Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car (10132 Views)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread / 5 Ways To Know Your Car More Than Your Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by obafemee80(m): 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
[img]http:///a/img922/9200/u7GH8c.jpg[/img]

[img]http:///a/img923/8572/QdvkZX.jpg[/img]

For car owners with auto/car problems,car mechanics can be a heaven-sent.
They have technical and diagnostic skills,in addition to been up to date with the latest technology,which give them the capabilities to fix your car

However,working with a mechanic can also be a nightmare,particularly if you choose the wrong one be it an independent mechanic or at dealership.Some of the signs that your mechanic may be cheating you are fixing something not related to the initial issue,when the repair takes forever and not showing how you old parts.
If you want to receive the best service possible,always make sure that you find the right person for the job.

I know lovers and frequent visitors of NAIRALAND.COM have had both positive and negative experiences with a mechanic and would be eager to share them.

So what is the worst or best thing your mechanic has ever done to you or your car?

https://autojosh.com/worst-best-things-mechanic-ever-done-car/

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Marpol
Semid4lyfe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by SmartchoicesNG: 5:45pm On Jul 08, 2017
tongue where do I start from.... Just let me forgive Gazzuzz and forget.

20 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by maxiuc(m): 8:07am On Jul 09, 2017
Am here believing God for one

A comment of faith

Oluwa na dis year oooo

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by AK481(m): 8:07am On Jul 09, 2017
Lemme read comment and ginger myself.

My dream car is rx 330.

Saved enough money to get one only for the price to shoot up due to Buhari dollar saga.

12 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by muller101(m): 8:07am On Jul 09, 2017
Op it's too early to lay a curse on idowu

17 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by aktolly54(m): 8:08am On Jul 09, 2017
Nothing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by oyeb15: 8:09am On Jul 09, 2017
when u keep visiting ur mechanic workshop frequently for different problems, know that he's feeding on ur pocket.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 09, 2017
Dem change my Papa battery we didn't know until 2months

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Sexytemi(f): 8:10am On Jul 09, 2017
The weather is just so collllllddddd, so I'm gonna sip tea here o.

op hope you don't mindgringringrin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 09, 2017
They cloned a car!
Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 09, 2017
john4reala:
Dem change my Papa battery we didn't know until 2months
... Was the battery working or you parked the car for the duration?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by scobaba: 8:12am On Jul 09, 2017
Abuja mechanics dont do any good thing to your car.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by stabilizer: 8:13am On Jul 09, 2017
Hmmm my mechanic, why you remind me of this mvrdar fvcker this morning? Still nursing the pain he cause me on acquiring my second car. It's Sunday I beg I no Wan curse am

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Ijaya123: 8:13am On Jul 09, 2017
Terrible.

The mechanic came to pick the car early that morning for repairs and returned it later in the evening.

I drove out the following morning only for the car to burst into flames on high speed. How I managed to pull the car to a stop is still a mistery till this moment.

Unfortunately, damage was extensive and had to sell it as scrap.

The disappointing part of it is that I informed the mechanic immediately after the incidence, up till this moment he has not called back to show the smallest of empathy.

Terrible experience I must say.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by iamnicer: 8:14am On Jul 09, 2017
undecided undecided undecided

After repairing my car , nigga drove my car to an event I happen to take public transport to , was shocked !!

48 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 09, 2017
modelmike7:
... Was the battery working or you parked the car for the duration?
the battery is working fine!! but my Dad bought a brand new battery a week before taking the car to the mechanic... After 2months we were surprise as we opened the car to find out that the battery is so different from ours ... looks like 3years old battery

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 09, 2017
Will soon be a car owner OOO..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by diehard1: 8:17am On Jul 09, 2017
went for servicing but met knocked engine. angry

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by meezynetwork(m): 8:18am On Jul 09, 2017
Hmmm, very painful experience

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 09, 2017
cheesy
For those of us that don't have any car, what is the worst or best thing your cobbler has ever done to you?

