Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! (14671 Views)

As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic / List your Auto Mechanic Workshop and Your Services here (mymoto.com.ng) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by CNARIOjoseph(m): 1:39am On May 13, 2016
Your post is full of lies and a deliberate attempt to tangle things all up and confuse people. I'll break it up.

sooperrescue:
So he brought the car to me and we started analyzing the problems with the car. The transmission fluid was grey in colour, completely burnt, the gear selector on the dashboard does not show except on reverse, the car had four different spark plugs, the air intake hose was torn and an adhesive tape was used to wrap it up, the engine oil chamber was full of sludge, the air filter was clogged, the engine seat was completely unseated that if you select reverse on that Santa Fe, it will feel like it is going to explode, the car has an okada pressing horn instead of the one designed by Hyundai, the gear electronics were muddled up together and the engine and gear were not in its normal state. When I saw the car, I gave it to my technician to test drive and he said we need to change the starter switch to make the gear to identify the gears it selects. Emeka Nwokolo was in a hurry to take the car back that day and I was all day contemplating on what to do, where we will get the parts because the Santa Fe parts are not common.

Almost completely true, but I'll pass.

sooperrescue:
I called all known suppliers for NGK PFR5N spark plugs and there was a guy called Bisi in Agindingbi who told me that there is someone who will get it for me for 10000 for 4 and 15k for 6 as the car is a V6. Emeka agreed to the price and said that we should go ahead. That was the second day. He only made a deposit of N10,000 on that first day.

Not so fast! Are you a time traveller? What you stated here Happened on Friday the 29th (2days after I brought the car to you). You told me the car would be ready on Friday because you wanted to finish another car on Thursday cos the owner was threatening to arrest you. You took additional 50k from me on this day cos you "needed cash" to help speed up things. That was why I didn't pay you with POS like the first 10k. I can post my bank statement here to confirm the date, time, and location of the cash withdrawal I made at the ATM not far from your workshop. Stop trying to play a fast one.

sooperrescue:

The second day, we told him that his car will not be ready as the electrician has not even started the work. He cried out that he will lose a million naira if he does not go home with that car that night. So from the cars in my workshop, I told him to try and drive the commander and see if it will be convenient for him so that he can take it home and not lose the one million that he will make that night. I jokingly told him that I have 50k inside the n1m that he will make that night. He drove the car out, went and bought fuel and came back and told us that he can manage it. The guy that supplies us transmission parts gave us the starting switch and two other switches with ten wires each. The one in the car has been joined left to right and it was an eyesore. We paid 30,000 for those items and we changed the smelly transmission fluid using our Pureguard which is compatible with SP 111.

Seems lying is deep in your blood. Please don't mix things up, okay. You see how I wrote my detailed account, You have one ore two things to learn from it. This guy just squished several days events into one. Please refer to my original post for a proper timeline of events.

sooperrescue:

We used 5 litres.
The electrician that worked on the car did not understand the mess that was created in the car and in trying to put them right, discovered that the fuel was pouring into the engine. The cold start switch was not even connected on the car.

Except for the issue with my transmission, I'd never had any problems with my car. As a film maker, I travel to different location in the remotest parts of Nigeria, and my car has never given me any sort of trouble or left me stranded anywhere. So if you guys messed up my wiring, and fuel was pouring into my engine, that was entirely your business and I made it clear to you guys that day (Saturday the 30th) when I came to return the faulty ride you gave me.

sooperrescue:

I now advised him to use good synthetic oil on his car or we can use Mobil HXP. He initially gave us the go ahead and we used Castrol 5 w 30 in the car which he later denied and we had to drain the oil out and went to buy Mobil for him.

Yes, you showed me the "American" Mobile 1 which I told you I didn't have the budget for. You said I could "manage" the Nigerian Mobil 1. We never discussed anything about Castrol, that was why I insisted that you drain it out of my engine the day you told me, and I asked you to instead use Mobile HXP for me cos I didn't know anything about Castrol. You later confessed to my friend who came with me to pick the car that we never discussed Castrol, but you felt you were only doing me a favor by using it.

sooperrescue:

He wanted to see the switches that we bought and I told him that if I remove the battery and bring out the switches, he will be responsible for the result. He insisted and I unplugged the switch for him to see and he then agreed to pay for the switches.

WHAT!!! Wish I could confer you with Phd in lying. You showed me the starting switch which I was well aware of, but I insisted on seeing the invisible item marked as "switches" with a price tag of 12k and you were showing me wires. I may not be a professional, but I know that switches have names, and I insisted that you tell me the name of this your so- called "switches" and you started shouting. Oya please, since Nairaland is now the judge, oya tell us now the name of the invisible "switches" o.

sooperrescue:

This happened after we have been calling him to come and pick up his car. Someone who was anxious to use his car failed to come and pick it until the 4th day when he came with the determination to question my bill.

Please refer to my original post. They called me on Wednesday the 4th to come and pick my car with a balance of 64k, and I told them to send me the invoice. The Secretary then sent me the invoice I posted in my original post. This man is a bloody liar because I have solid proof to back up all my claims. He said this happened on the 4th day, but this happened 1week after I took my car to him. My proof is, receipt of the 10k deposit I made on the first day, and the second proof is the SMS the secretary sent me 1 week later I can provide all that for nairaland judges to confirm. As stated in my original post, I wasn't so anxious to see my car 1week later cos I'd seen the worst already; I made it clear that my car is an essential work tool which I use to transport all my equipments to the remotest location. Without it, things become unnecessarily difficult and expensive, cos I'll have to now resort to car rental and other inconveniences. Who wouldn't question a fishy bill; do you think I'm your maga? So if I didn't question it you expected me to pay you 124k for a car you made worse? Diaris God.

sooperrescue:

Although we made an error in the bill adding an extra 3500 to the oil bill, Emeka Nwokolo said he had the intention of paying 7k for Labour, he does not need the synthetic Castrol oil, and that we should pour it out, which we did and bought him Mobil with our money. In order not to be provoked, I told him that whatever he want to pay, he should give them to my boys because I will never labour for 7k.

