Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,578 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Counter Thread To "5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Counter Thread To "5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists" (1914 Views)

Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Counter Thread To "5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists" by DivaFiva: 7:55pm On May 13, 2016
odijeks:

There is little contradiction between what I said and what you posted above. In my post I said Earth is the only "KNOWN" habitable planet and like you rightly pointed out there are possibilities of there being several other habitable planets in the universe. But if you push it further to think that all it takes to create life is the presence of a habitable planet, then you've allowed the scientists confuse your thinking. the habitable zones only relate to planets being able to hold water in liquid state. it is however not the only factor necessary for this phenomenon to happen as I previously noted, cos if it was, our moon would have liquid water on it. Also note that Water sustains life. It however doesn't create life. Water is a very important factor for life sustenance, but we both know that its one of the several things that makes life possible. A CHZ zone, along with other variables, only makes water likely available. So if you look at it critically, a CHZ zone is still a long shot away from bringing together all the requirements for life as we have on our planet. So much more still has to be put in place.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not discrediting scientists or science. Science and technology has made life a lot more comfortable and meaningful. If anything, I would love for us to increase in our discoveries and achievements as humans and I'm sure this would happen in the future ahead. If people are sincere enough, they'll be able to link scientific discoveries with the truth about God and his intellect. But No!, they'll rather attribute magnificent brilliance to luck.

Its true you don't have to take anybody's word for it. You as well have an intelligent mind and can make conclusions you want after analyzing facts laid before you. These ones understood scientific laws, but they knew that universal laws couldn't explain everything they could see or perceive. and you, if you are African, should be in the better place to know that there are things that could go down right before your eyes that makes rubbish of all you've learned from your physics and chemistry textbooks, signifying existence of supernatural forces not bound to natural laws.

You talked about the Earth being imperfect. that is true. But God let evil run its course till the appointed time when He would destroy all evil and bring back perfection. However, He would judge based on who he is and his standards not by man's standards. Unfortunately for man, God is so Holy that we can never meet his standards. We would always fall short no matter how hard we try. That spells doom for the human race when God finally judges and does away with evil on the last day. What Jesus did was to bring the judgement day to the cross, God judged all men guilty because we really were and He sentenced us to death and hell. Jesus took this punishment on our behalf, so regardless of what happens here on earth, when we die we never have to face judgement for our sins. we are allowed to enjoy eternal life with God even though we don't deserve it. God has already addressed the judgement of the whole human race on Jesus and would never bring our cases back to court cos our cases have been fully dismissed. There is nothing more precious to a man than his life. you could give up everything you own to safe guard your life. But God proved how he loves you by laying down his own life in your place. Many think that sounds absurd, but I know several men that would willingly take the place of their daughter dying of cancer on a hospital bed. That's how sympathetic God was towards us as regards the coming judgement.

Maybe what you should be doing is to really research the authenticity and claims of the bible. Neglect what people have said is in the bible, open it and read it for yourself to actually know what it says.
I have read the Bible and one thing I can say is logic is not exactly a reliable tool to understand the stories and you often run into contradictions, out of context interpretation and differences in bible versions. Because of these limitations (and the fact that there are other religions that may be true), I have decided that the odds of eternal suffering being worse than living poor in Nigeria and making it to heaven to live to praise God day in day out is quite slim. Neither is the chances of any of these stories being [b]100% accurate [/b]looking great either.

I appreciate your efforts to help me understand.
Re: Counter Thread To "5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists" by odijeks(m): 8:59pm On May 13, 2016
DivaFiva:

I have read the Bible and one thing I can say is logic is not exactly a reliable tool to understand the stories and you often run into contradictions, out of context interpretation and differences in bible versions. Because of these limitations (and the fact that there are other religions that may be true), I have decided that the odds of eternal suffering being worse than living poor in Nigeria and making it to heaven to live to praise God day in day out is quite slim. Neither is the chances of any of these stories being [b]100% accurate [/b]looking great either.

I appreciate your efforts to help me understand.

well, the surefire way we'll all know if the claims of the bible is true or not is when we die. Let's wait it out and see.
Re: Counter Thread To "5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists" by emorse(m): 5:31pm On May 19, 2016
BLINGZ88:
he might know what will happen if something goes wrong and what will happen if the same thing goes write but if he knows that I for instance will go to hell after earth, then that defeats the plan for sending me here. My point being, that God have and will always leave us to choose the path that we have to follow even if he knows the outcome of both paths just like he did to the angels and lucifer not that he can't command us to do right but he because he won't force anyone to follow him

You're just trying explain something you cannot substantiate bro. The same thing that all human religions have tried but failed to do over the years. Fact is, you're not the creator. You don't know him. No one does. So no one can speak in his stead.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion / Why Fed. Govt Must Stop This Man By All Means / Women Can You Date An Atheist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.