Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? (12902 Views)

Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? / 6 Tips On How To Choose A Car Mechanic / Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by VehicleUnit: 2:49pm On May 28, 2018
sometime we do come across the un-usuals occurrences. you as a auto repairer; what particular un-usual fault have you come across in a vehicle?

1 Like

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by mayor2013: 3:20pm On May 28, 2018
The list is endless grin

2 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by VehicleUnit: 3:55pm On May 28, 2018
mayor2013:
The list is endless grin

thats right. but you can share just two of the experiences in your list. it will help other members here.

2 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by mayor2013: 4:30pm On May 28, 2018
VehicleUnit:

thats right. but you can share just two of the experiences in your list. it will help other members here.

Foam stocked inside a silencer within the exhaust pot. This made engine run under duress there by causing serious stall within a work period of 5mins. I couldn't believe my eyes shocked shocked

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by VehicleUnit: 6:21pm On May 28, 2018
mayor2013:

Foam stocked inside a silencer within the exhaust pot. This made engine run under duress there by causing serious stall within a work period of 5mins. I couldn't believe my eyes shocked shocked

that's really astonishing ooo .. ! grin grin

1 Like

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by meezynetwork(m): 7:19am On May 29, 2018
Hmmm
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by Abudu2000(m): 7:19am On May 29, 2018
Watch these kasims come here to form expects

8 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by inoki247: 7:19am On May 29, 2018
az a trekker d day i hate most iz d day my wallet fell inside Third mainland Bridge would av follow d walet buh i rethink and m still going to Ibadan i trek from Iyana Oworo to Ibadan....

18 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by symbianDON(m): 7:22am On May 29, 2018
as I no be mechanic na....make I siddon here de observe

1 Like

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by wristbangle: 7:22am On May 29, 2018
Rats eating distributor cables connected to spark plugs. It looks as if Village people were at work when I saw the incidence.

Vehicle unable to start after changing injector, brain box, bla bla not until it was observed that a wire from the fuse section has been disconnected sad and person don spend close to 100k

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by femi4: 7:24am On May 29, 2018
Rat sleeping on engine bay, I had to replace the engine

2 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by EDUECO(m): 7:30am On May 29, 2018
Rati, rati!

Na ordinary rat na im pursue the lion king(aka Bubu) commot from Aso Rock.

Rat's destructive tendencies can make the detection of a car's fault difficult. Don't allow rats make your engine bay their dwelling.

1 Like

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by freemanbubble: 7:31am On May 29, 2018
isoright
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by dreamwords: 7:38am On May 29, 2018
;DDh
How mechanics are on nairaland
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by SIRKAY98(m): 7:39am On May 29, 2018
The most embarrassing moment i had when my car got fault was when the AIR FLOW METER GOT BURNT
NISSAN SERENA BUS

1. CAR SAPS FUEL LIKE 30LITRES IN 30MINUTES

2.CAR WOUNT RACE TO SOME EXTENT AND WOUNT MOVE AS EXPECTED

3. CAR JERKS

4.SYMPTOMS IS BLACK SMOKE

5.Some evil mechanics told me it had no solution i should sell the Car at Jankara Ijaiye Ojokoro Market(at 150,000)
Car of 1.5MN

I INSIST THAT IT WILL WORK

AIRFLOW METER BROUGHT TO ME IN ALL NUKES AND CRANES OF THE MARKET WAS OVER 100 no one worked

I nearly lost hope to go and park it in the house for ever

I got there by 7am in the Morning that faithfull day and i was about living by 7pm when this guy brought the Airflow meter because i was nearly crying that i lost money

But at first i said he should not worry! because i lost hope

But i took d courage and he put it...but lo and behold the engine came up, stops black smoke,raves well, stoped fuel sapping and it became normall

I spent over 200k in fixing it!

Because i have first bought almost all component in the car thinking its the Fault due to suggestions from evil mechanics

I bought brain Box 5. ,fuel Pumps countless, Injector System

Alot of Gas-Fuel

And workmanships

Am still using d car .it a good Car

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by Roon9(m): 7:40am On May 29, 2018
Nigerian mechanic will not have the patience to check and get the root cause.... Small thing they will say buy new one

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by Nobody: 7:41am On May 29, 2018
I saw 2 cockroaches making love on the ignition bay in the engine cover.
I couldn't believe my eyes... I told the owner we would have to perform a full engine replacement procedure with immediate effect so the cockroaches would relocate.

8 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by dudebuck: 7:42am On May 29, 2018
SIRKAY98:
The most embarrassing moment i had when my car got fault was when the AIR FLOW METER GOT BURNT
NISSAN SERENA BUS

1. CAR SAPS FUEL LIKE 30LITRES IN 30MINUTES

2.CAR WOUNT RACE TO SOME EXTENT AND WOUNT MOVE AS EXPECTED

3. CAR JERKS

4.SYMPTOMS IS BLACK SMOKE

5.Some evil mechanics told me it had no solution i should sell the Car at Jankara Ijaiye Ojokoro Market(at 150,000)
Car of 1.5MN

I INSIST THAT IT WILL WORK

AIRFLOW METER BROUGHT TO ME IN ALL NUKES AND CRANES OF THE MARKET WAS OVER 100 no one worked

I nearly lost hope to go and park it in the house for ever

I got there by 7am in the Morning that faithfull day and i was about living by 7pm when this guy brought the Airflow meter because i was nearly crying that i lost money

But at first i said he should not worry! because i lost hope

But i took d courage and he put it...but lo and behold the engine came up, stops black smoke,raves well, stoped fuel sapping and it became normall

I spent over 200k in fixing it!

Because i have first bought almost all component in the car thinking its the Fault due to suggestions from evil mechanics

I bought brain Box 5. ,fuel Pumps countless, Injector System

Alot of Gas-Fuel

And workmanships

Am still using d car .it a good Car
simply scanning the car first would have prevented that

9 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by WizydXkoba(m): 7:44am On May 29, 2018
Abudu2000:
Watch these kasims come here to form expects

we have seen u o! Car EXPECTS indeed.
The hunter becomes the hunted. Ram.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:48am On May 29, 2018
mayor2013:

Could have been a deliberate act
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by Abudu2000(m): 7:54am On May 29, 2018
WizydXkoba:

we have seen u o! Car EXPECTS indeed.
The hunter becomes the hunted. Ram.
so mechanics can actually spell? U r rite. The hunter becomes....
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by slapandfall(m): 7:57am On May 29, 2018
d
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by MOHE: 7:59am On May 29, 2018
How can one expel rats from the engine bay permanently?

2 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by Ayo8(m): 8:05am On May 29, 2018
gazzuzz we r waiting ooo....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages / Nigeria To Reduce Sulphur Content In Petrol, Diesel And Kerosene Effective July / 9 Facts You Need To Know About Your Car VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.