Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker (28838 Views)

Lady Sacked For Refusing To Say Good Morning To Her Co-Worker / My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity / A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by Mbediogu(m): 7:04am On May 13, 2016
calddon:
True, lack of concentration.

It is very bad especially in your own business. No person should date his worker or client.
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by CaptainBomb(m): 7:12am On May 13, 2016
Hillzy:

Dating foshi
o wa date ni company ni abi? I will make sure you are fired next week.
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by Nobody: 7:15am On May 13, 2016
ChappyChase:

Please add course mate!

Dating a neighbour is a no no... it is even better with a colleague or course mate

The neighbourhood never forgets

1 Like

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by jamillion: 7:19am On May 13, 2016
We can jst be avin a frndly f**k.
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by Hillzy(m): 7:21am On May 13, 2016
CaptainBomb:
o wa date ni company ni abi? I will make sure you are fired next week.
Captain biko, awon apc ti removed subsidy n u won fire me

2 Likes

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by beautycrush24(f): 7:21am On May 13, 2016
Who cares what others think? They can gossip till thy kingdom comes.
If they all think u got promoted cos u're datin d boss then dey shud go and date d boss too.
Biko if u're strong enough to handle both emotions well, PLZ GO RIGHT AHEAD

2 Likes

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by beautycrush24(f): 7:23am On May 13, 2016
jewlucy:
It's really fun, especially when it is your boss

Lol....tell them

1 Like

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by mrjojo: 7:25am On May 13, 2016
Currently in one, sometimes when we have issues during the weekend, I can't even explain the feeling going to work the next monday.
I almost resigned once. It was just ultra awkward, and people that didn't even knw we were dating got to knw then, cos we weren't on talking terms. And also, forget about "ur freedom" U can't even say you are busy or at work, because of course, our work schedule is dsame.
If you can handle all emotional drama sha, it the sweetest thing

1 Like

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by CaptainBomb(m): 7:27am On May 13, 2016
Hillzy:

Captain biko, awon apc ti removed subsidy n u won fire me
they stop winking to That secretary or
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by viki84(m): 7:38am On May 13, 2016
Just as it is dating your lodge mate as well, it never ends well..
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by Nobody: 7:38am On May 13, 2016
360frolic:
We ladies know it can be quite tasking balancing a relationship with a full-time job, especially if he has a different job from yours. Some of us, whether as a first or last resort, take to dating a co-worker.

This can be very easy to fall into, because the more time you spend in the office together, the more likely it is that you get close to this your male co-worker. It is a natural process and happens a lot. However, some people go beyond a friendship and start dating their co-worker. Many women like to keep their affair under wraps and away from the office right? So what could be the reason for it? Well, whatever the reasons, let’s consider some hard truths about dating the office hottie.

1. Dating a co-worker leads to gossip

When a person dates a fellow colleague, ultimately other people in the office will start gossiping about the relationship. This might not go down well with the boss. Therefore, if one dates a coworker, the affair should be kept as a secret. People may start to question if you got a promotion or an incentive because of your relationship with Bob the HR Guy. Be prepared for the office rumour mill.

2. Personal difference might lead to trouble

In every relationship, there might be arguments and fights in a relationship. Unfortunately, you don’t get to storm off to work and leave your problems at home. They are following you to work and you have to deal with them all day. This might affect professional relationships.

3. Breaking up is difficult

Breaking up an affair with a co-worker is all the more difficult, for the simple reason that you both have to work in the same office! The tension may cause someone to resign or ask to transfer.

4. Dating the boss: Win or Lose

This situation can take you at a higher position or you could end up losing your job. Dating the boss means there will most likely be special preferences: from rewards to bonus and references. However, this might not go well with the other co-workers in the office. Eventually, people may come to doubt if you occupy certain positions or are given certain benefits because of merit or because of who you’re romancing. If you want people to focus on your professional abilities, then this may be one area you may want to avoid.

I’m not saying don’t date a coworker, I’m simply trying to state the truth: dating a coworker could lead to problems. The biggest hazard of workplace relationships is that it may end. You both have to have a conversation about what happens if you break up.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/05/4-truths-about-dating-co-worker.html

cc lalasticlala
We ladies
You're an imposter
You need to be banned forever.
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by menxer: 7:42am On May 13, 2016
gpatern:
It will make small your work and time....so be very careful learn from this illustration :Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis .Men at 60 play golf . have you noticed that as you get older,your balls get smaller.

... and harder. grin

1 Like

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by Nobody: 7:42am On May 13, 2016
I can't even date a guy on the same street with me not to talk of coworker,its just awkward #just my personal opinion

2 Likes

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by OgidiOlu3(m): 7:46am On May 13, 2016
ChappyChase:

Please add course mate!
Yes, that too. I didn't date a coursemate throughout my undergrad days.

