Dangote Calls Tinubu “Asiwaju Of Nigeria” At The Launch Of His Fertilizer Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.