Irrelevant blabbing. In fact I'm really getting tired of your lies. I already clarified what happened so I won't repeat myself.

sooperrescue:

Initially he agreed to pay for the switches and was about paying with the POS for 17k. I told my Secretary to follow him to the bank and collect the 17k. On getting there, he changed his mind and said that he will pay only 5k for the Mobil oil. I told my Secretary to let him go with the money as I am no longer interested in what he is up to. He dropped my Secretary and left.

I think I made a mistake when I said you deserved a Phd in lying, cos you're really trying hard to make me believe you're a professor of lying. First, after I had a verbal clash with you, you refused to go over the invoice with me (you completely ignored me cos I was exposing your tricks and lies). You completely ignored me, and I was practically begging you to come and settle with me. You instead told your boy Pastor Okon to follow me to your office and I should pay whatever we arrive at. Okon and I arrived at 17,500 and I still insisted I wasn't going to pay 12k for any invisible "switches", which brought by balance to 5,500 (as stated in my original post). I was to pay using POS, but you said you neede cash so your boy went with me to the ATM. I gave him the 5,500 but you told him on the phone to give it back to me. I called you with my phone and you insisted that I must pay the 12k which Instill refused. You threatened to sack your boy if her comes back to the workshop with the 5,500. I called you while driving to Lekki that the car wasn't selecting gear, but you said I should change the leaking airflow meter tube and everything would be fine. We talked about the 5,500 again and we agreed to "settle" when we see again. That was the last time I had any meaningful conversation with you, before you started ignoring my calls and posting me.

sooperrescue:

In all , he paid 60,000,

All correct. I stated that in my original post. But wait o, anyone who does an honest job knows that coughing out 60k in these harsh economic condition of the country is painful, not to talk of when what you paid for is even worse than before.

sooperrescue:

the spark plugs, the switches, the starting switch, the transmission fluid SP111, 5 litres, the 5 litres Castrol oil, the Mobil HXP, the Air filter and the relays and wiring, one nozzle, and the countless phone calls to traders in the market and transportation to the market.

So if I hadn't found you out, I'd have paid 124k for these? What about my transmission, the real reason I came to your workshop? Why did you not fix it but instead made it worse. Shey Baba Saheed no sabi change oil ni wey go make me drive all the way come dump my car for your workshop for 2 weeks? So you practically seized my car for 2 weeks just because of these things you stated here? Oga your lies don't add up abeg.

sooperrescue:

And HE, Emeka Joseph Nwokolo is claiming here on Nairaland that he was scammed

I am no fool, and I understand the implications of words not properly used. I said "I feel I have been scammed". And considering all that has transpired, it is well within my rights to feel that way.

sooperrescue:

Be the Judge

Biko, people of Car Talk (and by extension the entire Nairaland), please be the judge.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by MPVGoddess: 1:44am On May 13, 2016
sooperrescue:
So he brought the car to me and we started analyzing the problems with the car. The transmission fluid was grey in colour, completely burnt, the gear selector on the dashboard does not show except on reverse, the car had four different spark plugs, the air intake hose was torn and an adhesive tape was used to wrap it up, the engine oil chamber was full of sludge, the air filter was clogged, the engine seat was completely unseated that if you select reverse on that Santa Fe, it will feel like it is going to explode, the car has an okada pressing horn instead of the one designed by Hyundai, the gear electronics were muddled up together and the engine and gear were not in its normal state. When I saw the car, I gave it to my technician to test drive and he said we need to change the starter switch to make the gear to identify the gears it selects. Emeka Nwokolo was in a hurry to take the car back that day and I was all day contemplating on what to do, where we will get the parts because the Santa Fe parts are not common. I called all known suppliers for NGK PFR5N spark plugs and there was a guy called Bisi in Agindingbi who told me that there is someone who will get it for me for 10000 for 4 and 15k for 6 as the car is a V6. Emeka agreed to the price and said that we should go ahead. That was the second day. He only made a deposit of N10,000 on that first day. The second day, we told him that his car will not be ready as the electrician has not even started the work. He cried out that he will lose a million naira if he does not go home with that car that night. So from the cars in my workshop, I told him to try and drive the commander and see if it will be convenient for him so that he can take it home and not lose the one million that he will make that night. I jokingly told him that I have 50k inside the n1m that he will make that night. He drove the car out, went and bought fuel and came back and told us that he can manage it. The guy that supplies us transmission parts gave us the starting switch and two other switches with ten wires each. The one in the car has been joined left to right and it was an eyesore. We paid 30,000 for those items and we changed the smelly transmission fluid using our Pureguard which is compatible with SP 111. We used 5 litres.
The electrician that worked on the car did not understand the mess that was created in the car and in trying to put them right, discovered that the fuel was pouring into the engine. The cold start switch was not even connected on the car. I now advised him to use good synthetic oil on his car or we can use Mobil HXP. He initially gave us the go ahead and we used Castrol 5 w 30 in the car which he later denied and we had to drain the oil out and went to buy Mobil for him. He wanted to see the switches that we bought and I told him that if I remove the battery and bring out the switches, he will be responsible for the result. He insisted and I unplugged the switch for him to see and he then agreed to pay for the switches. This happened after we have been calling him to come and pick up his car. Someone who was anxious to use his car failed to come and pick it until the 4th day when he came with the determination to question my bill. Although we made an error in the bill adding an extra 3500 to the oil bill, Emeka Nwokolo said he had the intention of paying 7k for Labour, he does not need the synthetic Castrol oil, and that we should pour it out, which we did and bought him Mobil with our money. In order not to be provoked, I told him that whatever he want to pay, he should give them to my boys because I will never labour for 7k. Initially he agreed to pay for the switches and was about paying with the POS for 17k. I told my Secretary to follow him to the bank and collect the 17k. On getting there, he changed his mind and said that he will pay only 5k for the Mobil oil. I told my Secretary to let him go with the money as I am no longer interested in what he is up to. He dropped my Secretary and left. In all , he paid 60,000, the spark plugs, the switches, the starting switch, the transmission fluid SP111, 5 litres, the 5 litres Castrol oil, the Mobil HXP, the Air filter and the relays and wiring, one nozzle, and the countless phone calls to traders in the market and transportation to the market. And HE, Emeka Joseph Nwokolo is claiming here on Nairaland that he was scammed. Be the Judge

Rule 10 broken, OP only revealed technician's first name, in anger tech has revealed all his names, is this right?

