Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion (1915 Views)

Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / The Idea 'god' In Religion Is Just Basically The Ultimate Desire Of Man / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by BayLord01(m): 8:38am On Jul 31, 2016
Atheism is more than just the knowledge that gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature.
Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-o, and all the other things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by tomquest: 8:44am On Jul 31, 2016
BayLord01:
Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-o, and all the other things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have.

Someday you will get to know that someone created you. ALL religions talk about a Supreme Being, a Creator behind this universe.

If you are now too wise to aknowlege that a Supreme Being exists, I wish you goodluck in your afterlife.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by Tenkobos(m): 8:48am On Jul 31, 2016
BayLord01:
Atheism is more than just the knowledge that gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature.
Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth , beauty, sex, Jell-o, and all the other things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have.
God is love and Jesus is the truth.

I will advise you to face your atheism and leave christians alone.

1 Like

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 31, 2016
I'm waiting For Seun here cheesy
Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by Juxtified(m): 8:52am On Jul 31, 2016
Whatever works for you.
Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by BayLord01(m): 8:53am On Jul 31, 2016
Tenkobos:

Jesus' last words on the cross, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" hardly seem like the words of a man who planned it that way. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure there is something wrong here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by donnffd(m): 8:56am On Jul 31, 2016
tomquest:

Someday you will get to know that someone created you. ALL religions talk about a Supreme Being, a Creator behind this universe.

If you are now too wise to aknowlege that a Supreme Being exists, I wish you goodluck in your afterlife.

So because all religions believes in some sort of deity means that a deity exists?...bad logic

The fact that every tribe of the human race since the time of the Neanderthal have some belief in a deity not because a deity exists, but because of our inbuilt need to believe that a deity who created it all exists, its our way of trying to make sense of the world around us...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 31, 2016
pls keep ur atheism to urself. don't come and corrupt young Christian minds that no supreme being exists
stop recruiting people to ur atheist belief

1 Like

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by onetrack(m): 9:16am On Jul 31, 2016
Mafizo:
pls keep ur atheism to urself. don't come and corrupt young Christian minds that no supreme being exists

Let the Christians keep their Christianity to themselves as well. No TV preaching, no missionary workers, etc. Until then, no deal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by BayLord01(m): 9:17am On Jul 31, 2016
Mafizo:
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours

2 Likes

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by winner01(m): 9:21am On Jul 31, 2016
onetrack:

Let the Christians keep their Christianity to themselves as well. No TV preaching, no missionary workers, etc. Until then, no deal.
This is a religion section, why not tell seun to change it to an atheist section.

We will leave at once and never bother you with our preaching.

How can one be uncomfortable with christians preaching in a section where people are meant to share their belief in God?

What are you doin on a religion section, do you have problems understanding simple instructions?.
Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by winner01(m): 9:25am On Jul 31, 2016
BayLord01:

Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-o, and all the other things I can prove.
What if we believe in those things you listed far more dearly than you do? undecided

What then would you have us do?
Fosake those things simply cos you said so.

You people have zero point.

Just keep preaching your atheism, but dont try to paint it as a worthy idea..
Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by tomquest: 9:26am On Jul 31, 2016
donnffd:

So because all religions believes in some sort of deity means that a deity exists?...bad logic

The fact that every tribe of the human race since the time of the Neanderthal have some belief in a deity not because a deity exists, but because of our inbuilt need to believe that a deity who created it all exists, its our way of trying to make sense of the world around us...

Who created the first man and woman?

Who created the vast and complicated universe?

Logic?

No problems!

1 Like

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by BayLord01(m): 9:27am On Jul 31, 2016
winner01:
What if we believe in those things you listed far more dearly than you do? undecided

What then would you have us do?
Fosake those things simply cos you said so.

You people have zero point.

Just keep preaching your atheism, but dont try to paint it as a worthy idea..
#Humanity
Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by winner01(m): 9:36am On Jul 31, 2016
tomquest:

Logic?

No problems!
He will give u some yeye paragraphs of explanation.

According to atheists, we are products of meaninglessness.