1 Like

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by Babatea3(m): 7:46am On May 13, 2016
You're very correct... It will always result to lack of concentration hence affecting your output while the job suffers...
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by menxer: 7:48am On May 13, 2016
...Been there, done that.

Dating a co-worker is walking a high tight rope: very exhilarating and dangerous at the same time.

it is for those matured enough to put certain emotional feelings under great control, No room for jealousy.
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by ipreach: 7:49am On May 13, 2016
that is Noooo for me, though a junior co worker have initiated that but i turned her off because dating her will bring distraction in the office

1 Like

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by ChappyChase: 7:56am On May 13, 2016
FredN:

Dating a neighbour is a no no... it is even better with a colleague or course mate

The neighbourhood never forgets
I call it house rat package grin

1 Like

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:59am On May 13, 2016
I'm a strong advocate of "Don't poop where you eat" It's never been my cup of tea, and would never be my cup of tea. Too much drama involved and almost never ends well.

1 Like

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by LePrezident(m): 8:04am On May 13, 2016
gpatern:
It will make small your work and time....so be very careful learn from this illustration :Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis .Men at 60 play golf . have you noticed that as you get older,your balls get smaller.

I hope you know that the golf ball is bigger than the tennis ball.
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by LeBlack: 8:06am On May 13, 2016
Found this useful too...

Dating a Colleague in the Office? This is What You Need to Know

Have you ever dated, or thought of dating a colleague in your office before? Dating your colleague in the office can be very thrilling, what about the hide-and-seek game? But it can also be very dangerous to your career if not well-managed and if you’re flouting company policy. Unless you are married and have scruples against it, nothing stops you from fancying someone you admire in your office and ending up having a romantic crush, but you must apply some maturity to make it work or it might end up disastrous. While some people will admit to having dated someone they have worked with, many others would rather be discreet and keep things to themselves. Whatever you choose to do, you must bear the following dos and don’ts in mind

1. Never, never date your boss: Dating your boss is a no-no situation and definitely a no-go area, yet it is the most common thing around. Bosses date their secretaries and managers date their subordinates, but it often turn awry in the end because insubordination soon sets in and this affects business or productivity. There is no denying the fact that dating your boss could lead to marriage and something more serious, but if you must make sure you do not report directly to the said boss. Yes, do not date a boss in the office and if you must then ensure that you do not directly report to him…or her.

Read more: http://www.gistheadlines.com/dating-a-colleague-in-the-office/
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by LePrezident(m): 8:09am On May 13, 2016
ThoniaSlim:
I'm a strong advocate of "Don't poop where you eat" It's never been my cup of tea, and would never be my cup of tea. Too much drama involved and almost never ends well.

ThoniaSlim me I like ur pinshure o grin
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by yellowbeauty(f): 8:14am On May 13, 2016
jewlucy:
correct babe
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by permanentgrace(m): 8:17am On May 13, 2016
jewlucy:

Someone like you fuccks old men/other women's husbands alot. I'm sure you dont not even have your own man but be fuccking people's husband every now and then.
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by Nobody: 8:21am On May 13, 2016
CaptainBomb:
Kilo foshi
Abi ooo! Nothing attractive about it embarassed Wubbish angry
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by CaptainBomb(m): 8:26am On May 13, 2016
chimkaire:
Abi ooo! Nothing attractive about it embarassed Wubbish angry
infact .. I am 101% against it...

1 Like

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by golddeejay(m): 8:32am On May 13, 2016
Mbediogu:

It is very bad especially in your own business. No person should date his worker or client.
correct! dating someone working 4 u can sink ur ship fast

1 Like

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by golddeejay(m): 8:41am On May 13, 2016
having a 'no commitment just phvking relationship' with a colleague can be fun. but ladies just cant keep their emotions in check. they will find a way to bring drama in even when d terms and conditions were listed
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by Joe892: 8:43am On May 13, 2016
True
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by Escobapablo(m): 8:52am On May 13, 2016
I don't know abt outright dating, bt I do know that an office romance can add spice to a very stressful job. It gives one something to look forward to in d office or site or work environment.

N as much as we all agree that it's not right, it is always happening. U can't tell when it hits u. If u like be superman or wonder woman. It's there in every office. U know y? It natural. D same thing that happens when u put a boy and a girl together in one place for days.

1 Like

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by Nobody: 8:53am On May 13, 2016
true!
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by GatJokez(f): 8:58am On May 13, 2016
Bad bad idea, just don't do it! Leave work for working.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls / A Nairalander Sent Me N25,000 After Reading My Post / Mortuary Workers Seize Corpse At A Cemetery In Ghana Over Balance Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.