Rule 3, tech has made a subtle threat to collect money through what appears to be less than legal means

If a customer is always right, we know that's not true, then there is something wrong about the tone of tech's response.

Anyway, if he doesn't care the effect on his business, why should I be concerned?

6 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by CNARIOjoseph(m): 1:53am On May 13, 2016
sooperrescue:
Joseph, I am unfollowing the post. You can cry to hell and Lucifer will gladly welcome you. I pray that you buy a good car and stop ranting like a drowning man. I did not charge you for work not done. My labour was 24k and you said that you will pay 7k and I left you to your god. Which you did not pay. Is your gear selector showing on your dashboard? what about the spark plugs, the air filter, the Mobil oil, the oil filter or the best oil that your car has ever received, the Castrol 5 w 30? You are still owing me 64k, when you eventually get a good car, my boys will collect the money from you. Good night and pray for a i35 and stop disgracing yourself online.

Don't run away o! You said Nairaland should judge, and you haven't even given them time to consider the case before running away. Abeg come back o.

And yes, I wish I had a Hyundai i35, or even Hyundai SantaFe 2015. Do you want me to tell you how I feel when I'm driving my 2002 SantaFe and one small girl overtakes me with 2015 SantaFe? Well, that's irrelevant cos I know I'll drive better cars as long as I remain focused. But for now, I'm proud of my 2002 SantaFe, and I treat it like a baby. It is my ever reliable work tool that has never disappointed me. But bros abeg, which car does your son drive cos I'm sure you must have my mate at home (Mr. Patrick na confirm old man with grayhair o). Abi shey na your boy be the leader of your gang wey you wan send to me? You threat, by the way, has been dully noted, and you'll hear from me when I'm done with this job I'm handling.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by CNARIOjoseph(m): 2:28am On May 13, 2016
MPVGoddess:

Rule 10 broken, OP only revealed technician's first name, in anger tech has revealed all his names, is this right?

Rule 3, tech has made a subtle threat to collect money through what appears to be less than legal means

If a customer is always right, we know that's not true, then there is something wrong about the tone of tech's response.

Anyway, if he doesn't care the effect on his business, why should I be concerned?

My brother, this is just the tone of his e-voice, you need to hear the tone of his human voice. This is a man that assaulted a customer right in my presence cos the guy was fed up with his tricks/lies. Learnt the guys Range Rover has been there since March (that wan no concern me sha).

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by bigt2(m): 3:56am On May 13, 2016
sooperrescue:
So he brought the car to me and we started analyzing the problems with the car. The transmission fluid was grey in colour, completely burnt, the gear selector on the dashboard does not show except on reverse, the car had four different spark plugs, the air intake hose was torn and an adhesive tape was used to wrap it up, the engine oil chamber was full of sludge, the air filter was clogged, the engine seat was completely unseated that if you select reverse on that Santa Fe, it will feel like it is going to explode, the car has an okada pressing horn instead of the one designed by Hyundai, the gear electronics were muddled up together and the engine and gear were not in its normal state. When I saw the car, I gave it to my technician to test drive and he said we need to change the starter switch to make the gear to identify the gears it selects. Emeka Nwokolo was in a hurry to take the car back that day and I was all day contemplating on what to do, where we will get the parts because the Santa Fe parts are not common. I called all known suppliers for NGK PFR5N spark plugs and there was a guy called Bisi in Agindingbi who told me that there is someone who will get it for me for 10000 for 4 and 15k for 6 as the car is a V6. Emeka agreed to the price and said that we should go ahead. That was the second day. He only made a deposit of N10,000 on that first day. The second day, we told him that his car will not be ready as the electrician has not even started the work. He cried out that he will lose a million naira if he does not go home with that car that night. So from the cars in my workshop, I told him to try and drive the commander and see if it will be convenient for him so that he can take it home and not lose the one million that he will make that night. I jokingly told him that I have 50k inside the n1m that he will make that night. He drove the car out, went and bought fuel and came back and told us that he can manage it. The guy that supplies us transmission parts gave us the starting switch and two other switches with ten wires each. The one in the car has been joined left to right and it was an eyesore. We paid 30,000 for those items and we changed the smelly transmission fluid using our Pureguard which is compatible with SP 111. We used 5 litres.
The electrician that worked on the car did not understand the mess that was created in the car and in trying to put them right, discovered that the fuel was pouring into the engine. The cold start switch was not even connected on the car. I now advised him to use good synthetic oil on his car or we can use Mobil HXP. He initially gave us the go ahead and we used Castrol 5 w 30 in the car which he later denied and we had to drain the oil out and went to buy Mobil for him. He wanted to see the switches that we bought and I told him that if I remove the battery and bring out the switches, he will be responsible for the result. He insisted and I unplugged the switch for him to see and he then agreed to pay for the switches. This happened after we have been calling him to come and pick up his car. Someone who was anxious to use his car failed to come and pick it until the 4th day when he came with the determination to question my bill. Although we made an error in the bill adding an extra 3500 to the oil bill, Emeka Nwokolo said he had the intention of paying 7k for Labour, he does not need the synthetic Castrol oil, and that we should pour it out, which we did and bought him Mobil with our money. In order not to be provoked, I told him that whatever he want to pay, he should give them to my boys because I will never labour for 7k. Initially he agreed to pay for the switches and was about paying with the POS for 17k. I told my Secretary to follow him to the bank and collect the 17k. On getting there, he changed his mind and said that he will pay only 5k for the Mobil oil. I told my Secretary to let him go with the money as I am no longer interested in what he is up to. He dropped my Secretary and left. In all , he paid 60,000, the spark plugs, the switches, the starting switch, the transmission fluid SP111, 5 litres, the 5 litres Castrol oil, the Mobil HXP, the Air filter and the relays and wiring, one nozzle, and the countless phone calls to traders in the market and transportation to the market. And HE, Emeka Joseph Nwokolo is claiming here on Nairaland that he was scammed. Be the Judge
Blah blah blah....
ALL I see it the mentioning of switches, switches, and more switches .
Do the switches not come with names and models?
Now his car was brought to you for it suffered headache and uve succeeded in adding HIV and even impregnating it with more problems! Had it been u were successful in tge job, then why the hell would he complain on nairaland I mean what gain does he have in that
You online kazeems suck!
Yoou are a broke ass puccci begging scammer!
I hate people like you! I pray karma meets up with you at the speed of light!

