Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,572 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? (20210 Views)

What Is The Best Car You've Ever Owned/driven? / What Is The Ugliest Car You've Ever Seen? / Which is the worst car you ever owned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by nissparts(m): 11:13pm On Sep 17, 2011
Just as the title says, what's the most reliable car you've ever owned or currently own?
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by seal777(m): 11:24pm On Sep 17, 2011
The most reliable car i had ever used is a 1999 Toyota Camry LE V6, Considering the fact that i am a hustling guy who moves around so often, The car served me with utmost loyalty even though i bought it a Nigerian used.

Its my trusted travel partner, never stopped me on the way though i never stop taking very good car of it anyway.

I added almost 12, 000 in mileage on it within a year before i sold it off. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I cherish the car so much and missed every bit of its absence.  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by nissparts(m): 11:26pm On Sep 17, 2011
Lol, I know exactly how you feel.
Keep em coming guys.
This should be interesting
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 17, 2011
It's my 1967 Austin Mini Moke. I have other cars but they all have electronic control. With my Mini I can fix practically any mishap with a screwdriver and some bandaid  grin

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by naylove(m): 12:08am On Sep 18, 2011
MEN IT WAS A TOYOTA COROLLA HATCH BACK. EVER FAITHFUL, EVER DUTIFUL, NEVER BREAK DOWN.EVEN WHEN THE STEERING STRONG PASS MOLUE OWN, E DEY GO ANYWHERE. EVEN WHEN THE SHOCKS DON NEARLY SPOIL FINISH. NA SO E DEY BOUNCE DEY GO FOR 3RD MAINLAND. REST IN PEACE WHEREVER YOU ARE.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by buzugee(m): 12:33am On Sep 18, 2011
nissan altima gxe 1994. put 37,000 miles on it. and in that time only changed the alternator, shock sensor and battery and exhaust. bought at 85000 miles, sold at 122,000 miles. drove like it was brand new.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by aloyemeka1: 12:46am On Sep 18, 2011
[size=14pt]2002 Lincoln blackwood crewcab[/size]
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 18, 2011
we are in love with honda accord in our family. from 96 to 2010 model
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by YoruIgbo(m): 12:54am On Sep 18, 2011
That's my new baby, Bugatti Veyron 16.4 is the second fastest car in the world and the most powerful, it can easily pass as a super hero`s car like Batman. It has the fastest acceleration speed, reaching 60 mph in 2.5 seconds.

Endowed with a 8.0L W16-Cylinder, four turbochargers, and a dual-clutch DSG computer-controlled manual transmission, the Veyron can reach a top speed of 253 mph. Counting a sum of 10 radiators, for the engine cooling system, for transmission oil, a heat exchanger for the air to liquid intercoolers, for engine oil etc., the car has a power to weight ratio of 529 bhp/tonne.

It's quite cheap though but the most expensive amongst my lot, if I can remember I paid $2,400,000 for her late last year
cool cool

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 18, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

That's my new baby, Bugatti Veyron

I think you missed this part, "What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned?" grin

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by lagcity(m): 1:00am On Sep 18, 2011
1987 Toyota Camry. mehn that car strong die. when i dey use that car, even BMW go dey stuggle to pass me for I-495. there was a time that i went for oil change and the mechanic looked at me shockingly and said "there's no freaking oil in this thing grin grin." if it were another car, the engine would have packed up long ago.
But i am not totally surprised at the toyota's performance becos i learnt that the japanese were on their A game during the 80s and that American carmakers dismantled toyota cars to find out the secret of the japanese. that's how reliable and strong those japanese cars were back then, i don't know about now since things have gone electrical and mechanics are nolstagic about the old days.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 18, 2011
Oh my mkII jetta. For the over 3years, didnt spend more than 30k on that car on maintenance. Only God knows what happened to volkswagen these days, the mk4's and mk5's are shit.  undecided
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by YoruIgbo(m): 1:08am On Sep 18, 2011
Somorin#1:

I think you missed this part, "What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned?" grin
My background is Plant and Engine Reliability so you can call me a Reliability Engineer, I understand what Reliable is grin grin. My Bugatti has never visited a garage and is not designed to visit a garage until her end of service life which is 87 years grin

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by cold(m): 1:15am On Sep 18, 2011
Mine was a Mitsubishi Colt.Ol boy I've never seen a car more reliable.I travelled the length & breath of Naija & any time I put in the key,it was a one time response.Eventually,I had to sell it when I grew too tall for the full recline cool
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 18, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

My background is Plant and Engine Reliability so you can call me a Reliability Engineer,  I understand what Reliable is  grin grin. My Bugatti has never visited a garage and is not designed to visit a garage until her end of service life which is 87 years  grin

And that explains it, you missed this part "What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned?" (not a manufacturing plant or dam).