So why are they trying to sell meaninglessness to us.
Thats what I have a problem with.

2 Likes

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by BayLord01(m): 9:40am On Jul 31, 2016
tomquest:

Logic?

No problems!
Tell us how your claim creator exist
Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by donnffd(m): 9:44am On Jul 31, 2016
tomquest:

Logic?

No problems!

What makes you think someone created them?
Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by tomquest: 9:49am On Jul 31, 2016
HateU2:
I'm waiting For Seun here cheesy

Why Seun?
Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by tomquest: 9:59am On Jul 31, 2016
donnffd:

What makes you think someone created them?

I'm not here to argue, just trying to make you think more deeply. I'll pray for the salvation of your soul. God bless you.
Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by tomquest: 10:03am On Jul 31, 2016
tomquest:

Someday you will get to know that someone you.
Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by argon500: 10:08am On Jul 31, 2016
The picture says it all...

Believe is something you have seen, touch or felt
Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 31, 2016
tomquest:

Why Seun?
Because it's Seun undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by tomquest: 10:18am On Jul 31, 2016
HateU2:
Because it's Seun undecided
ok
Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by donnffd(m): 10:20am On Jul 31, 2016
tomquest:

I'm not here to argue, just trying to make you think more deeply. I'll pray for the salvation of your soul. God bless you.

Amen, thanks
Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by tonyx4x44(m): 10:20am On Jul 31, 2016
Mafizo:
stop recruiting people to your atheist belief

Why would you need to protect someone from other knowledge, if he is so sure in what he believes?

This is the same reason why they evangelist was murdered in kubwa. If you so firmly believe that only your faith is the correct one you shouldn't need to protect all you children from other information.

As a professor once said on a Ted talk "don't teach atheism in schools. Rather teach religion - all the religions, their history, origins, rites, leaders, and their life, and thought processes. All backed with unbiased historical information.

The students will choose for themselves."

Ignorance is a form of control.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by onetrack(m): 10:21am On Jul 31, 2016
winner01:
This is a religion section, why not tell seun to change it to an atheist section.

How can one be uncomfortable with christians preaching in a section where people are meant to share their belief in God?

What are you doin on a religion section, do you have problems understanding simple instructions?.

The religion section can include any topic related to religion, which also includes arguments against it. The section is not entitled, "Pro-Religion".

I actually have no problem with religious preaching or missionary work, since the marketplace of ideas should be open to everyone's point of view, but this also means that I should be able to call out a scam if I think I see one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by winner01(m): 10:34am On Jul 31, 2016
onetrack:

The section is not entitled, "Pro-Religion".

Stare at the picture below for 10 minutes maybe it would sink.

Share your belief in God or Higher powers

How is this not pro-religion?.

Since you dismiss all gods, why then are you here. To share your unbelief? undecided

Are you sure you arnt depressed? or do you just have problems with simple instructions?.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by lazyList: 10:38am On Jul 31, 2016
If Adam and Eve's children had children with each other,perhaps the whole generation of humanity would have experience chromosomal abnormality,due to error in cell division.since the bible/Quran can't tell us how humans populated the earth, how can it tell us where we go after death ..

BETTER FACE UR LIVES AND HUSTLE HARD....
GOD CANNOT SEE YOU THOUGH ANYTHING U CANNOT HANDLE!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by Mobi47(m): 11:07am On Jul 31, 2016
tomquest:

don't mind him, even the devil as wise as he is, believes in the existence of God. this guys are simply claiming to b wiser than the devil.

1 Like

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by HCpaul(m): 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2016
Mafizo:

We are not recruiting anybody but actually trying to create a sane world by evaluating the beliefs of primitive men.

winner01:

It is not religion that we are fighting but the ignorance of religious men and the delusion that religion accompanied.

1 Like

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by oyewolestephen(m): 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2016
The severe problem facing the religious is that they will rather believe than to think

1 Like

Re: A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion by khaynoni(m): 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2016
Tenkobos:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God / Questions On The Bible / Why Will Satan Torture People In Hell For Disobeying The Same God He Disobeyed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.