A concerned sympathizer.

Ps: i dont know neither of u. Just got siena's post for i follow him.

15 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Exqwizit(m): 6:27am On May 13, 2016
Siena:
Wow. I don't know what to say.

One thing stands out though - N21,500 (£75) for 5 litres of oil?! What oil is this - liquid gold?

I used to boast about the sooperrescue guy but now I know the TRUTH.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by colossus2: 7:09am On May 13, 2016
OP, you have every right to pick that psycho up. Wonder what you're waiting for undecided
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by sooperrescue(m): 7:29am On May 13, 2016
When I said my boys will collect the money from him, i meant that when he buys a better car, one of my boys might in the future become his mechanic and they will collect that money. It is glad to know that you are a heart reader to know which one is evil or good. If the gear is bad, how come the car can get to 100 kms with the rpm on 3000? My auto business is in safe hands and i have thousands of nairalanders whom i have not met that i have been doing business with. And they are reading this topic and wondering if emeka is on oshogbo weed.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by CNARIOjoseph(m): 8:10am On May 13, 2016
sooperrescue:
When I said my boys will collect the money from him, i meant that when he buys a better car, one of my boys might in the future become his mechanic and they will collect that money. It is glad to know that you are a heart reader to know which one is evil or good. If the gear is bad, how come the car can get to 100 kms with the rpm on 3000? My auto business is in safe hands and i have thousands of nairalanders whom i have not met that i have been doing business with. And they are reading this topic and wondering if emeka is on oshogbo weed.

Glad to have you back here. I'm just hoping and praying you'll make one sensible post to justify how you treated me, cos I'm still ashamed at how you played me so cheaply.

My car had been stuck at gear 3 since last year; everyone can read the thread where I first brought the issue to Nairaland - https://www.nairaland.com/2729269/hyundai-santa-fe-2002-v6; so stop trying to confuse things abeg. I specifically stated on that thread that it feels heavy, and had difficulty picking speed, but when it does, it becomes a beast. So my car getting to 100kms with the rpm on 3000 has absolutely nothing to do with you, your fork was to fix it so that it can start selecting gear 1 and 2 and stop consuming fuel. Ever wondered how I travel around with it with easy, but dread city traffic? Maybe we need to reconsider who is really high on oshogbo weed this early morning. Say something meaningful for once abeg.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by diportivo: 8:11am On May 13, 2016
Na wa o shocked

So,what exactly is the solution to all of these?

Seemingly as u guys are just countering urselves

Mekus,wetin u want make mr pato do?

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Denn(m): 8:12am On May 13, 2016
Been through the whole thread.

My observations:

@sopperrescue, when the car arrived, did you conduct a diagnosis on the vehicle to determine possible errors?

It is possible for imported engine oil to be expensive if bought from extra middle men or if imported via air freight and via expensive couriers like DHL. It gets more expensive if they are bought in one litre bottles.

@op. I feel your pain and I respect how you have tabled the points as they happened. You wanted your car fixed and from all indications, it seems it has not been totally fixed. However, I would state the following from my own observations and experience.

First, you took the car to Abeokuta in limp mode, went to many other places etc. Limp home mode is supposed to get you to the mechanic and not for interstate strips over a long period.

Secondly, if a car is in limp mode, there would be an error code which your mechanic can detect with a professional diagnostic tool. I await @sopperrescue's response to this as stated above. The codes will guide the Mech on repair procedures.

In addition, depending on the damage to the tranny, replacement of filters, valve body, solenoids etc could actually cure the limp or a total tranny replacement could be needed. From all indications, it seems you might need a new tranny and not just an oil change.

Original spark plugs are expensive. The main cost is not the plugs themselves but the cost of forex and shipping. Same as oi. Benz lifetime ATF is around N4,000 per quart here in Lagos. I just got 10 litres for a customer. That is N40,000 excluding transport cost.

I still await sopperrescue's detailed repair work schedule on the car stating the exact processes he followed.

However, I would plead with you OP to just find time to fix your car. After all, it is your car and as you said, very important to your business. I am willing to offer a free diagnosis and forensic evaluation of the car if you are interested. I will post pictures here and I must warn you, I will be very objective.

Thanks all

6 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by CNARIOjoseph(m): 8:21am On May 13, 2016
Denn:
Been through the whole thread.

My observations:

@sopperrescue, when the car arrived, did you conduct a diagnosis on the vehicle to determine possible errors?

It is possible for imported engine oil to be expensive if bought from extra middle men or if imported via air freight and via expensive couriers like DHL. It gets more expensive if they are bought in one litre bottles.

@op. I feel your pain and I respect how you have tabled the points as they happened. You wanted your car fixed and from all indications, it seems it has not been totally fixed. However, I would state the following from my own observations and experience.

First, you took the car to Abeokuta in limp mode, went to many other places etc. Limp home mode is supposed to get you to the mechanic and not for interstate strips over a long period.

Secondly, if a car is in limp mode, there would be an error code which your mechanic can detect with a professional diagnostic tool. I await @sopperrescue's response to this as stated above. The codes will guide the Mech on repair procedures.

In addition, depending on the damage to the tranny, replacement of filters, valve body, solenoids etc could actually cure the limp or a total tranny replacement could be needed. From all indications, it seems you might need a new tranny and not just an oil change.