Carry on.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by YoruIgbo(m): 1:27am On Sep 18, 2011
Somorin#1:

And that explains it, you missed this part "What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned?" (not a manufacturing plant or dam).

Carry on.
Well that one concern you  grin Okay I agree with you,  the argument belong to you but the car belongs to me! what next? Ok I now understand lol because I call the car my baby? hahahaha Well I call all of them baby ok simply because they do exactly what I ask them to do grin
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Nobody: 1:33am On Sep 18, 2011
my legezbenz 1985. that car strong die. i still den use am. make i no mention my footwagen 1985. o gbele o

5 Likes

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by YoruIgbo(m): 1:38am On Sep 18, 2011
Somorin#1:

Easy Tiger, you can put your oars back in the water. We're just chatting on a forum on a lazy Saturday afternoon not WWIII.

Why is it that people here will always look for trouble? Why can't you face your own face and leave others alone? the question is clear and simple 'What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned?' no one said you should challenge anyone's post so why did you challenge me? I never talk you don begin call me names (Tiger) well I will let you go for now but next time you will surely have yourself to blame!
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Nobody: 1:41am On Sep 18, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Why is it that people here will always look for trouble? Why can't you face your own face and leave others alone? the question is clear and simple 'What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned?' no one said you should challenge anyone's post so why did you challenge me? I never talk you don begin call me names (Tiger) well I will let you go for now but next time you will surely have yourself to blame!

grin

I can hardly wait.

PS: It's amazing how many websites have this same picture of "your" car wink
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Nobody: 1:44am On Sep 18, 2011
seal777:

The most reliable car i had ever used is a 1999 Toyota Camry LE V6, Considering the fact that i am a hustling guy who moves around so often, The car served me with utmost loyalty even though i bought it a Nigerian used.

Its my trusted travel partner, never stopped me on the way though i never stop taking very good car of it anyway.

I added almost 12, 000 in mileage on it within a year before i sold it off. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I cherish the car so much and missed every bit of its absence.  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Hm, seel. So that ride's gone. I recall you changed the engine about this time last year.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by NorthSea: 1:46am On Sep 18, 2011
Somorin#1:

grin

I can hardly wait.

Somorin or Sorinam or what do you call yourself? what is your beef with Yoru_igbo? must you reply people? you posted you junk car and no one challenged you only for you to challenge someone for posting a decent car abi is it because you can't afford it?
I understand your anger but chill and only hope that God will open your way one day and deliver you from Suffer head
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by aloyemeka1: 2:43am On Sep 18, 2011
PEUGEOT 404

That's Nigeria's baby, Peugeot 404; it is the second strongest car in the 20th century and the most powerful, it can easily pass as a super hero`s car like Batman. It has the fastest acceleration speed, reaching 60 mph in 2000.5 seconds. It can easily transport 2000lbs of plantain from Agboju to Ijesa tedo market in one trip @ 33mpg.

Endowed with a 4.0L W6-Cylinder, four turbochargers, and a muscle controlled manual transmission, the 404 can reach a top speed of 53 mph and can last up to 40 years. The last one I saw had over 4m miles on it and is still going strong. When will the French build something like that again?.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by pleep(m): 3:00am On Sep 18, 2011
Mitsubishi Endevor, insanely reliable and beautiful too.  we litterally did not do ANYTHING to this car. except oil changes etc.