27 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by taiwozy(m): 8:18am On Jul 09, 2017
He charged my mum at a very high rate. .she wanted to change her water pump of 3 thousand he said 10 thousand..and I kept qwyet cause if I talk my mama go say I too like talk... ;DHe charged my mum at a very high rate. .she wanted to change her water pump of 3 thousand he said 10 thousand..and I kept qwyet cause if I talk my mama go say I too like talk...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by kingar(m): 8:19am On Jul 09, 2017
At Ikoku in Port Harcourt, where I went to fix my bike. I was told bearing could possibly be causing one disturbing noise from the rear tire. So wen I got there. the mechanic I Met proposed to change front n back bearing, during the cos of the work, he almost changed everything in the bike. Making me buy parts n spending all I had on me, but still the noise still continued and couldn't even run anymore, he even wanted to loose my engine and change piston n rings for 30k. But I later met an expert who only noticed the wheel was not well seated and got it fixed for just 1k

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 09, 2017
john4reala:
the battery is working fine!! but my Dad bought a brand new battery a week before taking the car to the mechanic... After 2months we were surprise as we opened the car to find out that the battery is so different from ours ... looks like 3years old battery
...... Some of those guys are crook, i tell you.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by TheObservatory: 8:25am On Jul 09, 2017
My mechanic forgot to tighten the wheels nut. It came off a few kilometres from his shop. I nearly had an accident!

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by tico1212(m): 8:26am On Jul 09, 2017
My worst experience with a panel beater... I went to baba kabiru work shop to panel beat a part of the silencer underneath the engine. I was there looking at him and his son getting the job going. Suddenly, I saw heavy smoke coming out from the engine... Next thing I hear, Kabiru.. Kabiru, Engine ti mu Ina. Engine tin jo...Da omi ati omo si. (Meaning. Kabiru kabiru.. The engine is on fire.... The engine is burning.. Pour some water and Detergents )... That was what baba kabiru said from under the car.
My head empty straight... Con dey think say who send me?
We sha get water pour am ontop engine.. Even pour am on baba kabiru head join.... Ever since den. Make my silencer break I no dey look am at all.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by malele(m): 8:27am On Jul 09, 2017
I trouble shoot my car first before taking it to m mechanic.
My mechanic calls me a mechanic too.

When there is any issue on my car, I check for what it's is first on youtube and scanner before going to mechanic.

One needs to know his car else mechanics will ride on u

17 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by emeksdonalds(m): 8:27am On Jul 09, 2017
Removed my car battery to jump start another car without knowing that once my car battery is removed, the car has to reset itself and thereby would be stopping every interval.. Once I apply my brake, it would go off and I have neutralize the gear to start it again... Imagine the insults I got on the road in the morning traffic cos of the break and quench.....then he worst of it all is the thing now decided to do the worst at Fela shrine that evening.. I didn't even mind but I drove the car from Lagos to East the very next morning.. The whole resetting mode corrected itself when I got to Asaba Delta state cos since I'm in a free road, I didn't have to use the break all time like on a busy Lagos roads. It wasn't easy, only an experienced driver can do that

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by VocalWalls: 8:27am On Jul 09, 2017
Ikoku...

Some idiots removed the screws holding my back tyres. They left just one screw per tyre and waited on standby for my car to crash so they can come to me with solutions.

Luckily, I noticed at a safe spot, handling was terrible so i had to do a physical analysis, the tyres at the back were bent and ready to roll off. I took some screws from the front to hold the back tyres, and drove down to where I could get new screws.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 09, 2017
dude was "testing" my car alongside his babe and her friends on a "Friday night". i saw him and he offered me a lift home as a "stranded" person.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 09, 2017
dude was "testing" my car alongside his babe and her friends on a "Friday night". i saw him and he offered me a lift home as a "stranded" person while his babes were complementing him and how nice his "car" was...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by SmartchoicesNG: 8:29am On Jul 09, 2017
doctorkush:
dude was "testing" my car alongside his babe and her friends on a "Friday night". i saw him and he offered me a lift home as a "stranded" person.
What did you do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Low Engine Power In Your Car? These Are Some Likely Reasons / Molue Buses Rebranding For A Comeback / Signs To Note When Your Brakes Need Servicing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.