Original spark plugs are expensive. The main cost is not the plugs themselves but the cost of forex and shipping. Same as oi. Benz lifetime ATF is around N4,000 per quart here in Lagos. I just got 10 litres for a customer. That is N40,000 excluding transport cost.

I still await sopperrescue's detailed repair work schedule on the car stating the exact processes he followed.

However, I would plead with you OP to just find time to fix your car. After all, it is your car and as you said, very important to your business. I am willing to offer a free diagnosis and forensic evaluation of the car if you are interested. I will post pictures here and I must warn you, I will be very objective.

Thanks all

Thanks for your observation and contribution. I must clarify once again that I don't have an issue with basic car servicing like changing oil and all, My mechanic can always handle that. I took it to Mr. Patrick specifically because of my transmission that was stuck in limp mode like you said. I went to him because I thought I was going to a professional mechanic to have this issue sorted once and for all, but the car, after spending 2 weeks at his workshop, is clearly still stuck in limp mode, and the man expects me to pay him 124k. For what?

He specifically said he'll fix it, but he's made it worse. I don't think he ever had the intention of fixing it, he simply read my thread from last year and felt I was a mugu he'll just be milking dry. I decided to cut the long story short, but you won't believe these guys, after they couldn't get my car to start on Saturday the 30th, actually told me that my brain box was bad; I went mad! And told them I wasn't going to pay them a dime if they damaged my brain box, and they quickly retracted and said they'd fix it. This guy simply wanted to play me, but it didn't work out so he simply coupled my car and gave it back to me like that.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by pek(m): 8:24am On May 13, 2016
Two things that stares me in the face in all these. The price of the items quoted and the car not been better after two weeks in the garage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by freshvine(f): 8:49am On May 13, 2016
sooperrescue:

My friend, your customer brought his car problem to you to fix and as a professional you want to tell me he spent 60k in your workshop without getting the problem fixed and you're here asking us to be the judge?

Ok. My judgment is that he came to your workshop to waste his hard earned 60k he could've used for important things due to the fact that the devil is using you as a conduit for wastage.

Nonsense and ingredient!

Call the guy back, justify his pay on the car and earn your integrity.

19 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Kashif(m): 8:57am On May 13, 2016
Hmmmmmm.... I am surprised at these.

@OP, you have learnt your lesson; distance shouldn't be a barrier if you feel you will get quality service. You did well in getting the bill down, even though what was paid cannot be justified yet.

@ Sooper, your diagnostic approach on this was basically flawed. I simple scan would have led you in the right direction. ECU not commanding or actuators not responding.

Your telling your customer he needs to buy a 'better' car is off the hook unprofessional, and should be recalled. Take it or leave it, you have lost fans here!

19 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by freshvine(f): 9:15am On May 13, 2016
sooperrescue:
Joseph, I am unfollowing the post. You can cry to hell and Lucifer will gladly welcome you. I pray that you buy a good car and stop ranting like a drowning man. I did not charge you for work not done. My labour was 24k and you said that you will pay 7k and I left you to your god. Which you did not pay. Is your gear selector showing on your dashboard? what about the spark plugs, the air filter, the Mobil oil, the oil filter or the best oil that your car has ever received, the Castrol 5 w 30? You are still owing me 64k, when you eventually get a good car, my boys will collect the money from you. Good night and pray for a i35 and stop disgracing yourself online.

His car is a fantastic engineering model and he owns 1 out of thousands manufactured along it through out the world. The car is not alien.

Secondly, owning big and flashy cars do not make one a big boy. Most of the people that uses latest model of cars under use these cars, as the mostly drive to their offices in the morning and park and after work they're headed home straight. Some uses them for weekend runs and school chase and at the end the cost of maintenance is meagre compare to a hustler who uses old model of car for his shuttles, fuel, service and maintain and he's always on the move. Do the cost analysis on specified owners and tell me who actually is the big "oga"

What I am saying is that I'll respect a building contractor who owns and drive a 1999 camry to a banker that uses 2012 hyundai i35 base on car maintenance analysis or "big" to buttress my point.

16 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Inception(m): 10:34am On May 13, 2016
freshvine:

His car is a fantastic engineering model and he owns 1 out of thousands manufactured along it through out the world. The car is not alien.

Secondly, owning big and flashy cars do not make one a big boy. Most of the people that uses latest model of cars under use these cars, as the mostly drive to their offices in the morning and park and after work they're headed home straight. Some uses them for weekend runs and school chase and at the end the cost of maintenance is meagre compare to a hustler who uses old model of car for his shuttles, fuel, service and maintain and he's always on the move. Do the cost analysis on specified owners and tell me who actually is the big "oga"

What I am saying is that I'll respect a building contractor who owns and drive a 1999 camry to a banker that uses 2012 hyundai i35 base on car maintenance analysis or "big" to buttress my point.

I like you.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by LeJeun3: 10:41am On May 13, 2016
Oga Sooper, let's resolve this issue in the best possible way. CNARIOJoseph, U have patient enough and I like that.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by kunle75(m): 10:47am On May 13, 2016
CNARIOjoseph:
I am making this post because I am frustrated and totally fed up with how badly I've been treated by Mr. Patrick (sooperrescue). This post may be long because I want to explain in details what has transpired.

I noticed my car (Hyundai SantaFe 2002 V6 2.7l) had started consuming fuel abnormally, so I finally decided to take it to Mr. Patrick (sooperrescue), after discussing with him severally on the phone, to have my transmission oil changed and to also have them check my car.

Wednesday, 27th April, 2016
The moment I pulled up, he told me that my car was dragging. They drove it and told me the car wasn't selecting gear. After checking the car, Mr. Patrick (sooperrescue) told me that my car had no serious problem, but that:

1. My Starting Switch Needed to be changed
2. They needed to replace the cable that connects to the Gear Body,
3. Transmission Oil change,
4. New Air Filter,
5. New Spark Plugs

I sat there in his office thinking they were working on my car outside, but each time I came out to check on the car, I met it unattended to, and each time I asked, I was told "they had gone to buy the things needed to fix the car". I ended up spending the entire day there and was surprised when I was told to come back on Friday, 29th April 2016, to pick my car. It was a bitter pill to swallow because my car is a very important work tool, and I'd just taken a new client project. So being without it for two whole days was going to cost me a lot, but I had no choice at that time but to wait. He said they needed some money to work, so I paid N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira) that day via POS.