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Nobody: 3:23am On Sep 18, 2011
NorthSea:

Well I had to register just to reply you! I usually read stuff here and laugh off but when I see people like you here I get really pissed off just behave and respect yourself shikena!

grin So I caused that much emotion in you cheesy

Yoru_Igbo:

Well my people say if no be closeness blokos no go tell prick say e dey cause am heat!! If not for NL how on earth will I be exchanging word with you well no be your fault na people wey bring the price of computer down wey make both dog and fowl own one.

It is true the price of technology has come way down.

NorthSea:

The truth is you've only posted as few as 11 comments on NL and I guess the whole thing is still chacking you and it looks like today is your first day out abi you just buy computer?

Yes, how could you tell? Abi you be witch? grin

Yoru_Igbo:

Somorin are you there? abi you top up don finish? you are are probably chatting from a business centre poor man!!

I still dey here my funny friend. Make we continue.

So which lie you want to tell now? wink
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by buzugee(m): 3:34am On Sep 18, 2011
lagcity:

1987 Toyota Camry. mehn that car strong die. when i dey use that car, even BMW go dey stuggle to pass me for I-495. there was a time that i went for oil change and the mechanic looked at me shockingly and said "there's no freaking oil in this thing grin grin." if it were another car, the engine would have packed up long ago.
But i am not totally surprised at the toyota's performance becos i learnt that the japanese were on their A game during the 80s and that American carmakers dismantled toyota cars to find out the secret of the japanese. that's how reliable and strong those japanese cars were back then, i don't know about now since things have gone electrical and mechanics are nolstagic about the old days.
yeah cars that age usually have leaks in the engine. you have to top it up every 4 days with engine oil 5w 30 pennzoil or castrol for these type of old cars. only the best will suffice.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by YoruIgbo(m): 4:22am On Sep 18, 2011
aloy/emeka:

PEUGEOT 404

That's Nigeria's baby, Peugeot 404; it is the second strongest car in the 20th century and the most powerful, it can easily pass as a super hero`s car like Batman. It has the fastest acceleration speed, reaching 60 mph in 2000.5 seconds. It can easily transport 2000lbs of plantain from Agboju to Ijesa tedo market in one trip @ 33mpg.

Endowed with a 4.0L W6-Cylinder, four turbochargers, and a muscle controlled manual transmission, the 404 can reach a top speed of 53 mph and can last up to 40 years. The last one I saw had over 4m miles on it and is still going strong. When will the French build something like that again?.
I feel you  grin grin Infact my granpapa get the 404 why I love her is the noise resemble casava grinder  grin
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by member67023: 6:39am On Sep 18, 2011
This beetle volks taught me how to drive. Ever dependable.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by chelseabmw(m): 6:52am On Sep 18, 2011
My 2010 infiniti,2008 range rover sport and my 2010 Bmw X6 till date drives well and i have never ever gone to a mechanic workshop except when i want to service them. . . . . tongue tongue tongue My friends always tell me that am lucky and i tell them that am not,but if you got the cash lucky will definately be your name. . . . I plan on buying a 2011 infiniti soon and give the 2010 model to one of my girlfriends and the range rover sport to seun embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by tEsLim(m): 6:52am On Sep 18, 2011
Funny enough mine was a KIA because it was brand new and I only used it for one year smiley , Now my 2006 Honda Civic is making me go crazy every now and then its Toks  angry
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 18, 2011
Its a Bi-Pedal Classic
Zero fueling cost and maintanance free and parking was and still never is a problem.
My God-given LEGGEDY-BENZ
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 18, 2011
Mine was my honda civic (honda bullet) 94-95 model. Testament to the fact of it's great service through out the 2 years I used it is that there never was a day I had to abandon the car at home because it refused to start. Repairs were always minor issues, never had a serious engine flaw.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Exponental(m): 8:04am On Sep 18, 2011
Nissan Bluebird '86 model, liftback. Acquired 9yrs after registered owner. It gave me comfort @ schl den, never coughed wen I was broke. Outside servicing, I hardly spent on it. N500 fuel to n from lagos-Ijebu Ode, N700 Ibadan. Bought anoda after dat. Love dat machine. Buyers of d 2 still enjoy dem.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life / VW Resumes Vehicle Assembling In Nigeria …after 20years / World’s Most Expensive Car Owned By Saudi Prince (amir) Al Waleed Bin Talal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.