Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Questions To Ask Your Mechanic Next Time You Visit - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Questions To Ask Your Mechanic Next Time You Visit (20389 Views)

How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? / What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car / 5 Ways To Know Your Car More Than Your Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions To Ask Your Mechanic Next Time You Visit by Bbklopsy: 6:43pm On May 19, 2016
did u just say greenish oil is adulterated oil or ?
Re: Questions To Ask Your Mechanic Next Time You Visit by 9icetoo(m): 8:50pm On May 19, 2016
naijacarlovers:

Lol. Because they are in the dark. We have all the tools for diagnosis and repairs. No car leaves our workshop with a check engine light on. Unless the owner is not ready to fix it. But we must, emphasis, must identify and have the capacity to fix it.

U wan try us?
does 'no car' include Volkswagen products?
cos those cars can drive even the devil insane.
Re: Questions To Ask Your Mechanic Next Time You Visit by 9icetoo(m): 8:52pm On May 19, 2016
Bbklopsy:
did u just say greenish oil is adulterated oil or ?
saw that too and wondered how true.
I know that forte lubricants have a greenish hue to them. does it mean they are adulterated?
Re: Questions To Ask Your Mechanic Next Time You Visit by naijacarlovers: 11:54pm On May 19, 2016
9icetoo:

does 'no car' include Volkswagen products?
cos those cars can drive even the devil insane.

Yes we fix Volkswagen too. 'Dem never born the craze'.
Re: Questions To Ask Your Mechanic Next Time You Visit by henryskywalker2003(m): 9:07am On May 20, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
Since you know all this INFORMATION, why don't you repair the car yourself?
The PURPOSE of the mechanic is to make as much money of you as possible if not he will be out of business. He will play every trick in the book to play dumb. And just when you think he is no good, he will suddenly solve one pressing issue in your car. Hence you get to pay him GRATEFULLY, for that which he has done.
You are the dumb ass. In Europe, people buy repair manuals and fix the cars themselves. Be prepared to pay with your Arm and Leg the moment you take your car to the mechanic and stop forming Professor wet no get job.
Abi, if you sabi am, why you no get workshop?

The Europe wey dey ur backyard abi? So, there are no mechanics in Europe abi? Cos everyone knows how to fix their own cars. Calling u dumb is a huge insult to dumb folks.

1 Like

Re: Questions To Ask Your Mechanic Next Time You Visit by Foxycute(m): 7:48am On May 21, 2016
I drive CRV Honda 2006 model. My spanner is always showing after serving the car. How do I remove it?
Re: Questions To Ask Your Mechanic Next Time You Visit by UuzbaGuuzba: 12:17pm On May 21, 2016
henryskywalker2003:

The Europe wey dey ur backyard abi? So, there are no mechanics in Europe abi? Cos everyone knows how to fix their own cars. Calling u dumb is a huge insult to dumb folks.

Sheybe you see now? You want to drive a car but you don't want to know Anything about it or how to fix it yourself. Why should the mechanic have mercy on you?

It is called "learning". You don't have to know everything in one day. It is constant tussel between you and the mechanic. Which of the 2 of you will get YOUR Money. Him or you? European will gladly buy the repair manual and begin to learn how to repair themselves. Patatapa leave car and use public transport.

Nigerians, have money. And I will help you finish it!
Re: Questions To Ask Your Mechanic Next Time You Visit by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:55am On May 23, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

Sheybe you see now? You want to drive a car but you don't want to know Anything about it or how to fix it yourself. Why should the mechanic have mercy on you?

It is called "learning". You don't have to know everything in one day. It is constant tussel between you and the mechanic. Which of the 2 of you will get YOUR Money. Him or you? European will gladly buy the repair manual and begin to learn how to repair themselves. Patatapa leave car and use public transport.

Nigerians, have money. And I will help you finish it!

Dude, you see why I can't call you dumb. Using your analogy, why aren't you learning how to treat yourself when you fall ill instead of going to the hospital. Why don't you learn how to manufacture those drugs instead of buying. In fact, there is a lot of stuff u need to learn since you have learned how to fix your car. Mscheeew.
Re: Questions To Ask Your Mechanic Next Time You Visit by emekaxy: 10:27am On May 26, 2016
naijacarlovers:

So sorry replying late.

Also ensure that your spare tire has the correct inflation. If this doesn't clear it, know that one or more of the Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors is bad or broken. If so, your options are, change it or continue using it like that but without the functionality.

Cheers

thanks bro, but the recommended pressure for the spare tire pressure is 60psi going by the OEM requirement written by the door side, and the spare tire doesn't have the metal type of inflation valve as obtained in all other tires. so I feel the spare tire doesn't have a sensor fitted in it and inflating it 60psi is something I'm scared of doing.
Re: Questions To Ask Your Mechanic Next Time You Visit by Nobody: 9:07am On May 28, 2016
pek:
@ubecharles, why are you so daft? Must you quote the whole epistle?
You be original TWA
Re: Questions To Ask Your Mechanic Next Time You Visit by Bbklopsy: 8:22am On Jun 27, 2016
9icetoo:

saw that too and wondered how true.
I know that forte lubricants have a greenish hue to them. does it mean they are adulterated?
No,its not

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Three Things Does An Engine Need To Run? / Is There Any Advantage Of Disconnecting Car Engine Temperature Thermostat? / How To Convert My Petrol Engine To Diesel Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.