Friday, 29th April 2016
I went to his workshop to pick up my car, and was told the car was ready except that they hadn't been able to find my Spark plugs anywhere. This is a Hyundai SantaFe 2002 for crying out loud, how come they couldn't find my plugs anywhere in Lagos; a whole Lagos? He said the only place they found my Plugs was in Agidingbi, at the cost of N15,000 (Fifteen Thousand Naira), and they'll go there first thing on Saturday morning to get it. I told Mr. Patrick (sooperrescue) how disastrous it'll be for me to go without my car due to my kind of work, and he gave me another vehicle, a JEEP Commander to use till Saturday evening. He demanded N50,000 (Fifty Thousand Naira) to help speed up things, and sent one of his boys to go with me to the ATM to get the money.

Saturday, 30th April 2016
The JEEP Commander he gave me turned out to be an absolute nightmare. After 60liters of fuel for a 30km trip, I called him that I was returning the car. To say I was frustrated and disappointed is an understatement. How could he give me a faulty car? My own faulty car didn't consume that much fuel, yet he gave it to me knowing fully well it was no good. Back at his workshop, I saw they had bought the new plugs for my car, and was hopeful I would leave with my car that day. After putting the new plugs, they drove it around brought it back and started work again, after which my car refused to even crank up, not to talk of starting. To cut the long story short, I was told to come back on Monday, 2nd May 2016. Since my car was going to stay that long, I told them to go ahead and change my engine oil and faulty engine seat.

Monday, 2nd May 2016.
I called on the phone and Mr. Patrick (sooperrescue) told me my car wiring was messed up that they needed to download my wiring diagram from the internet and rewire my car...

Tuesday, 3rd May 2016.
...they were still rewiring my car...

Wednesday, 4th May 2016.
They said I should come and pick up my car and I should bring a balance of N65,475 (Sixty Five Thousand, Four Hundred and Seventy Five Naira Only). WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!. They said my bill was N125,475 (One Hundred and Twenty Five Thousand, Four Hundred and Seventy Five Naira Only). I asked them so email me the invoice so that I can have a look, and they said their internet was bad. So the Secretary sent me the following invoice via SMS:

Plugs/Air Filter 17,000
Transmission Repairs/ Fluid 70,000
Engine Oil 5litres 21,500
Engine oil filter 1,500
Engine Flush (1pc) 3,500
Wiring 6,000
VAT 5,975 = 125,475.
PAID 60,000
Bal 65,475

I called Mr. Patrick (sooperrescue) and told him to send me a detailed invoice, but he said their WIFI was down.

Thursday, 5th May 2016.
Them: Oga, come with your balance of N65,475 and come and collect your car
Me: Email me the detailed invoice first
Them: Our internet is down

I wasn't really bothered about my car anymore cos I'd been through hell without it, and was on location at that moment.

Friday, 6th May 2016.
...same story...

Saturday, 7th May 2016.
...same story...

Monday, 9th May 2016.
...same story.... But I've had enough of it. I went down to their workshop.
Mr. Patrick (sooperrescue) started dodging me around the workshop like he always did each time I came around, but I wasn't having any of it this time around, I was ready for his tricks. I took the invoice, a paper, and a pen, and was following him around, demanding that he give me a detailed breakdown. Omo, the padding for the invoice be like naija budget. He used all tricks to known to man to try and sneak away from me like he always did, but I was on his tail. We checked everything and came to around N90,000, but I needed more clarifications cos most of what he was saying was vague. When he saw I wasn't backing down, and was demanding to see the fictitious items he bought/replaced, he flare up, and I equally flared up; I was ready to give him hell. There was this particular item on the list called switches with a price tag of 12,000. I demanded to know what kind of switches and he was showing me wires. I be fool? shey I no know difference between switch and wire again. This man, Mr. Patrick (sooperrescue), refused to go over the invoice anymore with me cos I'd found him out; he said he wouldn't look at it anymore. CAN YOU IMAGINE?! He said his boy should go over the list with me and we came down to N77,500. But I still insisted I wasn't going to pay for the fictitious 12k Switches, so my balance came to N5,500, but Mr. Patrick (sooperrescue) refused to collect the N5,500 balance, saying I must pay for the invisible 12k Switches . To cut the long story short, I took my car and left.

When I was driving I noticed my car wasn't changing gear; the same issue that took me to him in the first place; and I called Mr. Patrick (sooperrescue), but he said it was a lie. My car has both automatic and manual modes. I tried the manual mode, and discovered my car is permanently on gear 3. He said I should change my leaking Airflow Meter tube.

If you think it ended there, na lie. The fuel tank was empty so I bought 20liters black-market fuel at Maryland for 5k. You can imagine the shock on my face when I saw my fuel gauge running down like it was drilling for crude. By the time I got to Lekki, I'd run out of fuel, 20 whole liters from Maryland to Lekki shocked. Well, for the first time since I bought my ever reliable car, I got stranded in Lekki after spending 60k to avaoid getting standed. I called Mr. Patrick (sooperrescue) but he refused to pick his calls.

Tuesday, 10th May 2016.
After spending 60k at Mr. Patrick's workshop, I was forced to take my car to Baba Saheed (my own Kazeem), to fix the leaking Airflow Meter tube and my engine seat (did I mention Mr. Patrick couldn't find that in the whole Lagos?). My car doesn't just feel and drive the way it did before going to Mr. Patrick (sooperrescue), it now consumes more fuel.

Wednesday, 11th May 2016.
Called Mr. Patrick (sooperrescue) in the morning to complain about the car and he said he'll call me back. Afternoon, no call yet. I called him several times, but he wouldn't pick up his calls. He finally picked the call in the evening and said he'll get back to me..... till now

CONCLUSION
I feel I have been scammed by Mr. Patrick (sooperrescue). After spending N60,000 at his workshop, my car is worse than it was when I took it to him. If I use my connect to deal with him, he wouldn't find it funny at all, so I decided to come here first.

FORGIVE THE LONG EPISTLE.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3062717_img2015091900922_jpeg5b6f217dc501db2e491ae05cdb36eb77

I feel your pain bro,

But my own experience was opposite, i read about a man called GAZZUZ here on nairaland and visited him last week Thursday and have my new tokunbo rav4 2002 inspected and my experience from calling him phone and visiting his workshop has been very pleasant and worthy of every kobo i spent at his place .

what surprises me most was that at a point he even ask one of his boys to take me to ATM along college road ifako to withdraw money without asking for a penny.

i am not running advert for this guys but when people do anything good let us appreciate them.

i am still going to visit his shop tomorrow 14/05/2016 to have my catalyst converter replaced,which i have paid ahead for.

you can look out for him and call him up maybe he can be of help,i just wish we have people like him around when car issues arises.

The guy seems honest and open to me too.

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Nobody: 11:01am On May 13, 2016
Superrescue, it was good of you to post things from your own perspective.

I must say though, regardless of who is right or wrong, you do not come online to publicly insult, and threaten your client. It is totally wrong, whichever way you look at things. Your client puts money in your pocket, and food in your belly, fact!

I too have had times when some of my clients have really riled me, and have been less than compromising in their attitude. I don't go head to head with them, I simply eat humble pie, and smooth things down. You'll never win having having an argument with a client, worse when it's a very public online one. Calling a client names too, I just don't get it.

Showing off that your business is not threatened is sheer arrogance. What you're saying is your clients can go to blazes, because you've got tons more. Man, that's wrong!

I'm no judge, and I can't tell you how to run your business, but I personally feel all you can do here is damage limitation. You need to apologise to Joseph, on the same platform you chose to insult him on.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by kunle75(m): 11:31am On May 13, 2016
sooperrescue:

Please stop this nonsense you are posting and find a way to make peace with your client as EMEKA rightly said i supposed you are elderly person and by now should apply wisdom in this situation.

let me tell you if you are not aware,it takes a few seconds for one client to demarket you and will take you a decade to regroup same .

with your statement here,its evident that wisdom is far from you and you need one from GAZZUZ.

if you like listen to peoples correction and do the needful and move business forward and or other wise.

my penny

3 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by sooperrescue(m): 11:56am On May 13, 2016
Everyone has written what is on their mind and I appreciate all of you. The switches that connects the gear inside the engine has Sev :oen wires all leading to the engine is the can network which was not communicating. His gear selector on the dashboard shows only reverse. That was rectified. After the whole job was done, i took the car home and brought it back the next day. It was working fine. I noticed his fuel guage was low and that it takes an hour before the temperature guage will get near middle. I called him and asked if the guage is working and he said yes and that why is the guage taking that long to get to the normal operating level, he told me that the guage used to get to the level but it will overheat and that it was part of the reason he is paying us to fix the car. I also noticed that it was only one headlight that worked that night and he said both headlamps are in order before he brought it. On the day he was to puck up the car, he made my electriciaN to undo all the job he did on the car because the headlamps and fog lamps had a special relay to power them. When they were done, he left with the car. I believe that in making the rewire to let the lights work as it used to, instead of the way we redesigned it, it made the gear to relaspe. If i had deceived him, i would have told him that we need a new gear and leave his old gear without doing anything. I dont despise any car, when he came and saw all the range rovers in the workshop, he regretted that he just sold the his range rover because of the high maintenance cost. If I like doing big cars, i wont even tell him to come. Anyone from nairaland knows that they get high premium service whenever they visit my shop because of my respect for the forum. The electrician that drove the car confirmed that the Gear was selecting, i took it home and it was selecting and i heard noise in the exhaust and when he came for the car, i told him that the car was with the panel beater who later came back that there was no catalyst converter in the exhaust and he comfirmed it. The electrician told me in his presence that there was no thermostat in the engine, that is why the temperature is permanently below operating temperature. He made us undo most of the electronics on the day he took the car and he cannot now come here and cry wolf. All these incidents are not in his report. He was there when they brought the plugs and he saw it. He can also attest that his gear selector is showing the prnd on his dashboard. I was the one that begged him to use his mechanic to fix the engine seat and get the air intake hose as i dont have the means of looking for parts that are difficult to find. When he said he does not want castrol oil, we drained it and put mobil for him. I know how much i buy the castrol in 1 litre can and the seller asks for his money as soon as it is supplied. He was also there. Were was he scammed or what feeling is he getting if he was told that we changed parts which were not changed.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 13, 2016
CNARIOjoseph:

Don't run away o! You said Nairaland should judge, and you haven't even given them time to consider the case before running away. Abeg come back o.

And yes, I wish I had a Hyundai i35, or even Hyundai SantaFe 2015.[s] Do you want me to tell you how I feel when I'm driving my 2002 SantaFe and one small girl overtakes me with 2015 SantaFe?[/s] [s]Well, that's irrelevant cos I know I'll drive better cars as long as I remain focused[/s]. But for now, I'm proud of my 2002 SantaFe, and I treat it like a baby. It is my ever reliable work tool that has never disappointed me. But bros abeg, which car does your son drive cos I'm sure you must have my mate at home (Mr. Patrick na confirm old man with grayhair o). Abi shey na your boy be the leader of your gang wey you wan send to me? You threat, by the way, has been dully noted, and you'll hear from me when I'm done with this job I'm handling.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 13, 2016
It is so obvious that Sooperrescue doesn't know diddly-squat about Customer Relations. Under no circumstances should you insult your Customer. Where is that done?

5 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 13, 2016
sooperrescue:
The switches that connects the gear inside the engine has Seven wires all leading to the engine is the can network which was not communicating.

I didn't want to call you out on this, but...

...the 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe did not have CAN communication in any modules. I worked for Hyundai's parent company Kia, back in 2011. I was present at the launch of the 2011 Kia Optima, which was the first model to have CAN communication, and even back then, it was partial.

The Hyundai Santa Fe was quite basic, and there was no CAN communication protocol between the Engine Control Unit (ECU) and the Transmission Control Unit (TCU). As a matter of fact (from memory) the '02 Hyundai Santa Fe did not have separate control units for engine and automatic transmission. They were all combined in a single unit.

Something's not right here, possibly you or your boys made a mistake?

sooperrescue:
When came and saw all the range rovers in the workshop, he regretted that he just sold the his range rover because of the high maintenance cost.

Sir, this is something your client told you in confidence. You bringing this up here suggests that you feel your client was struggling financially. Your client's finances have nothing to do with how he perceives he was treated.

Rather than trying to justify your actions, simply apologise to Joseph, and sort out any issues between yourselves. You're not doing yourself any favours by arguing.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by nurey(m): 12:59pm On May 13, 2016
Op, we have heard what happened and we sympathize with you. Cut your losses and move on.
The mistake you made is letting them fix your car while you sip conyack under the shade. But what has happened has happened. If you can fore-go the initial 70k+ you have spent, good, then look for a better mechanic and do the right thing.

You have two options
1. Thank God that the car is in your possesion and look for a professional to give you statistical cost implication of putting the car like it came out of factory
2. Go to court or carry army, soldier, thugs and go and harrass oga scooper, the out come of this isnt going to be good at all. And you will still spend money at the end of the day

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by FullDepth1: 12:59pm On May 13, 2016
Siena:

I didn't want to call you out on this, but...

...the 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe did not have CAN communication in any modules. I worked for Hyundai's parent company Kia, back in 2011. I was present at the launch of the 2011 Kia Optima, which was the first model to have CAN communication, and even back then, it was partial.

The Hyundai Santa Fe was quite basic, and there was no CAN communication protocol between the Engine Control Unit (ECU) and the Transmission Control Unit (TCU). As a matter of fact (from memory) the '02 Hyundai Santa Fe did not have separate control units for engine and automatic transmission. They were all combined in a single unit.

Something's not right here, possibly you or your boys made a mistake?

Sir, this is something your client told you in confidence. You bringing this up here suggests that you feel your client was struggling financially. Your client's finances have nothing to do with how he perceives he was treated.

Rather than trying to justify your actions, simply apologise to Joseph, and sort out any issues between yourselves. You're not doing yourself any favours by arguing.

Siena, your knowledge of Cars is extraordinary. But no disrespect, you are not dealing with this by listing and quoting all these lines of yours and his.

If you want to be a Judge, then you have to Stay Blind !

Since you have called the Mechanic out to Apologize based on Customer Relationship and Standards, then stand by just that.

Both Parties are Right and Wrong in their respective ways, but going by your judgment, Sooper should just Apologize.

Eg: I could be an annoying customer to you, and you'd simply walk me out of your workshop. Now imagine being asked to apologize to me, simply because you were trying to avoid any form of brouhaha.

In all, Sooperrescue should humbly apologize to Joseph. Pls If Possible, Joseph should do same (as real men). And let this Thread be closed.

Thanks Siena, for being the Good Judge.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by billy187(m): 1:00pm On May 13, 2016
Frankly, I think this episode is as the result of mistakes made by both client and mechanic - things might have not degenerated to this if a few things were done differently.

As Denn pointed out, no mention of a scan was made. This could have put things in a pretty specific direction- despite the overall state of disrepair of Mr.Joseph's Hyundai. Also I feel Sooperrescue must have been a little too vague with regards to the quotes he mentioned to the client. Finally, the very fact that the client didn't actually have his car fixed kinda justifies the reduced labor costs- which also might be related to the lapses in diagnosis

Mr.Joseph I also feel wasn't the best of clients either. Limiting the time space for work on his car adversely affected the quality of workmanship. This is why we almost always ignore the 'clients' demands for hastiness in my area of expertise (I'm in the health sector, by the way). Among the myriad of procedures, its often a single test that determines whether I put the patient on the road to recovery or the road to a severe complication- or even death. Its in this vein that I believe you should never, ever rush your mechanic. Also, according to sooperrescue's account It seems the client's car must've one too many issues due to poor maintenance which might or might not have contributed to his predicament. I think he (the mechanic) did well to attempt to remedy these issues, though the motive and implications should have been vividly made known to the client.

Finally, I think it was really under-the-belt of Mr.Sooperrescue's to respond to these accusations with a personal attack on Mr.Joseph. C'mon, dissing his car, really? He might have really pissed you off, but then as a businessman that depends on clients to maintain his business, I think more matured responses would've not been out of place.

6 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by lourash(m): 1:01pm On May 13, 2016
CNARIOjoseph:

My first instinct was to go to Gazzuz, but his location is way off my grid. After 60k and having my car worse than it was after spending 2weeks in Mr. Patrick's workshop, I think I've learnt my lesson.

Please is this Mr. Patrick at Agidingbi area along Amara Olu str. and carries dirty/rough dreads

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by lourash(m): 1:02pm On May 13, 2016
kunle75:

I feel your pain bro,

But my own experience was opposite, i read about a man called GAZZUZ here on nairaland and visited him last week Thursday and have my new tokunbo rav4 2002 inspected and my experience from calling him phone and visiting his workshop has been very pleasant and worthy of every kobo i spent at his place .

what surprises me most was that at a point he even ask one of his boys to take me to ATM along college road ifako to withdraw money without asking for a penny.

i am not running advert for this guys but when people do anything good let us appreciate them.

i am still going to visit his shop tomorrow 14/05/2016 to have my catalyst converter replaced,which i have paid ahead for.

you can look out for him and call him up maybe he can be of help,i just wish we have people like him around when car issues arises.

The guy seems honest and open to me too.

Bros GAZZUZ is a great Guy.........

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are LASTMA Officials Afraid Of Rich Men In Lagos? / CEO Of Daimler Name His Four Automotive Icons,Do You Agree With His Picks? / Driving On An Empty Tank? You May Need This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 241
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.